Vampire Elder (Neutral Chaos)

Old Role Ideas

Vampire Elder (Neutral Chaos)

Postby Tzedrik » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:51 pm

Don't be fooled by the name, it's probably not what you think.

Role Name: Vampire Elder

Role Alignment: Neutral Chaos

You are a vampire with experience. You are skilled in finding new targets for the young ones.

Abilities: Check one person each night to see if he is a suitable target for conversion.

Attributes:
- If there are more than one Vampire, the eldest one becomes a Vampire Elder.
- If there is no Vampire left, you become a Vampire

Special Attributes: Unique role.

Goal: Convert everyone who would oppose you.

Wins with: Vampires, Witches, Survivors

Investigative Results:
- Sheriff: Your target is not suspicious.
- Investigator: Your target gathers information. They must be an Investigator, Consigliere or Vampire Elder.
- Consigliere: Your target is looking for someone to convert. They must be a Vampire Elder.

Additional Information (comments):
Depending on the target, the Vampire Elder will get messages such as:
Mafia, Witch, permanent Night Immunity roles: "Your target is not suitable for conversion"
Vampire Hunter: "Your target reeks, better stay away from it"
Anything else: "Your target is an ideal prey"
Vampire Elder counts as Vampire in the maximum cap 4.

Vampire Elder doesn't vote for the next person to bite. He isn't staked if he visits the Vampire Hunter, but still is if the Vampire Hunter visits him.
If an amnesiac choose Vampire Elder, he will get Vampire instead.

Reason for idea:
As it is, playing Vampire feels like playing Mafia with 1 Mafioso and 3 Forgers. One does the actual killing/conversion and the others are there mostly for voting majority.
Also, Vampire should have some ability to (kind of) plan their next target ahead. In end game, mostly in All Any, most of the people remaining are either Mafia, Neutral Killing or Town roles about to get kill by the first two.
At that point, it's hard to come back since Vampires can't kill and most of the remaining roles are immune to their attacks.

Debatable Things:
Vampires are quite new so maybe people are just not as skilled enough with them as with other roles.
Should it have night immunity? Mafia Support like abilities? Should he die if he visits the Vampire Hunter? Should he votes for the next target?
These points might be debatable once we know if this kind of role can be include in the game. (Or is needed)

TL;DR: A role to spot suitable target for conversion
Last edited by Tzedrik on Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tzedrik
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Vampire Elder (Neutral Chaos)

Postby oliy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:12 pm

This would be a nice mechanic for the Vampires, because they have a 4 person cap, and the abilities were previous results, and cannot be shared because of Vampire Hunters.

Old Signature Stuff:

Spoiler:
Hi! I'm Eve the Eevee! Please give me a hug :3
You can also hurt/heal me here!

My Stuff
oliy
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby VoidRuler » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:10 am

So, basically a sort of Consig for Vampires? I honestly like it. It gives the vampires more support to stand up against other team-based factions like the Mafia.

I can see the Vampire Elder pretending to be a TI and pointing out the evils in-game. Or just helping the vamps weed out who they should bite.
VoidRuler
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby NDM » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:19 am

I like it. Maybe just let him get staked if he visits the VH. So it's fair to the rest of them.
Spoiler: Thanks Archo and sorry for rushing you

Anyone who thinks they can debate me without evidence cannot win a debate. Anyone who just uses one quote as a point shows they are the failure, and prove the opposing side.

I suck at grammar. I admit it. Grammar is my lowest subject, compared to my math, reading, writing, science and history.
NDM
Godfather
Godfather

Postby StormSurge » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:39 am

You should repost this as a game mechanic in the suggestions category. I think it might be implemented there.
StormSurge
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Megalomancer » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:57 pm

The one problem with this role is that it's guaranteed with multiple Vampires. Multiple Vampires are already powerful.
Megalomancer
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Tzedrik » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:27 am

Even with multiple vampires, their only strategy is to bite at random every other night (or every night if they fail) and hope for the best. Other than that, their faction is just about voting together and hoping to survive during the night. The voting process is used mostly so elder vampires don't feel useless watching the youngest one doing all the job. Lets be honest I never saw a group of vampires arguing over the next victim. And of course if Town lynches a Vampire Elder, it means there is at least another vampire alive.

Lot of people are having troubles playing Vampires, especially versus Mafia in end game. I came up with this role mostly to avoid giving Vampires a killing ability. Most of the support abilities that Mafia have (blackmailing, forging, etc) wouldn't make sense on a vampire role anyway. The ability I give him is still usefull without being too OP or far-fetched. It also gives a vampire a job during the night, just hoping to not be killed is getting lame.
Tzedrik
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Athamae » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:05 am

vampires die visiting the hunter
In death, there is life, but in life, there is only death.

Favorite Roles: Arsonist, Veteran,Blackmailer
Athamae
Civilian
Civilian

Return to Role Idea Archives