Dangan Ronpa Discussion Thread

Subforum for the popular Dangan Ronpa forum games.

Re: Dangan Ronpa Discussion Thread

Postby PuppetStrings » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:57 pm

Hey guys, I finished the PSP game and I really liked, so I wanted to start playing with you.
Since there are no signups for the next game yet, I wanted to see if you could provide me some place to look at the rules and things like that to know how do you guys play in a forum. I have been searching, but there's no threads that says much in the opening post and I don't really feel like reading a whole thread.
Sorry for the bad English >.<

ImageImageImageImage
Spoiler:
[simg=199,252]http://i.imgur.com/t9afkUo.jpg[/simg]
PuppetStrings
Doctor
Doctor

Postby ciary » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:05 pm

well the game usually has 3 stages
1) night
you give commands to the host and tell them what you do. you walk around the map and do whatever. and if you want to kill someone, you can do that too! this is completely done in PM.
2) investigation
this is done on the thread. someone died during the night. so that means that someone is a murderer. walk around and look for clues. and discuss alibies with your fellow students
3) trial
once you think you have enough information you can start trial. during trial you can only try to convice everyone else why your suspect is the murderer. at the end of trial, someone is lynched. if this person was the murderer, hurray. if they were not, awwww :-( then the murderer got away. they get a bonus for getting away.
repeat to step 1

and that's basically the game. if you want an example, read the first few pages of VIII. it was a fairly short investigation and trial. it shouldn't take too long. and it gives you an idea on how things go.
♥ Hugs and Music ♥
♥ Goodbye everyone ^_^ -hugs- ♥

Spoiler: Image
ciary
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Achro » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:07 pm

ciary wrote:well the game usually has 3 stages
1) night
you give commands to the host and tell them what you do. you walk around the map and do whatever. and if you want to kill someone, you can do that too! this is completely done in PM.
2) investigation
this is done on the thread. someone died during the night. so that means that someone is a murderer. walk around and look for clues. and discuss alibies with your fellow students
3) trial
once you think you have enough information you can start trial. during trial you can only try to convice everyone else why your suspect is the murderer. at the end of trial, someone is lynched. if this person was the murderer, hurray. if they were not, awwww :-( then the murderer got away. they get a bonus for getting away.
repeat to step 1

and that's basically the game. if you want an example, read the first few pages of VIII. it was a fairly short investigation and trial. it shouldn't take too long. and it gives you an idea on how things go.

be careful if you're editing your alibis cough cough
-
Last updated: -
Spoiler: idk man hmu on my new instagram w/ some of my friends @trinityofsatanicglasses
Achro
Consort
Consort

Postby LetitiaWilson » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:07 pm

PuppetStrings wrote:Hey guys, I finished the PSP game and I really liked, so I wanted to start playing with you.
Since there are no signups for the next game yet, I wanted to see if you could provide me some place to look at the rules and things like that to know how do you guys play in a forum. I have been searching, but there's no threads that says much in the opening post and I don't really feel like reading a whole thread.

Welcome :D Always good to see new victims faces wandering into the games.
First things first; You can still join the current games, but as a back-up, so you'd only join the game itself if someone leaves and you get the spot.
Second; This thread might be able to help clear up some confusion for you.
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=9871
Anyway, it's pretty simple as Ciary has said, or more simple than Forum Mafia, at least XD. All games have the main rules posted in the original post, as well as any game-specific rules. The basic premise is the same as normal DR; commit a murder at night without getting caught, and to solve other murders.
Best way to learn, in my opinion, is just read through one of the completed games. They give a better understanding of how things work. Even if you only skim read them, it can still help a lot.
And if you get really stuck on something, don't be afraid to ask one of the regulars, like Ciary or myself, or one of the mods, namely Aqua and Arckas. :)
Sayonara, bitches.
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor

Postby ciary » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:16 pm

LetitiaWilson wrote:ask one of the regulars, like Ciary or myself, or one of the mods, namely Aqua and Arckas. :)

yeah I'm totally not a mod *cough cough* :-D
♥ Hugs and Music ♥

ciary
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby PuppetStrings » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:38 pm

Thanks to everybody that answered.

ciary wrote:well the game usually has 3 stages
1) night
2) investigation
3) trial
repeat to step 1

Mmmm I'll read it, but first I have a question. Obviously, when you commit a crime, you try your best to not leave clues. Do you tell the game master (or however you guys call the one that administrates the game) how you clean (or mess up with) the crime scene and it's the game master's job to create clues to solve everything? Or maybe the game master just go "welp, guys, you are screwed. This player is good and didn't left anything behind. Good luck".

ImageImageImageImage
Spoiler:
PuppetStrings
Doctor
Doctor

Postby LetitiaWilson » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:41 pm

PuppetStrings wrote:Mmmm I'll read it, but first I have a question. Obviously, when you commit a crime, you try your best to not leave clues. Do you tell the game master (or however you guys call the one that administrates the game) how you clean (or mess up with) the crime scene and it's the game master's job to create clues to solve everything? Or maybe the game master just go "welp, guys, you are screwed. This player is good and didn't left anything behind. Good luck".

Most of the time, yes, you need to tell the host via your PMs how you get rid of any evidence.
Or just do what I did and let an unknowing stooge do it for you ;)
Sayonara, bitches.
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor

Postby PuppetStrings » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:45 pm

LetitiaWilson wrote:
PuppetStrings wrote:Mmmm I'll read it, but first I have a question. Obviously, when you commit a crime, you try your best to not leave clues. Do you tell the game master (or however you guys call the one that administrates the game) how you clean (or mess up with) the crime scene and it's the game master's job to create clues to solve everything? Or maybe the game master just go "welp, guys, you are screwed. This player is good and didn't left anything behind. Good luck".

Most of the time, yes, you need to tell the host via your PMs how you get rid of any evidence.

So, if you're good enough getting rid of the clues, then you have 70% of the work done already, since everybody will be blaming someone without a real base in the trial.

ImageImageImageImage
Spoiler:
PuppetStrings
Doctor
Doctor

Postby LetitiaWilson » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:54 pm

PuppetStrings wrote:
LetitiaWilson wrote:

So, if you're good enough getting rid of the clues, then you have 70% of the work done already, since everybody will be blaming someone without a real base in the trial.

Pretty much. Granted, because there's other people playing, most of the time, your night actions will get messed up in some way or another.
Sayonara, bitches.
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor

Postby PuppetStrings » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:01 pm

LetitiaWilson wrote:
PuppetStrings wrote:
LetitiaWilson wrote:

Pretty much. Granted, because there's other people playing, most of the time, your night actions will get messed up in some way or another.

What happens if there's only 2 people left? Or less if you play with an impair number and 2 get killed every day (a victim and a guilty).

ImageImageImageImage
Spoiler:
PuppetStrings
Doctor
Doctor

Postby ciary » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:05 pm

PuppetStrings wrote:What happens if there's only 2 people left? Or less if you play with an impair number and 2 get killed every day (a victim and a guilty).

you never get there. when less than 5 (or 4) people are left, the game goes into "end game mode". what this is depends on the game-master and their imagination
♥ Hugs and Music ♥

ciary
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby PuppetStrings » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:27 pm

Well, I'll be joining the next one if I don't miss it xD

ImageImageImageImage
Spoiler:
PuppetStrings
Doctor
Doctor

Postby LetitiaWilson » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:29 pm

Cerilium wrote:All this talk makes me want to join another.

PuppetStrings wrote:Well, I'll be joining the next one if I don't miss it xD

Well, going off the Master Thread, the next game will be hosted by either Downie or Ibney. Either could be very interesting.....
Sayonara, bitches.
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Achro » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:41 pm

If Ibney hosts I'll go as Ultimate Hope ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
-
Spoiler: idk man hmu on my new instagram w/ some of my friends @trinityofsatanicglasses
Achro
Consort
Consort

Postby LetitiaWilson » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:42 pm

Achro wrote:If Ibney hosts I'll go as Ultimate Hope ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

XD I can see the first day posts already.....

I am so gonna be Ultimate Despair or some other thing like that
Sayonara, bitches.
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Achro » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:45 pm

LetitiaWilson wrote:
Achro wrote:If Ibney hosts I'll go as Ultimate Hope ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

XD I can see the first day posts already.....

I am so gonna be Ultimate Despair or some other thing like that

I'm gonna troll him pls ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
-
Achro
Consort
Consort

Postby Alicitzen » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:49 pm

Theres always the option to join backups in my game...
I mean theres probably gonna be at least one drop out at some point.
Discord: Alicitzen#1312
Alicitzen
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

Postby PuppetStrings » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:53 pm

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Theres always the option to join backups in my game...
I mean theres probably gonna be at least one drop out at some point.

I don't like to join as a backup. I've done it with other kind of games in forum and I didn't like it.
Also, I would have to think my tilte for the next game xD

ImageImageImageImage
Spoiler:
PuppetStrings
Doctor
Doctor

Postby xXxAQUAxXx » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:19 pm

So DR3 has been confirmed everyone! Hoorahhh! Some links for ya'll, and spoilers if you are too lazy to actually read it. I'll also update this everytime I find new news.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/4/8147871/danganronpa-3-development-early-stages
Spoiler: Basically, just the confirmation. It also says however the actual writing hasnt been done yet. Though, it also says half of people want a cast of a small group and the other half want a large group/ story.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/03/04/danganronpa-3-is-in-the-works.aspx
Spoiler: Monokuma might or might not come back (And to be honest I'm hoping they somehow incorporate a new mascot character). The game might take place before the events of the first game(In case you are wondering how this is even possible, read Dangan Ronpa Zero. In it the novel explains that Junko had sort of a prototype killing game using the Student Council. The rules were a bit different though, as Junko stated instead of the risk of staying in the school forever as the motive for killing, she threatened to kill the students if they themselves didnt kill) or it could take place in a different universe entirely (I actually find this interesting. Start over anew, with an entirely different reason as to why students are killing each other. Me gusta.). But for certain, they are gonna make sure it shocks us (Can't wait!).

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/danganronpa-3-early-development
Spoiler: Just basically says the scenario hasnt been decided yet. Maybe they are open to recommendations *nudge nudge wink wink*. But wouldnt be awesome if they made a game based on the Forum Dangan Ronpa games?

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/24/sci-fi-back-future-danganronpa-writers-ideas-danganronpa-3/
Spoiler: An interview with the writer of the Dangan Ronpa series. Possibly suggests the new DR game will have a sci-fi setting?
xXxAQUAxXx
Patron
Patron

Location: Forcing children to kill each other... In a forum far far away.

Postby Achro » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:23 pm

xXxAQUAxXx wrote:So DR3 has been confirmed everyone! Hoorahhh! Some links for ya'll, and spoilers if you are too lazy to actually read it. I'll also update this everytime I find new news.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/4/8147871/danganronpa-3-development-early-stages
Spoiler: Basically, just the confirmation. It also says however the actual writing hasnt been done yet. Though, it also says half of people want a cast of a small group and the other half want a large group/ story.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/03/04/danganronpa-3-is-in-the-works.aspx
Spoiler: Monokuma might or might not come back (And to be honest I'm hoping they somehow incorporate a new mascot character). The game might take place before the events of the first game(In case you are wondering how this is even possible, read Dangan Ronpa Zero. In it the novel explains that Junko had sort of a prototype killing game using the Student Council. The rules were a bit different though, as Junko stated instead of the risk of staying in the school forever as the motive for killing, she threatened to kill the students if they themselves didnt kill) or it could take place in a different universe entirely (I actually find this interesting. Start over anew, with an entirely different reason as to why students are killing each other. Me gusta.). But for certain, they are gonna make sure it shocks us (Can't wait!).

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/danganronpa-3-early-development
Spoiler: Just basically says the scenario hasnt been decided yet. Maybe they are open to recommendations *nudge nudge wink wink*. But wouldnt be awesome if they made a game based on the Forum Dangan Ronpa games?

YES :'D
-
Achro
Consort
Consort

Postby LeDerpinator » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:08 pm

Okay guys, we need to pice together our hope and send the tea our ideas!
Thanks to Burgy for the signature!
Click to check out my artworks on IG!
LeDerpinator
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby parkerparkour » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:12 pm

Yes yes but has the friggin sdr2 anime been confirmed yet? I hope if it happens it'll be a better representation of the game than the first anime
parkerparkour
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Location: The real bad place was the friends we made along the way

Postby milte345 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:13 pm

Should I begin the hype train?
Maybe it'd be nice to stop thinking...

Spoiler: There would be an FM record here but I'm lazy
So instead have a Chen

milte345
FM Hunt Winner
FM Hunt Winner

Postby xXxAQUAxXx » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:19 pm

milte345 wrote:Should I begin the hype train?

Allllllllllllllllll aboard.
*choo choo*
xXxAQUAxXx
Patron
Patron

Location: Forcing children to kill each other... In a forum far far away.

Postby LeDerpinator » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:27 pm

*FANBOY INTENSIFIES*
Thanks to Burgy for the signature!
Click to check out my artworks on IG!
LeDerpinator
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

PreviousNext

Return to Dangan Ronpa