Witch's win conditions

Ask questions you may have about the game here.

Witch's win conditions

Postby iamsprouticus » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:37 pm

If a witch kills off mafia and jester after they already had majority. But then at the very end when it is only GF and Witch and a Townie alive, vote the townie. Is that reportable as gamethrowing?
iamsprouticus
Witch
Witch

Re: Witch's win conditions

Postby iamsprouticus » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:37 pm

This was also in ranked
iamsprouticus
Witch
Witch

Re: Witch's win conditions

Postby Cavespider17 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:06 pm

Not 100% sure, but it depends on the situation I'd say. For example, did the Witch know who Mafia was? If it is, how you say it was then -
Start Day X -> Town, GF, Mafioso/Random Mafia, Jester, Witch.
Start Day X + 1 (GF Witched into Mafioso/RM) -> Town, GF, Jester, Witch.
Start Day X + 2 (GF witched into Jester) -> Town, GF, Witch.
Start Day X + 3 (GF and Witch vote Townie) -> GF, Witch.

If Witch didn't know Mafia and Mafia doesn't know witch, and had already lost scum-shield, Controlling the GF twice isn't a bad call - it prevents them attacking you. It isn't ideal though for the Mafia.

Although, if the witch knew both Mafia and Mafia knew witch it could be potentially seen that way.

It's a complicated issue for sure. Also you have to remember Witch wins if Town loses, not if Mafia wins. While Town losing and Mafia winning is a common outcome in ranked, it is possible for (and I personally have had) a Witch only win. :)

TL;DR
I'd say it depends on the circumstances of the match and how things are knowledge wise for Witch and Mafia, as they may not intentionally be trying to lose the game.
Cavespider17
Witch
Witch

Return to Ask Questions