Rainbow Ramblings! (LGBTQ[AEIOUsometimesY]** Thread)

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

Re: Rainbow Ramblings! (LGBTQ[AEIOUsometimesY]** Thread)

Postby mdb1023 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:25 pm

Came out to my parents this weekend. They took it very well. I even made a "I'm half gay" Joke and it landed excellently! Gonna come out on Facebook in a few days, I think.
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:36 am

Ahh fuck I'm gonna say it. I'm trans. Welcome to the gang guys.
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby JazzMusicStops » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:40 am

GrumpyGoomba wrote:Ahh fuck I'm gonna say it. I'm trans. Welcome to the gang guys.

Nice

Spoiler: I'm probably just going to lurk forever, posting occasionally
But if there ever comes a point where my account speaks its last
Know that it was a pleasure to be here, especially in Forum Games
During my teenage years, this place was my first real community
Thank you all so much for playing silly games with me
I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Transcender » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:49 am

GrumpyGoomba wrote:Ahh fuck I'm gonna say it. I'm trans. Welcome to the gang guys.

proud of you <3
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby JazzMusicStops » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:20 am

Squad

I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Transcender » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:41 am

JazzMusicStops wrote:Squad

F a m *
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby JazzMusicStops » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:10 pm

Gang

I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Transcender » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:21 pm

JazzMusicStops wrote:Gang

haha yes
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Transcender » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:42 pm

ScorpioDiAngelo wrote:Obviously it's a flock.

Ngl ill take "the flock" over any of these
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Transcender » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:45 am

ScorpioDiAngelo wrote:Just imagine it. A flock of queers running at you.

Y e s
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby saggingwristwatch » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:02 am

I'm really sorry you had to go through that Scorpio - that isn't fair. Nobody deserves to feel judged on such unfair terms like that.

Misunderstandings and generalisations of that kind are so common from older generations (especially pre-internet who don't have a lot of exposure to like... how the world outside their bubble works...). And I guess it goes without saying that she's just statistically and objectively not correct - but that doesn't make it any easier on you right now.

I hope she comes around to acceptance soon dude.
Stay strong. <3
saggingwristwatch
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby woahah » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:58 pm

[think]
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Myamdane » Mon May 18, 2020 7:49 pm

Rickdaily12 wrote:Glossary of Common Terms

For reference, here is a list of commonly-used words in our community along with their definitions. Please keep in mind that this vocabulary is constantly evolving and that this list may not be complete. Any contributions to the list are appreciated.
LGBT: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans*

LGBTAI: LGBT+Asexual/Aromantic/Agender+Intersex/All-Inclusive

QUILTBAG:
Q - Queer and Questioning
U - Unidentified
I - Intersex
L - Lesbian
T - Transgender/Transsexual
B - Bisexual
A - Asexual/Aromantic/Agender
G - Gay, Genderqueer

GSRM: Gender, Sexuality, and Romantic Minorities; sometimes only GSM

Where a word below is in italics, that means it has its own entry on the list.

A note on labels: many of these labels are seemingly interchangeable, and for some people they are. However, please do not presume to correct or judge another person's use of a label. Bisexual and pansexual are especially tricky in this regard, as are transgender and transsexual to a lesser degree.
Often the difference in why one person feels one label is appropriate and not another is deeply personal. If you wish to know more it is probably a topic to seek from someone in private who actually identifies with the label.

AFAB/AMAB: Assigned Female/Male at Birth.

Agender: Someone who lacks a gender.

Androgyne: Gender Identity with male and female aspects.

Androsexual: A person who is attracted to men.

Asexual: A person who does not feel sexual attraction.

Bigender: Someone who identifies as both male and female (or as any two genders) either simultaneously or alternating. See also Genderqueer, Genderfluid

Binary, The: See: Gender Binary.

Bisexual: 1. attracted to two genders; 2. attracted to one's own gender and another gender; 3. attracted to various genders; 4. attracted to people regardless of gender; 5. ask the person who says they're bi what exactly they mean by that. See also Pansexual

Cis: See: Cisgender

Cisgender (CG): Somebody whose gender and sex align.

Demisexual: A person who is sexually attracted to someone only after they have formed an intense emotional relationship with them.

Dysphoria: The etymological opposite of "euphoria." A state of unease or generalized dissatisfaction. In this context, generally referring to the discomfort or dissociation Trans* people feel with their own body.

Male-to-Female (MtF): Someone who was assigned male at birth, but is female. (AKA: trans woman)

Female: See: Woman

Female-to-Male (FtM): Someone who was assigned female at birth, but is male. (AKA: trans man)

FAAB: Female Assigned at Birth.

Feminine: Something generally associated by society with women.

FFS: Facial Feminization Surgery: Surgery to reduce chin/nose/cheekbones. Associated primarily with MAAB Trans people

FtM: See: Female to Male

Gay: See: homosexual.

Gender Binary: The commonly held notion that there are only men and women on two extremes, with nothing in between.

Gender Expression (GE): How one expresses their Gender Identity to society.

Gender Identity (GI): How one feels inside society's idea of "man, woman, or other".

Genderfluid: Someone who fluctuates between different genders.

Genderqueer (GQ): Someone who is not of a binary gender; someone who is neither male nor female.

Gynosexual: A person who is attracted to women.

Heterosexual: A person who is attracted to members of the opposite gender.

Homosexual: A person who is attracted to members of their own gender.

HRT: Hormone replacement therapy. MtF's tend to progesterone, estrogens and androgen blockers, while FtM's take testosterone almost exclusively.

Lesbian: A woman who is attracted to women.

MAAB: Male Assigned at Birth.

Male-to-Female (MtF): Someone who was assigned male at birth, but is female. (AKA: trans woman)

Man/men: A cis man or trans man. Male.

Masculine: Something generally associated by society with men.

Pansexual: A person who is attracted to people regardless of gender. See also Bisexual

Polyamorous: A person who is interested in a relationship with more than one person.

Presenting: Trans* shorthand for appearing as their preferred gender, regardless of any HRT, SRS or other changes.

Trans*: Transsexual and Transgender primarily, with the asterisk denoting that the trans- prefix could be followed by any number of appropriate words. It also includes other labels, and is a catch-all term for people who identify as something other than their biological sex at birth.
Note: While "Trans*" was at one time preferred terminology, of late it has become seen as problematic for various reasons, and is being phased out of use. The preferred term at this time is simply "Trans". You use the term in the definition of dysphoria.
Also, FtM and MtF are sometimes seen as problematic, and i've been seeing a lot more 'Trans man/Trans woman' for target gender, moving on to 'Trans-feminine/Trans-masculine' which describes the direction of change, but does not define an end point.
"Transsexual" is also being phased out as being a bit obsessed with crotch bits and orientation linked either to the cis obsession with genital configuration, or the proven false idea that transgender people are just "super gay".

Transgender: Used in reference to a person whose sex(body) and gender(mind) are at odds or do not match. A transgender person can also identify as genderqueer, transsexual, or may use transgender as their only identity.

Transitioning: The process a Trans* person undergoes to move to their preferred gender. Often includes HRT, SRS, FFS.

Transsexual: In common terms the same as transgender above. In medical terms refers specifically to people who wish to transition from male to female or female to male, not accommodating any other options.

SRS: Sex Reassignment Surgery: Surgery to replace/transform a vagina into a penis, or vice versa. Mastectomies or plastic surgery may be used on breasts.

Sexual Orientation (SO): How one identifies who they are attracted to.

Significant Other(s) (SO): Person(s) you are in a relationship with.

Third-gendered: Someone who fits in a local society's third gender, usually male performing female tasks, occasionally vice versa. Also a person who feels they do not identify with any other gender identity.

Woman: A cis woman or trans woman. Female.

Allies: Heterosexual-Cisgender people who support equality for sexual, gender, and romantic minorities.

Aromantic: a person who does not experience romantic attraction.

Non-Binary: Same as Genderqueer.

Enby: Shortened form of "Non-binary".

So many unnecessary terms. There are 3 sexualities.

Straight/Heterosexual
Gay/Lesbian/Homosexual
Bisexual

All these LGBTQIASJWQIOJQDNMO381NJLQKDQNP sexualities make it even harder for people to come out of the closet. Stick to the basics people.
The Town of Salem, 1692
Myamdane
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Transcender » Mon May 18, 2020 8:41 pm

Myamdane wrote:
Rickdaily12 wrote:Glossary of Common Terms

For reference, here is a list of commonly-used words in our community along with their definitions. Please keep in mind that this vocabulary is constantly evolving and that this list may not be complete. Any contributions to the list are appreciated.
LGBT: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans*

LGBTAI: LGBT+Asexual/Aromantic/Agender+Intersex/All-Inclusive

QUILTBAG:
Q - Queer and Questioning
U - Unidentified
I - Intersex
L - Lesbian
T - Transgender/Transsexual
B - Bisexual
A - Asexual/Aromantic/Agender
G - Gay, Genderqueer

GSRM: Gender, Sexuality, and Romantic Minorities; sometimes only GSM

Where a word below is in italics, that means it has its own entry on the list.

A note on labels: many of these labels are seemingly interchangeable, and for some people they are. However, please do not presume to correct or judge another person's use of a label. Bisexual and pansexual are especially tricky in this regard, as are transgender and transsexual to a lesser degree.
Often the difference in why one person feels one label is appropriate and not another is deeply personal. If you wish to know more it is probably a topic to seek from someone in private who actually identifies with the label.

AFAB/AMAB: Assigned Female/Male at Birth.

Agender: Someone who lacks a gender.

Androgyne: Gender Identity with male and female aspects.

Androsexual: A person who is attracted to men.

Asexual: A person who does not feel sexual attraction.

Bigender: Someone who identifies as both male and female (or as any two genders) either simultaneously or alternating. See also Genderqueer, Genderfluid

Binary, The: See: Gender Binary.

Bisexual: 1. attracted to two genders; 2. attracted to one's own gender and another gender; 3. attracted to various genders; 4. attracted to people regardless of gender; 5. ask the person who says they're bi what exactly they mean by that. See also Pansexual

Cis: See: Cisgender

Cisgender (CG): Somebody whose gender and sex align.

Demisexual: A person who is sexually attracted to someone only after they have formed an intense emotional relationship with them.

Dysphoria: The etymological opposite of "euphoria." A state of unease or generalized dissatisfaction. In this context, generally referring to the discomfort or dissociation Trans* people feel with their own body.

Female: See: Woman

Female-to-Male (FtM): Someone who was assigned female at birth, but is male. (AKA: trans man)

FAAB: Female Assigned at Birth.

Feminine: Something generally associated by society with women.

FFS: Facial Feminization Surgery: Surgery to reduce chin/nose/cheekbones. Associated primarily with MAAB Trans people

FtM: See: Female to Male

Gay: See: homosexual.

Gender Binary: The commonly held notion that there are only men and women on two extremes, with nothing in between.

Gender Expression (GE): How one expresses their Gender Identity to society.

Gender Identity (GI): How one feels inside society's idea of "man, woman, or other".

Genderfluid: Someone who fluctuates between different genders.

Genderqueer (GQ): Someone who is not of a binary gender; someone who is neither male nor female.

Gynosexual: A person who is attracted to women.

Heterosexual: A person who is attracted to members of the opposite gender.

Homosexual: A person who is attracted to members of their own gender.

HRT: Hormone replacement therapy. MtF's tend to progesterone, estrogens and androgen blockers, while FtM's take testosterone almost exclusively.

Lesbian: A woman who is attracted to women.

MAAB: Male Assigned at Birth.

Man/men: A cis man or trans man. Male.

Masculine: Something generally associated by society with men.

Pansexual: A person who is attracted to people regardless of gender. See also Bisexual

Polyamorous: A person who is interested in a relationship with more than one person.

Presenting: Trans* shorthand for appearing as their preferred gender, regardless of any HRT, SRS or other changes.

Trans*: Transsexual and Transgender primarily, with the asterisk denoting that the trans- prefix could be followed by any number of appropriate words. It also includes other labels, and is a catch-all term for people who identify as something other than their biological sex at birth.
Note: While "Trans*" was at one time preferred terminology, of late it has become seen as problematic for various reasons, and is being phased out of use. The preferred term at this time is simply "Trans". You use the term in the definition of dysphoria.
Also, FtM and MtF are sometimes seen as problematic, and i've been seeing a lot more 'Trans man/Trans woman' for target gender, moving on to 'Trans-feminine/Trans-masculine' which describes the direction of change, but does not define an end point.
"Transsexual" is also being phased out as being a bit obsessed with crotch bits and orientation linked either to the cis obsession with genital configuration, or the proven false idea that transgender people are just "super gay".

Transgender: Used in reference to a person whose sex(body) and gender(mind) are at odds or do not match. A transgender person can also identify as genderqueer, transsexual, or may use transgender as their only identity.

Transitioning: The process a Trans* person undergoes to move to their preferred gender. Often includes HRT, SRS, FFS.

Transsexual: In common terms the same as transgender above. In medical terms refers specifically to people who wish to transition from male to female or female to male, not accommodating any other options.

SRS: Sex Reassignment Surgery: Surgery to replace/transform a vagina into a penis, or vice versa. Mastectomies or plastic surgery may be used on breasts.

Sexual Orientation (SO): How one identifies who they are attracted to.

Significant Other(s) (SO): Person(s) you are in a relationship with.

Third-gendered: Someone who fits in a local society's third gender, usually male performing female tasks, occasionally vice versa. Also a person who feels they do not identify with any other gender identity.

Woman: A cis woman or trans woman. Female.

Allies: Heterosexual-Cisgender people who support equality for sexual, gender, and romantic minorities.

Aromantic: a person who does not experience romantic attraction.

Non-Binary: Same as Genderqueer.

Enby: Shortened form of "Non-binary".

So many unnecessary terms. There are 3 sexualities.

Straight/Heterosexual
Gay/Lesbian/Homosexual
Bisexual

All these LGBTQIASJWQIOJQDNMO381NJLQKDQNP sexualities make it even harder for people to come out of the closet. Stick to the basics people.

Are you trying to streamline sexualities
not even doing it well
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby lemonader666 » Tue May 19, 2020 2:16 am

Personally think sexual talk is way too common nowadays

Society

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby JazzMusicStops » Tue May 19, 2020 4:52 am

lemonader666 wrote:Personally think sexual talk is way too common nowadays

Society

we live in a

I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Transcender » Tue May 19, 2020 5:39 am

this shouldve been a lounge thread with posts like these
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Transcender » Tue May 19, 2020 12:18 pm

Flake wrote:

Society

society

you are but a husk
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby MysticMismagius » Tue May 19, 2020 1:47 pm

Flake wrote:
Google wrote:
Flake wrote:

Society
society
you are but a husk
society

Simultaneously the cause of people commonly talking about sex and people commonly being forced into the closet
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Fenraiser » Wed May 20, 2020 1:45 am

MysticMismagius wrote:
Flake wrote:
Google wrote:
Flake wrote:

Society
society
you are but a husk
society

Simultaneously the cause of people commonly talking about sex and people commonly being forced into the closet

It's not just sex but also romantic love.
deathofrats0808 wrote:
James wrote:DEATH! I JUST WANT ONE MORE BREATH!
CAAN YOOOU GRANT MEE ONE MOOOORE PLEEEEEEEEAAASE!?

All out of breath I'm afraid. I only have existential dread left.
Fenraiser
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Transcender » Wed May 20, 2020 4:09 am

at least it isnt the 1800s again
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby mdb1023 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:03 am

Now that I've had a few months to sit on my sexuality, I've come to the realization that I really want a boyfriend. I mean, my 22 year old single ass would take ANY relationship regardless, but something in me just really wants to be gay rn.
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby BRVR » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:33 pm

HOWDY!

YOU ARE ALL WONDERFUL AND AWESOME!
THE GREAT KIJAH IS BACK AND IS HERE TO STAY!
I AM OPEN TO MAKING NEW FRIENDS TO FILL THE VOID IN MY HEART OF SADNESS!
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby dolphina » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:10 pm

BRVR wrote:HOWDY!

thanks

you too bud
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Alicitzen » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:23 pm

BRVR wrote:HOWDY!

false
Discord: Alicitzen#1312
Alicitzen
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussions