Appeal - Dylthechicken

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appeal - Dylthechicken

Postby dylthechicken » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:42 pm

I got suspended for 7 days under HS/H for calling my friend and fellow party member a "filthy cishet" when calling someone a "cishet" is not even an offensive term. The person who I called a "filthy cishet" was not offended by me calling them by that. A "cishet" is a cisgender heterosexual and was not used in any way to offend anyone. A heterosexual is a straight person. The word "filthy" before was used in a satirical context. Alongside that, VideoNutGaming was another party member and was not offended by what I mentioned to them either. VideoNutGaming and AngelStar291 frequently play together and sexual humour is perfectly common between those two and no rules are being broken. After messaging AngelStar291, she said she "didn't even take that personally" and "I have video proof of it".
dylthechicken
Jester
Jester

Re: Appeal - Dylthechicken

Postby TrialBot » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:45 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:14 pm

There might be a few instances that could be called harassment, the details may show the lobby, but that might not give full info about everything.
Keep in mind that a certain degree of sexual talk could be deemed as "sexual harassment" to anyone reading it. But the given one seems to be rather mild there. Your way to deny the Medium a win, could be counted as harassment, though.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby dylthechicken » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:30 pm

Jerme wrote:There might be a few instances that could be called harassment, the details may show the lobby, but that might not give full info about everything.
Keep in mind that a certain degree of sexual talk could be deemed as "sexual harassment" to anyone reading it. But the given one seems to be rather mild there. Your way to deny the Medium a win, could be counted as harassment, though.

I personally would say denying the Medium a win is not harrassment because I'm contributing to my own win condition? So am I still suspended? I'm really confused with what exactly I've done wrong here.
dylthechicken
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:07 pm

Well, you denied their win, as you have multiple win cons one included that one.
That aside, I'll go check back with someone to see their thoughts on this.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby dylthechicken » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:46 pm

Jerme wrote:Well, you denied their win, as you have multiple win cons one included that one.

Thank you for potentially re-considering this.
dylthechicken
Jester
Jester

Postby dylthechicken » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:01 am

Jerme wrote:Well, you denied their win, as you have multiple win cons one included that one.

Has anyone said anything yet regarding this situation?
dylthechicken
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:32 am

The decision was made on what you said in the lobby, so your first suspicion was correct.
It might not be as light as you think you it were. If you were replacing the givne description with any other sexuality, it would seem a bit more insulting despite having the "same" meaning.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby dylthechicken » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:56 am

Jerme wrote:The decision was made on what you said in the lobby, so your first suspicion was correct.
It might not be as light as you think you it were. If you were replacing the givne description with any other sexuality, it would seem a bit more insulting despite having the "same" meaning.

So am I still suspended or am I unsuspended? I'm very confused.
dylthechicken
Jester
Jester

Postby Flavorable » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:40 am

You will need to await an Admin's final reply, this will take time. Although keep in mind that the fact that you were still using your words in a derogatory manner in a public lobby where other people resided besides just yourself and your friend, chances of your appeal being granted are not great.

Regardless, patience is required.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TurdPile » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:05 am

Appeal granted.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Appeals