Cannot type spaces into in game chat or custom username.

Post any known bugs here!

Cannot type spaces into in game chat or custom username.

Postby Bremtreaty » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:16 pm

After not playing the game for probably more than a year I just came back to it recently and ever since I have been unable to type spaces into the in-game chat nor the custom username bar. I am playing on the web browser version of the game. My spacebar works fine everywhere else.

So far I have tried using my clickable on screen keyboard and clearing my cache, neither of which worked. The only way I am able to use spaces is to copy a space onto my clipboard and paste it, which makes the game unplayable at times. The issue doesn't occur when I play the mobile version of the game with the same account.

I have looked through the forums and cannot find anyone who has had the same problem as me, so maybe the issue is on my end. Still, any help would be appreciated.

*screen shots don't show anything here but none the less*
https://imgur.com/BUXb1o7
Bremtreaty

Re: Cannot type spaces into in game chat or custom username.

Postby DocExer » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:44 am

@Bremtreaty, I have not seen any other reports of the particular issue you reported, so it would seem to be limited to your rig. Are you on a laptop, desktop, or tablet? If you are able to switch out your keyboard with another, can you give that a try to see if the issue persists?
DocExer
Developer
Developer

Postby Reaglose » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:22 am

I've been having this issue too (on the web version), it has been happening for the past three or four days. It stopped once about a day ago for a single game, but continued again after. The only difference between my situation and yours is that I play a lot. The game is literally unplayable.
Reaglose

Postby Brilliand » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:16 am

Reaglose wrote:I've been having this issue too (on the web version), it has been happening for the past three or four days. It stopped once about a day ago for a single game, but continued again after. The only difference between my situation and yours is that I play a lot. The game is literally unplayable.

Does the problem go away when you use a different browser on the same computer?

If so, then posting the exact browser version you're running when you have the problem might help.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Reaglose » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:14 am

It seems like this is only a bug on Google Chrome. I am using the latest version (Version 86.0.4240.80 (Official Build) (x86_64)). Upon using the Opera GX browser (I was getting an error code 1015 on Firefox and Safari is not compatible), the spacebar worked perfectly fine.
Reaglose

Return to Bug Reports