Anime Community (¨Loli¨)

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

Re: Anime Community (¨Loli¨)

Postby dolphina » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:37 am

Brilliand wrote:
dolphina wrote:It's fucking pedophilia I just- why? Why are you doing this? There is no benefit unless your sick, twisted mind finds this enjoyable. Heed my advice

Why are you trying to shoot down any attempt to treat this subject neutrally?

You appear to be advocating that we treat kiromishiro21 as the worst of monsters... because he asked a question about something related to pedophilia. He doesn't deserve to be treated that way.

The mention of pedophilia is quite different from the act of pedophilia. Active pedophilia harms children. Mentioning pedophilia does not. This hateful death spiral around any mention of pedophilia? Does harm children, because it simultaneously makes it hard for children to learn what pedophilia is, and punishes them for wanting to learn. (It also harms adults in exactly the same way, though I'm guessing that isn't zaas interesting.)

kiromishiro21 isn't a pedophile, he's someone who asked a question about something he didn't understand.

Yes, I understand that. However, I was responding to Superalex11's comment. Sorry for that not being clear. I understand that you will probably ignore this statement and keep going on about the same topic, because that's what's to be expected. However, I will explain the statement.

Superalex11 is implying that saying "Loli" is okay. The sexualization of children is not okay, I'm sure you understand that. That's why it fills me with anguish that ANYONE would say something like that is okay, which is basically what superalex11 was doing. I'm sure, Brilliand, that you didn't mean for this, but since you snipped the quote that I was replying to, it makes me look like I was saying that to kiromishiro21. It's completely understandable that someone new to here would ask that kind of question.
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Brilliand » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:59 pm

dolphina wrote:I was responding to Superalex11's comment. Sorry for that not being clear.

I'm sure, Brilliand, that you didn't mean for this, but since you snipped the quote that I was replying to, it makes me look like I was saying that to kiromishiro21. It's completely understandable that someone new to here would ask that kind of question.

Oh... I knew you were replying to superalex, but I didn't consider that my quoting pattern might confuse others. I've edited that quote back into my post.

dolphina wrote:I understand that you will probably ignore this statement and keep going on about the same topic, because that's what's to be expected. However, I will explain the statement.

Well, I can't very well ignore the rest after you've said something like that!

dolphina wrote:Superalex11 is implying that saying "Loli" is okay. The sexualization of children is not okay, I'm sure you understand that. That's why it fills me with anguish that ANYONE would say something like that is okay, which is basically what superalex11 was doing.

I find myself in an awkward position, because on the one hand, I sympathize with superalex - I don't have much of an emotional reaction to most of the bad words that are forbidden around here, and it kind of annoys me that anyone else does. On the other hand, you're right that sexualizing things that look like children puts children at risk, and I wouldn't want get too close to arguing with someone who's right.

Well, if I don't like seeing someone I relate to getting called "sick and twisted", I'd better point out his mistakes in my own way.

Superalex11 wrote:You people need to get over yourselves. Words can't hurt you, and words on an internet forum can't magically hurt kids either.

Words do inform behavior. A habit of behaving in certain ways on an internet forum is pretty certain to translate into real action for someone, somewhere down the line.

I'm sure you understand that on some level, because there would be no point in objecting to people getting mad about bad words if the "getting mad about bad words" didn't translate into real action at some point.

You stopped by here to tell everyone who's feeling strong emotions about this that they shouldn't be feeling strong emotions about this. Can you provide support for that view? Because I can't, and I'm pretty sure "I don't feel any strong emotions about this" isn't sufficient support for "and you shouldn't either".
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Superalex11 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:44 pm

dolphina wrote:Superalex11 is implying that saying "Loli" is okay. The sexualization of children is not okay, I'm sure you understand that. That's why it fills me with anguish that ANYONE would say something like that is okay, which is basically what superalex11 was doing.

Yes, saying "loli" is okay. Similarly, saying "dead baby" is okay. The individual word/phrase itself should not be impermissible. When someone says "dead baby" they do not mean they like dead babies, they do not mean they want babies to be dead, they do not mean babies should be dead, etc. Similarly, when someone says "loli" they do not mean they like sexualizing children, they do not mean they want children to be sexualized, and they do not mean children should be sexualized.
Nobody here, or really anywhere, is in favor of the sexualization of children. Nobody here is arguing that the sexualization of children should be allowed. And as the word "loli" cannot itself do such, there should be no problem with the word itself. To be clear, there is already unanimous support for the banning of any word, phrase, statement, etc. which, within the context it's said, constitutes the sexualization of children. For example, the IGN "lolifucker" is obviously going to get a trial guilty and nobody is going to be against it.
(*Also, just so you know, all IGN reports I've found for "dead babies" and similar from 2019-present are inno'd)

Brilliand wrote:A habit of behaving in certain ways on an internet forum is pretty certain to translate into real action for someone, somewhere down the line.

Right. And if any individual does make a habit of speaking or acting in ways which reflect a concerted effort to sexualize children, they should not be playing this game. Again, the point here is that a word cannot itself constitute such a problem.

Brilliand wrote:You stopped by here to tell everyone who's feeling strong emotions about this that they shouldn't be feeling strong emotions about this. Can you provide support for that view? Because I can't, and I'm pretty sure "I don't feel any strong emotions about this" isn't sufficient support for "and you shouldn't either".

We can start by understanding that emotional thinking in place of rational thinking is a poor way to live life generally, and will tend to lead to worse results in most all areas of decision-making. And following from that we can recognize that, as I've stated above, a single word cannot convey significant enough meaning to warrant severe punishment for its use without context.
Soon™
Superalex11
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby dolphina » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:15 pm

Superalex11 wrote:

Yes, saying "loli" is okay. Similarly, saying "dead baby" is okay. The individual word/phrase itself should not be impermissible. When someone says "dead baby" they do not mean they like dead babies, they do not mean they want babies to be dead, they do not mean babies should be dead, etc. Similarly, when someone says "loli" they do not mean they like sexualizing children, they do not mean they want children to be sexualized, and they do not mean children should be sexualized.
Nobody here, or really anywhere, is in favor of the sexualization of children. Nobody here is arguing that the sexualization of children should be allowed. And as the word "loli" cannot itself do such, there should be no problem with the word itself. To be clear, there is already unanimous support for the banning of any word, phrase, statement, etc. which, within the context it's said, constitutes the sexualization of children. For example, the IGN "lolifucker" is obviously going to get a trial guilty and nobody is going to be against it.
(*Also, just so you know, all IGN reports I've found for "dead babies" and similar from 2019-present are inno'd)

I do hope you realize that the sexualization of children is much different from talking about dead children.

Superalex11 wrote:
Brilliand wrote:A habit of behaving in certain ways on an internet forum is pretty certain to translate into real action for someone, somewhere down the line.

Right. And if any individual does make a habit of speaking or acting in ways which reflect a concerted effort to sexualize children, they should not be playing this game. Again, the point here is that a word cannot itself constitute such a problem.

it seems someone has been ignoring everything before this point

Superalex11 wrote:
Brilliand wrote:You stopped by here to tell everyone who's feeling strong emotions about this that they shouldn't be feeling strong emotions about this. Can you provide support for that view? Because I can't, and I'm pretty sure "I don't feel any strong emotions about this" isn't sufficient support for "and you shouldn't either".

We can start by understanding that emotional thinking in place of rational thinking is a poor way to live life generally, and will tend to lead to worse results in most all areas of decision-making. And following from that we can recognize that, as I've stated above, a single word cannot convey significant enough meaning to warrant severe punishment for its use without context.

Surprise motherfucker INTP in your face
I agree that emotional thinking is most of the time absolute fucking shit and therefore leads to absolute fucking shit results. However, a normal, balanced person should see whether to use emotional and rational thinking at different points in time. My (very shriveled up) emotional thinking says that THE SEXUALIZATION OF CHILDS IS BAD AND FUCK THIS GUY UP JUST FUCK HIM UP DESTROY HIS LIFE
My rational thinking says I should slowly and calmly explain why sexualizing children is bad. (And also question why I have to write that.)

The solution I have come up with: act like the word is a slur, and therefore banned.

"a single word cannot convey significant enough meaning to warrant severe punishment for its use without context."

Ever heard of the racist slur

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Descender » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:24 am

Hellosither wrote:
dolphina wrote:Surprise motherfucker INTP in your face
I agree that emotional thinking is most of the time absolute fucking shit and therefore leads to absolute fucking shit results. However, a normal, balanced person should see whether to use emotional and rational thinking at different points in time. My (very shriveled up) emotional thinking says that THE SEXUALIZATION OF CHILDS IS BAD AND FUCK THIS GUY UP JUST FUCK HIM UP DESTROY HIS LIFE
My rational thinking says I should slowly and calmly explain why sexualizing children is bad. (And also question why I have to write that.)

The solution I have come up with: act like the word is a slur, and therefore banned.

"a single word cannot convey significant enough meaning to warrant severe punishment for its use without context."

how many people do you see offended by just seeing the word "loli" when used in a way that there is obviously no malicious intent

you used the word yourself that way so clearly you must think it isn't many

guys my rights have been infringed because i cant name myself after anime child guys help
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Descender » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:07 am

Hellosither wrote:
Helicooler wrote:
Hellosither wrote:
dolphina wrote:Surprise motherfucker INTP in your face

how many people do you see offended by just seeing the word "loli" when used in a way that there is obviously no malicious intent

you used the word yourself that way so clearly you must think it isn't many

guys my rights have been infringed because i cant name myself after anime child guys help

yes because my argument definitely had everything to do with naming myself an anime child

not my point
my point is this entire argument is not worth having
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Brilliand » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:19 pm

I keep looking at that "Lolita fashion" meaning, and thinking "why are Japanese women voluntarily calling themselves 'lolita'?"

Answer: the word means "cute and sexy," both of which are compliments for women.

So now there's a way that the word is positive, in a way that is different from but not drastically different from sexualizing children.

Humans make all kinds of weird associations, and drawing a hard line frequently goes wrong.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby MacReturned » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:14 am

Spoiler:
YOU CALL THIS RESISTING ARREST? WE CALL THIS A DIFFICULTY TWEAK.

My role ideas:
Enchantress
MacReturned
Jester
Jester

Postby GhzCrlVct » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:44 am

Hey, OP!

Unlike the N Word, which if allowed by the developers would cause their office to be raided by BLM activists, there are no Loli Activists, so they have no reason to ban this word, although I doubt our discussions on the topic has any effect on their decision to bad or not ban this word to begin with.

Thanks!
GhzCrlVct
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby zerofsalemX » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:04 am

Isn't Loli already banned because it refers to lolitas?
zerofsalemX
Jester
Jester

Postby dolphina » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:28 am

Why did you necro this old thread

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby ProjectSuperBoy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:49 pm

Stunned this thread has not been locked yet.
Nicolas Cage was the greatest thing about the movie Kick-Ass, and everyone here knows it.
"It's not that....okay maybe it is that."
A tundra has less liquid water than a grove.
ProjectSuperBoy
Spy
Spy

Postby zerofsalemX » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:13 pm

dolphina wrote:Why did you necro this old thread

Look its not my fault that the off-topic discussions is basically abandoned.
zerofsalemX
Jester
Jester

Postby RiceHatMan » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:37 am

zerofsalemX wrote:Look its not my fault that the off-topic discussions is basically abandoned.

They mean don't rely to old threads. Period. No one said it was your fault.
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Postby kiromishiro21 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:58 am

Do you have any questions for me? The word loli was definitely banned after a few days of this publication. So I don't have much more to say.

The lolis are an anime character and for me it does not affect me in the least that they use that name but I can understand that there are perverts who can use that name to show in some way that they like little girls in a bad way. Anyway, if they do it to protect children it is fine because children are the most important thing. I really hate sick people who only think about the "insert the word with p"

Although I still think that if any player decides to put the name "loli" in the game. You should not be penalized if you do not refer to the word with P
Sorry if you don't understand my post well. I do not speak English.

I also understand a little to those who think that this thread should be closed. Although I consider that talking about a controversial topic is not bad if you are looking for the best solution for the community.
In this case it is better to forbid the word to protect the little ones from people with bad intentions and who are not really anime fans. I love you all :3. #KiroReturns
Spoiler: Más oscuro que el negro, más sombrío que la oscuridad, combínate con mi carmesí intenso.
Llego la hora de su despertar, desciendan hasta estas fronteras y aparezcan como una distorsión intangible, ¡Explosión!
kiromishiro21
Witch
Witch

Postby Kmenx » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:32 pm

GhzCrlVct wrote:Hey, OP!

Unlike the N Word, which if allowed by the developers would cause their office to be raided by BLM activists, there are no Loli Activists, so they have no reason to ban this word, although I doubt our discussions on the topic has any effect on their decision to bad or not ban this word to begin with.

Thanks!

Bro you have posted cringe I will have to take your living privilege
You can find me in discord at Disguiser#5127

Spoiler: My FM record:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Kmenx
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby itsmedash2 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:58 pm

This entire thread
itsmedash2
Witch
Witch

Postby dolphina » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:36 pm

Kmenx wrote:
GhzCrlVct wrote:Hey, OP!

Thanks!

Bro you have posted cringe I will have to take your living privilege

Can u take mine I wanna die after seeing that

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Chemist1422 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:33 pm

itsmedash2 wrote:This entire thread

this is the only good post in this thread
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby dolphina » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:04 am

Chemist1422 wrote:
itsmedash2 wrote:This entire thread

this is the only good post in this thread

Agreed

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Brilliand » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:28 pm

dolphina wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:this is the only good post in this thread

Agreed

Dude, you've posted in this thread before. You're definitely not thinking clearly at this point.

Also, realistically "Morshu beatboxes for 10 hours" was a shitpost, the only reason to compliment it is to obliquely insult everyone else in this thread.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby dolphina » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:34 pm

Brilliand wrote:
dolphina wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:this is the only good post in this thread

Agreed

Dude, you've posted in this thread before. You're definitely not thinking clearly at this point.

Also, realistically "Morshu beatboxes for 10 hours" was a shitpost, the only reason to compliment it is to obliquely insult everyone else in this thread.

I know what I'm doing
And I know what I said

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby kiromishiro21 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:49 pm

It was hilarious and I have to admit ("Morshu beatboxes for 10 hours")
Does anyone know what needs to be done to close this thread for good?
I think this post no longer makes sense, it also seems to bother some forum members.
It would be better to forget this and look at other more important things.
#I know that dolphina is going to be happy about this
Spoiler: Más oscuro que el negro, más sombrío que la oscuridad, combínate con mi carmesí intenso.
Llego la hora de su despertar, desciendan hasta estas fronteras y aparezcan como una distorsión intangible, ¡Explosión!
kiromishiro21
Witch
Witch

Postby dolphina » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:50 pm

Ask the mods to lock it

Lmao

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:20 pm

Imo, people need to understand what these words mean before they can understand how it's not ok. It should be banned in Town of Salem, but just saying the word doesn't make you a bad person. Instead of banning people who make their name Loli, it should be blacklisted and shouldn't even be allowed to be said or put as a name.
Last edited by DiamondRanger8 on Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussions