Anime Community (¨Loli¨)

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

Anime Community (¨Loli¨)

Postby kiromishiro21 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:23 am

Can someone tell me what the word loli means?

Do you think the word should be filtered in Tos? Why?

Do you consider Krul Tepe a loli? (Look at the link)
https://pm1.narvii.com/6820/3e72297168c91b5d902e378b59bda873c0212a69v2_hq.jpg

Please post a direct answer to the questions
Last edited by kiromishiro21 on Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spoiler: Más oscuro que el negro, más sombrío que la oscuridad, combínate con mi carmesí intenso.
Llego la hora de su despertar, desciendan hasta estas fronteras y aparezcan como una distorsión intangible, ¡Explosión!
kiromishiro21
Witch
Witch

Re: Anime Community (¨Loli¨)

Postby dolphina » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:28 am

Spoiler: fuck I'm not a weeb

...why do I have to do this again

shut up and do it, motherfucker

jeez ok

Yes anime haha I have watched many "animes" yes my favorite anims is Nar-

Spoiler: gonna fucking strangle you
well uh,,,, how'd I do
fucking bullshit
you're fired

you can't fire me
whatever, we're even now
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby dolphina » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:28 am

I'm pretty sure the word "Loli" is banned in ToS for sexual connotations

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby genericnpc » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:06 am

kiromishiro21 wrote:Can someone tell me what the word loli means?

Do you think the word should be filtered in Tos? Why?

Do you consider Krul Tepe a loli? (Look at the link)

Please post a direct answer to the questions

Spoiler: blocked
genericnpc
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Brilliand » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:34 am

kiromishiro21 wrote:Can someone tell me what the word loli means?

It's short for "lolita", a specific fictional 12-year-old girl. I have not read the book, and accounts vary on whether that girl was sexually active or not. Either way, the girl was definitely portrayed as sexually attractive.

Presumably anyone else who is called a "loli" is being called a "sexually attractive child".

kiromishiro21 wrote:Do you consider Krul Tepe a loli? (Look at the link)

This is not a safe place to discuss whether minors are sexually attractive. If you answer that question with anything but "no", you've pretty much just called yourself a pedophile, which is an emotional landmine.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Descender » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:08 am

why did you take this to the forums
trial is one thing but taking it to the forums is not the play here
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Kmenx » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:37 pm

Beibg pedophile is bad like and subscribe for more ground breaking opinions
You can find me in discord at Disguiser#5127

Spoiler: My FM record:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Kmenx
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby lemonader666 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:12 pm

What the fuck is wrong with you

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Brilliand » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:25 pm

lemonader666 wrote:What the fuck is wrong with you

Tell us what's wrong with you first. It's only fair.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby dolphina » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:50 pm

Brilliand wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:What the fuck is wrong with you

Tell us what's wrong with you first. It's only fair.

Brilli-sand I don't think we should joke about this

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Brilliand » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:23 am

dolphina wrote:Brilli-sand I don't think we should joke about this

What? Oh, you mean the OP?

I was objecting to lemonader's "What the fuck is wrong with you". That's a pretty cruel thing to say, and it's only cruel, not meaningful. For that reason, I don't consider it an appropriate thing to say in any context; if you want to criticize someone's flaws, you can actually point out their flaws instead of saying a vague cruel thing like that.

I chose to criticize that phrase by pretending that it was meant genuinely, knowing full well that it was not. I figured that would call enough attention to the unfortunate way in which he meant it, while simultaneously giving him an out in case he didn't actually mean it that way.
(It's sort of sounding like I criticized him a little too gently this time around. Well, hopefully this post has fixed that.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby dolphina » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:41 am

Brilliand wrote:

I was objecting to lemonader's "What the fuck is wrong with you". That's a pretty cruel thing to say, and it's only cruel, not meaningful. For that reason, I don't consider it an appropriate thing to say in any context; if you want to criticize someone's flaws, you can actually point out their flaws instead of saying a vague cruel thing like that.

I chose to criticize that phrase by pretending that it was meant genuinely, knowing full well that it was not. I figured that would call enough attention to the unfortunate way in which he meant it, while simultaneously giving him an out in case he didn't actually mean it that way.
(It's sort of sounding like I criticized him a little too gently this time around. Well, hopefully this post has fixed that.)

O.......kay then

A simple "no u" might suffice, but we all know that u, Brilli-sand, is a human of proper sentence structure

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby genericnpc » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:57 am

Brilliand wrote:

Spoiler: :lol: yep you've lost it too
genericnpc
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby kiromishiro21 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:42 am

I just wanted to know what the ToS players think about the word "loli".
Because in the game has been forbidden to be called loli and I consider that the word should not be prohibited.
Only Hs / s or sexual connotations should be prohibited

First: my main goal is to protect the children who play TOS
Second point: the word loli in the anime-manga community means: A woman character who has flat breasts who is very tender and innocent, although in some anime they can also be wars or someone very intelligent.

That means that any anime character that has those characteristics is loli, that is why there are 2000-year-old lolis as krull tepe because they meet those 2 requirements.
I am against the sexualization of lolis but that sometimes happens due to the macho culture in Japan.
But I repeat that it does not seem to me that some players are being banned only for using loli as a name in the game
(Considering that they also do not think that the word alone is harmful)

Also the players who put on that name ... play normally and are not toxic nor do they make bad references (Hs / s)
But I think it would be better for everyone if the word is filtered

I think this is a delicate subject and I also think that I am not being partial enough because I am giving examples of "normal" lolis but I know that there is also hentai and that anime genre is based on the morbidity towards all the characters including
Lolis - Oppais - Waifus -Tsundere - Yandere - Kuudere - Dandere - Moe - Genki girls - Maids - Meganekko - Dojikko - Bokukko - Bifauxen - Traps - Kemonomimi - Neko - Tsunshu
Spoiler: Más oscuro que el negro, más sombrío que la oscuridad, combínate con mi carmesí intenso.
Llego la hora de su despertar, desciendan hasta estas fronteras y aparezcan como una distorsión intangible, ¡Explosión!
kiromishiro21
Witch
Witch

Postby dolphina » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:36 pm

Listen here's the short way to say this

The word loli is banned for sexual connotations towards children (pedophilia). Just don't say it. There doesn't need to be any fuss, I won't report your posts yet because you didn't know.

Spoiler: If you ever say that word in your posts, I'll report them and suggest others do the same. This could potentially lead to complications with your accessibility to posting on the forums. Understand?

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Brilliand » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:04 pm

kiromishiro21 wrote:Second point: the word loli in the anime-manga community means: A woman character who has flat breasts who is very tender and innocent, although in some anime they can also be wars or someone very intelligent.

So we have a culture clash between that community and the ToS management.

I suspect that every bad word has a perfectly innocent meaning in some community or other. (This is well-known to be true for the famous N*-word.)

dolphina wrote:The word loli is banned for sexual connotations towards children (pedophilia). Just don't say it. There doesn't need to be any fuss, I won't report your posts yet because you didn't know.

If you ever say that word in your posts, I'll report them and suggest others do the same. This could potentially lead to complications with your accessibility to posting on the forums. Understand?

I don't like acting on a looming threat of being reported. In my opinion what we're doing here isn't against the rules. I've reported a post in this thread, so a moderator will definitely see it and we'll see what they think.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby dolphina » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:10 pm

Brilliand wrote:
kiromishiro21 wrote:Second point: the word loli in the anime-manga community means: A woman character who has flat breasts who is very tender and innocent, although in some anime they can also be wars or someone very intelligent.

So we have a culture clash between that community and the ToS management.

I suspect that every bad word has a perfectly innocent meaning in some community or other. (This is well-known to be true for the famous N*-word.)

dolphina wrote:The word loli is banned for sexual connotations towards children (pedophilia). Just don't say it. There doesn't need to be any fuss, I won't report your posts yet because you didn't know.

If you ever say that word in your posts, I'll report them and suggest others do the same. This could potentially lead to complications with your accessibility to posting on the forums. Understand?

I don't like acting on a looming threat of being reported. In my opinion what we're doing here isn't against the rules. I've reported a post in this thread, so a moderator will definitely see it and we'll see what they think.

Hm, okay. However, I have looked over the IGN guide and a lot of appeals (as a time killer), and I'm pretty sure the word is categorized under pedophilia and therefore worth a guilty on a Trial System Report, and not to be used.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Brilliand » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:20 pm

dolphina wrote:Hm, okay. However, I have looked over the IGN guide and a lot of appeals (as a time killer), and I'm pretty sure the word is categorized under pedophilia and therefore worth a guilty on a Trial System Report, and not to be used.

That's correct, using the word "loli" in-game is against the rules and can easily get someone banned outright.

I don't think it's against the rules on the forum, though.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby kiromishiro21 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:18 pm

dolphina wrote:If you ever say that word in your posts, I'll report them and suggest others do the same. This could potentially lead to complications with your accessibility to posting on the forums. Understand?[/b]

Suggesting that other people report me seems like harassment ... if you think I said something to make someone feel bad, you can report me freely ...
But let others think for themselves ... I only give my opinion. I love them all the same
kiromishiro21
Witch
Witch

Postby dolphina » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:25 pm

kiromishiro21 wrote:
dolphina wrote:If you ever say that word in your posts, I'll report them and suggest others do the same. This could potentially lead to complications with your accessibility to posting on the forums. Understand?

Suggesting that other people report me seems like harassment ... if you think I said something to make someone feel bad, you can report me freely ...
But let others think for themselves ... I only give my opinion. I love them all the same

(fixed the bold for u)

I don't think you understand the severity of the issue at hand. I'm much too tired of repeating the same phrase over and over again, so at least try to read the conversation, okay? And if you still fail to see the severity of the situation, I'm not going to spend precious time talking to you and repeating the same thing over and over. Quite frankly, I'm not that kind of person. You either get it or you don't. Which is it?

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby lemonader666 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:43 pm

Lock this thread

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Superalex11 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:54 pm

You people need to get over yourselves. Words can't hurt you, and words on an internet forum can't magically hurt kids either.
Soon™
Superalex11
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby dolphina » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:09 pm

Superalex11 wrote:You people need to get over yourselves. Words can't hurt you, and words on an internet forum can't magically hurt kids either.

It's fucking pedophilia I just- why? Why are you doing this? There is no benefit unless your sick, twisted mind finds this enjoyable. Heed my advice

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Brilliand » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:01 pm

dolphina wrote:
Superalex11 wrote:You people need to get over yourselves. Words can't hurt you, and words on an internet forum can't magically hurt kids either.

It's fucking pedophilia I just- why? Why are you doing this? There is no benefit unless your sick, twisted mind finds this enjoyable. Heed my advice

Why are you trying to shoot down any attempt to treat this subject neutrally?

You appear to be advocating that we treat kiromishiro21 as the worst of monsters... because he asked a question about something related to pedophilia. He doesn't deserve to be treated that way.

The mention of pedophilia is quite different from the act of pedophilia. Active pedophilia harms children. Mentioning pedophilia does not. This hateful death spiral around any mention of pedophilia? Does harm children, because it simultaneously makes it hard for children to learn what pedophilia is, and punishes them for wanting to learn. (It also harms adults in exactly the same way, though I'm guessing that isn't as interesting.)

kiromishiro21 isn't a pedophile, he's someone who asked a question about something he didn't understand.
Last edited by Brilliand on Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby kiromishiro21 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:47 am

dolphina wrote:

Hey Take care of your words, I respect everyone equally so you should respect me too .... I just wanted to understand the opinion of others and I wanted to give my opinion too. I understand more or less your anger but it does not seem like the way ... A forum is to debate it is not to shut up or to incite violence because it seems that you want everyone to disown me ...
And I only seek the best for the game and the different communities.

So my final conclusion is that the word must be filtered to avoid unfair sanctions.

I just hope they keep giving innocent to these words:
Tsundere - Yandere - Kuudere - Dandere - Moe - Genki girls - Maids - Meganekko - Dojikko - Bokukko - Bifauxen - Oppais - Waifus -Tsundere -Traps - Kemonomimi - Neko - Tsunshu ...
Because they are types anime characters and if someone puts one of those words as a name in Town of Salem ... I consider that it does not harm anyone
kiromishiro21
Witch
Witch

Next

Return to Off-Topic Discussions