VLDR: Convention of the Minds - WORST ENDING

Virtue's Last Dangan Ronpa

Re: VLDR: Convention of the Minds

Postby Arckas » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:59 pm

Action or inaction, we are all guilty either way. The worst option is to not pick a choice at all.

Pick the option that let's you breath easier at night. If a majority vote for yes, let's agree to grin and bear the responsibility. That's the American way.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Phinerxen » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:00 pm

....I'll vote nay. What we can do is considerably shaky at this point. The only real way to stop the war is for one side to win, or for all three sides to die out. If we're not in agreement of what to do, we can't truly influence their choice.
Phinerxen
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Cyantic » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:00 pm

I'm a firm nay. If we could avoid it, maybe, but this is a war. People are going to die. Let's not add to that death count by making things worse.

I think someone should go fetch the Doc, he'll probably want in on this. I'll be back in a bit.
Spoiler: Image
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Arckas » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:03 pm

Seems like a firm nay. Let's agree to settle our decisions going forward like this.

Switching to YSB. Enabling sending
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Cyantic » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:04 pm

Don't send anything. Not until I'm back with the Doctor. Either we put this to a democratic vote and overrule me, or we make the right choice. But let's not make things worse without putting it to vote first.
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Arckas » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:06 pm

Sorry Tom, you appear to be in the minority at the moment. Unless Joan and Abner wish to switch there decisions.
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby renetear » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:08 pm

I wonder how my security team is doing... if they even still are together after this mess. If only there was a way to contact them.
“Don't be scared, it's just a friendly game, right?"
renetear

Postby Phinerxen » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:09 pm

I'm not budging. Contacting is our best option at this point.
Phinerxen
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Phinerxen » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:09 pm

I would like to wait for the doc to come here, though, so I wouldn't mind waiting.
Phinerxen
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Cyantic » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:10 pm

We do this with a proper vote, Mark. Don't be stupid - we're not tossing gasoline on a ruined town without being damn sure about it. If we fuck this up... we just kill a bunch of people. And for what.
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Knockoff » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:10 pm

(well roaming ended so rip)

I’m not opposed to contacting YPR. I don’t think we’ll be bombed out of the ground just for saying hello.

But it impacts everyone here. There are plenty who haven’t commented about this issue.
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Cyantic » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:12 pm

We won't - Yellowstone sounds like it's minutes away from a pogrom. The issue is, we're essentially dropping a goddamn bombshell on them and they can't do anything about it.

'Hey, we know you're in the middle of having your entire lives destroyed in anarchy but... turns out there's a secret base with motivations that no one knows about. And they have a fucking ton of resources too! They're pretty much right next to you. Please help?'

What will a town half destroyed by looting do for us? And what happens when we crank that dial of panic up to 11?
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Arckas » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:18 pm

Yes, let's wait for more people to come. The more people the better.

I'm unsure why you are worried about a bomb, my friend. Dropping a bomb next to an active supermassive volcano seems... unwise for all parties. I don't know what it might do, but I still think it might serve us well to try.

In the words of our most oppressive host, "If you alone sit back that just makes it more likely a radical gets the opportunity to seize control of the country.". I prefer to do something rather then nothing.
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Cyantic » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:22 pm

This is the military - people do stupid shit all the time when their backs are against the wall. Think of it as a general - you eliminate rogue elements, keep the board clean. Focus, eliminate, and remove. That's the issue - they'd rather glass us from orbit then try to think rationally. And admittedly, from their perspective, it's pretty rational! We introduce an unknown and dangerous element, something that could upset the entire area out of their control. A completely rogue and foreign element.

What's the best thing to do to eliminate it, especially since a lot of the staff of that organisation is located here? How do you reduce complexity and focus on maximising your odds of victory in a civil war?
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Knockoff » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:27 pm

I’m not worried about consequences from contacting the public radios. It’s true they may not be able to help us much, admittedly. I’d still like to learn more about what kind of situation we’ll be exposed to after leaving.

I’m against contacting any of the military groups. I’d like to think what Tom is saying is wrong and I certainly don’t believe it’s the most likely possibility. Still, they’re all focused on fighting their own battles even as we speak. We all heard what was happening with CLNAWS and WSMR. I’d be surprised if they could do anything for us.
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Phinerxen » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:31 pm

Yeah I doubt that at this moment, they'll even bother with us, but then again, that's also a positive. Let's take what Tom is saying at face value, what if, for some illogical reason, they do end up wanting to bomb us and wipe us off the map, even though no sane general would ever think of doing that? Simple; they can't because they don't have the necessary manpower to focus on us then. And by that point, we'll end up having escaped from here if we are doing the Fish and Chips Collaboration.
Phinerxen
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Cyantic » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:33 pm

The reason they want to bomb this is not for us, but because there's a secret organisation. Seriously. Do you think these people are some small fry? They built a giant bunker in a national park. These people are rich as fuck - and thus, very dangerous. Especially with their claims of being not aligned.
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Phinerxen » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:37 pm

Then... they won't bomb us either? They can't confirm the actual organization is here, only claims that it exists, and they'll be putting innocent lives in danger.
Phinerxen
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Cyantic » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:40 pm

And why would they assume that? We have access to protected communications, for one. If that's not a hell of a tip off, I don't know what is. Secondly, they're in a civil war, they're not completely blind. You're acting like they can't put two and two together - if this org is to believed, they're fully global. China, Italy... those aren't places down the road. The feds have to know about them - and if they do, they'll have a serious guess to how much of a risk they pose.

And well, look around you. It seems pretty significant. The one card that they don't have (most likely) is location. We give that up, they put together the pieces, game over. The US is sitting on a shit ton of military ordinance anyway - we did the same thing in the Middle East with less evidence.
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby renetear » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:55 pm

Considering the serial escalation they probably don't have much ordnance readily available, whether due to losing it to rebels, using it in other conflicts, or simple lack of manpower as already stated. Of course, I still don't think the military should be contacted just by simple matter of they're scum that will likely try to imprison us for simply being here should we give the location away.
renetear

Postby Cyantic » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:59 pm

Now that's paranoia. They have better things to do than jail us in a civil war. But I guarantee you, they have the bombs for it. The issue is more manpower - and well. Let's face it. We drop this info on them, they'll find the manpower.
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby renetear » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:02 pm

Prisoners of war are a thing, I'm sure they could easily consider us them.
renetear

Postby Cyantic » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:03 pm

Why bother?
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby renetear » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:04 pm

Less risk than letting us go.
renetear

Postby leeten » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:06 pm

It sucks all around.

I think that we're better off not contacting, but we are a democracy.
leeten
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

PreviousNext

Return to VLDR