Zero Escape: VLDR Hub

Virtue's Last Dangan Ronpa

Re: Zero Escape: VLDR Hub

Postby Nellyfox » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:43 am

I forgot to mention: joining is via PM. Include VLDR in the title. Don't post on my thread or you start with 0 FP
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Arckas » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:29 am

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Arckas » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:45 pm

Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Arcthurus » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:41 pm

In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?
Is it like the hand of God hovering above?

At least it is true that man has no control; even over his own will.
Providence may guide a man to meet one specific person, even if such guidance eventually leads him to darkness.

Man simply cannot forsake the beauty of his own chosen path.
When will man learn a way to control his soul?

VLDR - U. P. O.

Schultz | Arcthurus

• Time and Date: August 4th, at 4 PM EST.
  • Signing Up: Done by PMs to both Schultz and Arcthurus.
  • Amount of Players: This will be a 12 player game.
  • Game Longevity: This game has the potential to last longer than usual -- You have been warned.
  • Stat System: We will be using a new stat system shown below.
    Spoiler:
    Code: Select all
    Vitality: The combination of CON and WIL -- your physical and mental resilience.
    Endurance: Your energy / stamina, the ability of enduring continuous tasks for long.
    Strength: Your physical strength, the power of your brawn.
    Agility: How well you sprint, dodge, any action that requires a nimble body.
    Skill: Used for any action that requires precision, such as shooting, aiming for something.
    Cunning: Rolled for actions that involve stealth, detection, and advanced perception tactics.

Spoiler: Image

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:00 pm

JJBA: Jirtue's Jast Bangan Aonpa

This is a game meant to be taken semi-seriously based off the series, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. You can take it seriously, or be a true JoBro and meme it to heaven and back, just like a certain priest. Either way, do whatever you want this game. I'm going to lay out how roles will work below.

Roles will have two portions, your USER section and your STAND section. Your user section will contain your stats(the normal STR/DEX/CON/PER/WIL/ACC) and an attribute that is passive. You can be a good mechanic, or just a whole horse if you want to be. This has to be strictly realistic(I'll give some leeway, so if you have a borderline thing ask me), or it will be flat out denied. This means no stupid abilities like resurrection after death, or turning your body to stone. That's what STANDS are for.

Stands are obviously the other part of your rolecard. These will use the stats detailed in their respective series, but can be emulated if we don't include learning potential and substitute willpower for range, the distance your stand can go. If you're not familiar with how these stats work, here two pretty good sources on it, and should allow you to get a grasp on it. Their abilities will not be graded with numbers, but rather, A-E as the second source describes. Secondly, the reason I'm posting this very early ahead of time is because the Stands will be based off of who joins the game, ie made to you or a fictional character. Alternatively, if you have a favorite western song(like rock or whatever, basically nothing eastern) I'll also accept that.

This game will be a more modern VLDR, with optional puzzles. There is no ETA on date given the part about roles above, but it will be held at latest Mid-October definitely, maybe extending that to early November depending how hard college wants to dick me.

THat's all I have to say. Peace and if you want to join, let me know sooner than later so I can put some thoughts into stands. Peace.

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9
FM Awards: Town

Postby LordofFail » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:35 am

United, we STAND.

Divided, we F
A
L
L

These Dividing Lines

A VLDR Game Trilogy:

VLDR - Calm Before the Storm
VLDR - A Game of Two Halves
VLDR - End of The Line

All 3 of these games will be interconnected and will have a running story throughout them all.
However, each individual game can be enjoyed on its own as a VLDR game.

Signups for the first game of the series, VLDR - Calm Before the Storm will be given a date Soon™, depending on other people who want to host their games after the current game ends, as well as my own personal schedule.

The games will not be back to back to back, as each game is a full VLDR game on its own and taking up 3 consecutive hosting spots isn't something I want to do (both because it's not nice to other hosts and because I'm going to want a break between hosting games).

Some general notes for all 3 games:

Lore: The lore in these games is pretty deep. If you do not care about the lore, you can still play the games, although you probably won't enjoy it as much. I may give some pre-ins for all 3 games for players who wish to play primarily for the lore over playing for the game itself, depending on interest.

Signup Procedures: Signups will be done using my VLDR Bot. Players will have a certain amount of time (probably 12 or 24 hours) to sign up. First come first serve for game slots. The number of players may vary from one game to the next. Player lists may or may not be provided.

Lies and Deception: Due to the nature of the game and the plot, I as the game host will likely have to lie to the players here and there. I will never lie to you in your role card, and the games are explicitly non-bastard in mechanics and gameplay.

Puzzles: They exist, but will almost all be optional. You'll get good rewards for solving them. Sometimes puzzles must be solved to access restricted areas of the map, or to complete an escape. Any mandatory puzzles, should there be any, will not be difficult. Some of the optional puzzles, however, may be difficult. The more difficult I deem a puzzle to be, the greater the reward that will be given for completing it.

Characters: You will be free to create your own character names and descriptions as you see fit. Roleplaying will be encouraged but not enforced. Some backstory may be given in role cards, but any backstory given will be minimal. Zero may or may not be rollable. If someone rolls Zero, any references to such will be redacted from their role card at the conclusion of the game, and they will be prohibited from revealing as such until the series has concluded. Asking another player about if they are Zero is discouraged.

Hosting Schedule: Between 5PM and 10PM EST, Mondays through Thursdays. Weekend schedules may vary, but I'll try to be around as much as I can. If you are not available between 5PM and 10PM on a regular basis, you probably shouldn't join these games. Because of these timing restrictions, the games may be longer than standard VLDR games.

Beep Boop Robots: The games will be using my VLDR bot on a private discord server. All players who wish to play must join that server. A link will be posted when a signup date for the first game, Calm Before the Storm, is announced. The main purpose of the robot is to keep track of submitted actions so you don't need to resubmit them after I take a break from roaming, and so I don't miss actions.

Stats:
Strength [STR]: Determines the power of your punches and how much you can lift.
Stealth [STL]: How sneaky you are and how capable you are at passing by unnoticed, stealing or planting items.
Constitution [CON]: How big of a build you have and how many hits you can take before you go down.
Willpower [WIL]: Affects how likely you are to die or only be unconscious when a fatal blow is dealt.
Accuracy [ACC]: How accurate you are. Is a strong factor in trying to stab or shoot other players.
Luck [LUC]: How lucky you are. A higher Luck stat means things of chance are more likely to go in your favour.

Note that some games may not use all of these stats, but no game will use a stat outside of these 6.
"The Hardest Game to Win is a Won Game"

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Arcthurus » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:44 pm

Hey. I don't really know what this is about, but there's apparently something going on around Reddit. Seems Arch System Works, same company that made that fighting game, FireAzure, is apparently working on something new.

There's only teasers about it, so I'm not sure what it is exactly. But by what I can guess, it's something about a game of trust. Also, virtual reality too? That's pretty exciting, honestly! Imagine fighting as Ragnaros the Crimsonblade versus Jean Qixaragi... man. But that's probably not what the game is about. I hope there's still some fighting available though!

Here's the screenshots from reddit. The official site is down, probably too many people checking it out for updates.

I wonder when we will get more updates...?

Anyway, that's all for now. Later skaters!

--L1d14_l0v35_t1g3r5

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby LordofFail » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:37 pm

The discord server with the bot to join if you want to join my games is here: linkety link

I'll be doing some occasional testing between now and signups for the first game of my series of 3, but not too much (you can always mute the server if the messages bother you).

Signups will be in about 2 weeks btw. I'm thinking September 10, but it's tentative for now.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:49 am

ATTENTION CITIZEN

You have been randomly selected to be a Jurist in an airborne international tribunal.

Please present yourself to your nearest airport no earlier than September 10th at 8:00 PM EST.

When you arrive, you must announce your presence by posting !join to LOFBOT in the Game Discord Server.

You will be given free transfer to your tribunal aircraft, which will depart once all Jurists have arrived.

Case details will be provided by the Foreman once the tribunal has begun.

REMEMBER THAT IT IS YOUR DUTY TO BE FAIR AND JUST IN YOUR VOTE

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:43 pm

ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:

This is a game meant to be taken semi-seriously based off the series, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. You can take it seriously, or be a true JoBro and meme it to heaven and back, just like a certain priest. Either way, do whatever you want this game. I'm going to lay out how roles will work below.

Roles will have two portions, your USER section and your STAND section. Your user section will contain your stats(the normal STR/DEX/CON/PER/WIL/ACC) and an attribute that is passive. You can be a good mechanic, or just a whole horse if you want to be. This has to be strictly realistic(I'll give some leeway, so if you have a borderline thing ask me), or it will be flat out denied. This means no stupid abilities like resurrection after death, or turning your body to stone. That's what STANDS are for.

Stands are obviously the other part of your rolecard. These will use the stats detailed in their respective series, but can be emulated if we don't include learning potential and substitute willpower for range, the distance your stand can go. If you're not familiar with how these stats work, here two pretty good sources on it, and should allow you to get a grasp on it. Their abilities will not be graded with numbers, but rather, A-E as the second source describes. Secondly, the reason I'm posting this very early ahead of time is because the Stands will be based off of who joins the game, ie made to you or a fictional character. Alternatively, if you have a favorite western song(like rock or whatever, basically nothing eastern) I'll also accept that.

This game will be a more modern VLDR, with optional puzzles. There is no ETA on date given the part about roles above, but it will be held at latest Mid-October definitely, maybe extending that to early November depending how hard college wants to dick me.

THat's all I have to say. Peace and if you want to join, let me know sooner than later so I can put some thoughts into stands. Peace.

In case it wasn't obvious already, don't expect this game to be starting at the approximate ETA. Consider it in limbo currently.

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby Nellyfox » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:38 pm

hi :3c

it's been a long time since Aeo's first VLDR survey so i made another one for yall. pls answer it if you have time <3 it's about core game mechanics and also some time availability questions

here's the link to it! there is no deadline but i'll put all the information together after some time like Aeo did with his
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:52 pm

Signups might be delayed a bit based on when the current ongoing game ends.

Also a reminder to join the Game Discord Server if you want to play in the game.

I'll need to make a role and text channel for you before you can join so don't join 5 minutes before signups or you might not be able to join since joining is done through the bot.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:31 pm

Signups are happening in 20 hours and 30 minutes, as planned.

Remember to join the game discord server if you want to join.

Joins by PM or DM will not be accepted.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby Hawkwing425 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:36 pm

I may join a game of this one of these days when a new one starts and I have time. How does that work?
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:42 pm

Hawkwing425 wrote:I may join a game of this one of these days when a new one starts and I have time. How does that work?

we post announcement announcing when game is, sometimes join via PM or ITT itself when it is put up.
Read both posts fully or be a cheeseball like me and ctrl+f "join" or "sign" to see if the host has the preference/little catches to make sure you read the rules
do what they ask
u join

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby Arckas » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:53 am

Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Nellyfox » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:58 pm

Nellyfox wrote:hi :3c

it's been a long time since Aeo's first VLDR survey so i made another one for yall. pls answer it if you have time <3 it's about core game mechanics and also some time availability questions

here's the link to it! there is no deadline but i'll put all the information together after some time like Aeo did with his

last call, will be going through all the submissions tomorrow <3

yes i am aware that you can submit multiple things and i'm not fixing it now so if you do want to be a jerk i wont stop you i guess
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:27 pm

ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:
ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:

In case it wasn't obvious already, don't expect this game to be starting at the approximate ETA. Consider it in limbo currently.

Gonna go ahead and just cancel this until I say otherwise. I've got no personal computer and don't know when I will get one, my phone decided to go and stop working meaning I'd only be able to host 8 hours a day in a time I have to do my HW. Not happening.

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby Nellyfox » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:14 am

Spoiler: 14 total votes

85.7% - 12 players
    15.3% - 9 players
64.3% - Mild/Moderate story
    35.7% - Substantial story
    0% - No story
57.1% - Making characters to play
    28.6% - No preference
    14.3% - Given characters to play
64.3% - Standardized puzzles
    50% - Unique puzzles
    50% - Optional puzzles
    7.1% -No puzzles
50% - Puzzle DM groups depending on amount of story in a game
    35.7% - Pro Puzzle DM groups
    14.3% - Anti Puzzle DM groups
57.1% - Puzzle rewards unique to rooms
    35.7% - Known puzzle reward pool
    35.7% - Same puzzle reward pool per room
    21.4% - Lootbox puzzle rewards
50% - 3-4 starting rooms
50% - 5+ starting rooms

50% - Decided AB groups
50% - Randomized AB opponents

100% - Metrion is a nerd

Active times appear to mostly be starting from late afternoon/early evenings EST, for playing and signups.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Arcthurus » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:17 am

i forgot to vote oops

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Arckas » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:15 pm

For people unaware, the create of the Zero Escape series teamed up with the people who make Dangan Ronpa and created AI: The Somnium Files. If you like either series, consider checking it out.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/9487 ... ium_Files/
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Arcthurus » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:00 am

You open your email inbox. There's a new message. Even though you know what this is about, you don't know her personally, so the informal speech and that she sent it from her personal email rather than the company's is, well, something.

You open the message.

Subject: Nosedive
Sender: Lydia Holystone <lydialovestiger@archmail.com>
Date: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:00 pm

Hey, don't forget our plans for next week! Just making sure you didn't forget! LOL jkjk x3
I'm SOOOOOOO happy you agreed to this. You're the best! Really! I promise you it will be fun. And thanks for not telling anyone else about it, we're REALLY trying to keep this in the down low.

So just to recap, you're gonna have to be there next thursday, the 3rd, at 2PM EST sharp. Once you're there, shoot me up a message with the subject "Nosedive" to let me know. You can write whatever you want on the message text. Send me cute pictures! Like tigers! Baby tigers! I love Tigers. :)

Anyway once you send me that message I'll have someone sign you up into the project. Exactly 24 hours after that, that is friday the 4th, at 2PM EST sharp, you HAVE to be there in the meeting area. There's gonna be other people with you there, and I'm gonna bring you all to the playtest room so the 9 of you can have some fun!

GOD I'm so excited. I hope you are too. Later alligator!

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby LordofFail » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:19 pm

(login issues finally fixed hooray)

ok so as it stands the second of the TDL series, A Game of Two Halves, will be having signups in roughly 2 weeks depending on when the current game ends.

TNO has priority on the hosting slot though, so the final choice is his on the game order.

Anyway, this post is to give some game details since this game is a tad wonky:

1 - There is no known player list. You do now know who is in the game, or even how many people are in the game in total. Stating that you are in the game is a modkillable (or force-replaceable) offence.
2 - Zero's presence in this game is very minimal, so it is not rollable. If someone rolled Zero in Calm Before the Storm, they will be given a non-Zero role in this game.
3 - This game is not friendly to new players. If you have never played VLDR before, consider having your first experience in a different game, as you will likely be very confused by this one (that being said, if you are new and want to join, I won't stop you and I will try to help you along the way, but the game is designed for all players to know already how to play a normal VLDR).
4 - The puzzles in this game are not difficult and are all fairly straightforward once you have all the information required to solve it. Don't overthink the puzzles. They are as simple as they appear.
5 - You are free to choose your own backstory and character names. You will be given a single character trait that you must incorporate into your character in some manner.
6 - This game will take place entirely in Private Messages. The Game Thread will be used only for announcements. If 5 people are already in a room, you will be unable to enter.
7 - I’m going to be a lot less hesitant in killing people. In pretty much all my past games some players have lived longer than they should have but not this time. This game could end in a matter of hours and I’d be okay with it. Or it could take a few weeks. But I won’t be keeping people alive longer than the dice dictate. Life is ... simply unfair, don’t you think?

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:19 pm

ATTENTION CITIZEN

You have been randomly selected to be a night guard at the power plant awarded to us in the trial 5 years ago.

Please present yourself to your nearest public security station no earlier than October 22nd at 8:00 PM EST.

When you arrive, you must announce your presence by posting !join to LOFBOT in the Game Discord Server.

You will be given free transfer to the power plant, where you will be assigned a guard station at random.

You will be paid standard wages for your services.

IGNORING THIS MESSAGE IS AN ACT OF TREASON AND IS PUNISHABLE BY PUBLIC EXECUTION

Note: Signups is when you get your role and character trait.
Game itself will start on the 25th, or when all players submit characters.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby MetrionIsANerd » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:42 pm

Yeet
MetrionIsANerd

PreviousNext

Return to VLDR