Possible data breach

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Re: Possible data breach

Postby YFYDB » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:48 pm

Naru2008 wrote:
YFYDB wrote:Ooff, it's a good news.

But... Well then, i am a paranoic. Okey, they have exact info about my account inside the game. Activity info if i remember the name well. So, is it possible, that if a player played several hundreds of games, they might analize the data against hacked player and use the info from analyse to blackmail?

Well, it makes sense. You might have revealed some mental diseases while playing, but no one cared, and now hackers put it all together, and blackmail you by your e-mail (spam emails).

I doubt that the amount of games you have, TP, MP, etc would be of any value to anyone.

... How is this community supposed not to be toxic with those mods? I asked seriously.
Okey, let's be reconclied with the fact that moderators will never be a fine people.

Okey, so... What can actually the hackers do with those data? I don't understand that.

Okey, to be honest, i rarely check my e-mail, but when i do that i check both normal, and spam, and the basket. But i understand, you have so many mails, you have no time to check them all in just one checking, but as i said, you should have expected that attack. Why?

Emm... Ages ago you said, that you had to make game not rely on Flash (or something like that) before 2020, and now we have 2019. You have hardly any time. Therefore i think the evil-spamming-bots' team is just trying to slow you down, because, as i had read, if you don't stop relying on Flash, the game will crush. So i blame you and of course i blame those hackers, but they are probably mentally ill, so i can't make them understand, what they have done.
My avatar is a random picture found in the internet.
YFYDB
Witch
Witch

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:52 pm

YFYDB wrote:
Naru2008 wrote:
YFYDB wrote:Ooff, it's a good news.

But... Well then, i am a paranoic. Okey, they have exact info about my account inside the game. Activity info if i remember the name well. So, is it possible, that if a player played several hundreds of games, they might analize the data against hacked player and use the info from analyse to blackmail?

Well, it makes sense. You might have revealed some mental diseases while playing, but no one cared, and now hackers put it all together, and blackmail you by your e-mail (spam emails).

I doubt that the amount of games you have, TP, MP, etc would be of any value to anyone.

... How is this community supposed not to be toxic with those mods? I asked seriously.
Okey, let's be reconclied with the fact that moderators will never be a fine people.

Okey, so... What can actually the hackers do with those data? I don't understand that.

Okey, to be honest, i rarely check my e-mail, but when i do that i check both normal, and spam, and the basket. But i understand, you have so many mails, you have no time to check them all in just one checking, but as i said, you should have expected that attack. Why?

Emm... Ages ago you said, that you had to make game not rely on Flash (or something like that) before 2020, and now we have 2019. You have hardly any time. Therefore i think the evil-spamming-bots' team is just trying to slow you down, because, as i had read, if you don't stop relying on Flash, the game will crush. So i blame you and of course i blame those hackers, but they are probably mentally ill, so i can't make them understand, what they have done.

It was a legitimate statement, how was I being toxic by explaining that the account information as far as game-concerns go would likely not be of any value to them.
Moderators can be a fine people, and I am. If you're taking something the way it isn't intended, that's on you, not me. I was being 100% genuine, but if you're taking it as me being sarcastic or otherwise rude (I don't see how), then that's an issue with you, not me.

Unity is going to be before the end of 2019. I believe the statement was the first quarter of this year? (A dev can correct me if I am wrong.) Flash will 'be dead' 2020. and as for what Hackers do with the data they get; they usually just sell it for money. It's only a monetary gain for them, and they (usually) have no interest with such information themselves.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby YFYDB » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:56 pm

Why didn;t you answer only a part of my message :( The rest is way more important.
Maybe you were not rude, but after 31st December i would rather stay strict to moderators, i don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings, but as i say - distance and suspicious.
YFYDB
Witch
Witch

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:57 pm

YFYDB wrote:Why didn;t you answer only a part of my message :( The rest is way more important.
Maybe you were not rude, but after 31st December i would rather stay strict to moderators, i don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings, but as i say - distance and suspicious.

I did. Wrote this on a phone. Accidentally clicked submit. Edited it. ^^

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby YFYDB » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:01 pm

You mean, admins have enough time? O.O Okey, so now i don't understand the point of hacking this game...

Okey, i need to go to sleep, 'cause the cholera named "school" forces me to, goodnight. I let you, "adults", talk about that problem, but remember TALK LIKE ADULTS, LOl
YFYDB
Witch
Witch

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:05 pm

YFYDB wrote:You mean, admins have enough time? O.O Okey, so now i don't understand the point of hacking this game...

Okey, i need to go to sleep, 'cause the cholera named "school" forces me to, goodnight. I let you, "adults", talk about that problem, but remember TALK LIKE ADULTS, LOl

People hack things to ruin people's fun. Not all hacking is bad. There are ethical hackers and non-ethical. This would be an example of unethical hacking. People can make tons of money off data, regardless how little or big, or how relevant or non. There's always someone looking to gather such information, as IPs, Emails, etc. While ethical hackers may hack a website/game to make an exploit apparent and give Devs the chance to fix it, unethical hackers are likely to exploit it to the full extent for person gain, whether the gratification of ruining people's time, fun, etc, or selling this info for money.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bodhrak » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:20 pm

Most users ever online was 9984 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:39 pm

Huh, now there's also DDoS attempts?

Some people here seriously overreact, nobody cares about your game data.
There's only three things hackers are interested in - and they typically will try to sell that information rather than using it themself:
1. Email: Mostly used for spam-/ fishing-mails. So brace yourself! Unless you're dumb and fall for one, this is mostly annoying. Obviously use a strong password for the Email!
2. Combination of Email / Username / Password: Hackers may try to use the info on other sites. Only really useful if the same combination is used in several places - which you should avoid anyway!
3. Dead account with weak password: May be used for some more botting / spamming in game. Only if our old botter friends are behind this.
You can call me Bod.
No, that's not my real name. Thanks for asking.
Bodhrak
Witch
Witch

Postby Flavorable » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:47 pm

magiconic wrote:I just wanted to let yall know I understand you guys (the team) must be under a lot of stress, and I doubt you'd ignore this on purpose. Though I hope you have looked into putting some system into place to prevent such a long delay in case it happens again. Just to make sure I understand (I've never had this happen before):
I log into TOS through the steam button. The email connected to my steam is my main e-mail, and I typically have a base I use for my passwords. Should I change my password on essentially every site?

Yes, if you re-use your password (and for your own safety, please stop doing that), it is highly advised you change every site the password is linked to.

And don't forget, when you change your ToS password, you need to click "clear password" in the Steam ToS app and fill in the new password in the prompter.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Announcements