8M | OCTOPATH | Game Over | Town Wins!

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 7 | Final Stairway

Postby Jerme » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:13 am

One scum role is between one of us (you, to be exact) and not between us (Rick).
Where do you see that I implicated that you aren't scum on day 7?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Metrion » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:24 am

You're implying there is a decision, but there isn't because there would be 2 "lynches" and there's only two candidates. What other purpose would your post have, why would you ask a question about a decision with only one choice?
Metrion
FM Awards: Creator

Postby Jerme » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:27 am

It doesn't matter anymore. Was a poorly worded question about a hypothetical dayvig shooting.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Veeena » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:57 pm

/unvote

Metrion is making more sense than Jerme atm. I'm not entirely sure if that's a good thing yet.
OSRS Accounts: Veeena
Lewd Queen (Former HCIM)
Peepo Vee (GIM)

FF14: Xa Erros (NA Sargantas)

Formerly M4xwell
Known as
Xa/M4xy/Vee

Spoiler: Image

Some fucking Vee I suppose.

Veeena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arcthurus » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:27 pm

Veeena wrote:/unvote

Metrion is making more sense than Jerme atm. I'm not entirely sure if that's a good thing yet.

I mean jerme made a stupid post right now yeah but I'm not sure what the scum intent there is. And what else do you think about Met?

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Arcthurus » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:51 pm

I'm not really seeing the purpose of a Naru<->Met switch from Jerme's scum PoV; it doesn't accomplish anything against investigatives and obviously attacking either target wasn't the plan so getting around protectives is also out of the question, that leaves only harmful actions (roleblocks, vig shots) as the gist of what the action could've been playing for, but why would you direct those away from someone who's softclaimed a PR? You'd want that to disrupt him.

Occam's razor tells me that action was Met as a scum trying to get those actions away from himself to a different target. Wether or not that also means targeting naru would've redirected to him I don't know. Repealing sounds simpler though.

The sinister presence is Rick, I think and thus unrelated. Ender was mafia, possibly controlled N1, and he said feeling a sinister presence N2. Naru was controlled N2 and said he felt the presence N4. Really if you two don't feel confident about my logic here we can lynch Rick to confirm it though.

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Jerme » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:57 pm

So you don't consider the scenario in which Ender blocked Naru, while Met should perform the factional kill and got roleblocked by Poison as possible? There wasn't a Mafia/Cult kill after all.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TurdPile » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:04 pm

No.
A: naru didn't get blocked.
B: poison blocked naru, but hit met instead.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Jerme » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:13 pm

I do believe that Naru got blocked, otherwise he would not have claimed to be roleblocked.
May I know why you think that the given scenario of mine isn't possible?

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arcthurus » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:29 pm

Jerme wrote:So you don't consider the scenario in which Ender blocked Naru, while Met should perform the factional kill and got roleblocked by Poison as possible? There wasn't a Mafia/Cult kill after all.

that's...true i guess, but why did he omit being roleblocked then?

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Jerme » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:18 am

Maybe because there was already a roleblock claim (and the sinister presence afaik), so there could be build a "story" around Narus roleblock being forwarded to him from its original target (Metrion). Since Met had towncred that time, his claim of having slept peacefully would not be doubted with the given context.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Metrion » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:41 am

Arcthurus wrote:I'm not really seeing the purpose of a Naru<->Met switch from Jerme's scum PoV; it doesn't accomplish anything against investigatives and obviously attacking either target wasn't the plan so getting around protectives is also out of the question, that leaves only harmful actions (roleblocks, vig shots) as the gist of what the action could've been playing for, but why would you direct those away from someone who's softclaimed a PR? You'd want that to disrupt him.

Occam's razor tells me that action was Met as a scum trying to get those actions away from himself to a different target. Wether or not that also means targeting naru would've redirected to him I don't know. Repealing sounds simpler though.

The sinister presence is Rick, I think and thus unrelated. Ender was mafia, possibly controlled N1, and he said feeling a sinister presence N2. Naru was controlled N2 and said he felt the presence N4. Really if you two don't feel confident about my logic here we can lynch Rick to confirm it though.

What if it is investigating like I mentioned? If you're searching for motivation from an action that isn't understood then I'm not sure how you form an accurate PoV?

If I was a scum redirecter then that means Ender was killing and no one died even though the Doc was blocked. So he had to have hit Rick but if Rick is a Witch then that means he would have died thanks to Rock's shot. So I can't be scum with that line of thinking, Arc. It also means I redirected from myself to Naru which is really weird as I'd probably be trying to either fuck with Rick's results if I wasn't aware he was Witch, or change the roleblock target in which case I'd be targeting Ender or someone like Veeena or Jerme from my scum PoV to Naru.

Jerme wrote:Maybe because there was already a roleblock claim (and the sinister presence afaik), so there could be build a "story" around Narus roleblock being forwarded to him from its original target (Metrion). Since Met had towncred that time, his claim of having slept peacefully would not be doubted with the given context.

I would have done the sacrifical play then instead of Ender if I was blocked. It makes no sense that out of Ender and I as a scum team in this scenario as he would be the deeper wolf and we both haven't claimed up to that point.
Metrion

Postby Arcthurus » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:35 am

Metrion wrote:
Arcthurus wrote:I'm not really seeing the purpose of a Naru<->Met switch from Jerme's scum PoV; it doesn't accomplish anything against investigatives and obviously attacking either target wasn't the plan so getting around protectives is also out of the question, that leaves only harmful actions (roleblocks, vig shots) as the gist of what the action could've been playing for, but why would you direct those away from someone who's softclaimed a PR? You'd want that to disrupt him.

What if it is investigating like I mentioned? If you're searching for motivation from an action that isn't understood then I'm not sure how you form an accurate PoV?

If I was a scum redirecter then that means Ender was killing and no one died even though the Doc was blocked. So he had to have hit Rick but if Rick is a Witch then that means he would have died thanks to Rock's shot. So I can't be scum with that line of thinking, Arc. It also means I redirected from myself to Naru which is really weird as I'd probably be trying to either fuck with Rick's results if I wasn't aware he was Witch, or change the roleblock target in which case I'd be targeting Ender or someone like Veeena or Jerme from my scum PoV to Naru.

Jerme wrote:Maybe because there was already a roleblock claim (and the sinister presence afaik), so there could be build a "story" around Narus roleblock being forwarded to him from its original target (Metrion). Since Met had towncred that time, his claim of having slept peacefully would not be doubted with the given context.

I would have done the sacrifical play then instead of Ender if I was blocked. It makes no sense that out of Ender and I as a scum team in this scenario as he would be the deeper wolf and we both haven't claimed up to that point.

I can't see it being both an investigative and a redirector though, that's two roles in one basically.

Rick might have full immunity honestly and I don't actually doubt him about his buffer thing whatever it is, which is why maybe we can actually clear that up by lynching him first.

And when I say you as scum redirector I actually mean a reverse lightning rod. Meaning you'd repel away from you, not like a transporter who can choose any two targets.

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Arcthurus » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:43 am

Why do you think there was no kill in both N3 and N4, Met?
Ender obviously could've been roleblocking both nights but he didn't apparently.

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Arcthurus » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:53 am

Arcthurus wrote:Why do you think there was no kill in both N3 and N4, Met?
Ender obviously could've been roleblocking both nights but he didn't apparently.

Question goes to everyone actually

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Jerme » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:27 am

I believe Ender hit Rick N3 and Met got as killer roleblocked N4.
If somebody got healed, they would have likely said it, so that is out of the question.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Veeena » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:59 am

/vote Rickdaily12

Arc, what is the actual possibility that Met/Jerme is actually citizen vs witch, and Rick is red claiming witch to stay alive, knowing we would rather want to take out red before witch.
OSRS Accounts: Veeena
Lewd Queen (Former HCIM)
Peepo Vee (GIM)

FF14: Xa Erros (NA Sargantas)

Formerly M4xwell
Known as
Xa/M4xy/Vee

Some fucking Vee I suppose.

Veeena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jerme » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:07 pm

Rick got shot by Rock and survived it.
I think the chances are pretty slim that a non MH is nightimmune.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Metrion » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:40 pm

Arcthurus wrote:
Metrion wrote:

I can't see it being both an investigative and a redirector though, that's two roles in one basically.

Rick might have full immunity honestly and I don't actually doubt him about his buffer thing whatever it is, which is why maybe we can actually clear that up by lynching him first.

And when I say you as scum redirector I actually mean a reverse lightning rod. Meaning you'd repel away from you, not like a transporter who can choose any two targets.

Literally changed Hustler is both Investigative and Disruption/Utility. Even prior to that Blackmailer had two abilities, Agent also has two abilities. If you think the presence is from Rick then that means he has two abilities. I'm not sure what is outlandish about that?

Reverse lightning rod would be 100% RNG and no mod would ever put that into a game, dude. That is outlandish.

I'm fine with lynching Rick if we want to clear these things up.

Arcthurus wrote:
Arcthurus wrote:Why do you think there was no kill in both N3 and N4, Met?

Question goes to everyone actually

Night 3 was cross kill on the Innocent child I was skeptical at first about this but it makes the most sense. Night 4 was either they hit the Witch (which I think is unlikely because Rick would have to have perma-immunity) or they might have tried to do some big play considering there was no kill the previous night and not killing wouldn't have affected their win window.
Metrion

Postby Metrion » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:41 pm

Veeena wrote:/vote Rickdaily12

Arc, what is the actual possibility that Met/Jerme is actually citizen vs witch, and Rick is red claiming witch to stay alive, knowing we would rather want to take out red before witch.

Rick would have to be pretty godly and he'd be a mafia doc or something crazy. I'd like to lynch him today to get more information flipped.
Metrion

Postby Rickdaily12 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:07 pm

Yeah, um, nuts with that plan, honestly.

Look, guys, I'm just going to say this. Trust me, lynching me will not tell you anything you don't already know. It's not going to narrow anything down any further.

You already seem to know too much to try concealing anything anymore and you're not going to find my night actions by lynching me and we've already established that last wills can't be helpful. Especially from scum.

Look. This game ultimately boils down to one more Mafia lynch. That's it. If you think you know who it is, let your vote fly, but there's no reason to make me lose just to lose it all anyway if you don't know who it is. If you get it right, you win anyway, and if you get it wrong at least that way you're not assholes to one specific person.

This game was hell enough for me, and again, it's not like you would learn anything you don't already know when things are this solved.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town

Postby Rickdaily12 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:18 pm

Actually, I do have two points I wouldn't mind adding.

First of all, I will confirm that my sinister presence is disruptive, and I won't confirm to what extent.

However.

Turd was an extremely obvious vigilante because Nelly was extremely obvious Town. The fact that he came out and immediately assumed Town shot her for being scummy was only something he would do if he was the vig. Literally no other candidate existed.

Naru was also so obviously the Town Protective that it hurt. The number of citizen claims did not help him hide from that, either.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12

Postby TurdPile » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:01 pm

Rickdaily12 wrote:First of all, I will confirm that my sinister presence is disruptive, and I won't confirm to what extent.

Rick, it's the extent that we need to know in order to extrapolate cause and effect in what actually happened that night. Lynching you will have no bearing on you as a person, or your gameplay, but solely in order to cross off possibilities on the chalkboard. We could still mislynch sure, but your lynch will narrow down options hopefully.

Honestly, it doesn't bother me any who we lynch, because either way I'm dead tonight unless Mafia is sniped. :Shrug:
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Arcthurus » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:07 pm

Whats outlandish of reverse lightning rod? It's literally just an Iron Tager that works the other way around.

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Metrion » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Arcthurus wrote:Whats outlandish of reverse lightning rod? It's literally just an Iron Tager that works the other way around.

Metrion wrote:100% RNG 

Cmonbruh.

Rick, you can't say lynching you wont tell us anything then literally in your next post say the you wont tell us how your mechanics work. That's doublethink if you expect us to believe that.
Metrion

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads