8M | OCTOPATH | Game Over | Town Wins!

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: 8M | OCTOPATH | Day 3 | Victor's Hollow

Postby NheroArconix » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:10 am

While it's on my mind and since I just made a giant dump post going after a scumread, here's just general reads on everyone:
Spoiler: enderitem - Slight Town-Town. His posts always seem to have a very focused idea on what he's trying to convey, he is actively chasing information on what he feels is scummy, and is trying to keep discussion moving in a way that gets people talking.

Veeena - Scum. See above posts. She is not actually saying or doing much of anything outside of giving reads once (that were split in half over multiple days) and claiming citizen out of nowhere. This may be biased for reasons stated in above post.

Naru2008 - Town. Outside of looking like the bus yesterday, he's trying to help and figure things out, and feels like he's trying to help even though he fluffs a bit. (He's having fun, this game is supposed to be more relaxed then normal.) His genuine frustration over being ignored helps lean me in this direction, because nothing hurts more then trying to help and not being allowed to.

Jerme - Null. I can't get a good read on you and that scares me. You have the same aspect of naru in that you're trying to figure stuff out but your posts feel a lot more aimless then that like you're trying to just say something. Most of your posts have been about your lack of experience rather then content.

Arckas - Slight Scum. His posts today have been "guys lynch me i look scummy wait don't do that", and a lot of short posts that don't add too much. This post in particular REALLY bothers me:
Arckas wrote:Is the remainder of the four days going to be a circle jerk of this boredom? Can we lynch Melanora or is there something we have to talk about?

Don't just ask if there is something, give us something TO talk about. I don't care that I scumread mela too below, if you are town you never suggest wasting 4 days of irl time for discussion.

TurdPile - Slight Town. He's fluffed a bit today and it doesn't rub me the right way at all, but his history from D2 and non-fluff today has been enough for me to maintain him as a town read.

Rickdaily12 - Town. I don't think he's lying about his claim, but everything around it still confuses me because im not sure what the plan with it all is. I'm really not sure still, but the way his posts are and his claim lead me to believe fairly strongly he's town.

Obiwan - ?????/Town. You are REALLY eager to confirm yourself so I don't doubt you're town yet, I just can't quite figure out why you press it so much. If you don't confirm tomorrow I'm going to start thinking you're just spouting bullshit to get us off of you.

Melanora - Slight scum. Cit is an ok claim here but I'm not sure. You seem really content with being lynched instead of trying to defend yourself like you should be at this point, which makes me think you're just trying to get us off of you instead of going through with it.

Metrion - Semi-Gut Town. While short, his posts have been very focused on progressing discussion in a way that feels like he's actively hunting scum. I don't have much of a read other then he just simply solidly feels town based on his overall play.

Arcthurus - Gut Town. I still haven't lost this gut feeling all game from him that they're town, so make what you will of it.

RockFire - Strong Town. None of his posts have felt bad. His most recent play of getting a reaction out of rick was well done. I can't say much here that isn't really repeating other people, but he's the strongest town read I have at the moment.

PoisonMaid - Null. Not enough posts, I'm not happy with it but I really can't get a read without them. Keep playing like this and you'll wind up giving us another situation like lexiam where there's a last minute claim that sends everyone into a panic. Contribute more, thanks.

side note: I feel like I post a lot better when it's night and things are quiet so I can compose my thoughts without worrying about new posts, so if I'm more quiet during the day I guess this is why? Not trying to make an excuse, but just something I noted about myself.

/r/townofsalemgame Subreddit Moderator
Spoiler: Image
ImageImageImageImageImage
NheroArconix
Patron
Patron

Postby Metrion » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:48 am

Veeena wrote:
Metrion wrote:Theatre-ing of self sacrifice continues.

So M4x, your scum team is Mel, Nhero, Poison?

Don't test me bitch.

:WaitWhat:
Metrion
FM Awards: Creator

Postby Jerme » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:35 am

Metrion wrote:
Jerme wrote:Met, thsi is my second game of a FM game, both without a clear roellist. I didn't live to 2 in the former, so I guess I actually am new to those, as I didn't watch the FM games going on.

S as a global moderator of the board, and a retired TG mod, you have no experience with mafia at all?

I've played Werewolf, ToS and the TG games, but all have a more or less clear roellsit and other instances of information gain that FM, as the TG games use an other time than FM does. I appears different to me, as all have other bases to me. I was not that good in the forum games, imo and only won as Mafia due to a missplay from the towns side. In ToS and Werewolf, I know the roles, and mostly the rolelist, but in FM do neither, so thats a difference as well.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:42 am

Jerme wrote:
Metrion wrote:
Jerme wrote:Met, thsi is my second game of a FM game, both without a clear roellist. I didn't live to 2 in the former, so I guess I actually am new to those, as I didn't watch the FM games going on.

S as a global moderator of the board, and a retired TG mod, you have no experience with mafia at all?

I've played Werewolf, ToS and the TG games, but all have a more or less clear roellsit and other instances of information gain that FM, as the TG games use an other time than FM does. I appears different to me, as all have other bases to me. I was not that good in the forum games, imo and only won as Mafia due to a missplay from the towns side. In ToS and Werewolf, I know the roles, and mostly the rolelist, but in FM do neither, so thats a difference as well.

Just remember rolecards are in the same sub-forum as these games, and you can read-up on the roles. I believe we're using the Standard Rolecards.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jerme » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:57 am

Now that I caught up:
Naru, do you really wish to skip the most valueable time town can have to lynch Mel isntead of using it to gain more information, because you feel to be ignored? There are some statements, I'd like to have addressed, but they weren't, or only partially.
Also @Nhero: There is not much for me to say, as the most is already stated, of what I wanted to say.
I do have some suspicions of some placed roles, but stating those would help scum more than us.

My main suspect stays PoisonMaid for ignoring Lexiam when trying to vote out the inactives starting with someone more active than him (me). I agree, I could be also biased a Nhero/Lily is with her opinion of M4x. Mels defense of herself is a bit odd, I suspected tha there would be a more fierce one, regardless of her role.

What do you think is more plausible: That the Prankster faked a controlled result on Naru last night, or that the Neutral role is a Witch?

since Naru posted before me: you are right I could read up those, but as far as I've read we are not fully using standard roles, but some a bit changed ones, at least did I pick that up during readign this thread. Some roles do sound familar when I get a bit more of their descriptions, as I've seen those in TG (example Prankster), just mostly with a different name. I rather learn by doing, as this could stick more, instead of spending time on reading up all roles.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:02 am

Jerme wrote:Now that I caught up:
Naru, do you really wish to skip the most valueable time town can have to lynch Mel isntead of using it to gain more information, because you feel to be ignored? There are some statements, I'd like to have addressed, but they weren't, or only partially.
Also @Nhero: There is not much for me to say, as the most is already stated, of what I wanted to say.
I do have some suspicions of some placed roles, but stating those would help scum more than us.

My main suspect stays PoisonMaid for ignoring Lexiam when trying to vote out the inactives starting with someone more active than him (me). I agree, I could be also biased a Nhero/Lily is with her opinion of M4x. Mels defense of herself is a bit odd, I suspected tha there would be a more fierce one, regardless of her role.

What do you think is more plausible: That the Prankster faked a controlled result on Naru last night, or that the Neutral role is a Witch?

since Naru posted before me: you are right I could read up those, but as far as I've read we are not fully using standard roles, but some a bit changed ones, at least did I pick that up during readign this thread. Some roles do sound familar when I get a bit more of their descriptions, as I've seen those in TG (example Prankster), just mostly with a different name. I rather learn by doing, as this could stick more, instead of spending time on reading up all roles.

I believe the correct term used was Standard with a twist. We aren't using Experimental, and we're not using the Episode List, so that leaves Standard.

It'd be nice to have a refresher on our current votecount. *cough cough*

and yes, I would like for us to actually use the time to discuss things.
Like again, as I asked and no one answered, and apparently 2 pages back is too far for Obi to go back to, but does anyone have any ideas, even if they're just spitball ideas, about the fucking Marionette. Any clue as to what exactly it is, who it is, the purpose, etc, etc.

We have literally 3 full irl days to make a plan for if we lynch Mel, and if Mel turns Town, we atleast have a back-up plan in that case. That way we don't go into Night 3 and haven't the slightest clue of what to do or expect.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jerme » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:30 am

My take on the Marionette is that it could be a buffed Witch, or some fun the mods have created on their own, as I've heard the game ender hosted included also some "abilities" the mods had.
Or maybe the Mafia Head has an ability to have two seperate votes.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Metrion » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:46 am

Jerme wrote:
Metrion wrote:

I don't think you're a mewling babe though.
Metrion

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:00 am

moonbird wrote:
Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority

Arckas voted mela;
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=88099&p=2913975#p2913975

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jerme » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:04 am

That might be Met, but despite my smal lexperiecne I can still be a VI sometimes and have some gutreads that I cannot explain. I might need to stop trying to listen to those.

Now I'd like to see a reaction from Veeena about the accusation, other than more or less content less psots, which the last some appeared to be to me.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PoisonMaid » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:08 am

Okay. So just saying, the two people I thought was suspicious is voting me. Jerme and RockFire. I'm highly elevated to think they are scum trying to get rid of someone suspicious of them.. especially if they are mafia together they would try to get rid of anyone talking down on them. I haven't caught up in reading.
By the way rock, I made a post on page 40. I have no idea why you would continue considering me as scum with posts I've made. I was starting to think you weren't scum until jerme joined you with voting on me.
Proud Mommy 01/10/17 with another on the way 11/20/18
<3
PoisonMaid
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Jerme » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:12 am

PoisonMaid wrote:Okay. So just saying, the two people I thought was suspicious is voting me. Jerme and RockFire. I'm highly elevated to think they are scum trying to get rid of someone suspicious of them.. especially if they are mafia together they would try to get rid of anyone talking down on them. I haven't caught up in reading.
By the way rock, I made a post on page 40. I have no idea why you would continue considering me as scum with posts I've made. I was starting to think you weren't scum until jerme joined you with voting on me.

Just for you to know: I was the first one voting you iirc. May I know more about why you voted me on day 2 isntead of Lexiam, who was way more inactive? You did state with your vote that yo uwanted to take out those who don't contribute. Lex did just that.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PoisonMaid » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:19 am

I'm disgusted with how people think I'm scum 'cause I fail with reads and explaining myself. Lol not everyone can make very good detailed lists of things... especially playing on their phone this whole time busy with other crap.
Either way. I'm going to finish reading. I still don't like RockFire or Jerme. I'll see if I can gather my thoughts on it.
Definitely heightened my suspicion that they both voted on me when I suspect them lol.
Or they could just think I'm scum due to my not so good posts and thinking I'm just trying to get people to jump on board to not like them and lynch them.

**edit during post making 'cause jerme' post. That makes sense, but you also weren't really there that much either and I didn't come back on prior to the day ending, I most likely would've jumped on the train.
I understand why you would consider me scum. RockFire may just to me have weird tactics and whatnot. I also said I'm not done reading yet-so there's that.
<3
PoisonMaid
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby enderitem » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:21 am

I am just going to put this here and hope I didn't get completely fucked over by something that was impossible for me to predict anymore: /vote melanora

I think the real issues we need to establish right now is the "sinister presence" I felt and Naru's being witched claim. I want to see what Naru got exactly though. It seems weird to claim witched with only "feeling something you never felt before" result. Did anyone get either of these?

I am completely burned out from this game, work and studying so with today's confirmation, I will finally get some rest and stop tryharding my way to victory. The rest of the game seems pretty easy PoE though. A special holiday is starting this week and two days later I am going to the mountains where there is no phonelines, no signal and no internet. This will be for 9 days approximately. At least it feels good to know that we are hopefully at a state we can gamesolve. Man, busting my ass was worth it.
enderitem

Postby PoisonMaid » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:31 am

melanora wrote:I still think Rick is scum af for the end of D2.

So that either means everyone's read on Ender is shit, or one of us was framed.

........... I'll go find a memey video for my death note now.

I have no idea why you're thinking Rick is scum D2 or any other time what about D3? Why would you state D2 he read scum but go no where with it, like is he still scum to you now, or is he slowly redeeming himself to you? I'm with the votes for you.. just after reading this and catching up on some reading..
/vote melanora
I don't know if you're town with fail tactics but jeez scum is all over you. Anyone who is town or scum lol would know that Rick is definitely proven him self 85-95% town.
<3
PoisonMaid
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:33 am

First of all Ender, as I've explained 100 thousand times,

I WAS ADDING FLAVOR

AND NOW, YOU'RE THE THIRD OR FORTH PERSON TO GET CONFUSED, SO IT WAS A MISTAKE.

Secondly, my exact message was;
"You feel an insidious whispering. You were controlled!"

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:34 am

Thirdly, AH I'M NOT READY TO LYNCH YET WE NEED A PLAN FOR AFTER MELA, ESPECIALLY IF SHE'S TOWN

7/8

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:37 am

/unvote

I'm not really here I'm just lurking

Avoiding a quick hammer D:
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town
FM Awards: Town

Postby Jerme » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:42 am

@Ender: The never felt before stuff was accordign to Naru that it was just flavor he added. He wanted to add some entertainment to his witched claim.
@PoisonMaid: I was away after I placed my vote, I planned to only get shortly afk, but it went on to be longer than expected.

Is there a pupetteer role existing in FM? Could this one be the Neutral (and Prankster being the cause of the witched-notification)?

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jerme » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:44 am

Also I'd like to add, that I will be away from next weeks Wednesday noonish (which would be in the GTM +1 DST (aka UTC +2) timezone) till Sunday. Just for you to know why I am inactive or reactionless at this time.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PoisonMaid » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:52 am

Naru2008 wrote:Thirdly, AH I'M NOT READY TO LYNCH YET WE NEED A PLAN FOR AFTER MELA, ESPECIALLY IF SHE'S TOWN

7/8

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING

Maybe we should try to plan out what invest roles etc should do tonight. We probably should be trying to pick out who to investigate, rb, or any other action to try and get reads on possible scum. Especially if we are going to end up for sure lynching mel. /unvote did not notice how close we were. Naru brought of a good point to me.
<3
PoisonMaid
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby RockFire » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:56 am

Posion, my vote on you is a pressure vote to actually get you to do something since you'd made very little posts and I'd like to hear reads and thoughts so if you could do that I'd appreciate it.

Also making any plans at the moment can't be done because Witch exists to mess things up from what Naru said. If we assume there's a Mafioso, then there can be no scum RB tonight unless they can turn into roles which I don't think that's how it works.
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby RockFire » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:06 pm

Also reminder to everyone to not put L-1 because that marionette thing exists and is clearly scum oriented from yesterday which I already stated by Naru didn't see since he asked about it again.

Your first couple of reads were also vague and weird Posion which is why I want elaboration on them instead of snippets.
RockFire
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby Veeena » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:18 pm

You answered exactly what I needed. Good. We will continue this tomorrow

/unvote
OSRS Accounts: Veeena
Lewd Queen (Former HCIM)
Peepo Vee (GIM)

FF14: Xa Erros (NA Sargantas)

Formerly M4xwell
Known as
Xa/M4xy/Vee

Spoiler: Image

Some fucking Vee I suppose.

Veeena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PoisonMaid » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:18 pm

Well in all honesty I wouldn't hold on to getting anymore out of those past things I posted. They were quick and vague due to me having to rush. I'm still rushed here and there but right now I didn't fully catch up on reading but skimmed through things. I have a lot going on with my kid(toddler....), stay at home wife stuff, church stuff, etc.
They were quick assumsions and very sloppy even I know that.
Honestly I don't get pressured to fix anything lol the lynch didn't bother me that much. If people would've ended up voting on me to lynch I wouldve claimed my role, maybe made this explanation in my post and let it play out.
<3
PoisonMaid
Disguiser
Disguiser

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads