Episode XI | Rerolled (TrueGent wins!)

Canned threads go here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: Episode XI | Day 2 (I can't think of a title)

Postby alouvre » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:53 pm

didn't have anything to say about it because I thought it was meh but appreciated the effort anyway.
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby PersianRugs » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:27 pm

/vote mela
It is less than 24 hours and I have my reasons that she will flip scum.
Sorry Mel, but if ur town then you should have played better.
Spoiler: 7D- Citizen(Dead) Lost
SFM7- Gunslinger(Replaced in)(Dead) Lost
CFM9- Doctor(Dead) Won
7R- Arsonist(Dead) Lost
7H- Citizen(Dead) Lost
SFM11- Wizard(Lived) Won
7I- Pakhan(Replaced in)(Dead) Lost
SFM12- Citizen(Dead) Lost
CFM12- Ce-Matoran(Lived) Won
SFM14- General(Dead) Lost
8D- Citizen(Dead) Won
TFM16- Mafia Mayor(Dead) Lost
Episode IX- Bodyguard(Dead) Lost
TFM20- Traitor(Lived) Won
9B- Witch(Dead) Lost
9C- Transporter(Dead) Lost
9D- Arsonist(Replaced in)(Dead) Lost
9E- Ongoing
9F- Ongoing
PersianRugs
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby ryanyb » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:49 pm

PersianRugs wrote:/vote mela

If mel is town I'm going to get SO much shit post game im cringing just thinking about it.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ryanyb » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:49 pm

And on that note
l-3 on mel.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ryanyb » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:50 pm

ryanyb wrote:And on that note
l-3 on mel.

Sorry triple post, please do not hammer until she gets a chance to respond. I'm curious what she's going to say. Honestly I don't think that there's enough time to shift the wagon to someone else, but I still want to hear her response.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby alouvre » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:55 pm

ryanyb wrote:

If mel is town I'm going to get SO much shit post game im cringing just thinking about it.

I feel you dude
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby ryanyb » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:59 pm

alouvre wrote:
ryanyb wrote:

I feel you dude

No you dont even know
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ryanyb » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:59 pm

ryanyb wrote:
alouvre wrote:
ryanyb wrote:

I feel you dude

No you dont even know

like, i've still got PTSD from that game with varanus where all of my reads were incorrect.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby alouvre » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:07 pm

or every single fm game I've ever played, yes
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby James2 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:14 pm

With that slip earlier, mela basically claimed neutral. She said she was possibly SK, so that's most likely it. In that case she's the ideal lynch, witch and bomber are both less important (for now anyway), but if she's one of them that's still good.

I request that a vigilante shoot Lexiam or yauyau.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby alouvre » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:26 pm

alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby melanora » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:29 pm

ryanyb wrote:So please Mel, do explain how I've been spearheading this with Hark and am scummy because of it.

Actually, and I'm pretty sure i posted this but maybe i did not? I think that you're Neutral. Not actual Mafia. Probably witch tbh.

alouvre wrote:to melanora: so you're giving me a free pass despite thinking I'm scum, because your case is mostly based off of my replacement's behaviour? sometimes a replacement is unable to defend against accusations towards the person they replaced, but I did because his behaviour seemed logical enough. I can understand why you wouldn't want to lynch someone who actually can't defend themselves because they have no basis to build on (see: toro) but I'm very capable of defending my slot and did so. what gives?

The number of times that I've been lynched after replacing in because i could not explain the absurd arguements of the original, and was town... it's absurd. Which is why i won't ask you to explain Hark. I'll just wait for you to scum slip and then lynch the fuck out of you.

ryanyb wrote:
ladd wrote:
melanora wrote:
Actually I find this hilarious because normally you're really good at scum hunting so you're going to feel like a dumbass when you see I'm Town. I'll excuse you because you just replaced in, but seriously, dumb.

Wait, you don't see this as a scumslip? Have you caught up on the thread yet? She's blatantly said that Alou would feel dumb for lynching her. In her world here, prior to this post, she thought that Alou was scum. Why would scum feel guilty about lynching town.

I literally already explained that i think that Alouvre is Mafia searching for the SK, and is going to feel like a dumb ass wasting his time just lynching a Citizen. The fact that you are ignoring that is absolute bullshit. I do not mind explaining myself, but I refuse to do it multiple times. I'm not your teacher. I don't need to teach you stupid bullshit.

FYI I'll respond to your wall next but that will take a while.

ryanyb wrote:

*plays super town scum hunting first thing d2* OMG MEL IS SK LEADING TOWN LYNCH HER
*tries to play lowkey to make it past d2* OMG MEL IS SCUM NOT BEING PRO TOWN LYNCH HER

... ffs.

ryanyb wrote:
alouvre wrote:
ryanyb wrote:

I feel you dude

No you dont even know

I'm literally, like... if we get to the point where I am the lynch, I expect you assholes to let me hammer myself that way I can just post memes since there is no last will. And they will legit tell you both what idiots you are if you are Town... HOWEVER you are both scum therefore my memes will tell you guys well played, and then tell town they're about to be steam rolled because they listen to you two.
Honestly alouvre why did you have to replace into Hark's spot? He's so fucking scummy, he has to be Mafia. There's no way you're Town.
#overthrowthepatriarchy #babyforfmmod
I'm not a fucking gmod. Don't send me shit about your ban appeal.

FM Record
Spoiler: Image
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby alouvre » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:46 pm

im half asleep rn but wtf im arguing harks behaviour WASNT absurd, which is why i defended for him, and that your scumread on him is still flawed, and you're not doing anything to prove why it isn't flawed

anyway why does it matter if the only thing i did was make shitty reads, if im scum im scum and if you're town you'd try to lynch me anyway. refusing to pursue one of your top scumreads because you dont have a good enough reason against the replacement is hypersensitive and you wouldnt give a fuck about it if you're town. especially since the replacement thing isnt even a problem because i obviously can defend hark and have been suspecting for not pushing me.

tldr i can defend hark. your point is invalid.

and no ryan didnt ignore anything, he said this, which you never responded to:

"Then how come you referred to Alou's actions as faulty scumhunting instead of just blatantly saying something along the lines of 'bad at looking for your sk'. ALSO, more importantly, you say that you're going to excuse him this time. Is this not implying that you think that he is town along with you? Why would you be angry at someone you think is mafia for incorrectly pegging the SK. It's their job to also kill town, no? Town members don't 'forgive' mafia for killing a town member, right? Logically, there is no reason you would've made that last sentence unless you were town-reading (and at this point im going to say KNEW that Alou was town)Alou and you were trying to appeal to emotion. It just doesn't make any sense otherwise."

idr anyone saying anything along the lines of what you quoted

and no i was townreading hark and got it right. if you read my defence you'd know why.
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby melanora » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:00 pm

ryanyb wrote:Compiled arguments (with sources!) against Melanora ANDquestions for her to answer when she has time

Let's fucking do this shit baby has had a bath and is in bed and Mr Mel is watching football so I am ready to make you all feel like idiots for hopping on this wagon led by idiot 1 and idiot 2 the godfather and the witch.

Spoiler:
1)
So, first off I want you to explain why you did nothing D1 except saying it wasn't scummy for James to claim.
It was clear you were reading the thread as shown by
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=125#p1736690
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=150#p1736822
and viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=150#p1736838
but you neglected to comment on anything. You refused to comment on Kirize vs Hark, you refused to comment on Misa etc. I need to know why you decided, uncharacteristically, to avoid nearly all game-related conversation on day one, which you continued to avoid as you started building reads in day two. Either explain why you were so quiet and evasive, or acknowledge that it is scummy that you avoided making any connections whatsoever like Rick from SFM17 where he acted confused and dissociated.

... ?!?!?!?!?!?!?! What do you mean acted confused and dissociated? I will freely admit that Day One got away from me - I've grown used to D1 being multiple days with a day one lynch. Of course, that's no excuse, but I literally thought I would have no time. By the time that Day 2 started, there was growing aggression against Misa and Lexiam, and I didn't think that was the right path to take. There was no point in rehashing old things at that point. The "scummy" part is my inactivity, but it was a Sunday, and we all know that my activity is shit on Sundays and Saturdays.

2) I need you to respond to a few things regarding this post:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=600#p1743154
in context of my response: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=650#p1743774
and the following:
By this point in time, I had removed my vote from Misa and placed it onto Yau who was active at the time. I had never tunneled anyone, especially not Misa, so your point that I was trying to wagon inactives is thereby null. It became obvious you were viewing me and hark as the same person, since you claimed that I was 'trying to grab everyone around them to get on' while hark was the one who started the Misa wagon, and no wagon ever formed on Yau and I had never intended to start one as made obvious by my lack of supporting evidence in that push. We had explained hypoclaiming but you never gave an opinion of it. You try to further slander me by saying im doing anything to start a wagon, which, again, is false taking a stroll through my ISO. I would like for you to either support what you claimed in this post, or rescind said argument, acknowledging it was reaching, narrow considering it was supposed to be a catch up post, and unnaturally pointed.

I will admit that I did actually get you and Hark confused for a moment, as you were both rather active - Hark was the one that, in the end, was actually pursuing the inactives to vote for, continuing the pressure on Misa who had more or less disappeared. ALSO hypoclaiming, idk where this came from, as this is the first time that I have encountered it - I more or less glazed over it D1 because I didn't think anyone was for real. You know why? Because it's fucking stupid. This is what Last Wills are for - but no. No one used their Last Wills. And now they're no longer in game. Hypoclaiming is literally fucking stupid as hell, and it's confusing as hell. Like, really?!?!?!?!

3) I would like to point some things out regarding this post, but I don't have any specific questions; respond if you feel like you have something to say on the matter/
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=700#p1744915
Unlike some others here, I don't consider that second responds (the one starting with "Because it used to") scummy. I do, however, find the line starting with "You should fear me" unsettling. It's attempting to draw a stark contrast between your gameplay this game and how others perceive your scum play. It's nothing horrible, but just another one of those one-liners you started scattering around. I'm happy with your next post though against Hark. While I don't necesarilly agree with the argument you're making (because I feel like anyone combing through Hark's ISO can pretty clearly see that you nitpicked one instance of him changing topic opposed to the 10's of other times he did).

Throwback history real quick - I rolled Town my first fifteen or so games. I was always the loud town voice, I was the person to follow, I was the one you protected N1, and I often either won games OR I was ignored and then my entire scum list was proven to be the actual scum team in the end. Then, 7R happened. And I steamrolled as the SK because people had faith in me. Next game, I was the Stalker, was found N1 by the Sheriff, got him lynched, and made it to D4 before anyone finally said okay we should stop listening to her and lynch her. Next game, I was in the Mafia, found N1 by the Sheriff AGAIn which was FUCKING GOSSIE, and was killed the next night by the other mafia team [dual mafia]. Since then, any time that I act super pro-town D1 or D2, I'm lynched. Automatically. Or I get killed by Mafia. It's like a train wreck. If I instead keep my head down then show up D3 with a list of scum members, all of a sudden, I get to make it to end game, actually scum hunt freely without having people all over me, and somehow manage to not get mafia attention.

Is it really anti-town to want to live long enough to actually find scum, instead of wasting a day defending myself? I mean literally, I'm a Citizen. We have wasted this day phase, now, talking about my alignment. You're lynching a Cit. I mean, thank god I'm not the TI or some shit and someone really useful, but there's plenty of other roles that should be lynched right now, and we're wasting our time on a Citizen...

4) Few things regarding this: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=725#p1746800
You say "It took you way too fucking long to respond to my accusation against you" to Hark. This is about 3 ish pages after you made the argument against Hark. All this time though, you never responded to my post (point 2 on this list). Very hypocritical.
You then avoid making a read on Yau like I had asked you to, with the line that begins with "I think that Hark and Yau". From my PoV at least, it's pretty clear that you don't want to make a read. Obviously someone who speaks more has more attention drawn to them, but that doesn't mean they're the only important peope in the game. You should know this.
Later down, in the paragraph you start with "I know exactly why", this entire thing is a bundle of hypocritical rhetoric. You had previously slandered Hark for making absolutes like the ones you were making in this post, even though the structure of your accusations mirrored his pretty closely, except yours had a bit more fluff text. You're ignoring the fact that for a few pages, all most of what was spoken about was mafia's choice of kill and the witch target, which Hark was involved in. (Pages 19 and 21 are okay'ish in terms of Hark's involvement). Honestly, do you think that someone would replace out just because you after not doing much, you accuse him of being scum? Even bringing that up is seeding and slander.
I want you to re-evaluate the argument you made against Hark here in light of ALL of the information in the thread up to this point (page 30), not just the handful you decided to read. After doing so, I want to hear if you agree with what you said, what you would change, and why. I also want to hear why you neglected to form a read on Yau. Me mentioning Yau to you could've been an opportunity for you to jump on me and try to accuse me of forming wagons on more inactive players, but instead you decided to just waive the question entirely. Why?

First and foremost, I stand by my argument about Hark. Hark is the type of player that says that his word is law, that everyone should auto follow him, and anyone that doesn't is auto-scum. I've watched him play like this numerous times, both as scum and town. It's all ego and bullheadedness. I still say he is scum.

As for Yau, tbh, yau went right under my radar. I probably should have stopped and reread his ISO, however, when you brought him up, I couldn't think much on what Yau had even said this game, whereas I knew plenty of what Hark had said.

Why have you dropped your argument on Yau?

5) Mel, I need you to respond to this post from Alou which you neglected:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=775#p1748454
Respond to all of his points please, and make it clear which you are responding to so that we can track which you answer, and which you dodge.

1. yes

2. um yes and that is his meta as both mafia and town?

3. t?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

4. I'm confused at what you are asking? He asked if Cham was new, and second game is new. That's a thing, to not lynch new people D1. Therefore, he pointed out that Cham was new, and then by hinting that Cham was not the intended target with the possibility of a witching, idk. Everything together sounds too coincidental to me.

6)A few things regarding this post: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=800#p1748848
Given the context that Alouvre and myself both added the following:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=800#p1748877
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=825#p1748882
I think everything I need you to answer is rather clearly articulated in Alou's post, but I would like you go into more detail about how that wasn't a scumslip in terms of my post there and the first paragraph in red here: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=850#p1749676

I already explained the bit about how I think that Alouvre is Mafia looking for SK. As for the bit about forgiving, you literally just said that I'm going to give you so much shit out of game - I'm going to forgive Alouvre for going after me out of game. In game Alouvre is a POS and bad because I'm not the SK, and in the off chance that Alouvre is Town should also feel bad because I'm not Mafia either, nor any neutal, but only a cit, and should therefore feel bad and is not forgiven. Out of game, Alouvre gets one pass for being bad.

7) There is a series of flawed posts in the past few pages which I have some questions regarding:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=900#p1750059
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=900#p1750113
and viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=900#p1750122
Regarding your first post there, I fact checked two of your primary claims there, 1. that you called me scum first, and 2. that me and hark were trying to lynch an inactive (what I presume was either you or misa, it wasn't clear in your post). My posts refuting these are here:http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=900#p1750086
and here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=900#p1750186
respectively. I never did respond in the case that you were referencing yourself in that second point though, and were accusing us of trying to wagon and lynch you while you are inactive, in which case I would like to direct you to the following posts by myself and Alou: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=900#p1750132
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=875#p1749976
and viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=850#p1749849
In reference to the first post you made that I quoted here, I would like for you to acknowledge that both arguments you made here were faulty, only reinforced by the fact that I haven't spoken out against Lex as you so claimed. If you believe either of them still hold water, please explain.

You were right about not speaking out against Lex - as I said above, I did get the two of you confused because it did appear to me, at the time, that the pair of you were working together, which I still believe.

Regarding your second post that I quoted here, can you clarify what you meant on the line that starts with ":You had me listed as scum when..." I just don't know what you were trying to say.

This may also be a case of me getting you and Hark confused - one of you two had me listed as scum D1 and I had made all of like two posts at the time, so therefore claiming that I was OMGUSing is garbage.

Regarding your third post, please correct me if I am wrong, but changing who is playing a slot doesn't change the alignment of that slot, no? So then explain how the first paragraph there, starting with "Alou, I called Hark scum. I won't..." is anything aside from fluff. If I am reading it correctly, it boils down to:
"You're scum, and I found out becuse of hark's play, not yours. You're a good player, and I wouldn't have caught you if hark was never in the slot to begin with. Sorry that you got unlucky with the slot. Even though you're scum, I'm not going to lynch you, because, even though I know hark was scum, and therefore by association you as well, you might not be scum"
Wat. How does this make any logical sense. To me it looks like you're trying to appeal to him somehow, but honestly it's so convoluted and logically flawed that I can't tell if that was even your intent. Would you please re-write this to make logical sense, and acknowledge that as written it is a contradiction.

I've already explaing this. I won't explain myself over and over again.

Finally, a few overarching questions. Through this entire wall of mine, you referenced myself, Hark/Alou, Lex, LoF, and I think that you responded to something that Samuel said once. Your interactions with players has been painstakingly narrow and calculated. Please explain your hesitation to involve yourself with anyone except us five. The only push you made on a scumread was on hark which I feel I demonstrated was flawed. Instead of continuing that push on his slot, you gave Alouvre what appeared to be amnesty for reasons that I can't understand. You've been using faulty facts to back up your arguments, as I've shown. You've been dodging questions (I hope to alleviate that right now). Convince me that you aren't scum.

Would you like me to list everyone? Most of the players have been inactive, I've been interacting with those that are active. You mentioned Kirize elsewhere so I'll specifically point out about Kirize, they are often mislynched for just being terribad, and I was not going to respond to that stupidity.

I've also spoken to nprom and Max/Jammy.

There is more than the few that you have listed, however, I've been primarily, the past few pages, been responding to the accusationsa gainst me, which have only been coming from a few, because everyone else is inactive sheep. I have not been ignoring people - people have been riding under the radar. [/spoiler]

I've already explained myself, and I won't explain myself further at this point. I'm Town, you have a claim, you have my arguements, you have FINALLY put together an actual accusation against me, you have my defense, congratulations on wasting Town time. Hope you're proud of yourself.

FM Record
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby alouvre » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:11 pm

i'll respond to stuff in the morning but you do realize an important part of the accusation against you is that you arent doing anything to lynch your scumreads right. you can still defend and accuse people at the same time but you have just been saying the same few people are scum over and over again but never getting any more specific than just "they're strongarming the town by picking on easy targets" or whatever. and you still haven't voted anyone you want to lynch. im not counting the one on me because apparently you dont want to lynch me despite thinking im mafia. and yeah we read what your explanations on why you arent pushing on me in particular but it doesnt make sense lol, and i already made multiple posts detailing why.

if you're going to get onto us for wasting town's time it feels hypocritical because you didn't even suggest an alternative lynch and you had two days.

and "finally" made an accusation is misleading because all ryan did was pull posts and repeat questions and points people have already stated multiple times into one post. it was always there.

anyway shoot me if I post again I need to sleep, good night folks
alouvre
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby melanora » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:06 pm

Except that no one had really argued against me when they voted, and it took a while for the questions to come out, so... Yeah it took y'all a while.

FM Record
melanora
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby ryanyb » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:22 pm

So, a few things. First off, thanks for responding.
I'll go ahead and reply to what you asked of me, give my opinions on stuff, and then ask a final question.

Spoiler: 1)
I guess you didn't really act confused, but certainly dissociated.
TY for admitting that you played day one poorly.
Once again, I wasn't scumreading you d1 for your activity level, but your choice of what to say when you were active. Stop trying to claim that I'm scumreading you because of timing because it's simply not true.

2)
Cool, so waived your argument void here. (You confused me and hark).
Idk if you've ever played a Turbo, but essentially everyone hypoclaims to hide the cop since there are no wills. Yes the system isn't perfect but it's better than not saying anything and running the risk of getting killed without getting your night information out. We both agree that we wanted last wills in the game, and this is the best solution for the time being, so instead of using it as a point of leverage against me, understand that on this point, we should be on the same page. This isn't a point that you should be counting against me.

3)
Great, you show us that you know how people read you based on meta. That's only more reason not to read you off meta lol. Stop trying to use meta to defend yourself, its hurting my head. Nice story tho.
No it's not anti town to want to live. It's scummy to claim that it's self meta tho.

4) Alright, so you stand by the decision that Hark is scum, but why. I brought up some good points as to WHY he is likely not scum, and you simply responded with "welp, he's still scum because he does this as town and scum so he's scum". I get that his playstyle pisses you off, but that's not enough to make a scumread from. Tell me if that summary of that paragraph isn't accurate.

'Dropped' my argument on Yau because I want the spotlight on you right now, not split between multiple people. We had RL days 1-3 for that. THAT BEING SAID, you still didn't give a read on Yau like I asked for lol. Also you didn't answer on why you didn't jump on me for voting Yau a while back.

5) I can't really follow this point TBH so ill just assume you've satisfied what I asked for lol.

6) I didn't say it would be you giving me shit out of game. I still think this is a scumslip, im not convinced. It 's too circumstantial and limited.

7)
Alright so you drop another augment against me as you confused me and Hark. Alright.
You confuse us again and drop said argument. K
Link me to where you explain that post Mel, I must've missed it.

Alright, I'm rather sure that you're scum at this point in time. For me, the giveaway was that multiple times in your response you conceded points to me, saying that it was in fact an oversight by you and you confusing me and hark, but that the very very top of your response, you list me as scum. I think I got you to concede your entire argument against me over the course of that response. So, I want to know how you're still scumreading me given that I got you to admit your points against me were flawed. I quoted every post you had against me in that wall, and got you to admit your points against me were null. So how are you still scumreading me?
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ryanyb » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:27 pm

ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby LordofFail » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:59 pm

cant be bothered to read the last 15 pages, too tired rn

ill get to it tomorrow (i hope). Depends how tired i am after work.

but also this:

ryanyb wrote:Compiled arguments (with sources!) against Melanora ANDquestions for her to answer when she has time

For simplicity's sake, im going to post the links to the posts that I want you to re-read/respond to, and any other arguments/posts that I would like for you to consider while responding. This is a REALLY fucking long wall, but I think it also encapsulates most of the town's arguments against Mel. I mostly quoted myself and Alou, but I believe anyone else that has spoken against her has their arguments represented somewhere within this wall. If you feel like I missed a source, or an argument, ADD IT. These aren't just my thoughts, it's many peoples. Be productive, don't just sit and react.

I beg all of you (including Ladd, sorry, you joined at a bad time LOL) to read all of this please. I understand it's a wall, and people naturally hate walls, but I put 2 hours of my time into this for a reason.

So, first off I want you to explain why you did nothing D1 except saying it wasn't scummy for James to claim.
It was clear you were reading the thread as shown by
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=125#p1736690
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=150#p1736822
and viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=150#p1736838
but you neglected to comment on anything. You refused to comment on Kirize vs Hark, you refused to comment on Misa etc. I need to know why you decided, uncharacteristically, to avoid nearly all game-related conversation on day one, which you continued to avoid as you started building reads in day two. Either explain why you were so quiet and evasive, or acknowledge that it is scummy that you avoided making any connections whatsoever like Rick from SFM17 where he acted confused and dissociated.

2) I need you to respond to a few things regarding this post:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=600#p1743154
in context of my response: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=650#p1743774
and the following:
By this point in time, I had removed my vote from Misa and placed it onto Yau who was active at the time. I had never tunneled anyone, especially not Misa, so your point that I was trying to wagon inactives is thereby null. It became obvious you were viewing me and hark as the same person, since you claimed that I was 'trying to grab everyone around them to get on' while hark was the one who started the Misa wagon, and no wagon ever formed on Yau and I had never intended to start one as made obvious by my lack of supporting evidence in that push. We had explained hypoclaiming but you never gave an opinion of it. You try to further slander me by saying im doing anything to start a wagon, which, again, is false taking a stroll through my ISO. I would like for you to either support what you claimed in this post, or rescind said argument, acknowledging it was reaching, narrow considering it was supposed to be a catch up post, and unnaturally pointed.

3) I would like to point some things out regarding this post, but I don't have any specific questions; respond if you feel like you have something to say on the matter/
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=700#p1744915
Unlike some others here, I don't consider that second responds (the one starting with "Because it used to") scummy. I do, however, find the line starting with "You should fear me" unsettling. It's attempting to draw a stark contrast between your gameplay this game and how others perceive your scum play. It's nothing horrible, but just another one of those one-liners you started scattering around. I'm happy with your next post though against Hark. While I don't necesarilly agree with the argument you're making (because I feel like anyone combing through Hark's ISO can pretty clearly see that you nitpicked one instance of him changing topic opposed to the 10's of other times he did).

4) Few things regarding this: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=725#p1746800
You say "It took you way too fucking long to respond to my accusation against you" to Hark. This is about 3 ish pages after you made the argument against Hark. All this time though, you never responded to my post (point 2 on this list). Very hypocritical.
You then avoid making a read on Yau like I had asked you to, with the line that begins with "I think that Hark and Yau". From my PoV at least, it's pretty clear that you don't want to make a read. Obviously someone who speaks more has more attention drawn to them, but that doesn't mean they're the only important peope in the game. You should know this.
Later down, in the paragraph you start with "I know exactly why", this entire thing is a bundle of hypocritical rhetoric. You had previously slandered Hark for making absolutes like the ones you were making in this post, even though the structure of your accusations mirrored his pretty closely, except yours had a bit more fluff text. You're ignoring the fact that for a few pages, all most of what was spoken about was mafia's choice of kill and the witch target, which Hark was involved in. (Pages 19 and 21 are okay'ish in terms of Hark's involvement). Honestly, do you think that someone would replace out just because you after not doing much, you accuse him of being scum? Even bringing that up is seeding and slander.
I want you to re-evaluate the argument you made against Hark here in light of ALL of the information in the thread up to this point (page 30), not just the handful you decided to read. After doing so, I want to hear if you agree with what you said, what you would change, and why. I also want to hear why you neglected to form a read on Yau. Me mentioning Yau to you could've been an opportunity for you to jump on me and try to accuse me of forming wagons on more inactive players, but instead you decided to just waive the question entirely. Why?

5) Mel, I need you to respond to this post from Alou which you neglected:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=775#p1748454
Respond to all of his points please, and make it clear which you are responding to so that we can track which you answer, and which you dodge.

6)A few things regarding this post: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=800#p1748848
Given the context that Alouvre and myself both added the following:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=800#p1748877
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=825#p1748882
I think everything I need you to answer is rather clearly articulated in Alou's post, but I would like you go into more detail about how that wasn't a scumslip in terms of my post there and the first paragraph in red here: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=850#p1749676

7) There is a series of flawed posts in the past few pages which I have some questions regarding:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=900#p1750059
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=900#p1750113
and viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=900#p1750122
Regarding your first post there, I fact checked two of your primary claims there, 1. that you called me scum first, and 2. that me and hark were trying to lynch an inactive (what I presume was either you or misa, it wasn't clear in your post). My posts refuting these are here:http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=900#p1750086
and here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=900#p1750186
respectively. I never did respond in the case that you were referencing yourself in that second point though, and were accusing us of trying to wagon and lynch you while you are inactive, in which case I would like to direct you to the following posts by myself and Alou: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=900#p1750132
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=875#p1749976
and viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52772&start=850#p1749849
In reference to the first post you made that I quoted here, I would like for you to acknowledge that both arguments you made here were faulty, only reinforced by the fact that I haven't spoken out against Lex as you so claimed. If you believe either of them still hold water, please explain.

Regarding your second post that I quoted here, can you clarify what you meant on the line that starts with ":You had me listed as scum when..." I just don't know what you were trying to say.

Regarding your third post, please correct me if I am wrong, but changing who is playing a slot doesn't change the alignment of that slot, no? So then explain how the first paragraph there, starting with "Alou, I called Hark scum. I won't..." is anything aside from fluff. If I am reading it correctly, it boils down to:
"You're scum, and I found out becuse of hark's play, not yours. You're a good player, and I wouldn't have caught you if hark was never in the slot to begin with. Sorry that you got unlucky with the slot. Even though you're scum, I'm not going to lynch you, because, even though I know hark was scum, and therefore by association you as well, you might not be scum"
Wat. How does this make any logical sense. To me it looks like you're trying to appeal to him somehow, but honestly it's so convoluted and logically flawed that I can't tell if that was even your intent. Would you please re-write this to make logical sense, and acknowledge that as written it is a contradiction.

Finally, a few overarching questions. Through this entire wall of mine, you referenced myself, Hark/Alou, Lex, LoF, and I think that you responded to something that Samuel said once. Your interactions with players has been painstakingly narrow and calculated. Please explain your hesitation to involve yourself with anyone except us five. The only push you made on a scumread was on hark which I feel I demonstrated was flawed. Instead of continuing that push on his slot, you gave Alouvre what appeared to be amnesty for reasons that I can't understand. You've been using faulty facts to back up your arguments, as I've shown. You've been dodging questions (I hope to alleviate that right now). Convince me that you aren't scum.

ryanyb wrote:So, a few things. First off, thanks for responding.
I'll go ahead and reply to what you asked of me, give my opinions on stuff, and then ask a final question.

I guess you didn't really act confused, but certainly dissociated.
TY for admitting that you played day one poorly.
Once again, I wasn't scumreading you d1 for your activity level, but your choice of what to say when you were active. Stop trying to claim that I'm scumreading you because of timing because it's simply not true.

2)
Cool, so waived your argument void here. (You confused me and hark).
Idk if you've ever played a Turbo, but essentially everyone hypoclaims to hide the cop since there are no wills. Yes the system isn't perfect but it's better than not saying anything and running the risk of getting killed without getting your night information out. We both agree that we wanted last wills in the game, and this is the best solution for the time being, so instead of using it as a point of leverage against me, understand that on this point, we should be on the same page. This isn't a point that you should be counting against me.

3)
Great, you show us that you know how people read you based on meta. That's only more reason not to read you off meta lol. Stop trying to use meta to defend yourself, its hurting my head. Nice story tho.
No it's not anti town to want to live. It's scummy to claim that it's self meta tho.

4) Alright, so you stand by the decision that Hark is scum, but why. I brought up some good points as to WHY he is likely not scum, and you simply responded with "welp, he's still scum because he does this as town and scum so he's scum". I get that his playstyle pisses you off, but that's not enough to make a scumread from. Tell me if that summary of that paragraph isn't accurate.

'Dropped' my argument on Yau because I want the spotlight on you right now, not split between multiple people. We had RL days 1-3 for that. THAT BEING SAID, you still didn't give a read on Yau like I asked for lol. Also you didn't answer on why you didn't jump on me for voting Yau a while back.

5) I can't really follow this point TBH so ill just assume you've satisfied what I asked for lol.

6) I didn't say it would be you giving me shit out of game. I still think this is a scumslip, im not convinced. It 's too circumstantial and limited.

7)
Alright so you drop another augment against me as you confused me and Hark. Alright.
You confuse us again and drop said argument. K
Link me to where you explain that post Mel, I must've missed it.

Alright, I'm rather sure that you're scum at this point in time. For me, the giveaway was that multiple times in your response you conceded points to me, saying that it was in fact an oversight by you and you confusing me and hark, but that the very very top of your response, you list me as scum. I think I got you to concede your entire argument against me over the course of that response. So, I want to know how you're still scumreading me given that I got you to admit your points against me were flawed. I quoted every post you had against me in that wall, and got you to admit your points against me were null. So how are you still scumreading me?

Well, you get points for trying at least. Which means that ryan is either town or tryhard scum. Yes that last sentence is probably dumb for suggesting ryan might be scum. But remember that i am exhausted right now and I have no notes of the last 15 pages of thread so I have next to no idea of what is going on except for that semi-drunk lof thinks lynching mel is a bad idea.

"The Hardest Game to Win is a Won Game"

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby ryanyb » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Yeahhh sorry about the walls. When I get pissed I start writing.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ryanyb » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:49 pm

Alright, I think im okay with people hammering whenever. We're 3 votes off IIRC.

A little under 20 hours remain.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ryanyb » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:49 pm

And im going to sleep finally. My fingers are dead.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ryanyb » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:59 pm

Wait fuck I forgot something.
First off I'm rather sure Mel is witch or bomber not SK. This means there's going to be two kills tonight. If she's witch, bomber is still out there, and I'd like to remind scum that they lose too if the bomb blows so caution in your kill selection would be appreciated.

If Mel is NOT bomber, I don't want any tps on me. I'll let the sk, Mafia, and bomber play wifom with each other. I think I'm beyond likely to get fused, so keep tp's on other people. Killing roles can decide if they want to risk the fuse going off in exchange for my life. I'd be happy with lookouts on me tho
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ryanyb » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:01 pm

That is, provided I'm not already fused which I very well could be.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ladd » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:52 pm

Kirize is scum, ignoring the fact that there is like two pages of people accusing him and discussing on him is disgusting and not a Town reaction ever, this read has become not negotiable. I doubt we have time to switch considering the activity and Mela is still an ok lynch, so whatever.

If I get NKed, autolynch Kirize.
ladd
FM Awards: Town
FM Awards: Town

PreviousNext

Return to FM Trash