9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Game Over (Town Wins!)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day Four (Late Fate)

Postby oliy » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:23 pm

pumacatrun2 wrote:Waaait theory: Tat as Shade/Phantom y/n?

The lack of defense in jail helps, but I would say nah because they would be more baity and try harder for a vi g shot or something.

Old Signature Stuff:

Spoiler:
Hi! I'm Eve the Eevee! Please give me a hug :3
You can also hurt/heal me here!

My Stuff
oliy
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby pumacatrun2 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:28 pm

oliy wrote:

The lack of defense in jail helps, but I would say nah because they would be more baity and try harder for a vi g shot or something.

Ehh, vig shots mean a vig rolling and idk if they'd bank on it. Being inactive enough to warrant being jailed though I could see. Though, if they were phant/shade it probably would have been better for them to make up a bullshit sounding claim to the jailor if they wanted to die.
Favoured role: Executioner
Least favoured role: Sheriff
Most commonly known in games as "Cat Burglar".

"If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic."

FM Record: Spoiler: Image
rip my win/loss ratio
pumacatrun2
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby oliy » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:29 pm

They can't ritual in jail

Old Signature Stuff:

Spoiler:

My Stuff
oliy
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby oliy » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:30 pm

I would see them trying to look scumny to get shot or lynched instead of just inactivity

Old Signature Stuff:

Spoiler:

My Stuff
oliy
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby ryanyb » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:35 pm

I just realized that tat literally can't flip town, so there's no fear in jailing them. I want to kill Oliy after the flip of Tatsu, but I want Oliy RB'd tonight to prevent a possible ignite. If we still go up in flames, we know that Oliy is actually firebrand or mafia.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby pumacatrun2 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:39 pm

oliy wrote:They can't ritual in jail

Oh didn't know that. Thought they might have been RB immune or something, don't know why. Well, even if they do turn out to be phant/shade we'll find out soon. Guess it's not too much of a worry, just worth noting the possibility.

P-edit I really think it's better to lynch elastoid, execute tat and let oliy ignite. As I said earlier, if arso ignited now it'd be suicide for them so if oliy is lying then it won't pay off because they'd be voted up/executed the next day. Sure, they could take a lot of town with them if they were lying but they'd lose in the process.

rip my win/loss ratio
pumacatrun2
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Tiltedcomedian » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Santa is Jailor, yes.
Tiltedcomedian
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby pumacatrun2 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:41 pm

Inb4 santa/tilted scum team :^) But nah, I trust it.

rip my win/loss ratio
pumacatrun2
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby oliy » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:44 pm

Ryan the only person who dies through my ignite is Tat. I was RBed N1 remember, an I can't ignite Arsonist doused, nor can they mine.
Elasroid can't flip mafia by your logic as he lied about your role and claimed he was Framed the same night, and disguisers don't fool sheriff's too.

My problem with igniting is that I can be utilized instead of simply confirmed. If I ignite with Tat being executed I do nothing this game, as I can only ignite once. Elastoid execution is safer, I want to be utilized, and we can eliminate a false cit claimer easily this way.

Old Signature Stuff:

Spoiler:

My Stuff
oliy
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Re: 9D (CL) | Nostalgia | Day Three (Shotgun Shogun)

Postby Elastoid » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:56 pm

VidameBianca wrote:"there's these two people who're apparently claiming sheriff but i'm not gonna cc them for TI/RT even though i'm invest!!"

Uh, yeah, no, I don't believe you.

With 3 RTs, it's not a true counterclaim. I thought we were lynching Genos, whom I believe is scum even if RTD turns out to be Consig. I came back after a hammer on Jacko, although he turned out to be mafia, so no harm done.
Elastoid
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Elastoid » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:02 pm

pumacatrun2 wrote:
Elastoid wrote:So I feel like really driving that DnD point home.
-snip-

Okay that was defs a great story and I'm actually proud of you but ryanyb is always salty and I don't think it really makes any difference to the game.

Also, even if you didn't want to cc, why would you ask the TI claim(s) to check into oliy if you planned to yourself? I get that it would make you basically not look like a TI for maf/nk kill purposes but you'd be promoting the idea that all TIs only look into one person in a night collectively? Not exactly productive.

Easy. Once Nelly died and NE was taken, I figured "Okay, so Oliy is Framer or Framed." Asking TI's to check him helps to confirm him as scum, or at least means the framer will frame him again so I don't have the same results.

pumacatrun2 wrote:Thinking all the elastoid v oliy stuff has just been dissociating and bussing tbh. But then there's oliy v tat and idek. I hate that in every game I'm in the actual townies end up feeling so scummy, constantly makes me doubt myself. But yeah, I agree with Ryan's later amendment. Would prefer oliy be kept alive over tat and elastoid, maybe we actually give them a chance to ignite. If they were arso with no firebrand it would be suicide to ignite because the people left over would lynch him. I say give benefit of the doubt.

Also, assuming tat really isn't survivor, amne would have remembered by now for sure since they had the opportunity to pick between town, witch and mafia (unless they reeeally wanted an NK role I don't see them waiting out this long) so I think we're dealing with a phantom/shade.

I'm not Arsonist. I'm pissed PKR claimed just before I posted my results :( but ryanyb is GUARANTEED lying about his role and Oliy is Framer or Framed.
Elastoid
Veteran
Veteran

Postby pumacatrun2 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:07 pm

oliy wrote:Ryan the only person who dies through my ignite is Tat. I was RBed N1 remember, an I can't ignite Arsonist doused, nor can they mine.
Elasroid can't flip mafia by your logic as he lied about your role and claimed he was Framed the same night, and disguisers don't fool sheriff's too.

My problem with igniting is that I can be utilized instead of simply confirmed. If I ignite with Tat being executed I do nothing this game, as I can only ignite once. Elastoid execution is safer, I want to be utilized, and we can eliminate a false cit claimer easily this way.

Lynch a cit claimer/cc'r/scummy person, Santa executes Elastoid, oliy ignites tat?
That could actually work. Plus, through deathnotes and 4 people dying if the arso ignites too it'll be easy to tell they did.

Again, this would be suicide for oliy if they were arso so I'm more inclined to believe them or at least let them prove themselves. Problem is, if you were both mafia it could possibly end in mafia majority if you were both alive tomorrow and the maf kill was on town and elastoid was indeed framed. But with Elastoid's defense about ryan being salty over dnd and whatever bullshit vs oliy some more, yeah, I think it's better to give oliy a chance. If they tell the truth, we get rid of tat without wasting an execute/lynch, if they are arso they'd be suiciding and if they are mafia there's a hell of a lot of dissociation between them and Elastoid, Tat etc.

P-edit I never accused you of being arsonist I think you're probably just mafia tbh

rip my win/loss ratio
pumacatrun2
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby ryanyb » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:15 pm

Tiltedcomedian wrote:Santa is Jailor, yes.

asdfasdf town.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby pumacatrun2 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:15 pm

VidameBianca wrote:Posts continue to confuse me :?: :?: :?:

What?

You get confused really easily, don't you? Pretty sure most of your ISO is just you being confused and I don't even have to look.

rip my win/loss ratio
pumacatrun2
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby ryanyb » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:16 pm

Elastoid wrote:I'm not Arsonist. I'm pissed PKR claimed just before I posted my results :( but ryanyb is GUARANTEED lying about his role and Oliy is Framer or Framed.

Coming from the confirmed Mafia member, you're asserting that I'm actually not cit and am investigator if I read your reads correctly. What's the point. Elastoid, just shut up -.-
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ryanyb » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:17 pm

*You're asserting that I'm Investigator. What's the difference, I'm still town.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ryanyb » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:21 pm

VidameBianca wrote:I think TiltedComedican would be more likely to be RT cit than PokemonKidRyan.

pumacatrun2 wrote:
VidameBianca wrote:Posts continue to confuse me :?: :?: :?:

What?

You get confused really easily, don't you? Pretty sure most of your ISO is just you being confused and I don't even have to look.

yes

I think it's likely they both end up flipping scum and that anime name person that starts with T flips NB.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:22 am

Kirize12 wrote:

If that's the case then they'd get the least deserved win I've ever seen and I want to execute them to insure their loss.

Well, I was gonna suggest executing the surv claim anyway, as survivors normally need to be eliminated quite quickly.
If jailor executes Tat tonight, who should we lynch today? And what should Oliy do tonight?
My personality:
Spoiler: Image

My alts were EdwardMidford and TsuchiyaTenaka. I apologise profusely for being bad and hiding behind them. I ask for forgiveness but know that won't be a simple feat. Please stop bringing up my past, as I'm striving towards a new future. I just sometimes struggle to show that I truly want said change.
PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby Elastoid » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:02 am

ryanyb wrote:
Elastoid wrote:I'm not Arsonist. I'm pissed PKR claimed just before I posted my results :( but ryanyb is GUARANTEED lying about his role and Oliy is Framer or Framed.

Coming from the confirmed Mafia member, you're asserting that I'm actually not cit and am investigator if I read your reads correctly. What's the point. Elastoid, just shut up -.-

I'm not confirmed mafia, it's confirmed that RTD claims there was a mafia result on me. Which, to me, confirms either 1) there's a Framer or 2) (less likely) RTD is lying and mafia.

Considering how many people read RTD vs Gent as SvS, it's interesting that you'd ignore both options, Ryan.

So no, I'm not asserting you're Investigator. I'm asserting you're Consig.
Elastoid
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:35 am

Elastoid wrote:
ryanyb wrote:

I'm not confirmed mafia, it's confirmed that RTD claims there was a mafia result on me. Which, to me, confirms either 1) there's a Framer or 2) (less likely) RTD is lying and mafia.
Considering how many people read RTD vs Gent as SvS, it's interesting that you'd ignore both options, Ryan.
So no, I'm not asserting you're Investigator. I'm asserting you're Consig.

Well Elastoid. I don't think you was globally townread anyway. So using the arguement that about RTDvGent is SvS, it isn't fully true.

I think that RTD is probably either sheriff or consig... Because he caught the sk perfectly.

However, sorry that I claimed too soon :P

Why should we believe you aren't mafia Elastoid?
Who do you think we should lynch / target?
My personality:

My alts were EdwardMidford and TsuchiyaTenaka. I apologise profusely for being bad and hiding behind them. I ask for forgiveness but know that won't be a simple feat. Please stop bringing up my past, as I'm striving towards a new future. I just sometimes struggle to show that I truly want said change.
PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby Elastoid » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:58 am

PokemonKidRyan wrote:Well Elastoid. I don't think you was globally townread anyway. So using the arguement that about RTDvGent is SvS, it isn't fully true.

I think that RTD is probably either sheriff or consig... Because he caught the sk perfectly.

However, sorry that I claimed too soon :P

Why should we believe you aren't mafia Elastoid?
Who do you think we should lynch / target?

My lynch target would be Oliy. He's association city, and given the choice between Oliy is Framer and Oliy was Framed, Framer seems a better option. He's been pushing me ever since he decided that Jord could be a good mislynch. For the longest time, he refused to post any evidence to back up his push, but still encouraged TK to attack me. Then once he was browbeaten into posting an actual read, he backed off his "Elastoid is definitely scum" read and went into "He should be roleblocked," which could easily be code for "he should be checked by TIs."

If he thought I was scum, he wouldn't put so many "This post is townsided" posts in his ISO read of me. It wasn't a PBPA -- he hand-wavingly dismissed posts a couple times, saying "then you post a bunch of stuff that looks town." If he was townreading me, he wouldn't go to such lengths to post evidence I'm scum. Not to accuse him of FENCE SITTING, but what the fuck was the result of all his evidence? An indecisive shrug. Meanwhile, as soon as there's a Sheriff result on me, he hits the ground running again, despite our being unsure as a unit whether RTD is actually Sheriff. He's done his best to head off defenses and prevent discussion from being listened to, trying to push a mob mentality.

I would lynch Oliy and execute Ryan, if it were up to me. I know Ryan is lying about his role. Now, if he thinks I'm Consig, he hasn't shown it, he's just hand-wavingly said "If I'm lying then you're saying I'm Investigator, and you're confirmed mafia, so there." His Citizen claim MIGHT have made sense from a town perspective, but even more than Oliy, he's pushed a mob mentality. He called me out less than 24 hours into the day for not posting, when HE KNOWS I WORK those hours. We've discussed my schedule for DnD, and I've made it CLEAR that I work every night until Tuesday. That information slipped his mind to the point where when he asked himself, "Why isn't Elastoid posting," he didn't think "because he's at work," but "because he's scum." That's pretty interesting if it's an accident.

Further, the TI/RT slot is getting really crowded with my result on Ryan. There are essentially four claims of TI -- me, RTD, Kirize and Ryan (who didn't claim, but his result was Consig/Invest). In order of my own belief, I obviously put me first, then I put RTD, Kirize and Ryan. RTD's behavior struck me as very PR-like when I was questioning him, which is why I dropped my interrogation without much explanation. Kirize I'm neutral on -- I was generally townreading him, but I don't have any strong evidence to back it up, so I'll probably just check him, as Executioner probably can't exist and the only other option is Disguiser.

Ryan, on the other hand, hasn't appeared at all interested in investigating to find the truth, he seems more interested in investigating to find the best lynch target. He was dismissive of my claim very quickly and is trying to plan town's actions and shit. Basically, a post can be either investigative or persuasive. A post that's designed to elicit more information would be investigative. You ask open-ended questions like "what do you think of X" or "where do you think we should be looking for a lynch?" The kind of questions YOU just asked, which elicited this long post in response, and therefore did its job of generating more information.

Ryan's posts seem to be more about persuasion than investigation. He's posting to get people to agree with him, and rally behind his plan. He started doing so in the first 24 hours of the day, which is VERY suspicious. I feel the correct, town-sided method is to be investigative early, until you feel you have definitive proof, and then to swap to persuasion only when you're 100% convinced. Ryan just can't be 100% convinced as Citizen, so I find his persuasive posting to be incredibly fishy.
Elastoid
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Elastoid » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:06 am

As for why you should believe me, I don't know. I've done my best to pursue my reads to the best of my ability, and used them to guide my checks, but a claimed and semiconfirmed sheriff posted a mafia result on me. I don't know that I'd believe me in your shoes. Best-case scenario is that if I'm mislynched, everyone at least has taken a position on me.

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably be thinking "Elastoid wasn't pinging me as scum, and I don't trust any of the reads others have posted on him, because I know they aren't from meta -- they only recently learned he was scum in 9B, and that was just his second game -- so the reads against him seem engineered, either because they WANT to think he's scum, or they want others to believe he is. Still, RTD wasn't pushing them earlier, and now he is. I'd have to lean scum based on my read of RTD as town, but I'll do my best to investigate and see who seems MOST sure. I'll seem open to all possibilities and get more out of Elastoid in his defense. It's possible he'll flip town, and if that's the case, I want to look at who was most behind his lynch. And if he flips scum, I'll want to see who was most persuaded by his case and look for scumbuddies."
Elastoid
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:00 am

Ok then. I think you aren't the biggest priority to be lynched. And your responses were stupendous!!!
Like, WOW!

I have suspected Oliy for quite a while. So I agree he should be executed/lynched.
However the other person is difficult for me. I think that either Tat or Ryan should be the other person we target.

Surv claims always make me feel uneasy, I don't know why... I think Magnasword has finally persuaded me as to how evil survs are.
Ryan hasn't been posting evidence behind his suspicion of you, he needs to use more quotes and more points to bring up his suspicion.

And, to say the least, all I can say is I understand why I shouldn't be scum reading you so quickly right now. Fair play.
My personality:

PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby PersianRugs » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:09 am

I would lynch the survivor because of the bad experiences I had in ToS. Survivor can screw us over and they are a safe lynch. They say that survs should claim on D1 or they are scum if they claim later.
Spoiler: 7D- Citizen(Dead) Lost
SFM7- Gunslinger(Replaced in)(Dead) Lost
CFM9- Doctor(Dead) Won
7R- Arsonist(Dead) Lost
7H- Citizen(Dead) Lost
SFM11- Wizard(Lived) Won
7I- Pakhan(Replaced in)(Dead) Lost
SFM12- Citizen(Dead) Lost
CFM12- Ce-Matoran(Lived) Won
SFM14- General(Dead) Lost
8D- Citizen(Dead) Won
TFM16- Mafia Mayor(Dead) Lost
Episode IX- Bodyguard(Dead) Lost
TFM20- Traitor(Lived) Won
9B- Witch(Dead) Lost
9C- Transporter(Dead) Lost
9D- Arsonist(Replaced in)(Dead) Lost
9E- Ongoing
9F- Ongoing
PersianRugs
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby ryanyb » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:38 am

I'm not reading any of elastoids walls. It's just more incriminating. Also he said that in consig/invest which is wrong because I'm cit lol. I recommend you all ignore them too.
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads