TFM18 | AoM: War of the Titans | Titans Win! (World Reborn)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Metrion, FM Game Moderators

Re: TFM18 | AoM: War of the Titans | D3 (Humanity's Cry)

Postby deferentsheep » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:46 pm

mmmmm cyan must have been mafia or else we would have been endgamed already by 2v2.

swords being town is legitimately retarded i can't even. the only reason he would be killed is to dodge protectives, i.e. retral who is town

neasans was clearly who cyan wanted to mislynch at mylo, i doubt bussing in that situation annnnnnnnnnnd that leaves us at

/vote elastoid

you played well tbh, better than cyan.

also i think i wasn't killed because the mafia assumed i didnt have multiple shots (i dont, that would be overpowered)
bound to the sky for eternity, the unbudging god is all-knowing, all-seeing
deferentsheep
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby RetralMega » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:48 pm

/vote Elastoid
You're top scum now.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby RetralMega » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:49 pm

Got roleblocked, btw.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby Neasans » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:02 pm

Elastoid wrote:Actually, it makes more sense for deferent to be the one to hold off.

Most likely scenario in my mind is that deferent would be attacked, not Swords. If that's the case, deferent probably shot Swords, was probs defended by Retral, and will die as soon as the day ends.

If all that is the case, then we would expect Retral to claim he defended deferent and def to come out as a NGISV. This would lead to Neasans being the only one remaining who could be mafia.

The other possibility is that deferent ISN'T a NGISV, and the mafia attacked Swords, not def. If that were the case, I'd expect the person who paid the least attention to be scum, which would have me leaning towards Retral.

Wait, seriously? Did you just conveniently forget that Cyantic fakeclaimed and tried to get me mislynched on MyLo?

This honestly sounds to me like you're the last Mafia, since you aren't considering that detail.

/vote Elastoid
I will never forgive what you did. Nor can I forget.

But I will give you a chance.

-

FM History: 21-33-2 (I hate everyone)

Play a great text-based RPG with me!
Neasans
Philanthropist
Philanthropist

Postby RetralMega » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:15 pm

So there's no way to skip to night or something? We seem to be in agreement.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby Elastoid » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:31 pm

RetralMega wrote:Got roleblocked, btw.

BY WHOM?

Fucking lying ass motherfucker. Found our scum right here.
Elastoid
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Elastoid » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:32 pm

/unvote
/vote Retral
Elastoid
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Elastoid » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:34 pm

K so here's the deal -- I wasn't keen on assuming Retral was mafia because of the instantly voting Cyantic and staying on him the whole game, but I guess that could have been distancing.

There's no way Retral COULD have been roleblocked if we're 2v2. No one claimed a roleblocking role, so we'd be assuming the mafia simultaneously KILLED A GUY and roleblocked, which we've no reason to believe they could do.
Elastoid
Veteran
Veteran

Postby RetralMega » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:38 pm

Why even claim roleblocked if I were mafia and you were being lynched anyway?
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby Elastoid » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:43 pm

RetralMega wrote:Why even claim roleblocked if I were mafia and you were being lynched anyway?

For the same reason you'd target Swords when he was going to be auto lynched? You're not very bright, and not paying a whole lot of attention?

Seriously, anyone else would have been auto win. We were all voting Swords next.

Let's assume for a moment that I'm mafia, though. Why would I target Swords, rather than deferent? Even if deferent lived through the night (according to your fake claim), that'd still be fine, because we'd immediately lynch Swords, then he and def would die at the same time.

No one has been roleblocked up to this point -- even after deferent asked for protection day 1 (thus would be an obv roleblock target). If the attack on Swords was "to avoid protectives," then obv a roleblock wouldn't come into play.

In other words, there is no version of reality in which you were roleblocked.
Elastoid
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Elastoid » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:47 pm

Neasans wrote:Wait, seriously? Did you just conveniently forget that Cyantic fakeclaimed and tried to get me mislynched on MyLo?

This honestly sounds to me like you're the last Mafia, since you aren't considering that detail.

/vote Elastoid

You're right, I honestly didn't consider that. I sort of tuned him out and started talking about Donald Trump.

Take the next 24 hours to consider the following

-- Why would I have targeted Swords instead of Deferent?
-- How could Retral possibly have been roleblocked?

Even if you were positing that I could kill AND roleblock, that would make killing Swords a GAME-LOSING PLAY, because I could just as easily kill deferent. Again, according to Retral, he was roleblocked -- thus mafia would know there was no protection. It doesn't add up.
Elastoid
Veteran
Veteran

Postby RetralMega » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:18 pm

You make absolutely no sense. I was roleblocked and if one of you confirms it, I'm proven as well as the one who roleblocked me.

Killing Swords should be considered gamethrowing for scum.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby Elastoid » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:51 pm

See, this is what I mean. No one claimed to have a roleblocking role. Neasans claimed stump, deferent claimed one-shot vig, and I'm Citizen.

If I'm scum, then I'm the one who roleblocked you... and then killed SWORDS? In order for you to have been roleblocked:

1) I would have to be a Consort who didn't roleblock deferent n1 (after he asked for protection)
2) I would have to be a Consort WHO COULD ATTACK THE SAME NIGHT. Not a common role, but I guess not unheard of
3) I would have to be a Consort who roleblocked the only protection AND THEN DIDN'T GO AFTER THE CONFIRMED TOWN in deferent. As you said, that'd be so dumb it'd be gamethrowing.

So... yeah. You 100% weren't roleblocked.
Elastoid
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Arcthurus » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:06 pm

Votecount:

Elastoid (3) deferentsheep, RetralMega, Neasans
RetralMega (1) Elastoid

Spoiler: Image

Spoiler:
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby RetralMega » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:07 pm

So def and I are both scum? You're voting me for being roleblocked. Why would I claim being roleblocked if I wasn't? What would I gain? It makes absolutely no sense unless this game was actually Bastard after all.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby Elastoid » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:19 pm

RetralMega wrote:So def and I are both scum? You're voting me for being roleblocked. Why would I claim being roleblocked if I wasn't? What would I gain? It makes absolutely no sense unless this game was actually Bastard after all.

No, def isn't scum. I'm not scum. There is only one scum. Turns out, it's you.

I'm voting you for CLAIMING roleblocked. Tell me, then, who roleblocked you. How does it make sense in your head?
Elastoid
Veteran
Veteran

Postby RetralMega » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:30 pm

I don't know. I was roleblocked. It doesn't say who, but I assume Naesans. I've had him read as Town since D1. He could have you know, lied about his role to avoid Mafia.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby RetralMega » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:40 pm

Spoiler:
Hades

The brother of Zeus, and owner of the Underworld, where he ruled the dead and accepted those who arrived. In rare occasions, Hades allowed living mortals to enter the underworld and then leave again. Even more rarely did Hades free the dead to return to the living.

(A) Hades' Gift - Each night, choose a player. If they're attacked, they will instead die at the end of the next Day phase. You are notified of this, but they are not.
(P) Ruler of Hell - You possess the above trait as a passive, meaning that if you are attacked at any time, you will survive one extra phase.

You win when all evil deities have been destroyed.

My rolecard.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby Elastoid » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:42 pm

Great.

Retral is modkilled. Good news at least is that it's 3v1 (now 2v1 if he didn't edit his rolecard) so I guess /vote Neasans
Elastoid
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Elastoid » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:47 pm

Well I was wrong and the game is over and I hate everything
Elastoid
Veteran
Veteran

Postby moonbird » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:09 pm

is this an appropriate time to post
moonbird
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Neasans » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:11 pm

Retral wat

My scumread on Elastoid stands.

moonbird wrote:is this an appropriate time to post

zzzzzzzzzzz
I will never forgive what you did. Nor can I forget.

But I will give you a chance.

-

FM History: 21-33-2 (I hate everyone)

Play a great text-based RPG with me!
Neasans
Philanthropist
Philanthropist

Postby Arcthurus » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:08 pm

Will be taking care of this tomorrow.

Spoiler:
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Arcthurus » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:55 am

With the world pratically devastated, Zeus finally felt the weight of the Titans' promises and corruption...and a voice he thought never would be heard again. Kronos, his father.
The king walked towards his brother. How could have he been so blind? It was obviously him, who else could've it be?
And Kronos rejoiced as both his sons fought against each other, the youngest winning after a long battle - It was finally time.

Hades, God of the Underworld, is gone.
(User RetralMega)
And with the jailor of the damned out of his way, the path of the Titans is clear. Zeus, too possessed with his rage, didn't notice when his last ally was struck down.

Anubis, God Powerless, is dead.
(User: Elastoid)

It's over now...The Titans had destroyed the world, the gods, and Olympus. Nothing stood in their way anymore, and now a new "Golden Age" would finally begin.

The Titans razed the empire of the gods to the ground. They reign supreme!

Spoiler:
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Re: TFM18 | AoM: War of the Titans | End Credits

Postby Arcthurus » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:56 am

Cast:

Swordsworth - Hermes
TheCow - Apollo
Cyantic - Heimdall
RetralMega - Hades
Metrion - Ra
VonAntarctic - Loki
Elastoid - Anubis

Neasans - Gaia
deferentsheep - Prometheus

Arcthurus - Zeus

Moonbird - Secret Bastard Mechanic-Player

Rolecards:

Spoiler: Gods:

Hermes

The messenger of the gods, Hermes wore a winged cap and winged shoes. He presided over shepherds, trade, land travel, literature, athletics, oratory, and even thieving -- any activity requiring agility.

(A) Divine Emissary - Each day, send an anonymous message with 200 characters to a player. They can reply back. You may do this twice per day phase.
(A) Outspoken Deity - During the day, choose a player. You will both share a QuickTopic for conversation during the next Night phase.

Apollo

Twin brother of Artemis, born from the titan Leto, Apollo was an oracular god—the prophetic deity of the Delphic Oracle. Medicine and healing are associated with Apollo, whether through the god himself or mediated through his son Asclepius, yet Apollo was also seen as a god who could bring ill-health and deadly plague.

(A) Oracle of Delphi - Each night predict who will be lynched the next day. If correct, you will gain night immunity for the next night only.
(A) Divination - Select a player. If they are targeted by a protective role they will share the effect onto you; if you are targeted by a killing role you will share the effect onto them.
You may use both abilities each night.

Heimdall

The White God, Heimdall guarded the rainbow bridge known as Bifröst connecting Midgard (the mortal world) and Asgard (realm of the gods), judging who was allowed to enter the norse heaven. He's attested to having very keen eyesight, hearing, and perception.

(A) Judgement of the Guardian - Twice per game, choose a player during the night. You will discover if they are on your side or not.
(P) The Lone Warrior - No means of protection may save you, should they exist.

Hades

The brother of Zeus, and owner of the Underworld, where he ruled the dead and accepted those who arrived. In rare occasions, Hades allowed living mortals to enter the underworld and then leave again. Even more rarely did Hades free the dead to return to the living.

(A) Hades' Gift - Each night, choose a player. If they're attacked, they will instead die at the end of the next Day phase. You are notified of this, but they are not.
(P) Ruler of Hell - You possess the above trait as a passive, meaning that if you are attacked at any time, you will survive one extra phase.

Ra

Ra is the god of the Sun and King of the Gods. In mythology, Ra was the first to rise from Ocean Nun, the watery abyss that existed before everything. It was not long before other gods were created; all originating from Ra himself.

(P) The First God - While still a powerful god, you have grown tired and old, having to rely on your knowledge alone to identify who is being manipulated by the Titans.

Loki

The son of giants, Loki was the fire god, but also a mischievous trickster and shape-changer who grew bored with the repetitive life of the gods. Many of his exploits caused great damage or hurt, but he was usually quick enough to restore order and prevent complete disaster.

(P) The Deceiver - While being the god of lies and deception, even the Titans' manipulation goes undetected to you. To prevent an early Ragnarok, you must make use of your wits alone.

Anubis

Son of Osiris and later adopted by Isis, Anubis was associated with funerary rites. One of his notable roles was during the "Weighing of the Heart," in which it was determined whether a soul would be allowed to enter the realm of the dead.

(P) Weighting of the Heart - Despite not having your weighting scale, you should still be a good judge to decide which gods have not had their minds corrupted.

Titans:

Gaia

Gaia is the great mother of all: the primal Greek Mother Goddess; creator and giver of birth to the Earth and all the Universe; the heavenly gods, the Titans, and the Giants were born to her. However the current pantheons of gods are nothing more than fools, and now the very world turns against them.

(A) Mother Earth - Each night, choose a player. You will gain knowledge regarding the target’s nature (Flavor), but you will not learn their full power.
(A) True Nature - Once per game, you may choose to discover the true power of who you target with the above ability.
(P) One With the Earth - Whenever you were to die, you will instead become a talking tree; your rolecard and alignment won't flip. You will be able to talk in the game thread and the Titan chat, but for all other effects and purposes you will be dead.

(P) Titanomachy - You know Osiris, Poseidon and Thor are not in this game. You also know there are no third-party in this game. You may request a fakeclaim from the moderator at any time, with no cost or cooldown. You may kill in conjunction with your night actions.

You are able to communicate with your fellow Titan, Prometheus, [url=link]here[/url] whenever you want.
You win when all gods have been crushed under your might.

Prometheus

During the first Titan War, Prometheus sided with Zeus against the Titans. However after gifting mankind fire stolen from Mount Olympus, Zeus severely punished him. Now that the titans are on the verge of taking over again, it is time to have your revenge.

(A) Prometheus' Cunning - You may use each ability below once:
  • Gift of Courage - (Day) Challenge a player in combat. All current votes will be wiped out, and only you and your target may be voted that day.
  • Gift of Intelligence - (Day) You gain a hidden second vote. This cannot be used if the number of Titans equals the number of Gods minus 1.
  • Gift of Fire - (Day OR Night) Burn a god with the fire of Mt. Olympus, effectively cleaning them if they are to die in the same phase.
  • Gift of Meat - (Night) Grant an offering to a player, effectively roleblocking them.

(P) Titanomachy - You know Osiris, Poseidon and Thor are not in this game. You also know there are no third-party in this game. You may request a fakeclaim from the moderator at any time, with no cost or cooldown. You may kill in conjunction with your night actions.

You are able to communicate with your fellow Titans, Gaia, [url=link]here[/url] whenever you want.
You win when all gods have been crushed under your might.

Night Actions Spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Mafia Chat QuickTopic:

http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/sURLH6ymRiB7

Hermes' N1 QuickTopic:

http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/6sWsHquqbrs8

Spoiler:
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

PreviousNext