Broadcasting

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

Broadcasting

Postby SpyderCanopus » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:46 am

How do you broadcast your game to youtube or twitch?
SpyderCanopus
Investigator
Investigator

Re: Broadcasting

Postby oliy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:28 pm

¯\_(=•ᴥ•=)_/¯
You can get a screen recorder like Bandicam and upload it later on, but I personally have no experience with livestreams besides watching them.

Old Signature Stuff:

Spoiler:
Hi! I'm Eve the Eevee! Please give me a hug :3
You can also hurt/heal me here!

My Stuff
oliy
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby mmss5joker » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:35 pm

Get a screen recorder.......I don't think Town of Salem has a recording option.
IN GAME NAME: Suicidal Bob

CHECK THIS OUT, YOU WON'T REGRET IT: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=36703
mmss5joker
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby BananaMonkeyTaco » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:23 am

First of all, YouTube broadcasting is a big no because from what I've seen there is little to no way to control a sizable chat. Keep videos to YouTube & streaming to Twitch. I have done a bit of both so I'll explain how I do it.

For YouTube I use FRAPS which does cost a little bit of money, but it is simple and easy to use. Of course you'll quickly have tens of gigabytes of space used up because there is no compression for FRAPS so you'll need something that can do that. I use Sony Vegas to edit/render videos but it does cost quite a lot of money (over $500 I think) but you know, there is definitely no way to find a free download and then get a free activation key and I obviously didn't do that. The plus of using Sony Vegas is that you can also use that to record your microphone audio and use FRAPS to just record the game's video & audio. Then you can change the volume of you compared to the game volume after you're done recording. After you're done rendering you can start uploading it on YouTube and pray to god it doesn't fail in the middle of an upload

For Twitch I personally use OBS because it's free and not an absolute piece of crap. First thing you're going to need to do is go into your Twitch dashboard and find your broadcasting key. Copy it and paste it into the stream key box in OBS's broadcast settings (which is found in settings). You probably also want to turn off the "Automatically save stream to file" & "Keep recording if live stream stops" options because you don't really need them on since you can send the entire broadcast to YouTube through Twitch if you have it saving your past broadcasts. To stream the game itself you can go one of two ways depending on if you have the Steam version or not. The Steam version is a bit easier so I'll start with that. First you need to open the game itself. Then you have to right click in the sources, hover over "Add" and select Game Capture and make sure it's set to Town of Salem. Fiddle around with the resolution of the game window and what it will stream for a bit until you find what's best. Remember that you don't want to stream full 1080p since the stream will get extremely blocky if you're not streaming fast enough to keep up with the changing video, but this is mostly a problem with games besides Town of Salem though. If you aren't using the Steam version then you'll have to open up the browser and go to the Town of Salem page. I would recommend keeping it in another window rather than another tab because I think it'll keep the stream to only that window so you'll be able to look at other things in another browser window and not have to worry about it appearing on stream, no guarantees by the way. Now instead of selecting Game Capture in sources you should select Window Capture. Past this point though it's pretty much the same as the Steam version.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
BananaMonkeyTaco
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby ibney000 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:03 pm

*cough* Open Broadcaster is best caster *cough*

Try it out. Completely free and is a recording device and streaming device. Takes a bit of work to set up though. But that's with every streaming device.
ibney000
Forger
Forger

Return to Off-Topic Discussions