SFM15 | III | Game Over | Mafia Wins | Karma is a Bitch

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: SFM15 | III | Day 3 | The Gods Awaken

Postby Alzar » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:53 pm

(I'm not actually of voting age.)
Spoiler: FM Record Image
Click here if you like crime games/text RPGs.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Alzar
FM Logo Winner
FM Logo Winner

Postby TheCow » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:54 pm

If I die and flip scum, 0 difference. WCS, if I'm lynched, there's one additional vote swing, in scum's favor.
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:55 pm

The gods might potentially fuck with us with their kill so lynching Cow is safer I suppose.

Gobln wrote:FurCakez isn't so great? Are you kidding? When was the last time you saw a player with such an ability in Forum Mafia? Cakez takes the game in another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a player with his skill and passion for the game again. gobln breaks records. FurCakez breaks the rules.
SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby Alzar » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:58 pm

what is vote swing??? how is it here???
Alzar
FM Logo Winner
FM Logo Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:01 pm

SirCakez wrote:The gods might potentially fuck with us with their kill so lynching Cow is safer I suppose.

You know what- you're right, I'm actively leaking dead chat so that Scum will win.

Or you can think Cow is Town, then we godkill someone else Town, and you're screwed anyway. So I guess you have no actual playable Town option besides pray (to this God) that I mean well, huh?
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town

Postby Alzar » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:02 pm

/pray to Rick

did it work that time ;-;
Alzar
FM Logo Winner
FM Logo Winner

Postby Watt2015 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:02 pm

Rickdaily12 wrote:
SirCakez wrote:The gods might potentially fuck with us with their kill so lynching Cow is safer I suppose.

You know what- you're right, I'm actively leaking dead chat so that Scum will win.

Or you can think Cow is Town, then we godkill someone else Town, and you're screwed anyway. So I guess you have no actual playable Town option besides pray (to this God) that I mean well, huh?

Yea, pretty sure this God means well.
Favourite Quote:
Spoiler:
leeten wrote:Are you even an IC holy fuck you pandering pile of shit

You should probably click this.
Watt2015
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Rickdaily12 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:02 pm

Rickdaily12 wrote:

/sarcasm in case I have to say it
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Rickdaily12

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:03 pm

Rickdaily12 wrote:
SirCakez wrote:So then who do you want to godkill?

Gobln kills, I decide whether or not to veto. That's how we work.

And I'm not going to tell you either way. <_<

I mean I was going off of posts like this which imply a mischievous intention.

Gobln wrote:FurCakez isn't so great? Are you kidding? When was the last time you saw a player with such an ability in Forum Mafia? Cakez takes the game in another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a player with his skill and passion for the game again. gobln breaks records. FurCakez breaks the rules.
SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby The11thdoctor » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 pm

Alzar wrote:/pray to Rick

did it work that time ;-;

also this^^^
The11thdoctor
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: your mind... you dont think so...*chuckles* check again

Postby Rickdaily12 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:09 pm

Now let me put this out there.

I am practically outright asking this Town to seriously consider killing Cow so that we have reasonable cause not to. His play is cringeworthy and his words are either of bad Scum or even worse Town.

And the only way for him to avoid dying is to stop failing at trying not to suck.

Rickdaily12

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:20 pm

If you aren't godkilling him we're lynching him basically.

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby TheCow » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:23 pm

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6098
If anyone is taking anything from Rick seriously, by the way, you clearly know nothing.
TheCow
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby KingOfEvil » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:24 pm

SirCakez wrote:KOE you didn't answer this earlier. Who do you think is scum?

Depending on the alignments of Varanus and LoF, I can more safely name scummy things rather than scum. Nothing as erroneous as a nolynch either, I didn't see that as scummy coming from Mela.

It is surprising the four that I consider doing and saying questionable things so far were the middle four voters on Mel's wagon as well. These are not scum accusations, just pointing out activities I feel are scummy which is compounded by the mislynch votes, and require further justification of why they are not scummy actions.

Alzar
Spoiler:
Alzar wrote:I understand that you might not be comfortable with doing something, but the letters should be a side project, at most.

Alzar wrote:nobody gives a fuck about letters rn

Alzar wrote:try voting and unvoting everyone in thread
then posting every possible permutation of the letters
maybe also trying to give it to every player in the game

Alzar wrote:buddy, if you think worrying about cryptic letters is more important than lynching someone who's scummy and obsessed with said letters, then you need to think about your life decisions

You pushed aside the letter puzzle multiple times as shown above. Invested town members in this game would seek information and astutely speculate on puzzles such as that, especially in a closed game with such chaos and utility in a controlled manner, just like Mel was doing. It was clear Mel was distressed and focused on her task at hand for the good of the town, to which distracting from and then lynching Mel is the worst possible thing to do in assisting her I must say.

The last bit of advice you gave to Mel was more distracting than helpful, which could be intentional. Every permutation of the letters? All 6+ billion of them? And directing attention away from the puzzle as well, from the letters to the players. Granted, we didn't know for sure if the letters were fully related to Mel at this point either.

Invenio wrote:I can't solve the game for you guys.

Proving that this is just more than a normal mafia scum hunt game. Those playing the game as if items, exceptions, and puzzles don't exist are more likely to be scum than not. Those playing with full awareness of trying to discern everyone's item potential, all possible utilities and surprises, and trying to solve unknowns are more likely to be town oriented.

SirCakez
Spoiler:
SirCakez wrote:Literally all of Mel's scumreads are based on the items and letters thing, none are actually from scumhunting.

SirCakez wrote:Pretty sure the letters form a sentence rather then a word since I can't think of a word this long.
Graveyard thing might be samples of how people will flip idk. Its not really relevant.

The same reasoning applies to you as Alzar in regards to brushing aside Mel because she was actually putting forth effort into solving this game, and then you're one of the ones who lynched her which effectively puts a halt to that, even when she asked for more time. As I said already, I do firmly believe that discerning everyone's items takes slight priority over regular scum hunting. Scum reading a town member who is doing just that is counter productive and slightly scummy itself. It's also funny that both things in that last quote of yours was actually relevant, the letters and the graveyard, when you said they weren't. It's this kind of brushing aside of certain puzzling elements just for the sake of possibly and ultimately mislynching that I find slightly scummy.

RhazhBash
Spoiler:
RhazhBash wrote:Fyi stop revealing your roles. The fake claiming was fine, but ffs don't claim D1.

This was posted after potential D3 mishaps were brought up in regards to items. Mel especially said her item could harm the town as well. Why should anyone who knows there is possible imminent danger keep it a secret? Should these people with items that have possible downsides wait until the last couple of hours to reveal before deaths come? Obviously not. RhazhBash's response to possible D3 dangers seems more like coercion in silencing those who need to actually speak up.

Interestingly enough, there is this distancing between Alzar and Rhazh on this topic:

Alzar wrote:
RhazhBash wrote:Fyi stop revealing your roles. The fake claiming was fine, but ffs don't claim D1.

okay that's just bullshit are you saying people shouldn't post warnings about important shit

Whether this is a genuine reaction or not, I thought it would be good to make note of it.

Watt2015
Spoiler: Your original item... is suspiciously neutral oriented. I know it can be used effectively on multiple sides, and trading exists as well. I already made the point that items may not be fully related to alignments, but yours just seems so universal, haha. It could just be the nature of the item's name though.

You said you refused to trade your new item away, knowing well you could have died last night and lost completely. That is very noble to not give it to LoF. Though you also stated that you would have traded it back for your remote! Meaning you don't desire the item, obviously. Why would you want your remote back so badly? LoF's item I'm sure would have been more useful to you than the doll if you were looking to ditch it, clearly. My suspicions raise when there was no NK, and only you claimed roleblocked. I have enough sense to not completely write you off after 8D now in regards to a neutral role, hence my suspicions, haha. This is also given that you mislynched Mel on top of all this.

The rest of you can play with the other neutral players and your cows for the time being, whether it will get us anywhere in the end is the question.
KingOfEvil
Jester
Jester

Postby Alzar » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:28 pm

if you're obsessed with "solving" things to substitute actual scumhunting, then you're in the wrong game.

at this point i'm honesty just critiquing your playstyle, don't take this the wrong way but i've played in quite a few closed games and nothing is at it seems. just for reference so you remember in any future games, but night actions or whatever should never mean more than the game of mafia itself
Alzar
FM Logo Winner
FM Logo Winner

Postby KingOfEvil » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:30 pm

Chaos and utility throw all regular means out the window. I never said to completely ignore them, just give the element of surprise more priority so we can work around it in scum hunting.

We have two players who were not even in the game playing with us now for D3, for god's sakes.
KingOfEvil
Jester
Jester

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:32 pm

KOE's scumhunting sucks. All based on items and game mechanics, nothing that's actually scummy. Exactly how you aren't supposed to play the game.

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby Alzar » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:33 pm

except if you read mela's posts, she was basically doing no scumhunting and instead ranting about the dead bodies, the letters, the bag, pretty much everything that should be a side project at most when compared to actually pushing reads and trying to find scum.

chaos and the element of surprise is not universal, nor can it be accounted for, but scum are always scum.
Alzar
FM Logo Winner
FM Logo Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:35 pm

Alzar wrote:except if you read mela's posts, she was basically doing no scumhunting and instead ranting about the dead bodies, the letters, the bag, pretty much everything that should be a side project at most when compared to actually pushing reads and trying to find scum.

chaos and the element of surprise is not universal, nor can it be accounted for, but scum are always scum.

She had no idea what chaos was going to come out of her item. She was afraid it was going to be apocalyptic.

Hell, ask everyone here if Gobln and I are considered that- you'll probably get mixed answers.

You killed her for saying she was too focused on that bag and not confident enough in making a kill. That was just dumb, I'm sorry.

Rickdaily12

Postby Watt2015 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:35 pm

To answer your question as to why I wanted my item back, well... A. ITS MINE and B. I wanted Cow to have his item when he got lynched, effectively removing it from play with it's sole owner
Favourite Quote:
Spoiler:
leeten wrote:Are you even an IC holy fuck you pandering pile of shit

You should probably click this.
Watt2015
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:36 pm

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:37 pm

This game is MAFIA. Not "solve the anagram kek". The items and anagrams and shit should not be anyone's priority here. The priority is finding and killing scum.

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

Postby Rickdaily12 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:39 pm

SirCakez wrote:This game is MAFIA. Not "solve the anagram kek". The items and anagrams and shit should not be anyone's priority here. The priority is finding and killing scum.

"[If you don't solve this puzzle within the item, you probably cause the death of most of your friends]"

Get told something like that- I'm pretty damn sure you'd panic the way she did as well.

Watt2015 wrote:To answer your question as to why I wanted my item back, well... A. ITS MINE and B. I wanted Cow to have his item when he got lynched, effectively removing it from play with it's sole owner

By the way, doesn't the doll give you a trading power?

If so, why do you still have it?

Rickdaily12

Postby Alzar » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:39 pm

"not confident in making a kill" rick were you reading this game, she made pretty much no actual reads and was basically going "how DARE you scumread me for doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! i would like to inform you that this entire time i was PMING INVENIO, and furthermore, [insert a bunch of insults]"

i stand by my vote at that time, and i can't regret not having information that i had no way to have in the first place
Alzar
FM Logo Winner
FM Logo Winner

Postby SirCakez » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:40 pm

Did you actually read her item Rick?
and he was roleblocked.

SirCakez
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner
[Forum Mafia IX] Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads