Les Miserables

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

Les Miserables

Postby mmss5joker » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:13 pm

If you haven't watched the movie or read the book. Your missing out on life

Its one of the best things I watched and read.
Last edited by enderitem on Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not double post but use the edit function instead.
IN GAME NAME: Suicidal Bob

CHECK THIS OUT, YOU WON'T REGRET IT: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=36703
mmss5joker
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: Les Miserables

Postby oliy » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:00 am

I know people who have read it, enjoyed it, and constantly refer to it.
It's loooong though, and I doubt I'll have much time to tackle it except for maybe over the summer.

Old Signature Stuff:

Spoiler:
Hi! I'm Eve the Eevee! Please give me a hug :3
You can also hurt/heal me here!

My Stuff
oliy
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby ibney000 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:16 am

It's Gud 7/10

-Ibney
ibney000
Forger
Forger

Postby Kmenx » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:24 am

It s not gut it s butter 8/10

It s a good musical I liked it
You can find me in discord at Disguiser#5127

Spoiler: My FM record:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Kmenx
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby ibney000 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:26 am

Kmenx wrote:It s not gut it s butter 8/10

It s a good musical I liked it

Books better. Though it doesn't have a man screaming AND IM JAVERT! Or a kickass song about people singing of songs.
ibney000
Forger
Forger

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:01 am

I saw the musical about two years ago being performed by a local theatre group. I also had a lot of friends in high school who adored the musical and film. As for the book I don't think I'd ever get around to reading it.
Spoiler: Image

in the distance the shelves
rode three shadows of blue
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby ZSSDistortion » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:03 pm

I've seen the film in school, and I enjoyed it. It helped break the boredom that is RE(Religious Studies) too. If I feel like it then I might get the book later, though I won't go to see the musical as I'm not that much of a theatre person.

FM Record
17-13-1
ZSSDistortion
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Wirewolf » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:38 pm

"Do you hear the people sing?"

No, and neither should you. The June Rebellion was a joke. Only 3000 people rebelled, many of them Poles, Italians and Germans. The rebellion started when the rebels hijacked Lamarque's funeral. The rebellion couldn't make it out of the eastern and central parts of Paris, never mind the city. They decided to fortify themselves in the historical centre of the city, risking damage to hugely important and magnificent historical buildings. I mean, the freaking Marquis de Lafayette, who was a close friend of Lamarque, appealed for calm. There's a big difference between the French Revolution, where a despot was overthrown by an overwhelming majority of the populace, and a extremist minority without a mandate trying to force their will on the majority by attempting to overthrow the government in a rebellion that could not realistically have achieved anything but getting people killed.
Wirewolf
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby ibney000 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:02 pm

Wirewolf wrote:"Do you hear the people sing?"

No, and neither should you. The June Rebellion was a joke. Only 3000 people rebelled, many of them Poles, Italians and Germans. The rebellion started when the rebels hijacked Lamarque's funeral. The rebellion couldn't make it out of the eastern and central parts of Paris, never mind the city. They decided to fortify themselves in the historical centre of the city, risking damage to hugely important and magnificent historical buildings. I mean, the freaking Marquis de Lafayette, who was a close friend of Lamarque, appealed for calm. There's a big difference between the French Revolution, where a despot was overthrown by an overwhelming majority of the populace, and a extremist minority without a mandate trying to force their will on the majority by attempting to overthrow the government in a rebellion that could not realistically have achieved anything but getting people killed.

Shush now no one needs to know how much of a failure it was. Just celebrate the characters and the songs it has brought.
ibney000
Forger
Forger

Postby mmss5joker » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:08 pm

ibney000 wrote:

Shush now no one needs to know how much of a failure it was. Just celebrate the characters and the songs it has brought.

lol, we already saw Enjorlas get shot....just enjoy the movie.
IN GAME NAME: Suicidal Bob

CHECK THIS OUT, YOU WON'T REGRET IT: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=36703
mmss5joker
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Kmenx » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:20 am

IT S JUST A PRANK BRO

-Enjorlas-
You can find me in discord at Disguiser#5127

Spoiler: My FM record:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Kmenx
Vigilante
Vigilante

Return to Off-Topic Discussions