Playing as a mayor

Post anything related to the game here!

Playing as a mayor

Postby Ragnarok95 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:37 pm

Well one game ago i was playing the role (Mayor) Day one a guy start asking my role and acussing me, i say nothing before that. He is an invest, he keep pushing against me, he invest me results are normal for a mayor and i just try to avoid the guy who keeps acussing me, no one is follow the guy in the votes, he publish the result of invest, i say nothing bc have no time, day 3: Im dead vigi shot me. This happen in ranked practice, this 2 guys keep saying bad things to me in the dead chats. Town lose the game.

Did I do something wrong? Opinion
Ragnarok95

Re: Playing as a mayor

Postby itslitatthenightsh0w » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:16 pm

claim survivor day 1 survivor is the most helpful role so everyone wants to keep you alive. Then you reveal at the last second i was spy all along ecks dee.
CALL ME ITSLITATTHENIGHTSH0W, BECAUSE I'M LIT (AT THE NIGHT SHOW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA6W2pOi3XY
itslitatthenightsh0w
Witch
Witch

Postby Descender » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:58 am

I can't wait until you get 150 posts and become a Trusted User, as I would love to see some screenshots from these amazing games you play. Or you could just post links now!
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby JoltikIsDubby » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:03 pm

Personally, I might have actually shot you too just because you were trying to ignore the accusation. I think the best thing to do would've been to claim Invest and quickly throw together a fake will. Mayor (and maybe Jailor if it's on the rolelist) is, imo, the only role in which it's okay to lie about your role because you can insta-confirm yourself at any given point during the day. If you get pushed on or voted up, you can just reveal and boom, insta-confirmed.
Hi. I'm an enormous wild card. About half of the time, I'll carry. The other half of the time, I'll be 5 IQ. Half of the time, I'll play super aggressively. The other half, I'll play it really safely.

Last updated: 21:28 EST, 1/23/19
FORUM MAFIA
3 Wins - 2 Losses - 0 DNF - 2 iP
Spoiler: Image
JoltikIsDubby
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby sportakus1 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:54 am

As mayor, I try to tp/lo on me until people get suspicious and TRY vote on me, then I reveal to basically not advance the "sus level" on me so they will focus on other silent people.

Its also better to reveal D2 or D1, best D2 as during N1 if there is doc and u ask tp/lo, the doc needs be on you atleast during N1, then D2 you can say (or reveal) that ur mayor and everybody who CCes u, reveal after all CCs to litteraly "cockblock" all CC on u and makes them sus themselfes.

I made maf make being exe, but later on turned out he couldnt be exe cus was witch game so we haged last maf that claimed D2 I was maf.

So yeah. Reveal not too late, but not D1 always.
My Role Ideas:
Informator

List of roles I like:
Spoiler: -investigator
-Consigliere
-Jailor
-Retributionist

List of roles I do not like:
Spoiler: -Framer
-Medium
-Mayor
-witch
-werewolf
(Only if someone else play werewolf role.)
sportakus1
Medium
Medium

Postby Magnasword2 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:20 pm

I'd say this is classic bad vig play. As a mayor you don't really have to do anything unless it's counter productive to town not to do things.
https://www.youtube.com/user/magnasword2evo
twitch.tv/magnasword2

Youtuber,Streamer and lover of all strategy games

Names in game: Too many to count.
Magnasword2
Benefactor
Benefactor

Return to Town of Salem Discussion