Blank Media is as bad as E.A

Post anything related to the game here!

Blank Media is as bad as E.A

Postby shadowstalker517 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:30 am

This game was started as a rip off of the game mafia, and now is extremely unfair to quite a lot of people. Lets say you get banned or suspended, sucks but whatever I can go to the forum and ask why right? No not really asking why can get you suspended for longer. There is no alert or reason shown when you are banned. The amount of customer unfriendliness is ridiculous, I can't load into the game without getting a pop up about buying merit points or skins. And now you are becoming pay to play which is fine, but still having micro transactions just to play the roles you want is unbalanced, if someone buys the game they should have the same experience as anyone else. Also while being free to play you could buy the coven dlc and have the full game, but if you bought the steam or web version you had to pay 5 more to get coven, which was unfair. The business practices and unfriendly attitude of this company are why botters are attacking this game, they are fed up with Blank Media and have done something to be heard, Blank media can silence anyone they dont like but they cant silence the botters.
These are my pent up thoughts about a game I used to love playing. And hell I know I will get suspended from the forums for this post.
shadowstalker517
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Blank Media is as bad as E.A

Postby greenrabbit7 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:27 am

This game is not a rip off of the game mafia, it is literally the game mafia. It markets itself as that. If you argue your case in the appeals section, you don't get suspended for longer. All the cases I have seen are either nothing or less. Not to mention all reports are cleared after a year or something. Yes, there isn't, but you can go to the trialbot for that. It's annoying, but why is it bad? Hell, it's just one or two when you load it up. I don't like buying skins myself, but a popup can be closed. There are not microtransactions to play the roles you want. Scrolls are earned using merit points, which... is actually kind of ok? Unless you mean coven. I don't like the non merit point stuff, but what you're arguing isn't... really the problem. Everyone has the same experience. Yes, for some people it takes longer to get a scroll, but even with a scroll you can theoretically not get the role you're using the scroll for ever. It's chance. Honestly, while unfair, nothing is stopping you from playing it on a non-steam client. I don't think it's a problem with unfriendliness. It's not giving a shit. They worked hard on the bots, but the problem is it was just that and the majority of reports are still unsolved. We just don't have bot reports now. And the bots were silenced. They're gone.

No, you won't be banned. But parts of the post may be deleted, so here's a quote: Spoiler:
shadowstalker517 wrote:This game was started as a rip off of the game mafia, and now is extremely unfair to quite a lot of people. Lets say you get banned or suspended, sucks but whatever I can go to the forum and ask why right? No not really asking why can get you suspended for longer. There is no alert or reason shown when you are banned. The amount of customer unfriendliness is ridiculous, I can't load into the game without getting a pop up about buying merit points or skins. And now you are becoming pay to play which is fine, but still having micro transactions just to play the roles you want is unbalanced, if someone buys the game they should have the same experience as anyone else. Also while being free to play you could buy the coven dlc and have the full game, but if you bought the steam or web version you had to pay 5 more to get coven, which was unfair. The business practices and unfriendly attitude of this company are why botters are attacking this game, they are fed up with Blank Media and have done something to be heard, Blank media can silence anyone they dont like but they cant silence the botters.
These are my pent up thoughts about a game I used to love playing. And hell I know I will get suspended from the forums for this post.
greenrabbit7
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:37 am

People who are being suspended or banned from the forums are being who are toxic people who aren't adding anything to the community. The same is said for the game. There are lots of valid criticisms about us, all still available to be read. We ask the when discussing changes or actions that people refrain from personally attacking staff or other players. It has been in our terms of use forever. Things will be changing moving forward to make the game fresh, fun, and balanced as we transition from FTP to PTP. This also means changes to many of the issues that you have.
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby abizoey » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:51 am

PyromonkeyGG wrote:People who are being suspended or banned from the forums are being who are toxic people who aren't adding anything to the community. The same is said for the game. There are lots of valid criticisms about us, all still available to be read. We ask the when discussing changes or actions that people refrain from personally attacking staff or other players. It has been in our terms of use forever. Things will be changing moving forward to make the game fresh, fun, and balanced as we transition from FTP to PTP. This also means changes to many of the issues that you have.

Saying that devs think calling someone a 'snowflake' constitutes harassment is a fact, not a personal attack, and yet someone got temporarily forum banned for it.
abizoey
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:47 am

Spreading misinformation is also not okay. We haven't suspended anyone for calling people snowflakes.
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby abizoey » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:10 am

PyromonkeyGG wrote:Spreading misinformation is also not okay. We haven't suspended anyone for calling people snowflakes.

It's not misinformation. Maybe it might be a better idea to ask people why they're making claims like that instead of just removing the comments and banning them?

http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=2975416#p2975416

Blue was being a bit toxic as well, calling everyone elo scrubs, snowflakes and saying he can "do whatever the fuck he wants".

That's the explanation achilles gave for upholding a suspension for harassment.
abizoey
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:18 am

Toxic behavior is not going to be okay. We want everyone to have a friendly, and fun place to hangout and have discussions. People being toxic doesn't contribute anything to that.
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby abizoey » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:25 am

PyromonkeyGG wrote:Toxic behavior is not going to be okay. We want everyone to have a friendly, and fun place to hangout and have discussions. People being toxic doesn't contribute anything to that.

It's your game and your right to take that stance, but then can you stop calling it "misinformation" and banning people for criticising it?
abizoey
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby shadowstalker517 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:12 pm

Im not trying to attack anyone its just extremely frustrating not being able to do much about these problems, I just need to vent.
shadowstalker517
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Achilles » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:53 pm

shadowstalker517 wrote:Also while being free to play you could buy the coven dlc and have the full game, but if you bought the steam or web version you had to pay 5 more to get coven, which was unfair.

The Coven DLC has always been $10 (total purchase) and still is. Not sure what you're saying here? There is no way for a free user to get into Coven without paying $10. You can buy web premium / steam / mobile premium first if you want for $5 but then Coven is still $5 after that no matter what way you slice it.
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Postby WittyRecluse » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:01 am

PyromonkeyGG wrote:Toxic behavior is not going to be okay. We want everyone to have a friendly, and fun place to hangout and have discussions. People being toxic doesn't contribute anything to that.

I don’t get it - first it’s “misinformation”, then it’s “toxic behavior” after being proven to be true - when the comment was a one line, factual comment? If repeating an opinion of the devs is considered toxic then that’s pretty shocking.
WittyRecluse
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby WittyRecluse » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:13 pm

ShuuIwamine wrote:
PyromonkeyGG wrote:People who are being suspended or banned from the forums are being who are toxic people who aren't adding anything to the community. The same is said for the game.

That's a bad joke, good sir. I mean, hundreds of people have been banned for gamethrowing falsely, have they not? For example, the whole "you have to claim on the stand or get banned" thing. You developers even admitted this was not gamethrowing, and that people should not be banned over this, but then all it took was TP threatening you, and you all backed down. Since then, he's completely changed the rules of the game to make claiming fake roles as Town gamethrowing no matter when or why you do it, to make not counterclaiming throwing, etc. This was supposed to be a game of lies and manipulation, and now it's just...VFR. I stopped playing ages ago, because it's simply not fun anymore, and you developers aren't doing anything to fix this because you don't want to lose your best volunteer, who never should have been given this much power. In general, there should never be just one person in charge, with no one who has power to oppose them.

I'm sorry that you don't enjoy the game, YamiChan, but the community has agreed that those are gamethrowing if done again and again with clear intent to troll, as you do.
WittyRecluse
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby abizoey » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:22 pm

Yami please, if you're going to make an alt at least make it less obvious.
abizoey
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby mdb1023 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:35 pm

Uh no lol. EA is bad because they're a money hungry company that already has a huge amount of wealth and employees.

BMG is a much smaller company that has far less employees and far less wealth at their disposal. BMG moving to P2P is something they're doing out of necessity, where as EA would do so out of greed. You have to look at the motives for the choices made rather than the choices themselves.
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby mdb1023 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:43 pm

Well, no, they specifically said it wasn't for financial reasons. They're clearly doing fine financially because Pyro actually said in another thread that this is going to cause them to lose money, so if it was a financial problem it probably would have been switched to P2P long ago.
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby shadowstalker517 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:46 am

Achilles wrote:
shadowstalker517 wrote:Also while being free to play you could buy the coven dlc and have the full game, but if you bought the steam or web version you had to pay 5 more to get coven, which was unfair.

The Coven DLC has always been $10 (total purchase) and still is. Not sure what you're saying here? There is no way for a free user to get into Coven without paying $10. You can buy web premium / steam / mobile premium first if you want for $5 but then Coven is still $5 after that no matter what way you slice it.

Ya im not going to lie I didn't think that one through I will concede to you on that one subject.
shadowstalker517
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Magnasword2 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:17 am

shadowstalker517 wrote:"This game was started as a rip off of the game mafia, and now is extremely unfair to quite a lot of people."

Game was originally based off Starcraft 2 mafia, which is a free source game, The game was free for 5 years. I don't see how that is unfair. What was unfair was the ridiculous amounts of bots flooding the free game awhile back.

"Lets say you get banned or suspended, sucks but whatever I can go to the forum and ask why right? No not really asking why can get you suspended for longer."

Well that depends if you properly appeal instead of yelling obscenities and just raging.

"There is no alert or reason shown when you are banned."

In my Experience bans in this game are accompanied by either a moderaters observation or other players group banning some one because they have indeed said horrible stuff. It's very likely you'll know the reason you were banned

"The amount of customer unfriendliness is ridiculous, I can't load into the game without getting a pop up about buying merit points or skins. "

Valid as fuck. Now the game isn't free to play these adverts should be limited to unintrusive corner spots, or exclusively advertising the coven as that part of the game could do with the attention.

"And now you are becoming pay to play which is fine, but still having micro transactions just to play the roles you want is unbalanced"

Wut. You aren't locked out of roles. it's literally just manipulating rng.

"if someone buys the game they should have the same experience as anyone else. "

ERRRRRP Wrong. Games consitently have add-ons and dlc that change game experience. If someone buys the game they get the base game experience not to extended experience.

"Also while being free to play you could buy the coven dlc and have the full game, but if you bought the steam or web version you had to pay 5 more to get coven"

I could swear Coven was steam only because Coven required additional data on the pc version. What is this?

"The business practices and unfriendly attitude of this company are why botters are attacking this game, they are fed up with Blank Media and have done something to be heard, Blank media can silence anyone they dont like but they cant silence the botters."

Yeah no. This is the same on all Social deduction. if you went to Throne of lies you could be banned for sneezing or calling a Physician a "Doctor". if you went to epic mafia they can suspend you for not playing the games meta tactics. These games are insane man this situation is not unique to BMG. The botters however are because the game was was attached to a forum system which made it easy to hack etc.

But hey just because it's common doesn't make it right for sure. But well if someone was yelling at me for really stupid reasons I'd probably mute em too.

"These are my pent up thoughts about a game I used to love playing. And hell I know I will get suspended from the forums for this post."

Probably not dude. I've done way worse than you and I'm still here.

https://www.youtube.com/user/magnasword2evo
twitch.tv/magnasword2

Youtuber,Streamer and lover of all strategy games

Names in game: Too many to count.
Magnasword2
Benefactor
Benefactor

Return to Town of Salem Discussion