Remembering

Post anything related to the game here!

Remembering

Postby PieGuy1207 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:48 am

So, as you might be able to tell from my signature, I've been playing this game for a while. However I just got back into it after an extended break and I've been having a lot of fun playing again. I've also been thinking about some of the things that use to be in the game and were removed over the course of the 3 or so years I've been playing. So I figured I'd make this thread to talk about these things and any stories anyone might have related to any of these things that have been changed.

Off the top of my head, here are a few major things that would be worthy of discussion in some regard, feel free to tell me if I missed any.

1) The OG ranked role list that didn't have mafioso, so if gf was jailed or blocked mafia instantly lost

2) The old invest results had some...interesting moments. Off the top of my head there was the gf/mayor result that led to "player x, reveal or die" as well as the trans/arso and the result of just about every arso game "no one has been trans'd, so player z is arso"

3) Old school mayor games, and the one person who always refused to do them because mayor games were bullshit and was always lynched

4) Back when disg use to suck even more than it does now, and all people had to do to counter it was write their name in the first line of their will(I still do this out of force of habit btw, does anyone else?)

5) When spy needed to confirm all that had to happen was someone spy tested him by whispering a random phrase like "in the night" or something to that effect and have spy tell them what they whispered.

6) To counteract spy games as mafia during a jan/consg game, they would have mafioso spam roles for 5 seconds and somewhere in the middle the jan/consg would say the name of the guy they cleaned/invested.

So what do you guys say? Any funny memories related to any of these? Any broken features in the game that I forgot about?
In game name Joe Danger
Playing since 2014
Town winrate is way too high. If you don't think so you're wrong
Vamp is an awful role
Hardcore Boston sports fan
PieGuy1207
Medium
Medium

Re: Remembering

Postby Shilster » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:43 am

I remember 5 and 6, because I joined before the Spy nerf.

7) VFR,
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby kosmo16 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:05 am

At some point WW wasn't night immune :P
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Shilster » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:06 am

And when Arso douses weren't silent.
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby kosmo16 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:03 am

Shilster wrote:And when Arso douses weren't silent.

I remember the days, I was always dousing generic names n1. Once I doused Mayor N1. He was afk N1, so didn't know about it. At the end of the game, it was me, forger, mayor, 2 other Townies (one of them doused). All Town knew I am Arsonist and other guy is Forger. Mayor said: "I am not doused, just lynch Forger". We lynched Forger, I ignited Mayor and a Townie. In 1v1, I had to won, because a remaining Townie wasn't the Veteran. It was so epic win ;)
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:14 am

When mafia could have 6 members, although I never saw that.
I also miss the times when "the godfather and his little friend" was the song of the login screen.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Wirewolf » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:52 am

kosmo16 wrote:At some point WW wasn't night immune :P

Yeah, only night immune on full moons. Made it amazingly UP. Made winning as Mafia that much easier though - basically had a Neutral Killing that provided you got a little lucky would help cut the Town down and then you could easily kill it when it had outlived it's usefulness with no voting majority required. Having said that, it did once result in a hilarious victory (which I suspect I've mentioned before, but I will bring it up here for nostalgia's sake).

It was late game and I was the Werewolf. The Town consisted of the Executioner, all three Mafia and myself. Now, I'm understandably thinking I'm doomed here, but I have a sole lifeline - the Executioner had said in chat after he won that he wanted to win with a difficult role rather than the traditional two factions. Desperately I whisper to him saying "I'm WW. Please help." And wouldn't you know it, but he started saying "I think inno" and encouraged an acquittal. So, thanks to this guy and I think the acquittal of another Mafia member I was acquitted and the day ended. That night I killed one of the Mafia who didn't side with me and whilst they attacked me. The Mafia spend the next day trying to persuade the Executioner to vote with them, but he stands firm. Still I'm thinking; "Well, RIP me tonight". Next day dawns and it turns out the Mafia attacked the Executioner! By this point they're panicking and beg him to vote with them but he's worked out their fatal mistake and refuses. I maul the Mafia member who could've lynched me that night so I can question the Godfather, whilst Mafia attack me like they should've done the night before. We vote them up despite their pleading with the Executioner and the defence is: "It's not fair! You're both immune!" To say the Mafia were salty was an understatement.
Wirewolf
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Dangmanx » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:11 pm

When this trash punk member vampire didn't bite mayor because he thought he was immune to bites and COST US THE FREAKING GAME IN RANKED.

That's when I start calling people trash punks. That was the birth of "trash punks" I was raging smh..... I still can't believe I lost the game.
Dangmanx
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Cirque » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:18 pm

Dangmanx wrote:When this trash punk member vampire didn't bite mayor because he thought he was immune to bites and COST US THE FREAKING GAME IN RANKED.

That's when I start calling people trash punks. That was the birth of "trash punks" I was raging smh..... I still can't believe I lost the game.

This isn't exactly on topic, lol
I totally remember the old Investigator results, and I kinda miss them since they had less than 4 and some had 2
I like having 3 to 1 result makes it easier
Didn't Amnesiac have their own result?

FM Record: 8 - 1
Cirque
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Cirque » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:18 pm

Joacgroso wrote:When mafia could have 6 members, although I never saw that.
I also miss the times when "the godfather and his little friend" was the song of the login screen.

Ugh I miss that song toooo

FM Record: 8 - 1
Cirque
Mayor
Mayor

Postby DragonClaw66 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:36 pm

Cirque wrote:Didn't Amnesiac have their own result?

Your target does not remember their role. They must be an Amnesiac.
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:54 pm

I also miss the flavour text of investigative results.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Shilster » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:43 pm

Framer/Forger owo
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Dangmanx » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:21 pm

When these trash punks gave us JAILOR as Executioner target.

When I made a thread about it everyone was like "It's fine, there's nothing wrong with it" or "deal with it".

Now look lmao.
Last edited by Dangmanx on Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dangmanx
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Shilster » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Trans/Ret is still exe target
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Dangmanx » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:48 pm

Shilster wrote:Trans/Ret is still exe target

Where do you see me saying Trans/Ret 12 year old kid.
Dangmanx
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Shilster » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:56 pm

Dangmanx wrote:
Shilster wrote:Trans/Ret is still exe target

Where do you see me saying Trans/Ret 12 year old kid.

1. I was not talking to you
2. lol no
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Gregreat » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:43 pm

Dangmanx wrote:When these trash punks gave us JAILOR as Executioner target.

When I made a thread about it everyone was like "It's fine, there's nothing wrong with it" or "deal with it".

Now look lmao.

I remember getting Jailor as Exe target...
I got him lynched D4. Then he got rezzed. Then he got lynched again D5.

Full disclosure, though, the second time around was him getting spite-lynched by Town because they had identified the last evil, the WW, and Jailor was insulting everyone's intelligence for lynching him the first time. Town knew WW couldn't kill N5, so they took the time to shut the Jailor up again. That was a fun achievement...
Signature is closed pending a request for "subtle gay". If anyone can offer subtle gay to my signature, feel free to PM me.
Gregreat
Retributionist
Retributionist

Return to Town of Salem Discussion