Witch is stupid

Post anything related to the game here!

Witch is stupid

Postby Elusivr » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:03 am

Why the hell did the witch get a huge buff when it's already op af? They can find gf/mafioso and kill mafia, they can expose evil roles to town and throw. (throwing is when you force yourself to lose, if all evil roles die witch loses.)
Elusivr

Re: Witch is stupid

Postby LordOfSalemTown » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:09 am

Elusivr wrote:Why the hell did the witch get a huge buff when it's already op af? They can find gf/mafioso and kill mafia, they can expose evil roles to town and throw. (throwing is when you force yourself to lose, if all evil roles die witch loses.)

When evils die usually Witch loses but not always since they can almost go for any role (Vigilante etc.)
If they can't find mafia there is same problem again.
All you find are Town the others mafia. Simple logic.

Also calm down a little bit mate :)
LordOfSalemTown
Survivor
Survivor

Postby JamesD28 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:46 am

Well in terms of actual win rates, Witch is absolutely nowhere near "op af". It faces the threat of instant loss from being killed by its own allies, and its win condition depends on the victory/defeat of another faction.

Also, the buff didn't really add anything which a skilled player can't already do. All it does is spoon-feed information to noobs who can't scumread and deduce roles from the effects of their actions.

I can't find my FM record
You probably don't care anyway
JamesD28
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Postby Wirewolf » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:50 am

Most of Witch's life is spent avoiding being killed by your allies until end game (and even then lots of Mafia have a habit of killing them anyway). The only circumstance where Witch is OP in my experience is when it's able to fully co-ordinate with Mafia and particularly a Consigliere, in which case it can completely trash your opponents (e.g. using Werewolf to take out Serial Killer or Jailor, blocking Protectives from healing, using Vigilantes and Veterans to kill important Townies, etc). That's quite a difficult situation to get into though and Witch is really held back by the fact that it can be quite easily killed out of spite or just bad luck.
Wirewolf
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby ElizabethBathory » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:26 am

I don't agree with you. Witch can be killed by Jailor, Vig, Vet (not sure on that one though), Maf, Gf, SK, WW and Arso. And doesn't auto-win when dead like in some town games.

A decent witch must scumread a lot, find evil, then work with them while doing all of that being under the radar ! In non-whisper games, it can cost you your life.

I don't think it's easy to win, but i find it fun to play with nonetheless. Enjoying these risky plays :).
IG Names : Serenity / RandomLynching
ElizabethBathory
Jester
Jester

Postby Damafaud » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:31 am

ElizabethBathory wrote:I don't agree with you. Witch can be killed by Jailor, Vig, Vet (not sure on that one though), Maf, Gf, SK, WW and Arso. And doesn't auto-win when dead like in some town games.

A decent witch must scumread a lot, find evil, then work with them while doing all of that being under the radar ! In non-whisper games, it can cost you your life.

I don't think it's easy to win, but i find it fun to play with nonetheless. Enjoying these risky plays :).

I won't complain if they remove Witchsigliere and give Witch an auto vest instead.
Hi.
Toasts are nice. And cookies. COOKIES!

Damafaud
Consort
Consort

Postby Tricks » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:48 am

Damafaud wrote:
ElizabethBathory wrote:I don't agree with you. Witch can be killed by Jailor, Vig, Vet (not sure on that one though), Maf, Gf, SK, WW and Arso. And doesn't auto-win when dead like in some town games.

I won't complain if they remove Witchsigliere and give Witch an auto vest instead.

this.
Tricks
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby BlazinIce » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:14 am

Tricks wrote:
Damafaud wrote:

this.
How to get unlimited Town Points in Town of Salem
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Mortician -A Neutral Evil Janitor that buries lynches. Has over 100 supporters!
Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante

Return to Town of Salem Discussion