becoming a moderator

Post anything related to the game here!

becoming a moderator

Postby biggishparrot5 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:46 pm

Hi I'm biggishparrot5 and I was wondering how I can apply to become a moderator. I believe I have enough experience required to join the mods but i would like to ask what the requirements are as I have not seen any forum on them.

Thanks!
biggishparrot5
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: becoming a moderator

Postby stacks2 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:13 pm

You have to be an ahole that will ban anyone for any reason then you can apply.
stacks2
Executioner
Executioner

Postby EqsyLootz » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:14 pm

stacks2 wrote:You have to be an ahole that will ban anyone for any reason then you can apply.

You see, this user in particular.

--> Support Racism https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewReport.php?id=3373161

Proceeds to call the mods a-holes over a complete justifiable ban.
k then.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Flavorable » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:22 pm

biggishparrot5 wrote:Hi I'm biggishparrot5 and I was wondering how I can apply to become a moderator. I believe I have enough experience required to join the mods but i would like to ask what the requirements are as I have not seen any forum on them.

Thanks!

You don't apply to become a Moderator. Becoming a Moderator is even that much more difficult to do than becoming a Judge. Judges are handpicked by the rest of the staff (when we need Judges, which is hardly ever), and Moderators are handpicked by the Admin and the three current GMods, when we need one. And generally: We don't need one.

To become any form of staff member, you need to first and foremost not ask to become one, because that immediately puts you on the "never gonna get it list", your votes in the Trial System need to be accurate, you generally need to rack up quite a bit of TR, you need to participate in the Trial community, you need to be trusted, you need to fit in with the current staff, you need to be active on the forums.. I could go on listing things forever, but I'm sure you catch my drift.

In the case of 99,9% of the community: You don't become staff.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Aubrieta » Sat May 28, 2022 5:51 pm

Flavorable wrote:
biggishparrot5 wrote:Hi I'm biggishparrot5 and I was wondering how I can apply to become a moderator. I believe I have enough experience required to join the mods but i would like to ask what the requirements are as I have not seen any forum on them.

Thanks!

You don't apply to become a Moderator. Becoming a Moderator is even that much more difficult to do than becoming a Judge. Judges are handpicked by the rest of the staff (when we need Judges, which is hardly ever), and Moderators are handpicked by the Admin and the three current GMods, when we need one. And generally: We don't need one.

To become any form of staff member, you need to first and foremost not ask to become one, because that immediately puts you on the "never gonna get it list", your votes in the Trial System need to be accurate, you generally need to rack up quite a bit of TR, you need to participate in the Trial community, you need to be trusted, you need to fit in with the current staff, you need to be active on the forums.. I could go on listing things forever, but I'm sure you catch my drift.

Yeah, I get that you need a good, trustworthy team and it's a position that can potentially be abused and give a bad rep to the entire team, but with that being said, how do you account for the seemingly eternal short staffing of the team which I saw many posts saying the team that reads the reports is extremely short staffed?
Aubrieta
Survivor
Survivor

Postby James2 » Sun May 29, 2022 2:21 am

stacks2 wrote:You have to be an ahole that will ban anyone for any reason then you can apply.

Not for any reason. Only if you dissent from the woke party line.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby EqsyLootz » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:13 pm

Aubrieta wrote:
Flavorable wrote:

Thanks!

Yeah, I get that you need a good, trustworthy team and it's a position that can potentially be abused and give a bad rep to the entire team, but with that being said, how do you account for the seemingly eternal short staffing of the team which I saw many posts saying the team that reads the reports is extremely short staffed?

The team that reads the reports are jury members which are NOT staff. Judges however are staff and they administer actual punishments. You can become a juror by having 151 games played and by visiting this website
https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

I suggest reading the juror guide and familiarizing yourself with the rules to ensure you do the best voting possible. Also I recommend joining the Trial System Discord Server for help from trusted Jurors.. But as far as I'm aware the juror system isn't ridiculously understaffed.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby James2 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:31 am

EqsyLootz wrote:But as far as I'm aware the juror system isn't ridiculously understaffed.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=120127#p3617953
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Aubrieta » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:34 am

EqsyLootz wrote:
Aubrieta wrote:
Flavorable wrote:

Thanks!

The team that reads the reports are jury members which are NOT staff. Judges however are staff and they administer actual punishments. You can become a juror by having 151 games played and by visiting this website
https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

I suggest reading the juror guide and familiarizing yourself with the rules to ensure you do the best voting possible. Also I recommend joining the Trial System Discord Server for help from trusted Jurors.. But as far as I'm aware the juror system isn't ridiculously understaffed.

Ok, I will probably sign myself up. Anything helps.
Aubrieta
Survivor
Survivor

Postby EqsyLootz » Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:22 am

James2 wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:But as far as I'm aware the juror system isn't ridiculously understaffed.

I admire the statistics.. I mean- yes they're understaffed but not ridiculously as with the addition of vote weighing reports get closed relatively quickly.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby James2 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:12 pm

EqsyLootz wrote:
James2 wrote:

I admire the statistics.. I mean- yes they're understaffed but not ridiculously as with the addition of vote weighing reports get closed relatively quickly.

GT reports would be closed quicker if jurors spent more time on them rather than e.g. people who disagree with the criminal justice system.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Flavorable » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:25 am

James2 wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:
James2 wrote:

GT reports would be closed quicker if jurors spent more time on them rather than e.g. people who disagree with the criminal justice system.

There is no discernable difference between the reports jurors handle. Almost all active jurors handle reports based on their spot in the juror queue. Furthermore is GT not more important than other categories.
Furthermore, after Monthly events that lasted 1 week out of the month where the most active jurors handle mainly gamethrowing reports, in a setting where only one vote was enough to send it to our Trial Staff, there was still hardly a dent in the GT queue.

GT reports would be closed quicker if people stopped creating blatantly invalid reports.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Town of Salem Discussion