Are hacks in town of salem possible?

Post anything related to the game here!

Are hacks in town of salem possible?

Postby misery96 » Sun May 23, 2021 10:56 pm

So something very suspisicious happened in my last ranked practice game, there was a vig that d2 somehow guessed every maf player, he called it out in chat and then asking town to lynch starting with gf, then mafioso then disguiser, but he did this when the game literally just began, not as a TI role, and somehow guessed every mafia player correct, my theory is this person had a irl friend in the maf that gave him all our names, or he is somehow using a cheating client that revealed all the evil roles and was showing it off, idc about ranked practice to much, and i honestly just left when jailor was gonna exe me, but it definitely confused me how he was somehow able to know everyone who is maf in d2 of the game, without any proof and get it completely entirely right.
misery96
Jester
Jester

Re: Are hacks in town of salem possible?

Postby Ezradekezra » Sun May 23, 2021 11:04 pm

I don't think that I've ever heard of someone hacking ToS (unless xml edits and whatnot count, but they don't affect gameplay), so it's probably just multi-accounting or cheating with a friend
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Joacgroso » Mon May 24, 2021 8:45 am

Considering that the vigi only outed the witch after their identity was revealed in mafia chat, I think it's very likely that the vigi was sharing info with one of the mafia members, probably the one who kept attacking the witch.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby kyuss420 » Sat May 29, 2021 7:38 pm

possible....idk i cant see the first 2 days chat.... but I have been reported for cheating for the same thing - knowing all coven day 2 as vig. I mean, if the whole town has claimed, and theres a known RT in grave yard, and the evils havent openly made a claim day 2, then its fairly obvious who they are....even without ''proof''.

I mean claimers could be lieing, but chances are they arent, (theres only max of 6 liars in a game, and town usually cc liars, so no claimers die fast when Im vig) so you basically have a 75% chance of shooting maf/coven n2, and if you hit a townie, you just settled a 1 for 1 with the person who claimed their role/slot the day before. Its all about the math and optimal plays.

The logic behind it is, if you figure out the 9 town, there is no need to figure out the 4 evils....wasting time waiting for TIs to gather ''proof' is also sub optimal if the 9 town are known....and its pretty much only 7 town, cos 1 is dead and you know youre town.....then if jailor claimed, and LO confirmed some TP on them (or sheriff confirmed someone as inno n1/n2 in coven modes)......that leaves like 3-4 townies to find, even less in many games. If those 3-4 claim day 2 and no one ccs them, then youre gonna take their word for it and start blasting/pushing on the rest....

moral of the story? Claim early day 2 as evil or get blasted by a big brain vigi. Also, always cc your role slot as town....
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby misery96 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:41 am

this was before ppl were claiming beside jailor, and a spy.
misery96
Jester
Jester

Postby EmeraldProductions » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:57 pm

I've had the same experience.

There was a BG that straight up spammed the Maf members and their roles. The TT Doc was confirming it, so we lynched them one by one, surprise surprise they were the same alignments that the BG said they were. Also, the Jailor executed the confirmed Vet saying that it doesn't hurt our chances of winning because the maf was already spoiled. I don't know how the BG did it, unless they were multi-accounting.
EmeraldProductions

Postby Gameboyexa1 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:17 am

i think hacks are possible idk tho
Gameboyexa1

Return to Town of Salem Discussion