"Traitors in Salem: Banshee and Poisoner Ability Reveal!"

Post anything related to the game here!

Re: "The Next Evolution of Salem"

Postby EqsyLootz » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:07 pm

Descender wrote:
jimbon wrote:seems like the devs are trying their absolute hardest to kill any hype for the new update with these teasers. announcing something in the works and then being deliberately obtuse for the next 6 weeks leaving people with no actual information is very weird

theyre also asking to let people down by implying more

Or maybe they're gonna make us get our hopes so low then BANG new huge update.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Descender » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:36 pm

EqsyLootz wrote:
Descender wrote:
jimbon wrote:seems like the devs are trying their absolute hardest to kill any hype for the new update with these teasers. announcing something in the works and then being deliberately obtuse for the next 6 weeks leaving people with no actual information is very weird

what are they gonna do that surprises us that isnt awful
personally i hope for story mode
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Varanus » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:11 pm

Royee wrote:again, if it's what i'm thinking i'm disappointed in devs

at least i have fm

Spoiler: Image
You were expecting a decent signature...

BUT IT WAS ME! DIO!
Varanus
FM Lead Moderator
FM Lead Moderator

Postby Descender » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:26 am

var do you just get summoned if someone says fm three times like beetlejuice or are you lurking in tosdisc for some reason
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby dolphina » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:44 am

Descender wrote:var do you just get summoned if someone says fm three times like beetlejuice or are you lurking in tosdisc for some reason

var is beetlejuice but with fm
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby EqsyLootz » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:00 am

Descender wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:
Descender wrote:

How would story mode work lol.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby EqsyLootz » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:01 am

Varanus wrote:
Royee wrote:again, if it's what i'm thinking i'm disappointed in devs

at least i have fm

Spoiler: Image

Hahahhaa. I had a good chuckle over this.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Descender » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:07 am

EqsyLootz wrote:
Descender wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:
Descender wrote:

How would story mode work lol.

exactly
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:47 pm

There's no way this update is going to be a graphical change. If that were the case they would just outright announce it like the Unity port. This has got to be some sort of either huge rework, new roles, new faction, DLC, or a new Town of Salem game (I hope it's not DLC though because that'll basically make it so nothing would fill in Coven or this new DLC).
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Descender » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:02 am

DiamondRanger8 wrote:There's no way this update is going to be a graphical change. If that were the case they would just outright announce it like the Unity port. This has got to be some sort of either huge rework, new roles, new faction, DLC, or a new Town of Salem game (I hope it's not DLC though because that'll basically make it so nothing would fill in Coven or this new DLC).

why are you assuming the devs wouldnt build up something way overboard
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Royee » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:41 am

Descender wrote:
DiamondRanger8 wrote:There's no way this update is going to be a graphical change. If that were the case they would just outright announce it like the Unity port. This has got to be some sort of either huge rework, new roles, new faction, DLC, or a new Town of Salem game (I hope it's not DLC though because that'll basically make it so nothing would fill in Coven or this new DLC).

hope
Recent Town game - 21A
Recent Mafia game - VFM73
Recent Neutral game - 17B
Royee
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby alex1234321 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:14 am

Descender wrote:

The devs are smart people. They know the game is dying. If they didn't care they probably would let it die and move on to something more worthwhile. Actually, it's highly possible that this is a new game and that they are going to abandon ToS after this. I hope not, but that would definitely qualify as a major change.

They haven't done a really big update since Coven was added in 2017. A small graphical change would do almost nothing to rebuild their playerbase. So I think this is going to be huge.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Royee » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:32 am

a new game sounds promising
Recent Town game - 21A
Recent Mafia game - VFM73
Recent Neutral game - 17B
Royee
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:53 am

just hope the new game is free or that we get something for having payed for ToS
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Descender » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:52 am

alex1234321 wrote:
Descender wrote:

The devs are smart people. They know the game is dying. If they didn't care they probably would let it die and move on to something more worthwhile. Actually, it's highly possible that this is a new game and that they are going to abandon ToS after this. I hope not, but that would definitely qualify as a major change.

They haven't done a really big update since Coven was added in 2017. A small graphical change would do almost nothing to rebuild their playerbase. So I think this is going to be huge.

ok
hear me out
the people who made rapid mode and only noticed that their main admin account was hacked into because the theme changed
can make mistakes
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby alex1234321 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:40 am

Descender wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:
Descender wrote:

ok
hear me out
the people who made rapid mode and only noticed that their main admin account was hacked into because the theme changed
can make mistakes

No one is perfect, but I think it's kind of obvious that the active playerbase is shrinking and will continue to do so unless some sort of action is taken. Considering that the devs have continuously created new skins and changed a lot of the graphics with Unity without a significant increase in the number of active players, they should realize that more graphics aren't going to magically bring players back.

Plus, they created a game with millions of active users and were able to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars to fund a new expansion. They can't be that dumb.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:25 am

I don't think they're hyping this up over the course of 7 weeks for nothing. This is definitely going to be a major change, and if not, I don't really know what to say about the future of ToS, sadly.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:43 am

Descender wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:
Descender wrote:

How would story mode even work? That would be interesting if done right.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Descender » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:13 pm

alex1234321 wrote:
Descender wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:
Descender wrote:

ok
hear me out
can make mistakes

No one is perfect, but I think it's kind of obvious that the active playerbase is shrinking and will continue to do so unless some sort of action is taken. Considering that the devs have continuously created new skins and changed a lot of the graphics with Unity without a significant increase in the number of active players, they should realize that more graphics aren't going to magically bring players back.

Plus, they created a game with millions of active users and were able to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars to fund a new expansion. They can't be that dumb.

they arent dumb
i just dont expect something absolutely amazing
a new game could fail pretty hard
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:30 pm

Descender wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:
Descender wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:
Descender wrote:

ok
hear me out
can make mistakes

they arent dumb

No it's gotta be huge. They've never hyped up anything this big before, (except maybe Coven but tbh I wasn't even playing then so idk) and when they announced the Unity port, it was just announced, finished, done. This has got to be something big imo, because when they bring up expectations so high with something like "The Next Evolution of Salem," I don't think that would just be a Town Traitor rework for example.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Descender » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:34 pm

DiamondRanger8 wrote:
Descender wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:
Descender wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:
Descender wrote:

ok
hear me out
can make mistakes

they arent dumb

No it's gotta be huge. They've never hyped up anything this big before, (except maybe Coven but tbh I wasn't even playing then so idk) and when they announced the Unity port, it was just announced, finished, done. This has got to be something big imo, because when they bring up expectations so high with something like "The Next Evolution of Salem," I don't think that would just be a Town Traitor rework for example.

>new roles
>new artwork
>qol
>all the things that they keep on saying theyll add like the patron stuff

prolly that
still big just
not this HUGE thing you think it is
if it is, i doubt it will be the holy grail everyone seems to be amping it up to be
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:49 pm

Descender wrote:
DiamondRanger8 wrote:
Descender wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:
Descender wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:
Descender wrote:

ok
hear me out
can make mistakes

they arent dumb

>new roles
>new artwork
>qol

prolly that
still big just
if it is, i doubt it will be the holy grail everyone seems to be amping it up to be

Exactly. I think new roles will be the minimum of this update, maybe even new roles AND new artwork, but I would also expect a new faction or game partly as well, but imo I wouldn't be disappointed with 7 new roles, since that's really all I want besides maybe a TOS sequal and new Custom features.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Descender » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:18 pm

DiamondRanger8 wrote:
Descender wrote:
DiamondRanger8 wrote:
Descender wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:
Descender wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:
Descender wrote:

ok
hear me out
can make mistakes

they arent dumb

>new roles
>new artwork
>qol

prolly that
still big just

Exactly. I think new roles will be the minimum of this update, maybe even new roles AND new artwork, but I would also expect a new faction or game partly as well, but imo I wouldn't be disappointed with 7 new roles, since that's really all I want besides maybe a TOS sequal and new Custom features.

buddy
why do you want a sequel to a game like tos
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:21 pm

Descender wrote:
DiamondRanger8 wrote:
Descender wrote:
DiamondRanger8 wrote:
Descender wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:
Descender wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:
Descender wrote:

ok
hear me out
can make mistakes

they arent dumb

>new roles
>new artwork
>qol

prolly that
still big just

buddy
why do you want a sequel to a game like tos

That would be awesome. They could completely overhaul the balance of the game, while also creating a new community with tons of new players, and adding new roles and mechanics all in one move.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Descender » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:25 pm

so you want basically a game update
under a new paywall
that will definitely fracture the community between two games?
also the forum accounts would have to be completely seperated from the game

also new players only come with advertising
word of mouth can only get you so far
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Town of Salem Discussion