Should pettyouttings be allowed?

Post anything related to the game here!

Should pettyouttings be allowed?

Postby Yemac » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:50 am

I just got out of a game where I was Godfather and we happened to hit anno the arsonist. He got up on the stand and guiltied off because there were spies that caught him. Then, because mafioso hit the arso, arsonist knows who mafioso is because they doused them. So when up on the stand, arsonist said "X is mafioso. They hit me and I doused them". Next night, mafioso got executed by Jailor.

The dilemma in banning/not allowing it, is that you remove strategy. You can pretend to be salty on the stand and get a LO hung that "report 8. He's framer and outted me for no reason". Whether or not that works is in question. Another example is last mafia outting the Arso when last maf gets hung. Mafia has no way of winning but arso does, but arso gets outted by maf anyways because either arso voted mafia up or got them killed.

I'm not really looking for a definitive answer to this. Just everyone's opinion on this matter. Should it be allowed? Should it be banned? Is it harmful or toxic to the game's community (since people reghunt for this stuff). Share!
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: Should pettyouttings be allowed?

Postby Flavorable » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:04 am

If Arson knows who mafia is, then mafia should work harder at lynching an Arson at such a time where te Arson outting a mafia is no longer an issue.

People should NEVER be banned for outting a different faction than their own. Just because both factions are evil, does not mean the Arson suddenly has to defend mafia after death. Heck, they can inform the Medium of all information they have on evils and go on about their day.

Moderator Message: Moving to ToS Discussions, since this is more of a Discussion than it is Feedback.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Yemac » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:24 am

Flavorable wrote:If Arson knows who mafia is, then mafia should work harder at lynching an Arson at such a time where te Arson outting a mafia is no longer an issue.

People should NEVER be banned for outting a different faction than their own. Just because both factions are evil, does not mean the Arson suddenly has to defend mafia after death. Heck, they can inform the Medium of all information they have on evils and go on about their day.

Moving to ToS Discussions, since this is more of a Discussion than it is Feedback.

Yeh I mean in cases like the first one. Mafia attacks arso and Spies find arso. Then arso outs the mafioso on the stand. Mafia didn't push, town just found the arso.
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Joacgroso » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:52 am

I think players should be able to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't break the rules. And this wouldn't classify as gamethrowing or harassment.
Being able to out the mafia after dying is good because this can allow arsonists to blackmail mafia away from outing them if they attack, or to cause some confusion among the town.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby OreCreeper » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:50 pm

Yemac wrote:I just got out of a game where I was Godfather and we happened to hit anno the arsonist. He got up on the stand and guiltied off because there were spies that caught him. Then, because mafioso hit the arso, arsonist knows who mafioso is because they doused them. So when up on the stand, arsonist said "X is mafioso. They hit me and I doused them". Next night, mafioso got executed by Jailor.

The dilemma in banning/not allowing it, is that you remove strategy. You can pretend to be salty on the stand and get a LO hung that "report 8. He's framer and outted me for no reason". Whether or not that works is in question. Another example is last mafia outting the Arso when last maf gets hung. Mafia has no way of winning but arso does, but arso gets outted by maf anyways because either arso voted mafia up or got them killed.

I'm not really looking for a definitive answer to this. Just everyone's opinion on this matter. Should it be allowed? Should it be banned? Is it harmful or toxic to the game's community (since people reghunt for this stuff). Share!

No, if I'm arso and the mafia attacks me, I'll be happy to out them because I'm not just gonna let them screw me over and get away scot-free. I do the same as witch if I feel like the mafia didn't really try to defend me, or were trying to use me as a scapegoat. If they did try to help me, I'd just let them be, or I'd reveal false information. But if you actually screwed me over like in your scenario, or I just don't like you, I will out you.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:48 am

Salty snitches are little bitches.

Idk why people side with (town) the faction thats lynching them. Its mainly noobs that dont know how to evil, and think they good cos they found an evil (which they rarely do when theyre town).

You see this regularly in Lovers Mode, with players outing the people with defence that they hit, while on trial. Then its the same noobs in the lobby crying that ''being solo evil is too hard!!!''
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby dolphina » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:23 am

kyuss420 wrote:Salty snitches are little bitches.

Idk why people side with (town) the faction thats lynching them. Its mainly noobs that dont know how to evil, and think they good cos they found an evil (which they rarely do when theyre town).

You see this regularly in Lovers Mode, with players outing the people with defence that they hit, while on trial. Then its the same noobs in the lobby crying that ''being solo evil is too hard!!!''

This. This is the shit.
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Town of Salem Discussion