The "Is it bannable/reportable" thread

Post anything related to the game here!

Re: The "Is it bannable/reportable" thread

Postby Brilliand » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:14 pm

OreCreeper wrote:it should be bannable if someone admits that they killed someone because of their IGN.

Oh for sure.

The borderline cases are the cases where they don't admit to it.

(I really hate the "punish it if they admit to it" policy though, because it rewards people for lying.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:47 am

OreCreeper wrote:Should reghunting be bannable? Imo yes.

I just start scrolling for vet or medusa, and take em out with me, they soon to learn to stop.

Different for ranked i suppose... but if you know someone can carry 8 noobs and still win the game, of course you gonna target them early game, so its kind of hard to proove
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Lewisfaisal456 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:17 am

cob709 wrote:as godfather, is it reportable for killing the town traitor?

In contrast, as TK Town Traitor, is it reportable to shoot a Mafioso?
Lewisfaisal456

Postby Kamaree » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:24 pm

Lewisfaisal456 wrote:
cob709 wrote:as godfather, is it reportable for killing the town traitor?

In contrast, as TK Town Traitor, is it reportable to shoot a Mafioso?

I think if the Mafioso is in agreement with being shot to help confirm the TT TK, then I don't see anything wrong with it. It could be a good play to sheep the town.

If the Mafioso does not want to be shot, then I would say it would be reportable.

That's just my thought process though, I'm not 100% sure though. Would probably have to ask a Mod on this one since TT is still pretty new.
Kamaree
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Brilliand » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:13 pm

Kamaree wrote:If the Mafioso does not want to be shot, then I would say it would be reportable.

I think the actual judgment would be made based on whether the Vigilante had a plausible plan for how it might help his team, which is a lower standard than getting the Mafioso's agreement.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby James2 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:01 am

It makes no difference whether the mafioso agrees or not. The only relevant question is whether the TT Vig had a legitimate reason for shooting the Mafioso.

The same is true for a GF killing the TT.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Hiway202 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:43 am

Lewisfaisal456 wrote:In contrast, as TK Town Traitor, is it reportable to shoot a Mafioso?

I'd say that could be considered bussing unless the TK Town Traitor admitted somewhere that they were trying to lose. But I mean, if a jailor or vig TT kills one (or more) of their maf members, that could help confirm themselves as town.
Hello, my name's Elencia! I'm happy to answer questions, so feel free to send me a PM if you need anything! However, I don't have the power to grant your appeal, so please don't PM me about that.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Hiway202
Trial System Judge
Trial System Judge

Postby ShylokVakarian » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:46 pm

Having "Gay" in the IGN because you're gay, eg. "GayWerewoof"

Leaving when the others are reporting you for doing so and being generally hateful about it.
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:08 am

ShylokVakarian wrote:Having "Gay" in the IGN because you're gay, eg. "GayWerewoof"

Leaving when the others are reporting you for doing so and being generally hateful about it.

having ''gay'' in your name - not reportable (Altho no one cares if youre gay or not- stopping bringing it up - you guys are like the vegans of sexuality)

leaving - reportable

being hateful towards gays - reportable
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Thebetterkiller » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:44 am

Being a Trump supporter, and saying maga?

I was looking at my reports and I got reported for hate speech for saying I support trump and said maga.

I also got reported recently because I was an Amne turned plaguebearer, and I was in a situation with a mayor, another townie, and a coven leader with the necronomicon. Mayor voted the coven leader out letting me win. I got reported along with mayor because I sided with him to win myself while mayor lost.
I am better than best
Thebetterkiller
Executioner
Executioner

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:42 am

Thebetterkiller wrote:Being a Trump supporter, and saying maga?

I was looking at my reports and I got reported for hate speech for saying I support trump and said maga.

I also got reported recently because I was an Amne turned plaguebearer, and I was in a situation with a mayor, another townie, and a coven leader with the necronomicon. Mayor voted the coven leader out letting me win. I got reported along with mayor because I sided with him to win myself while mayor lost.

1st two = not reportable, but no one cares about who your favourite politician is, so idk why you bother bringing it up (republicans are like the vegans of the political world)

as for the last one, sounds like town got salty because they lost with a mayor alive, or the noobs just assumed town is meant to side against NKs, in that situation (like they were never trying to find the coven at all)
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Brilliand » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:26 pm

If someone has a clearly reportable username, is it reportable to target that person for their username?

This question was raised by a recent report: Veteran with a racist name kills half the town

In that report, the witch clearly admitted to targeting the Veteran for their name, and the Vigilante tried to lynch the confirmed Veteran, again for their name. Neither of those people were reported for their actions, nor were reports duplicated against them by jurors... but should they have been?

(I would think so, but if so, the fact that it went through the report system without getting duped against either of those is... weird.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Kmenx » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:38 pm

Brilliand wrote:If someone has a clearly reportable username, is it reportable to target that person for their username?

This question was raised by a recent report: Veteran with a racist name kills half the town

In that report, the witch clearly admitted to targeting the Veteran for their name, and the Vigilante tried to lynch the confirmed Veteran, again for their name. Neither of those people were reported for their actions, nor were reports duplicated against them by jurors... but should they have been?

(I would think so, but if so, the fact that it went through the report system without getting duped against either of those is... weird.)

Fellas is it bad to hate racists
You can find me in discord at Disguiser#5127

Spoiler: My FM record:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Kmenx
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby MozarteanChaos » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:50 pm

is it bannable for a new/recently returning player to accidentally "throw"?
for example, someone playing maf in coven any, checking the wiki and seeing that witch wins with maf, but missing that maf can't win with coven. said maf then outs themself to the witch they believe is present, since they think they combined with the witch have majority over the town.
since this is a genuine mistake, would this result in punishment?
MozarteanChaos

Postby Brilliand » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:35 pm

Kmenx wrote:Fellas is it bad to hate racists

I take it your actual meaning is "it's always OK to act out hatred toward racists". If so, you'll have to explain yourself, as that isn't consistent with the current rules at all.
(If not, then I request that you express yourself more clearly, as that was horribly vague.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:36 pm

Brilliand wrote:If someone has a clearly reportable username, is it reportable to target that person for their username?

Even if they break a rule (i.e: their name), it doesn't give you the right to break the rules either, especially if it's a rare moment where they're actually trying to win and play the game.

So yes, this is punishable as HS/H for targeting anyone (no matter the reason) for their name, skins, etc.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:39 pm

Kmenx wrote:
Brilliand wrote:
Kmenx wrote:Fellas is it bad to hate racists

I take it your actual meaning is "it's always OK to act out hatred toward racists". If so, you'll have to explain yourself, as that isn't consistent with the current rules at all.
(If not, then I request that you express yourself more clearly, as that was horribly vague.)

Sorry I don't speak right wing grifter

Not sure how this is right-wing but ok. Let's not bait folks, let alone bring politics into basic humanity. Post removed.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Brilliand » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:47 pm

MozarteanChaos wrote:is it bannable for a new/recently returning player to accidentally "throw"?
for example, someone playing maf in coven any, checking the wiki and seeing that witch wins with maf, but missing that maf can't win with coven. said maf then outs themself to the witch they believe is present, since they think they combined with the witch have majority over the town.
since this is a genuine mistake, would this result in punishment?

Genuine mistakes are not considered gamethrowing. There is some gray area because intentional gamethrowers will sometimes claim to have made a "genuine mistake", but the judges have quite a bit of information available, and will most likely be able to tell the difference.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:19 pm

Even if they can tell the difference, they can't do anything about it unless the reported player actually admits he is throwing on purpose.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby TheDwiin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:11 am

alright, question, would it be considered game throwing if your death note was a really obscure reference to your chosen name?
TheDwiin

Postby Joacgroso » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:16 pm

I just had a game where it came down to 2 maf vs confirmed veteran. I tried to lynch the vet, but the other mafia kept voting against me, only to vote against the vet at last second and inno. He kept doing it during the next day, but luckily for me the veteran left (intentionally, he admitted it) and we won.
The other mafia member fervently denied he was gamethrowing, and it's true that he didn't visit the veteran when he could have easily suicided into him. But his move was still obviously malicious. Would that have been guiltied if someone besides me had reported him? Is there anything I can do to get the report sent to the trial system?
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Pixies » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:17 pm

Can I get a offical response to this please -

Is it a reportable/bannable offense if a veteran goes "TP LO ON ME"; goes on alert and kills town? In all modes, not just one. I've been in too many town traitor game modes where the vet goes "tp/lo on me" and goes on alert, only to be town, not the traitor. This should be a bannable offence.
Names & ToS stuff -
Spoiler: Names I like to go as - Normally food related, or something goofy like Axolotl
Favorite Games - Town Traitor, Coven TT, Coven All Any
Least Favorite Games - any games that have gamethrowers lol
Pixies
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:28 am

Joacgroso wrote:I just had a game where it came down to 2 maf vs confirmed veteran. I tried to lynch the vet, but the other mafia kept voting against me, only to vote against the vet at last second and inno. He kept doing it during the next day, but luckily for me the veteran left (intentionally, he admitted it) and we won.
The other mafia member fervently denied he was gamethrowing, and it's true that he didn't visit the veteran when he could have easily suicided into him. But his move was still obviously malicious. Would that have been guiltied if someone besides me had reported him? Is there anything I can do to get the report sent to the trial system?

Ive been told game stalling is reportable, tho i cant find a rule on it anywhere, and yea it would have been guiltied.
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:29 am

Pixies wrote:Can I get a offical response to this please -

Is it a reportable/bannable offense if a veteran goes "TP LO ON ME"; goes on alert and kills town? In all modes, not just one. I've been in too many town traitor game modes where the vet goes "tp/lo on me" and goes on alert, only to be town, not the traitor. This should be a bannable offence.

Not gamethrowing, altho it is a dick move and quite dumb. Jailor should have jailed it n1.
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby OreCreeper » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:29 am

kyuss420 wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:I just had a game where it came down to 2 maf vs confirmed veteran. I tried to lynch the vet, but the other mafia kept voting against me, only to vote against the vet at last second and inno. He kept doing it during the next day, but luckily for me the veteran left (intentionally, he admitted it) and we won.

Ive been told game stalling is reportable, tho i cant find a rule on it anywhere, and yea it would have been guiltied.

I mean I doubt that cuz game stalling doesn't fit under any of the categories you can report for. It isn't gamethrowing cuz you technically aren't hurting your team's chances of winning.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

PreviousNext

Return to Town of Salem Discussion