Town of Salem 2

Post anything related to the game here!

Re: Town of Salem 2

Postby nbousaba » Sat May 27, 2023 10:44 am

It's not too late to revert the changes - you're going to kill this game if you keep ToS 2 as it was released. This is my honest opinion:
1. UI - Ok you have added some nice graphics, animations etc. however you are still using the same old interface in ToS 1.. there is no breakthrough that makes me want to move from edition 1 to edition 2.. For example, instead of the fancy animations and re-arrangement of the buttons, you can find a way to improve the chat so that people can properly read being said - figure out a way to make the chat window bigger - find a way to separate player chat with game notices (e.g., votes, executions etc.) - basically you're still using the same technology as ToS 1 and made some re-arrangements on the front end. Also the UI now is more confusing than how it was, in the player role you get 5 buttons, Attack, defence, feed, attributes and main ; why can't a player read all the information in the menu or a tooltip will come on hover? do we really need 5 sections? This is a 1 comment, there are plenty more that you need to revise.

2. Roles - Some of the new roles are nice however how can you expect to attract new players if you have more than 20 new role in classic mode? I've been playing the game for several years and once i saw that most of the old roles are gone (IN CLASSIC) and tons of new roles are added, i just tried a few games and got sick of it. If there are ideas for nice new roles, you can change the skill or the whole role of the ones available in tos 1 (like the boring mafioso, medium etc.) and improve them. Too many roles will make new players run away. Personally i never played coven mode because of the several additional roles there. It was very simple, roles easily understood by their name...

3. GAME MODES - Keep custom games for Custom (e.g., FOUR HORSEMAN, DRACULA, WANDERING SOULS --> UNDER CUSTOM) and keep CLASSIC and RANKED separate - In main Lobby you need your traffic to go onto classic/ranked, not player to be confused where to play. In ToS 1 for a ranked game i need to wait at least 3 minutes to get into a game, do you think we'll be able to maintain that high number with that many modes?

I doubt it that old players will move from version 1 to version 2 if it stays the same way.
nbousaba

Re: Town of Salem 2

Postby JazzMusicStops » Sun May 28, 2023 6:37 am

tmw the new game has new features

Spoiler: I'm probably just going to lurk forever, posting occasionally
But if there ever comes a point where my account speaks its last
Know that it was a pleasure to be here, especially in Forum Games
During my teenage years, this place was my first real community
Thank you all so much for playing silly games with me
I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor