Devs need to deal with mobile ban-evaders

Post anything related to the game here!

Devs need to deal with mobile ban-evaders

Postby temporary12312 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:25 am

Simply banning them clearly isn't the solution because they just keep creating infinite alts for free by watching ads so ban-evading is extremely easy. They mostly use their accounts to spam slurs, post derogatory stuff in chat, have offensive names and out mafia numbers. If they get town they just try to get themselves killed by not claiming on stand, fake claiming jailor and getting the jailor to execute them on purpose without claiming their real role, not vote with town on purpose. Even if you can just lynch them, spending your days lynching someone simply because they're throwing isn't fun and ruins the balance of the game.

The 3 most affected modes (imo) are RP, Ranked and Classic TT (that mode died because of those people).

The most obvious way to deal with this is by making the mobile version paid. Either put a paywall before people could even download the game or keep the game free to download but remove the ad tickets and only add purchase options. If that's not possible then there are other more drastic ways to deal with this that are less favorable like: being required to give your phone number; seperate steam and mobile gamers; make classic only playable mode for mobile, etc. Currently i can't think of anything else so feel free to put your own suggestions.

"Just play coven" - well yes and no. While coven doesnt really a have problem with alts, I don't think the only reason people should buy the expansion is because the base game is an unplayable cesspool. This game should have a better reputation than that considering how niche the social deduction genre is. The "Classic" coven modes aren't even playable without discord friends and not every person who likes classic/rp/ranked will enjoy coven all any.

If the devs still care about the game they need to prove it. If they really need the money from mobile ads that bad that they're willing to let trolls ruin the game can't they just try creating a patreon or launch a 3rd kickstarter if they're in such a dire need of sustaining themselves?

I can understand if they're tired of working on the same game but i hope we see more communication from them.

(feel free to comment whatever you want on this post i just hope the devs will read this themselves)
temporary12312

Re: Devs need to deal with mobile ban-evaders

Postby Manona24 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:42 am

I know I have said the same thing, and I believe I've seen others saying it as well. Wish this could be fixed
Manona24
Doctor
Doctor

Postby BRANDMAN0917 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:59 pm

Stop trying to control the uncontrollable. Frankly this game was better when it was free to play, but then we had players like yourself who tried to manage a company that isn’t yours. Blank Media Games cowardly went to their knees in service of those who thought they had a right to what this game should and shouldn’t be. If you truly want this game to thrive, then you have to deregulate all the rules and restrictions. The reason Town of Salem has a troll problem is because it gets you guys tilted, pleading to BMG to save you from the trolls. Don’t give them what they want. #HandsOffTownOfSalem
BRANDMAN0917
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby TulipTang » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:00 pm

temporary12312 wrote:Simply banning them clearly isn't the solution because they just keep creating infinite alts for free by watching ads so ban-evading is extremely easy. They mostly use their accounts to spam slurs, post derogatory stuff in chat, have offensive names and out mafia numbers. If they get town they just try to get themselves killed by not claiming on stand, fake claiming jailor and getting the jailor to execute them on purpose without claiming their real role, not vote with town on purpose. Even if you can just lynch them, spending your days lynching someone simply because they're throwing isn't fun and ruins the balance of the game.

The 3 most affected modes (imo) are RP, Ranked and Classic TT (that mode died because of those people).

The most obvious way to deal with this is by making the mobile version paid. Either put a paywall before people could even download the game or keep the game free to download but remove the ad tickets and only add purchase options. If that's not possible then there are other more drastic ways to deal with this that are less favorable like: being required to give your phone number; seperate steam and mobile gamers; make classic only playable mode for mobile, etc. Currently i can't think of anything else so feel free to put your own suggestions.

"Just play coven" - well yes and no. While coven doesnt really a have problem with alts, I don't think the only reason people should buy the expansion is because the base game is an unplayable cesspool. This game should have a better reputation than that considering how niche the social deduction genre is. The "Classic" coven modes aren't even playable without discord friends and not every person who likes classic/rp/ranked will enjoy coven all any.

If the devs still care about the game they need to prove it. If they really need the money from mobile ads that bad that they're willing to let trolls ruin the game can't they just try creating a patreon or launch a 3rd kickstarter if they're in such a dire need of sustaining themselves?

I can understand if they're tired of working on the same game but i hope we see more communication from them.

(feel free to comment whatever you want on this post i just hope the devs will read this themselves)

Oh yeah. Coven has no problem with alts.
TulipTang

Postby Manona24 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:21 am

BRANDMAN0917 wrote:Stop trying to control the uncontrollable. Frankly this game was better when it was free to play, but then we had players like yourself who tried to manage a company that isn’t yours. Blank Media Games cowardly went to their knees in service of those who thought they had a right to what this game should and shouldn’t be. If you truly want this game to thrive, then you have to deregulate all the rules and restrictions. The reason Town of Salem has a troll problem is because it gets you guys tilted, pleading to BMG to save you from the trolls. Don’t give them what they want. #HandsOffTownOfSalem

By any chance were you here during 2018? That was a very clear reason why it went p2p. It had nothing to do with "trolls" and everything to do with the 7 to 8 bots every single game (if lucky) that immediately threw the whole game. The trolls nowadays were nothing compared to that.

Edit: You also say 'gets you guys tilted' in your response when you got yourself banned for naming yourself "Muslim Bomber" and making "jokes" about it. I don't think you having a horrible taste in jokes is a good reason for it to go back to free to play, or to "deregulate all the rules and restrictions."
Manona24
Doctor
Doctor

Postby WildCard65 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:34 pm

BRANDMAN0917 wrote:Stop trying to control the uncontrollable. Frankly this game was better when it was free to play, but then we had players like yourself who tried to manage a company that isn’t yours. Blank Media Games cowardly went to their knees in service of those who thought they had a right to what this game should and shouldn’t be. If you truly want this game to thrive, then you have to deregulate all the rules and restrictions. The reason Town of Salem has a troll problem is because it gets you guys tilted, pleading to BMG to save you from the trolls. Don’t give them what they want. #HandsOffTownOfSalem

You are the very definition of someone NO ONE wants playing this game.
WildCard65
Doctor
Doctor

Postby nascentKiller » Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:03 am

They could, though it would be difficult. Or, and this is a crazy thought; they don't care enough to do so AND it makes them at least 5 dabloons every time someone ban evades. They're aware of the issues in the community, they'd be blind not to, but if it continues to make them money, it won't ever matter. As the old sentiment goes, if you aren't toxic, you aren't a true TOS player. Cannot think of a singular thing more toxic then buying a one way ticket to getting banned for being an awful person over and over again. They don't actually have rules against ban evasion btw, their own customer support says to just buy another account.
yes
nascentKiller
Jester
Jester

Postby WildCard65 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:17 am

nascentKiller wrote:They could, though it would be difficult. Or, and this is a crazy thought; they don't care enough to do so AND it makes them at least 5 dabloons every time someone ban evades. They're aware of the issues in the community, they'd be blind not to, but if it continues to make them money, it won't ever matter. As the old sentiment goes, if you aren't toxic, you aren't a true TOS player. Cannot think of a singular thing more toxic then buying a one way ticket to getting banned for being an awful person over and over again. They don't actually have rules against ban evasion btw, their own customer support says to just buy another account.

It was stated they couldn't make it paid to play due to Apple and Google policies, they would have to delete the app from the store then re-upload it as a paid app. This apparently would've deleted purchases from players.
WildCard65
Doctor
Doctor

Return to Town of Salem Discussion