Racism

Post anything related to the game here!

Racism

Postby MishuPatent » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:40 am

I was recently perma-banned because some sort of "smart" guys reported me for foreign languages. In all matches I've played at least one player was talking about cringe and grose things and I got ban because I said words in other language? These words weren't even game related ... BlankMediaGames hope you see this cuz what you did is called RACISM!!!
MishuPatent
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Racism

Postby Jerme » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:14 am

Greetings,

please note that using a different language than your current locale is against the game's rules, as this could be used to gain an unfair edge. If you deem that as racist, then you should reconsider your definition for that word.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MishuPatent » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:07 pm

If you take a look in the report I was banned for you'll see that there was a guy speaking the same language. He literally spoke the language I was reported for in the chat, so if I deserve to be banned after I was talking in another language in the DEAD CHAT (not when I was alive) that guy deserves to be banned too.
MishuPatent
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Joacgroso » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:20 pm

The other person in that game was suspended for the same reason, though it happened in a different game. I guess he didn't get enough reports in your game. You were only banned because you already had 3 guilty reports against you. Otherwise you would have been suspended.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby MishuPatent » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:07 am

He didn't get enough reports.... No comment
MishuPatent
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Ezio216707 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:20 pm

MishuPatent wrote:He didn't get enough reports.... No comment

Riddle me this:

Speak the language of the people in your lobby.

Sounds good in theory, right?

American here, been playing TOS for over 4 years, never did much on the forums until today I decided to come back.
As a "Veteran" player, I can confirm that I have been put in matches were I am one of the FEW that spoke English. (Found out later it was turkish?)

thankfully I haven't had this issue for well over a year, hopefully never happens again. But I can understand that people sometimes get put into lobbies where their language isn't spoken.

However pulling up to an American lobby where everyone is making "Fortnite Jokes" and the one guy in chat says "Countries theme?"
If you start speaking Russian to someone in chat while nobody else has a clue what you 2 are saying. Then YES that is cheating.

Relevant to the game or not.

I'd recommend appealing it as sometimes the mod team has a level of understanding when this happens and can confirm if you were using alternate languages to cheat or not.

Best of luck to you with that.
-Ezio

YOU KNOW WHO ELSE CLAIMS D1 MAYOR THEN ALERTS AS VETERAN?
Ezio216707
Jester
Jester

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:39 pm

If you want to appeal you should read this and go there. Though even if what you said was irrelevant to the game, it was still against the rules so I doubt the appeal will be granted.

The thing is that even if you are not sharing relevant information, the other players might think you are, which can ruin their enjoyment of the game.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Return to Town of Salem Discussion