Honest question - why so toxic?

Post anything related to the game here!

Re: Honest question - why so toxic?

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:28 am

Pixies wrote:
TheFlyingDead wrote:Here’s an honest question, why are the players of this game, particularly in high levels of ranked play, so damn toxic?!

5 - hate speech. Hate speech doesn’t have to be dropping the N word or making something racial. The amount of people in this game that use “gay” and “retard” in derogatory ways is absolutely unacceptable. I’d rather not have a game to play than to allow this behavior. I’d be willing to wager highly that if all who have taken their own lives, particularly after acts of violence against others, could be interviewed, many would tell you they’ve been harassed, bullied, etc with absolutely ignorant acts like this.

I wonder this myself! I've been called "retard"/"retarded" in a lot of games. I've always found seeing/using the "R" word as a form of derogatory statements to thoughts with mental disabilities (even physical disabilities). I do agree that it is absolutely unacceptable, and I hope BMG considers allowing people to be reported for that word.

it was actually medical terminology until the millenial generation starting putting ''tard'' at the end of random words...

So in the words of Rick Sanchez ''Your generation sure chooses some random hills to die on''
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Re: Honest question - why so toxic?

Postby SilverCruz » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:19 am

Reports for [savant] are glossed over because it is soft filtered, last I heard.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Previous

Return to Town of Salem Discussion