Unbalanced

Post anything related to the game here!

Unbalanced

Postby cosmmin111 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:31 am

I have not played this game in a while now and when I came back...there was no NK, NE(random, its simply exe). The ranked game feels so boring and 70% of the time it ends when town wins. The game is unbalanced, it s really hard to win as a mafia member and really easy to win as town. What s the point of the game if almost everytime town wins?
cosmmin111

Re: Unbalanced

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:19 pm

Another proof that all those win rate statements are pure bs

I have seen a shit ton of people complaining that mafia wind too much in this new list

The win rate rn is like 60% town 40% mafia so...just get better at mafia
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Ezradekezra » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:17 pm

It's been closer to 50/50 or 55/45 in my experience, which is probably as good as it's going to get

The only changes I would make would involve new roles and a major shakeup of how Neutrals are categorized, which would mainly serve to make things less same-y
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby shapesifter13 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:45 pm

In terms of pure winrate the game is the most balanced it has ever been. There are a lot more variables to look at other than pure win rate though. EG: If a Mayor spawns is it 100% win rate for town, and 0% if they don't spawn? If in theory that worked out to be a 50% spawn rate then that would be statistically balanced.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:09 pm

I think the OP should read this thread, which brings up a similar problem.

I guess this is pretty irrelevant now that a dev confirmed the winrates are more even than ever, but this is my experience:
Joacgroso wrote:I don't play that often, but I record information from my games. Out of my 32 RP games since season 5 started, mafia won 50% (16) of them and town won 46.88% (15). I can compare that to my 224 RP games from season 4 (back when retris revived people), where town won 59.55% of games, mafia won 31.36% and the NK won 7.27%. So I think you are just being unlucky enough to always face mafia leavers instead of town leavers.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:22 am

i mean.....starting halfway through the season when all the good players have ranked up, ofc youre going to see more town wins than mafia wins in bronze/silver. They dont call it ELO hell for nothing....its always been the case. low ELOs dont know how to evil, they know how to counter TIs, which gives town a day kill and a night kill, while maf are chase their ass with no majority and only 1 kill every 2 phases.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby OreCreeper » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:39 am

cosmmin111 wrote:I have not played this game in a while now and when I came back...there was no NK, NE(random, its simply exe). The ranked game feels so boring and 70% of the time it ends when town wins. The game is unbalanced, it s really hard to win as a mafia member and really easy to win as town. What s the point of the game if almost everytime town wins?

That's not surprising because you're in silver elo lmao. I can't imagine that you're that good at the game, but even if you are, it doesn't matter at all because your teammates will be trash. Low elo players are bad at playing town but way worse at playing mafia. Jailors probably still do meta in silver but mafia probably have no clue how to counter it either, and witches probably witch TIs instead of the jailor, so it's no wonder that mafia loses more. It's not a problem with the game, it's that you and/or your teammates are trash.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby EqsyLootz » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:42 pm

OreCreeper wrote:
cosmmin111 wrote:I have not played this game in a while now and when I came back...there was no NK, NE(random, its simply exe). The ranked game feels so boring and 70% of the time it ends when town wins. The game is unbalanced, it s really hard to win as a mafia member and really easy to win as town. What s the point of the game if almost everytime town wins?

That's not surprising because you're in silver elo lmao. I can't imagine that you're that good at the game, but even if you are, it doesn't matter at all because your teammates will be trash. Low elo players are bad at playing town but way worse at playing mafia. Jailors probably still do meta in silver but mafia probably have no clue how to counter it either, and witches probably witch TIs instead of the jailor, so it's no wonder that mafia loses more. It's not a problem with the game, it's that you and/or your teammates are trash.

To sum up with Orecreeper said.. In a nicer way that is.

Typically the winrates are more even in master elo whereas players have practiced the mode much more and developed better strategies overall.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Return to Town of Salem Discussion