Let's talk about this guys ban appeal

Post anything related to the game here!

Let's talk about this guys ban appeal

Postby RealZippyK » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:34 am

March317 wrote:Appealing: March317

I don't know exactly why I was banned but I have a hunch. Quite a while ago I though it would be funny to see if my name could get me hung "Loli-chan" got me killed night 1 and almost hung in another game.(i was mayor so they didn't) I'll admit it was a bit of a poke so I expected a report or two, but finally coming back to find a ban WAITING for me seems a bit unfair. It's a 24 hour ban so I imagine by the time this is seen it'll be too late to undo, if so just ignore it this thread, damage done by then.

*This person actually made their IGN "loli"*

Ok so this dude/dudette got 24 hour banned by making their in game name "loli". So that's pretty much their only warning for the rest of their account. That's like making your username for example, "milf", and getting the same result. And obviously milf's meaning is for women and loli's meaning is for underage girls, but after I'd been scrolling through the appeals thread for a few pages, I can say in my opinion that at its worse, this only deserves a warning or suspension. (I think we can all agree that we've seen nicknames much worse than this in-game and getting innoed in the TS.)

I don't know this person and I doubt I ever will, but we should stick out for each other in the community when others are wrongly banned or something along the lines of that, because being banned for something like that is just absurd.

And yes I understand this was only a 24 hour ban, but that means if they get guiltied for another offense then their account will get permanently banned if I'm correct.
RealZippyK
Lookout
Lookout

Re: Let's talk about this guys ban appeal

Postby MysticMismagius » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:34 am

First, the name. “Loli” is considered an Inappropriate IGN because it has pedophiliac connotations (the term comes from the book Lolita, which depicts pedophilia). I disagree with this verdict since a lot of anime fans use “Loli” without that intent, but it is a consistently applied ruling that “Loli” in an IGN is suspension-worthy. This is not some random attack.

A “24 hour ban” is a suspension. If March317 uses this name again, they’ll simply be suspended again on the second tier of suspension (3 days), not permabanned.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby RealZippyK » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:44 am

Yeah that's where I was unsure, because I know if you get 2-3 suspensions, you get banned. So I think getting one of your "warnings" for having the name Loli (which a lot of people have that as their nickname and don't get reported) is just stupid. Along with the fact that that report stays on record as a 24 hour ban doesn't help you.
RealZippyK
Lookout
Lookout

Postby ScarfVendetta » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:02 pm

RealZippyK wrote:Yeah that's where I was unsure, because I know if you get 2-3 suspensions, you get banned. So I think getting one of your "warnings" for having the name Loli (which a lot of people have that as their nickname and don't get reported) is just stupid. Along with the fact that that report stays on record as a 24 hour ban doesn't help you.

The way the suspension tiering system works is that you can receive 3 suspensions with increasing duration, before you receive a permanent ban. The durations are as follows:
• 1st strike = 24-hour suspension. (1 day)
• 2nd strike = 72-hour suspension. (3 day)
• 3rd strike = 168-hour suspension. (7 days)
• 4th strike = Permanent ban.

They still have 3 more chances not to screw up.

The fact that other players don't get reported for using the name is a different issue, as it requires 2 players to use the in-game report function for a report to be filed. If the players don't generate a report, the game logs are not saved. Any record of the offense is 'lost'. That does not affect the validity of a report, though.
Last edited by ScarfVendetta on Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just some Sheriff who didn't claim until Day 5, and has no leads whatsoever

No need to be alarmed...
ScarfVendetta
Summer 2020 Winner
Summer 2020 Winner

Postby Kamaree » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:39 pm

He said "I though it would be funny to see if my name could get me hung"

He had every intent in making people skeeve out enough to kill him in game by using that name. He knew his intent behind it.. He admitted to it just by saying the above..

Honestly, I read the appeals a lot, and I do not see how the Moderators don't lose it sometimes on these people. lol Some of the reasons and excuses being given make me shake my head and cringe. Others just flat out get under my skin to where I have to stop myself from replying and calling out their BS. I think everyone who helps in the Appeals section does a great job at it. I couldn't even imagine what their inboxes look like and the type of BS they have to deal with there as well..
Kamaree
Survivor
Survivor

Postby RealZippyK » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:42 am

Yeah, it's like the Appeals thread is a subreddit for r/entitledpeople
RealZippyK
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Shyyster » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:22 pm

I disagree with Trial's punishment system for a variety of reasons, but the use of "Loli" and punishment that comes from that IGN are always valid in my eyes.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Return to Town of Salem Discussion