Existing Connection Forcibly Closed by Remote Host

Bug reports for the Unity Steam Beta.

Existing Connection Forcibly Closed by Remote Host

Postby SgtDonutbutt » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:25 pm

I've had this game for at least 4 years now and have had very few issues with it. I've sunk money into it and I even left a good review of it last year on Steam. After a year hiatus from it, I decided to redownload and play it again. However, after trying MULTIPLE times to join games, I keep ending up disconnected from the lobby and with the same error message. I've made it to the naming stage 2 times out of the 20+ games I've tried to join, and even in the naming stage, it freezes once the timer hits 0 and disconnects me back to the login screen with the same error message. I've tried redownloading, disconnecting and reconnecting my internet connection, validating Steam files, even trying the browser version, but I keep getting the freezing and the same error. After about 1 minute in the lobby, users will stop joining, the lobby will freeze, I can't type in the chat, and I'll get booted to the login screen. I've even had to use task manager to quit out of the game a few times. I've NEVER had this issue before and it's incredibly frustrating. I attached some screenshots with my issues below. I'm sure I've gotten reported multiple times because of this and I pride myself on not having reports in this game. Please fix this. Thanks.

Let's me type in one sentence, but freezes and will not except more text into chat:
https://i.imgur.com/qv8mzG4.png

Kicks me out of lobby and gives me this error message:
https://i.imgur.com/OTknwut.jpg

Validated Steam files and they are 100% validated:
https://i.imgur.com/mzvWmWD.png
SgtDonutbutt

Re: Existing Connection Forcibly Closed by Remote Host

Postby SgtDonutbutt » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:15 pm

I have now attempted to play using a different PC directly connected to the router via ethernet, browser version, mobile version, and have even went days between attempting to play to see if it was just an issue that current day. Still having the issue with all methods. I have also reset my router, so it is not an issue with internet connection. I CANNOT play the game at all. The furthest I have gotten is naming my character, but it hits the 0 mark on the timer in the naming screen and kicks me out to the login screen. I'm getting extremely frustrated because I have 80+ hrs of Gameplay in this game so it's not like I can ask for a refund. Can devs please address or fix?
SgtDonutbutt

Postby JAF1970 » Sun May 02, 2021 1:50 pm

I too am getting dc'ed, midgame. Lost a scroll because of it, too.
JAF1970
Spy
Spy

Postby SgtDonutbutt » Mon May 03, 2021 12:34 am

I haven't even checked my scrolls but I'm sure I've lost some. I somehow managed to get an achievement when I didn't even get to play so I had to have ended up in the game somehow.
SgtDonutbutt

Postby SgtDonutbutt » Sun May 23, 2021 9:41 am

Okay BlankMediaGames. Is my problem just getting ignored at this point? I am still having this issue and it's been over a month now. You're coming out with "updates" that do nothing to the game at all, but can't be bothered to fix a literal GAMEBREAKING issue. I have not been able to join a SINGLE game. PLEASE FIX.
SgtDonutbutt

Return to [UNITY] Steam Beta Bug Reports