QoL Changes

Bug reports for the Unity Steam Beta.

QoL Changes

Postby Superalex11 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:12 pm

So here I've compiled a list of "suggestions" regarding the Steam Unity version of the game. These are sort of bug-like, but I'm posting this here to suggestions instead because they're not game-breaking in any way, and they really only come down to quality-of-life type changes.

1) When OPENING your will, notepad, or deathnote to edit, they should appear on top of anything else currently on the screen.
Currently, there is some... oddly inconsistent behavior:
- Your notepad doesn't appear on top of the voting screen (See: https://i.gyazo.com/6c1fca0cb499a256560 ... b7495e.jpg ) (but your will and deathnote do)
- Your notepad doesn't appear on top of death notes (including jailor's) (but your deathnote does)
- Your notepad doesn't appear on top of others' wills (but your will and deathnote do)
- Your will doesn't appear on top of death notes (including jailor's) (but your deathnote does)

Also, when opening each relative to each other, I think the top-most one should be the one most recently opened.
Currently there's just a predefined order, from top to bottom: death note, will, notepad

2) When EDITING your own will, notepad, or deathnote:
a) Tabs should act as tabs, not super-wide 4-times-the-length-of-normal tabs. Funnily enough, this only became a problem 1-2 patches ago.
b) Whitespace should not be removed from the front- and tail-ends.
c) The character limit should be increased. The current limit is especially frustrating in ranked when I'm trying to keep track of 10+ other wills at once.
(Edit: In this normal med will, I've ALREADY reached the character limit: https://i.gyazo.com/24ad0b30d06f17205e9 ... 30cf9e.png )

3) IMMEDIATELY after opening your will, notepad, or deathnote to edit, you should be able to edit wherever you last left off.
Currently, there are a few problems:
- The animation is annoyingly long, and must finish before you can edit. This is especially bad when lagging, because that means the animation will take 2-3 times as long to complete.
- Even after the animation completes, there is a short delay before you can edit.
- After this short delay, the editing-position is moved from wherever you were previously to the very end. I want to clarify on this point that I don't mean the editing-position appears at the very end. I mean that before the delay I can see the blinking cursor where I left it, and after the delay it teleports to the end of the text.

3) When opening a will to read from the graveyard, the one you click should open. Currently, if one is already opened, clicking another (as in, NOT the cancel button) just closes the currently-opened one.

4) I think it would be useful if your will/notepad/deathnote editors could be moved around the screen, so that I can see all at the same time.

All in all, I do want to stress that these are QoL improvements and ultimately not a huge deal... but that they would be quite valuable.
Last edited by Superalex11 on Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soon™
Superalex11
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: QoL Changes

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:56 pm

Moving to appropriate subforum (Yes it says Unity Bugs, but that's where they wanted suggestions for Unity, and you said they're bug-like).
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: QoL Changes

Postby Superalex11 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:27 am

Bumping this thread specifically in response to this:
PyromonkeyGG wrote:UI Improvement suggestions are welcome. This new UI is here to stay and improvements are already in the works. If something isn't to your liking, let us know!

Given that, as of the latest update, the notepad now appears over the voting screen, perhaps the devs have already reviewed this post. But just in case, here's a reminder that it exists.
Soon™
Superalex11
Retributionist
Retributionist

Return to [UNITY] Steam Beta Bug Reports