Survivor Hub (updated - 12/26)

A place for old, unplayed, and completed games go to lie.

Survivor Hub (updated - 12/26)

Postby VucubCaquix » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:03 pm

I figured its about time Survivor had a hub considering all the games that have been going on. And more are being planned!

What is Survivor? Survivor is a game based on the reality show of the same name. The basic premise is that players compete in challenges to earn immunity, and then go to tribal council to vote each other out. Forming alliances is a major part of Survivor.

Most Survivor games on this forum have been hosted on Discord. Newbies are encouraged to join! Anonymous forum games have happened and may again in the future.

Anyone is currently allowed to host a Survivor game, although first time hosts are required to have an experienced mod review their game plans beforehand, as well as act as an overseer.

Basic Survivor Rules
Spoiler: 1. The game starts out with multiple (usually 2) tribes. These tribes compete together in challenges, with the winning tribe getting immunity and the losing tribe going to tribal council.
2. At tribal council, each member of the tribe will vote for another member. The tribe member with the most vote will be eliminated.
3. Self voting is not allowed (usually)
4. In the event of a tie at tribal council, all non-tied contestants revote (this is important, as ties can occur between 3 or more players). If a tie occurs again, the tied players become immune and all non-immune players draw rocks. One player will be eliminated at random.
5. In a final 4 tie, tied players will go to a special tiebreaker challenge instead of drawing rocks. This doesn't apply in a final 4 on one tribe before the merge.
6. At some point, the tribes will merge into one big tribe. After this happens, contestants will compete instead for individual immunity, and everyone will go to tribal council. The player who wins individual immunity cannot be voted out.
7. At some point, eliminated contestants will join the jury instead of being just eliminated. At the end of the game, jury members will vote between the final 2 or 3 contestants to determine the winner. The player with the most votes wins the game.

Vucub's history spreadsheet
N's history spreadsheet
Join the Discord!

Tips for new players:

Spoiler:
  • Survivor is a social game at heart. If you want to do well, you'll need to talk to people. PM people and see if you think they'd make good allies. Even if you don't know people, they still might want to work with you.
  • Forming alliances is a big part of the game. Having a good group of people ensures you don't get voted out for a while. A majority alliance is even better.
  • Actively participating in team challenges will make your team like you, and not want to vote you out as much.
  • If you want to vote someone out but think they have an idol, you can try splitting the votes between them and someone else you want to be eliminated.
  • Betraying allies can help you get in a better position, but it can also leave them angry, losing their jury vote. However, you don't want to be at the end with someone who is universally liked and respected.
  • Make sure your first goal is to win!

Past Winners
Spoiler: FS1: Lucas8411
Survivor Salem: Timetoreap
Survivor CI: Cyphron
FS 2.1: BasicFourLife
Mystery Survivor: Multiuniverse
Survivor Fusion: Googlefeud
Survivor Corporate Corruption: TimetoReap
Big Brother: Forum Edition: Jalandh
Survivor: Animal Kingdom: Tardispaten AKA Lion
Survivor: Halloween: Marlony1
Survivor: All-Stars: Multiuniverse
Forum Survivor 3: Anarchy: Qmanthegamer
Survivor World Tour: TimetoReap AKA Minecraft
Big Brother: Black Hat: Npromin1
Survivor Ragnarok: Dota2reporter AKA Amaterasu
Survivor Champions vs Contenders: Npromin1
Forum Survivor 4: Blindside Island: Sheep vs Wolves: Googlefeud
Pokemon Survivor: Dota2reporter

Game Links:
Spoiler: Forum Survivor (host: Npromin1)
Survivor Salem (host: VucubCaquix)
Survivor: Consternation Island (host: mdb1023)
Forum Survivor 2.1 (host: Npromin1)
Mystery Survivor (host: Npromin1)
Survivor: Fusion (host: mdb1023)
Survivor: Corporate Corruption (host: Multiuniverse)
Big Brother (host: mdb1023)
Survivor: Animal Kingdom (host: VucubCaquix)
Survivor: Halloween (host: TheNightmareFox)
Survivor: All-Stars (host: mdb1023)
Forum Survivor 3: Anarchy (host: Npromin1)
Survivor: World Tour (host: Googlefeud)
Big Brother: Black Hat (host: mdb1023)
Survivor Ragnarok (host: VucubCaquix)
Survivor: Champions vs Contenders (host: mdb1023)
Forum Survivor 4: Blindside Island: Sheep vs Wolves (host: Npromin1)
Pokemon Survivor (host: Chemist1422)

In Signups
Survivor: Cloaks and Daggers (host: Multiuniverse)

Upcoming (order subject to change)
-Survivor: The Board Game hosted by TnF
-Survivor: Across the Eons hosted by Phonexys
-Untitled game hosted by Gorotash
-Seththeking’s Island- hosted by Seththeking
-Survivor: The Black Pearl hosted by mdb1023
-Forum Survivor 5: Dissolution hosted by Npromin1
-Survivor: European Tour hosted by Transportownie
Last edited by VucubCaquix on Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:10 am, edited 12 times in total.
Coming 2020 - Who is The Mole?
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Re: Survivor Hub

Postby VucubCaquix » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:03 pm

reserving
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby VucubCaquix » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:04 pm

Question for people: What are some of your favorite challenges that have been used?
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Chemist1422 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:16 pm

I'd advise adding links to the hub so people can view those games.
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby VucubCaquix » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:46 pm

TheNightmareFox's game is scheduled to start signups on October 1st!

Chemist1422 wrote:I'd advise adding links to the hub so people can view those games.

-added
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Multiuniverse » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:46 pm

Game hosted by N is confirmed to be FS3

Thanks parker for the gif and SuperDuper for suggesting rotational sig
Multiuniverse
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby npromin1 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:15 pm

Multiuniverse wrote:Game hosted by N is confirmed to be FS3

^ and it starts November February apparently
Last edited by npromin1 on Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
npromin1
Lookout
Lookout

Postby TheNightmareFox » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:47 am

Bop diddlybob my game exists soon
Man I can't come up with anything good to put here
TheNightmareFox
Civilian
Civilian

Postby mdb1023 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:46 pm

Tips for creating Challenges.

So, you want to create a game of Survivor and you've been added to the hosting queue. Awesome, but you now finding yourself asking, "now what?"

One of the biggest challenges that I've found when creating a Game of Survivor is, well, the challenges. An average game will have anywhere between 15-20 challenges, all of which need to be not only fun to play in, but also must be, for the most part, capable to do over a 24 hour period while also accommodating for multiple different time zones. It's definitely not easy and it's something that I still struggle with, even after completing 4 forum games with mechanics that involve challenges. So, what do you do? Well, here's a few tips:

1) Borrowing ideas/ concepts for your game. I don't claim to be 100% original, especially given how many challenges are typically in my games. Finding that many unique challenges, while definitely possible, is quite difficult to pull off. Many people who have hosted before will have no problem if you recycle challenges from their games so long as you ask their permission. It also doesn't hurt to put your own spin on it to make it feel more unique. Some frequently used challenges include The Auction, Sheep, Pictionary, Quiplash, Guestimation, Riddles, and Rope Chop. Another thing that people like to do is have the last challenge(s) be a redo of past challenges or a quiz about the eliminated players. This is a great way to fill a slot or two when you're having trouble coming up with ideas.

2) Give yourself plenty of time to plan things out. While some challenges are as simple as typing out the rules and moderating the players, others take a little bit more thought and planning to make possible. Some of my best work when it comes to challenges are those that I planned out ahead of time. Consternation Island took me about 2 and a half months to plan everything out, whereas my upcoming game; Forum Survivor All Stars, has been in the works for about 6 months. There isn't necessarily a right or wrong amount of time to put into your planning, but generally the longer you give yourself, the better the result. It can sometimes be nice to plan everything out and then give yourself a few days to sit on it and decide if adjustments should be made. Likewise, some of my worst work has come from the games where I didn't put as much time into it as I would have liked to.

3) Be Flexible. While planning your challenges out well in advance is definitely good, don't be married to the order of your challenges. You'll find that sometimes life happens and things don't go exactly as planned both in the game and the real world. If something is coming up in real life that requires you to be online less, maybe save the challenge that requires you to be online frequently for later in the game. It's also good practice to have a few backup challenges prepared just in case something goes wrong or a challenge has to be scrapped. This happened in Survivor Fusion with my shitposting challenge (which admittedly was a bad idea anyways), so luckily I had something prepared as a backup.

4) Have a good variety. While challenges that require a 3rd party judge to decide who wins are easy to run, having too many of these can be not the greatest. It's especially frustrating to lose challenges that come down to a subjective opinion. That's not to say they're bad, but having them appear too often makes the game a bit redundant. It's good to have a mix of Subjective, strategic, and other miscellaneous challenges throughout the game.

5) Be clear with the rules. I always say over explaining is better than under explaining when it comes to Forum Survivor. While people may be less inclined to read a huge word vomit (such as this post itself :thinking: ), at least if rules are missed, you can say "it says here on the rules...."

And that's all I have to say for now. As always, if you have any questions about anything regarding creating a game, feel free to DM myself, Vucub, N, or anyone who has hosted before for some free advice.
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby TheNightmareFox » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:04 pm

mdb1023 wrote:And that's all I have to say for now. As always, if you have any questions about anything regarding creating a game, feel free to DM myself, Vucub, N, or anyone who has hosted before for some free advice.

No my advice is $1.50 per letter
Man I can't come up with anything good to put here
TheNightmareFox
Civilian
Civilian

Postby VucubCaquix » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:40 pm

Can confirm that planning is good. AK had every challenge post written and formatted before the game started. Saved me a lot of stress. (Especially with google forms / Cropping the entire deck of Dixit cards manually). With Salem, I had all the ideas I planned to use but didn't prepare everything I needed. This was stressful and lead to some sloppiness.

It'd be good to have a list of past challenges run. Also if anyone who doesn't intend to host has an idea for a challenge we could add it to a list of possible challenges.

Like finn said, reusing challenges is not an issue (although its nice to see new things)
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby VucubCaquix » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:17 pm

Gonna put here the challenges I've used and thought were successful. Google forms is nice but as we established some people are dirty. Can get around this by giving everyone a code that they need to use to prove its them.

Team
Spot the difference - Players on both teams were split into pairs. Each half of the pair is given one half of a spot the difference puzzle. The pair must work together to describe their images to work out what the differences are. (This was cool in AK and probably lead to a lot of stress in players which I like to see as a host)

Duels - Allows for a good variety of stuff, and requires some team communication. Puzzles, flash games, subjective challenges, trivia offs all used.

Photo Safari - I like this, it just requires a lot of effort on the host's part. You need enough photos so that its very unlikely a tie will occur, and those photos need to be blurred enough to not be obvious, but still guessable.

Team Pictionary - Basically, everyone gets a prompt, everyone draws, and teams guess the pics drawn by teammates. Was fine in Salem.

Individual
Scattegories - Always fun. Can use a time limit or not. I prefer with because you can't just look obscure things up.

Sheep/Majority Rules - Pretty cool, also good for stirring up drama within the players. I like this without communication because you need to choose between being honest to try to win or trying not to step on toes.

Quizball - I hate quizball. I also love it. Basically each player does trivia questions. For every one you get right, you get a ball to throw at someone else. Get hit the least, and you win.

Puzzles - Good for duels, or just filling in slots. I use an app called Simon Tatham's puzzles, it can generate a good variety. Requires either setting up a Google form or planning a start time with players.

Dixit - Pretty cool game, bit involved from a mod perspective, also could last a bit long depending on the activity of the players. You could also do it live if you want to deal with that hell.

Complete Set of cards https://imgur.com/a/bhuDKr1

Spoiler: For this challenge, we'll be playing a cool french board game called Dixit. But due to time constraints we'll be doing an adapted version.

Each player will be dealt 7 of these cards:

For the first round of the game, you will be the storyteller. You'll select which card you want to submit as yours. When you submit your card, you must also add a word or phrase describing that card. As long as you only use text, you can use anything you want.

"Honor"

"A picture is worth a thousand words"

For the second round, you'll be given the phrases submitted by the four other challengers, but not the pictures. For this part of the challenge, you'll pick 4 cards from your hand which you think could match up with that phrase.

For the third and final round, you'll have to each guess which picture was submitted by the person who wrote the phrase. This person is referred to as the "storyteller". Submit your guesses in your confessional!

Points are assigned as follows:

If the correct picture is guessed by every player, the storyteller gets 0 points. If no players guess the picture correctly, the storyteller gets 0 points
Otherwise, the storyteller gets 3 points.
If every player guesses the picture correctly, they all score 2 points
Otherwise, players who guess correctly score 3 points
Players score 1 point as non-storytellers every time their pictures are chosen.

So for the first round you want to come up with something that at least 1 person will get, but not everyone. For the second round, you want to submit a picture which could match the phrase, and for the third round, you want to guess the storyteller correctly.

You'll be given a deadline of 24 hours for each round, but please try not to use the whole time. Rounds will progress as soon as all 5 of you submit, which could be very fast. With your permission, I will notify you on discord when the next phase of the game occurs. Otherwise I will notify on the forums.

Cards will be posted in your confessionals momentarily.
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Chemist1422 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:02 pm

Manatee's game's signups will be delayed until tomorrow.
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby GoogleFeud » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:29 pm

Get ready for the next season of forum survivor: "Forum Survivor: World Tour"! An 18 player anonymous game with many unique and survivor-like mechanics.

Signups will go up at:
For anyone seeing the countdown as "Invalid Time": Signups go up at April 13th, 16:30 UTC
Last edited by GoogleFeud on Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
GoogleFeud
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby GoogleFeud » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:47 pm

Signups for "Survivor: World Tour" will go up in under 12 hours!

(amazing logo made by Qmanthegamer)
GoogleFeud
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby mdb1023 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:38 pm

For well over a year, we have consistently been running games of Forum Survivor and have built ourselves a nice little community. And as such, some of the hosts have thought it would be fun to take a moment to recognize the best of the best that this community has to offer. Ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased to announce: The First Annual Forum Survivor Awards! Here's how it's going to work:
We will be giving away 1 award for each of the following categories:

Best Winner - Awarded to a winner who has performed consistently well over their entire career in survivor

Best Non-Winner - Awarded to a non-winner who has performed consistently well over their entire career in survivor

Best Play - Awarded to the player who has made the best play/did the best in any singular survivor game regardless of any other

Proania Award - Awarded to the player who has consistently made the best social-centric plays

Zosteria Award - Awarded to the player who has consistently made the best ruthless-centric plays

Erane Award - Awarded to the player who has consistently made the best balanced plays

Best Idol Play - Awarded to the best use of idol in any single game

Best Game - Awarded to the best survivor game hosted

Best Host - Awarded to the host who have consistently hosted well over several games

Best Challenge - Awarded to the best original challenge introduced to survivor

Best Twist/Gimmick - Awarded to the best main mechanic in any single game

For 1 week, anyone in the community will be allowed to nominate someone/something for each category. If something is nominated 2 times before the week is over, that player/game/element will be officially nominated for that role and we will put up a vote for who/what will win each category!

NOMINATIONS RULES
All nominations must be made on either the Forum Survivor Hub thread or the channel I have created on the Forum Survivor Discord Server: #fs-awards-nominations. This channel is to be used for nominations only
Only one nomination per person per category is allowed. If you wish to change your nomination, you must delete your post (if on discord) or edit in a strike through (if on the thread) to indicate that you no longer wish to make your original nomination.
You may not nominate yourself or anything you've done/created for any category.
You have 1 week to make nominations, at which point we will move on to the voting phase. If there are too many nominees for a certain category, the hosts/ mod team reserves the right to narrow it down as we see fit.
You must have played in at least one game of Survivor/ Big Brother or be a frequent spectator in order to nominate.
Anything from before Ragnarok began is fair game. Since Ragnarok just started, it will be considered for next year's awards.
Nominees must be from a game of Survivor hosted through the ToS forums- ie no Big Brother, Betrayal, Circle, or offsite game nominations will be accepted.
No troll nominations allowed. The moderation team reserves the right to remove a nomination if we deem it not serious.

VOTING RULES
All candidates that pass the nominations phase will be added into a Google Form. Each member of the community is only allowed to vote via the form once and will be required to submit an email account to avoid any shenanigans. Any impersonation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with a ban.
We will use the Preferential Voting System, in which you will vote by ranking each candidate in order of preference. Whichever candidate falls into the best overall ranking will win the award.
You will have 4 days as of the final nominations to vote.
In order to vote, you must have played at least one game of Survivor or be a frequent Spectator.

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby npromin1 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:12 am

N's Nominations:

Best Winner - Qman (This one is a hard one. We have a VERY diverse cast of winners, the exact cast being: Lucas, Time [3 times], Cyphron, Hidden, Multi [2 times], Google, Wolfy, and last but not least, Q. [There's also me and Jalandh from BB but we don't count] The reason I'm nominating Q, however, is because he's one of the few players that were around since the very beginning and continue to be active today. He was a judge in the original Forum Survivor, placed 7th in Vucub's Survivor Salem, competed in the long canned Forum Survivor 2, took the role of team leader in Google's long gone ToSurvivors, placed 12th in CI, 6th in 2.1, 6th in Mystery Survivor, and 15th in Fusion, before finally securing his first win in Survivor Anarchy. [He also played in the first Big Brother] Needless to say, in old survivor I always considered him the Official Forum Survivor Protagonist, and for a multitude of reasons. Back then when heroicness and villainy in Survivor was still a thing, Q was a standout hero that, unlike other heroes, wasn't voted out quickly. He often took the role of team leader and led his tribes through daring and difficult challenges to victory. And even in Modern Survivor he made some very interesting plays, most notably turning the tide of the game against Chubby's alliance in Forum Survivor 2.1 when Team Supernovae voted out Phoenix. He might not have as good of a slate as some of the other contestants and his plays might be outshined by others, but he's been around since the very beginning, has shown consistent dedication to the franchise, and he is an all around great guy and I want to reward that. (Plus his art is friggin fantastic jeebees)

Best Non-Winner - Vivi (You can't talk about non winners that consistently perform well and NOT mention Vivi. Since her debut in Forum Survivor 2 she played like a friggin BEAST, making alliances aggressively and pushing hard to eliminate people who were threats to her. She perhaps has the best social game out of everyone in the Survivor community, and even after we get eliminated because she orchestrated our elimination, we still love her! In ToSurvivors, she had her entire team behind her back, keeping herself at the top with her social game. She placed 3rd in CI, which was quite tragic. If the game ended at F3 like most modern games do, or if someone didn't impersonate her in the final inmunity challenge thus leading to a redone challenge, she could have easily one the game, sweeping hard. In Fusion, she and Google dominated the pre-jury. In All Stars, she placed 5th and kicked some major butt from Zosteria. In Anarchy, she placed 10th, and with her amazing social game she orchestrated the elimination of several of her enemies using the anarchy twist to her advantage. Vivi is the best non winner hands down with her only competition being Timur (but I'm doing that thing where I try not to nominate someone more than once and Tim gets something else). Plus, like the others I'm nominating, she's been around for awhile and has consistently been a part of the community.)

Best Play - I can't think of one. I genuinely just can't think of a good one. There have been so many. There's so many options. I can't. I might edit something in here later but right now I just can't think of anything that I wasn't involved in that's really calling out to me.

Pronaia Award - Samuel (Sam deserves this nomination in my opinion. His playstyle is certainly not aggressive and in regards to alliances, Sam is loyal. Personally seeing him play and consistently perform well in games I sort of an inspiration. His existence is proof that you don't have to be aggressive and backstabby and super inclined to betray or lie or manipulate or deceive in order to win a game, and sometimes it feels like in order to win a game of Survivor you have to go out and do all the stuff, to get jury points or to better your position in the game or whatever. Although he hasn't one a game yet he has come quite close multiple times, and especially with his dedication to loyalty, I believe he deserves some recognition. Not to mention, Sam is an all around great guy, he's nice to talk to, and in games he's levelheaded yet not overly strategy-focused. Also, he's been around playing games consistently since the OG Survivor and I think our super veteran players deserve that recognition.)

Zosteria Award - PKR (So I just talked about how Samuel is like the pinnacle of loyalty in Forum Survivor. Now lemme talk about the exact opposite. PokemonKidRyan! PKR reminds us that Survivor is still a game, and a game that revolves around manipulation and deception at that. Ultimately, when it comes down to both survival and gaining jury points, you're gonna wanna make moves. If you can't make moves when you need to, you can get eliminated. And Ryan is really good at orchestrating betrayals and making moves AND getting away with it. As described by Yau, he's the only player that can betray four people in one challenge and still get away with it. Ryan reminds us all of the essence of Survivor. It's a game, and boy does he know how to play. Also, Ryan's been around since the first game, like a few of the others I nominated. He played in the original Forum Survivor, Survivor Salem, and Forum Survivor 2, and played key roles in each of those games. He also played in 2.1, All Stars, and Anarchy. Honestly, to me, Ryan out of all Survivor players, represents Zosteria the best.)

Erane Award - Timur (To my knowledge, Timur has been a part of every single Forum Survivor game except for the original and Survivor Salem, including the canned games (and Big Brother), and yet, although he hasn't won, he has played so consistently well in every game. Timur isn't like Samuel or PKR whereas he has a specific playstyle that seems to define him, but instead, his play style changes depending on what he needs to do each game. He betrays when he has to and he stays loyal when he has to. He just does what he needs to do to survive. He deserves some recognition, especially with his participation in so many games til the bitter end. Plus, Timur is friggin cool, and I love the characters he submits whenever we do character games. Timur for Erane.)

Best Idol Play - Super in Anarchy (Okay, it's the first elimination of the game. Nobody's gonna play an idol right? WRONG. Super, who was set to be eliminated in a 4-1-1 vote in the first elimination in aNarchy, surprised EVERYONE by tossing out a surprise idol. Not only did he play an idol on the first elimination, but he played it CORRECTLY. And boy was that a huge shake up for most people because they were expecting Super to go easily. That idol play really gave aNarchy true anarchy and it set precedent for the rest of the game. God, that tribal council was amazing. (Btw that was Flame AKA Time's idol. The one he stole from Lemon. Which btw ironically got Lemon eliminated. Jeez the irony there) And another tidbit, but the votes were originally going to tie again and there was going to be a ROCK DRAWING AND AN IDOL PLAY in the FIRST TRIBAL COUNCIL. But Rip that didn't happen. Anyway, Super, you're friggin crazy and I love you. Keep doing your thing, and those Nmotes? They're awesome too.)

Best Game - Consternation Island (So for me this one is pretty much PoE. I could nominate Survivor Fusion because I loved some of its twists to tribe dynamics and the game in general, but the broken challenges just kinda irk me to this day. I could put up Google's ToSurvivors but that was canned and canned games don't count ;(. I could nominate an older game for nostalgia, but Survivor was massively broken back then and sides' I can't nominate my own games anyway. I could nominate some of the newer games but some of them didn't go all that well and I honestly didn't follow them all that much. So in the end, it comes down to two games, All Stars, and CI. I loved both of those games, however, I'm going to nominate CI because it set the standard for modern survivor. When CI dropped, we were all new players (most of us), and the game was different. It was entirely centered around having to make alliances Day 1 and it was more laidback and enjoyable. Plus, I think All Stars is basically nearly everyone's favorite game and I wanna give some of the other games some credit. :D)

Best Host - Finn Spoiler: Image

(Real talk, though, Finn deserves the best host award. Not only as he put up some of the best games in existence... CI... Fusion... All-Stars... (Also Big Brother but they don't really count) but he ran them well. Yes, his games had their flaws and bumps, but every game does and that's really just a part of hosting. Hosting has its ups and downs, it's heaven clouds and it's hell pits, and from a fellow host, I totally understand both how rewarding and insanely stressful/difficult it can be, especially with real life obligations. So yeah, Finn deserves this. And honestly, he taught me a thing or two about how to run survivor games. (Vucub did too but since I was in Finn's games I got it more from him) Back before Finn posted CI I was out here alone hosting games that were insanely broken. They had roles, basted twists, and not the best challenge, and while I certainly enjoyed the nostalgia they provide, it's nothing like Modern Survivor. Each host has their own unique style, and in my opinion Finn's is the best.

I'm not just gonna hand over this title of Best Host without a fight though so fite me Finn let's go let's 1 v 1 right now cach me outside bovh

Best Challenge - I'm not going to nominate anything here (although I might change my mind) for a few reasons. No challenge really stands out to me honestly, even my own. Honestly Survivor is a social game about deception and such and the challenges are mostly fluff. Also, so many of the challenges are broken or flawed, or are subjective, or are boring or unfun. There are quite a few which are fun to do but none of them really stand out so, I'm just going to abstain from this one. (Side note: As a host, challenge making is one of the hardest parts of hosting, and I'm sure y'all other hosts can agree.)

Best Twist - Fusion Twist (I LOVED the Fusion Twist. It completely revolutionized Survivor for me. The idea of there being 4 tribes and 2 of them losing each challenge and attending tribal council together blew my mind and I absolutely loved it. I'm really sad that the twist stopped at F12 but hey, merge has got to happen at some point, right? Either way. I loved Finn's idea of screwing around with the tribe dynamics and it allowed players to form webs of complex alliances spanning multiple tribes and honestly it was so fun to play that game.)
npromin1
Lookout
Lookout

Postby marlony1 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:26 am

Best Winner - me

Best Non-Winner - Timur/Vivi

Best Play - me in FS 2, my b est game, le epic

Proania Award - im nice. i think that's what the award was asking for.

Zosteria Award - meeeeee. i killed a man in survivor. and i felt no pain.

Erane Award - i made friedns with pumpkin guy and got saved by a boat on an exploding island, that was pretty neat

Best Idol Play - fs 2 anarchy superduper (flame didn't do anything to help me xd rofl)

Best Game - survivor hell (coming 2025)

Best Host - my 100% serious superduper game in the survivor discord

Best Challenge - me breathing

Best Twist/Gimmick - me existing
"THE ONE AND ONLY. SPAGOT BOI SUPERDUPER *dAb DaB*"
-Superduper

Choose the character's actions in these fun and simple Arcade games:
Spoiler:
You: W-Where am I?

You wake up in a generic RPG.

Spoiler:
???: How will I get out of these rooms? I-I can't do anything...

SAVE the Red Girl

Spoiler:
But nothing was there...

Taking short break from forums
marlony1
Doctor
Doctor

Postby timurtheking » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:55 pm

saving
Check out my ideas:
The Philosophers (New Faction)
Witch Change/buff

Just remembering the good times when this forum was alive :))

Best known for; hosting The Room FG series and being the Right Hand of Game's Hub
timurtheking
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby lemonader666 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:39 am

reserved for nothing

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby mdb1023 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:24 pm

The form for the official voting is up! You will have 5 days from now to vote on each category. The winners will be revealed Saturday at noon CST on the official Discord Server, and will be posted here a little while after. Please note: to ensure no funny business with this form, you must submit an email address as well as your forum username. I will not be collecting either, it is simply to ensure nobody cheats.

https://forms.gle/8bFHLBNVBZzDvBJV8

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby dota2reporter » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:47 am

update dis
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Re: Survivor Hub (updated - 12/26)

Postby mdb1023 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:03 am

Only 2 days left to apply!

After three sucessful seasons, Finn the Human ORGs is back for a fourth, and this time we're honouring our legacy by bringing back a tribe of legends and a tribe of flops. But, they won't be alone, because we're also bringing in a tribe of 8 players who are new to our ORG, but not new to Survivor! Come apply for this ORG and give the returnees a run for their money!

We at Finn the Human ORGs are dedicated to providing players with an experience that is both acessible to new and experienced players alike, while also providing a high level of professionalism (as best we can). This season, we're pulling out all the stops, and it'll be a season unlike any other! This season will feature:

-Fire Tokens, with a new emphasis to make deciding when to spend your tokens even more crucial than ever!

- The mysterious Perdition Island, a new twist that will challenge players like never before

- New twists to keep everyone on their toes.

- A month of Discord Nitro for the Winner.

If you're interested in being one of the 8 Survivor Experts to take on our returning players, apply here: https://forms.gle/8ZWaBqEQzPDfsiQ18

Survivor: Legends vs Prospects vs Experts will begin with the cast reveal on August 16th! Casting will conclude on August 14th. Good luck to all who apply!

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Re: Survivor Hub (updated - 12/26)

Postby mdb1023 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:58 pm

Bored because of quarantine? Miss Forum Survivor from the goog ole days? Need some Horror to make up for the lack of (safe) haunted houses this year? Then boy do I have a game for you!

Introducing Finnvivor season 5!

We're starting our first horror themed season of Survivor with new branding, an expanded hosting team, and new and innovative twists! And it's all on discord! See the ad below for details! Contact me on discord @Finn#5059 if you have any questions!

In the darkest pits of the human mind lies the emotion that triggers some of the strongest responses- fear. Some aren't afraid to confront their inner most demons, while others bury their fears, locking them deep away, never to be spoken of or seen again. A Crypt, you could say. However, some individuals strive to find new and unique ways to open this Crypt, and thus created a most divisive genre: Horror. Some people hate having their fears ripped from their own personal Crypt, while others enjoy the rush of seeing just how far scared they can be.

Now, on October 17th, a group of brand new Survivor Players are about to experience a season all about Horror, with challenges and thematic elements inspired by various aspects of the Horror Genre. But, that's not all they'll have to face this season! A brand new twist in this game will give some players the power to potentially make Survivor History, while another twist will send one person from each tribe to face their fears each episode in The Crypt.

Our ORG has a hosting team that is dedicated to making this ORG experience accessible to seasoned ORG veterans and brand new ORG players alike! Whether you've never played Survivor before or have played loads of times, this is the ORG for you! Casting will close on October 16th, with player check ins happening that day and the Marooning beginning on October 17th! Hope to see you all there!
https://discord.gg/GUJazBY
https://forms.gle/fpGQvV9QeGNnAYbT6

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Return to Completed/Abandoned Games