BtM Christmas: Nutcracker Prince Wins

A place for old, unplayed, and completed games go to lie.

BtM Christmas: Nutcracker Prince Wins

Postby ElusiveBelle » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:04 pm

The land of mini games and chaos aplenty.

Forum Games is where you go to play various games of all kinds and sorts. Games that will require skill, luck, time, or even just a friend or two if you're lucky. There is a mixed bag of fun waiting to be had constantly with the many types of games to be played, so join in on one and have a good time. The featured game here for the event will be Behind The Masks, a staple in the FGs community.

The Hub can be found here to show the many games that have been played over the years. The earlier games have since been lost to the void but plenty can still be read to catch up on our glorious history and infamous plays.

Behind The Masks

Hello and welcome to Behind the Masks, where Christmas has come and it's time to prepare for the holiday season. The Christmas characters have convened together to race and prepare for Christmas this year but it seems some may be up to no good. It's now up to each of you to prove you're worth of staying on the Nice list while insuring that those others around you are revealed to as Naughty as you know them to be. Work your way to the top and have your friends moved to the Naughty list or you might be moved there in their place. Who will be the one remaining in the end?

The Roles:

Spoiler:
Abominable Snow Monster (The Barbarian)
You are the Abominable Snow Monster!

Being the large intimidating being that you are, three times per game during dinner you can use your impressive strength and intimidation to force another character to accept all duel challenges against them for the next challenge phase.

Buddy the Elf (The Blackmailer)
You are Buddy the Elf!

During the Dinner Phase, you may choose two players whom you think are not spreading enough Christmas cheer with their challenges. They must compete in one challenge by the start of the voting phase or they will be instantly moved to the Naughty List.

Cindy Lou Who (The Student)
You are Cindy Lou Who!

As one with an inquisitive nature you always want to know more and in losing you are no different. Every time you lose a challenge you go up two spaces on that respective list.

Heat Miser (The Blacksmith)
You are Heat Miser!

It's time to turn up the heat, at the beginning of each Action Phase you will be told the winners of the current Duels.
It is now time to prove you are better of the two between you and your brother and with your help, three times per game, you may change the intended winner of one of the upcoming duels. You may only change your own results once.

Hermy the Elf (The Mystic)
You are Hermy the Elf!

You've never wanted to be an elf, it has never been your calling. Once per game, if you are about to be voted to the Naughty list you will instead leave your job to pursue being a Dentist and take over someone else's position to do it.
The person whose job you take must have lost a challenge and be voting for you
You will take over their job and pursue dentistry as their character.
Side note: When they possess they take their spot on the dance/duel list.

Jack Frost (The Poisoner)
You are Jack Frost!

Each Voting Phase you can add winter magic into the plate of another character, the character to eat the tampered food will be frozen over during the night and be late for challenges the next day which will move them to the Naughty list.

Jack Skellington (The Actor)

You are Jack Skellington!

Since finding the doors to the other holidays you have traveled far and wide. In your travels you have met many other characters and may now guess at the job of any character that has been deemed "Naughty." PM the moderator to use this power. You will be told if your guess is correct or incorrect. If your guess is correct, you will keep track of their role on your list of interests.
Once per game, you may select a role from your list and try your hand at their job.
You will inherit all of their abilities and list rankings becoming that character.
However, you will still only be guessable as the Jack Skellington
Once you have decided to try your hand at someone else's job you no longer have interest in keeping track of other characters and will not guess at anyone else.
All players will be notified when Jack has chosen a role, but they will not be told what that role may be.
You may not become Jack Frost.

King Moonracer (The Auger)
You are King Moonracer!

During the Action Phase, you may send your misfit subjects to speak to characters on the Naughty list under your command to ask any question of your choosing. (Question length = 100 characters).
The dead player may respond to each question(20 characters).
Three times per game, you may instead send your misfits to the Moderator instead and ask one question about a player on the Naughty list. The Moderator will not lie for any reason.

The Mouse King (The Royal)
You are The Mouse King!!

Being the high royal that you are your word carries more weight than any other in the kingdom, each voting phase you may PM a secret vote on any eligible character of your choosing. The vote will appear as "The Mouse King."
Once per game you can force the naughty listed character onto one eligible player that voting phase.

Nester the Long Eared Donkey (The Underdog)
You are Nester the Long Eared Donkey

You've always been the underdog, passed over for one thing or another but everyone roots for the underdog.
You will always win any challenge you are in if you are against someone with two more wins than you in the same kind of challenge you're in. Challenges for the current phase do not count to this total.
It takes a soul to go after a christmas favourite publicly, however....
No one can guess anyone as The Underdog using a free guess - it can only be done using a Naughty List Stake Guess

Nutcracker Prince (The Soldier)
You are the Nutcracker Prince!

Being the devoted soldier that you are you are immune to being frozen by Jack Frost
If Ralphie tries to shoot you in the eye, they will instead shoot their own eye and end up on the Naughty List.

Ralphie (The Man-At-Arms)
You are Ralphie!

You've finally got your Red Ryder Carbine Action 200-shot Range Model air rifle and everyone else is jealous of it, every voting phase should you have a bullet stored in your rifle you can let another player use your rifle and they will shoot themselves in the eye moving themselves to the Naughty List.
You can only let players that lost in the last challenge phases play with your rifle.
Additionally, you also gain an additional bullet every time you defeat a player in a duel or dance.
The shooting is silent, meaning it does not reveal your role.
You cannot store more than 1 shots at a time.
You start off with 1 shot.

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (The Court Jester)
You are Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!

You've always been a different kind of reindeer and your nose makes you stand out the most, due to your differences your abilities fluctuate with it. Whenever someone is moved to the Naughty List any way other than by voting your position on both lists randomizes.
Once per game you may shine your bright red nose and distract everyone from acting in the Voting Phase.

Ebenezer Scrooge (The Professor)
You are Ebenezer Scrooge!

The ever prominent business man you are you've built an empire and amassed quite the fortune, with your knowledge and money you have your ways to take a second shot at guessing another character. Each time you make a guess you may submit a second guess along side it. Only the correct guess or your first guess will be displayed.
With your infamy and fortune, if you win a challenge that set of phases you can submit a third guess alongside the first two.

Snow Miser (The Musician)
You are Snow Miser!

It's time to turn bring in the cold, at the beginning of each Action Phase you will be told the winners of the current Dances.
Now is the time to prove you are better of the two between you and your brother and with your help, three times per game, you may change the intended winner of one of the upcoming Dances. You may only change your own results once.

Sugar Plum Fairy (The Nymph)
You are the Sugar Plum Fairy!

Each dinner phase you may choose between the three traits of being the perfect princess; Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice
When as Sugar form you are moved to the top of the dance list and bottom of the duel
When as Spice form you are moved to the top of the duel list and bottom of the dance
When in Everything Nice form you take a neutral stance in the middle(Above Hermy the Elf on Dance, Below on Duel)
And are immune to Jack Frost and Ralphie.
You start as Everything Nice form.

The Grinch (The Thief)
You are The Grinch!

Always one for mischief each dinner phase you may swap around other players plates.
You may switch up plates a maximum of 5 times each dinner phase.
When Jack Frost turns Naughty you will take it upon yourself to cause even more chaos and be just like them.

Challenge Phase:
During the challenge phase you may challenge anyone in your current bracket of players to a Duel or a Dance. The difference between the two depends on what role you have, but you may only challenge one person per phase. All sales are final, once you issue a challenge it cannot be taken back under any circumstances, same with accepting or denying do be mindful of this. For a challenge to go through, one person must challenge another and then the other must accept the challenge. Each person is given 1 deny at the start of the game, which they can use to refuse a challenge from another player. You can get more denies as a gift. CP1 will not consume your denies but from then on you must use a deny if you wish to reject another player's challenge.

Duel:
Spoiler: SugarPlum Fairy(If Spicy)
Abominable Snow Monster
Nutcracker Prince
Ralphie
Heat Miser
Buddy the Elf
King Moonracer
Ebenezer Scrooge
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
Hermy the Elf
SugarPlum Fairy (If Everything Nice)
Jack Frost
Nester the Long Earned Donkey
Jack Skellington
The Grinch
Cindy Lou Who
Snow Miser
The Mouse King
SugarPlum Fairy (If Sugar)

Dance:
Spoiler: SugarPlum Fairy (If Sugar)
The Mouse King
The Grinch
Snow Miser
Buddy the Elf
Jack Frost
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
Jack Skellington
SugarPlum Fairy (If Everything Nice)
Hermy the Elf
Ebenezer Scrooge
King Moonracer
Cindy Lou Who
Nester the Long Earned Donkey
Ralphie
Nutcracker Prince
Heat Miser
Abominable Snow Monster
SugarPlum Fairy (If Spicy)

Action Phase:
During this phase, most secondary actions will take part in this phase. Look at your role card to see when you can do each action.
After the action phase, duels and dances will be carried out and results given out to start the Voting Phase.

Voting phase:
Anyone who loses a duel or a dance is eligible for voting.
The Mouse King can vote twice, but otherwise each person gets to vote once.
Everyone must vote, you may not abstain
If you are voted off by the group, you will be deemed Naughty and thus out of the game.
Roles are not revealed upon death and nobody can be voted on the first turn

Additionally, during this phase, if you took part in a challenge you may PM me for your choice of gift. (You receive 1 gift for each challenge you partook in, win or lose.) Also refer to your role card if you have an action to send in as well this phase.

There are 5 gifts to choose from
Free guess - You can guess someone's role the following dinner phase. You cannot store free guesses, and you can only make one guess per dinner phase. This gift remains active, and the guess must be PM'd to me. If you do not use the free guess in the phase you acquire it, it will be wasted. You cannot have more than 1 of this gift.
Free deny - You can get an additional deny to use for challenges.
Free switch - Free plate switch that allows you to pass your food to other people.
Guess immunity - You may ask for guess immunity, preventing you from being guessed for that dinner phase. Any guesses on you will be rendered invalid, regardless of whether correct or not. This gift is automatically used on the phase you acquired it. You cannot have more than 1 of this gift.
Gift reserve - This gift can be redeemed at any point later in the game for a gift of your choosing. You can only hold up to 1 of this gift at a time.

Remember, you get 1 gift for every challenge you were in. Regardless if you won or lost.

Dinner phase:
After all the other phases, those remaining will sit and eat dinner. During this time, you can choose to swap your plate with anybody else, however nobody is allowed to trade back. You must either keep it or trade it to someone else whom did not give you the plate.
The Plate Jack Frost targeted in the voting phase will move the player holding it at the end of dinner to the Naughty List.
The Grinch can make five hidden PM swaps
If someone takes your plate after you "No Switch," you must lock in your action again.
You are allowed to use as many switches as you have available.

Change notes and Quirks:
-Buddy the Elf can target two players each dinner phase
-No Premium Food
-Voting is not locked in until I receive all votes and gifts
-No PMing or other forms of communication outside the thread.
-Prods will be given 24 hours after phase start if no action is taken by then
-No Last wills and Last Posts, dead chat will be available.

The Players:
GifttheGiver (The Snow Owl) - Voted to be Naughty VP6
EdwardMidford (The Lion) - Voted to be Naughty VP2
NesMettaur (The Chestnut) - (0 Deny/ 1 Plate Swap)
Sunfirejr (The Yeti) [0 Deny/1 Plate Swap]
MDB1023 (The Memory of Puff) - Shot by Ralphie VP1
Deadpool696913 (The Dog) - Guessed as The Abominable Snow Monster DP1
DJVoxel (The Mask) - Frozen Over by Jack Frost DP3
TardisPaten (The Arctic Wolf) - Frozen Over by Jack Frost DP4
TheEyeOfRed (The Scrooge) - Voted to be Naughty VP3
TimurtheKing (The King Frog) - Frozen Over by Jack Frost DP6
Tigerire77 (The Fish) - Blackmailed with Christmas Cheer CP3
BRVR (The Snoot) - Voted to be Naughty VP4
Npromin1 (The Cloaked N) - Guessed as The Mouse King DP3
Lemonader666 (The Ghost) - Voted to be Naughty VP5
Watt2015 (The Shy Guy) - Frozen Over by Jack Frost DP1
YauAustin202 (The Dragon) - Frozen Over by Jack Frost DP2
Andilin1 (The Ghost of Rolo) [1 Deny/0 Plate Swap]
Last edited by ElusiveBelle on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:37 pm, edited 71 times in total.

The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth
ElusiveBelle
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Re: BtM Christmas Event

Postby ElusiveBelle » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:05 pm

Moleland will be co-hosting with me and the game may be altered dependent on number of sign ups

ElusiveBelle
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby TrialBot » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:10 pm

/Join for mayhem
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Moleland » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:11 pm

TrialBot wrote:There are no guilty reports found for user "ElusiveBelle".

Nice one trial bot
Host record
Spoiler: CofC 1 Tilted, PitIcarus and Lokiben WIN
CofC 2 NDM, Elusive, Sircakez, Swampy157, Kirize12, Transportowiec96, Moon and Samuel WIN
Fort: Tower EOTT WIN
Cluafia 1 Innocents WIN
CofC 3 Chubby WIN
Cluafia 2 Innocents WIN
CofC 4 Samuel, Elusive and PKR WIN
Pokémon BtM EOTT WIN
GIBtM Samuel WIN
T&E BtM BRVR WIN
Moleland
[Forum Mafia VIII] Winner

Postby Cirque » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:40 am

On a scale of 1-10 how confusing would you rate this
Because if it's not that confusing I'll join :lol:

FM Record: 8 - 1
Cirque
Mayor
Mayor

Postby yauaustin202 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:41 am

Cirque wrote:On a scale of 1-10 how confusing would you rate this

As a beginner, with 25 roles, i'd give it a solid 7 on the difficulty meter if you wanna grasp everything
yauaustin202
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby Cirque » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:44 am

yauaustin202 wrote:

As a beginner, with 25 roles, i'd give it a solid 7 on the difficulty meter if you wanna grasp everything

Oh jeez, I'll probably watch from the sidelines. This looks very interesting though.

FM Record: 8 - 1
Cirque
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Shilster » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:44 am

Cool
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby yauaustin202 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:11 am

Cirque wrote:
yauaustin202 wrote:

Oh jeez, I'll probably watch from the sidelines. This looks very interesting though.

Honestly everything's in the OP, this should be your call.
yauaustin202
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby Tigerfire77 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:59 am

yauaustin202 wrote:

I would say 8. This is technically my second game but all this information is just an abudance and a lot. I still wanna join and try this out though. When can we sign up?
Just trying to live my life
Tigerfire77

Postby yauaustin202 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:21 am

Just join right now with a mask name i believe.
Elu did you have a specification on this?
yauaustin202
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby tardispaten » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:27 am

There's no specification from what I read.
I'm the alpha wolf with the howl that is worse than my bite!
A gentle, caring creature that will gladly be your companion or let you become part of the pack.

BtM: Main mask - The Wolf
Spoiler: Image

Death Note Moderator

tardispaten
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby Moleland » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:51 am

Cirque wrote:
yauaustin202 wrote:

Myself and Elu are both on frequently, and are happy to help you. It is a lot to take onboard to start with, but when it clicks, it all clicks. This game is open especially for newbies, so you won't be alone too. :)
Host record
CofC 2 NDM, Elusive, Sircakez, Swampy157, Kirize12, Transportowiec96, Moon and Samuel WIN
Cluafia 1 Innocents WIN
CofC 3 Chubby WIN
Cluafia 2 Innocents WIN
Pokémon BtM EOTT WIN
GIBtM Samuel WIN
T&E BtM BRVR WIN
Moleland

Postby ElusiveBelle » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:37 am

The game itself is not that complicated, the trick comes in on how you want to play your role once you receive it.
Paying attention to Dance and Duel results will help you figure out the respective lists and plan accordingly while also being mindful of other potential dangers and how to avoid them.

ElusiveBelle
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby NesMettaur » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:03 am

/join as the Chestnut

...or should we still be animals?
Chestnut seemed Christmas-y enough but if that's not good then I'll just use /the Nautilus instead.

Also, long time no see!
BtM Results
T3-Professor-4th(Poisoned)
T4-Barbarian-5th(Executed)
T5-Peasant-3rd(Executed)
T6-Programmer-12th(Forcefully Executed)
Christmas Event-Nutcracker Prince-1st
NesMettaur
Survivor
Survivor

Postby ElusiveBelle » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:25 am

I don't have a mask restriction, you can be anything you want.
This game is for funsies and having a good time.
Also welcome back Nes!

ElusiveBelle
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby sunfirejr » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:43 am

/join The Yeti
imma holiday up my normal mask
in before im snow monster

Avatar and signature provided by AaronC, thanks Aaron (Slighly editied by me for a bit)

Sometimes i post
sunfirejr
Jester
Jester

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:42 pm

Good luck all who join.
I’m busy studying for January mocks so I’m having to limit my games and GBtM was pretty big for me.
Have fun any newbies who try and don’t go too hard on them experienced players :P
My personality:
Spoiler: Image

My alts were EdwardMidford and TsuchiyaTenaka. I apologise profusely for being bad and hiding behind them. I ask for forgiveness but know that won't be a simple feat. Please stop bringing up my past, as I'm striving towards a new future. I just sometimes struggle to show that I truly want said change.
PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby mdb1023 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:07 pm

/join as The memory of Puff

she was going to cohost this :(
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby Moleland » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:13 pm

Does that make me Puff now?
Host record
Cluafia 1 Innocents WIN
CofC 3 Chubby WIN
Cluafia 2 Innocents WIN
Pokémon BtM EOTT WIN
GIBtM Samuel WIN
T&E BtM BRVR WIN
Moleland

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:25 pm

Key words, "Was going to", as in not going to anymore, thus no you are not Puff
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby mdb1023 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:34 pm

Moleland wrote:Does that make me Puff now?

no offense, but you'll never be Puff.

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:55 pm

Not necessarily a bad thing
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby mdb1023 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:58 pm

There can only be one puff....

<3

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Moleland » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:25 pm

mdb1023 wrote:There can only be one puff....

<3

Woooow get a room already ;) j/k. Puff seemed cool actually, shame she had to leave this world before her time
Host record
Cluafia 1 Innocents WIN
CofC 3 Chubby WIN
Cluafia 2 Innocents WIN
Pokémon BtM EOTT WIN
GIBtM Samuel WIN
T&E BtM BRVR WIN
Moleland

Next