The Mansion 3 (Finished)

A place for old, unplayed, and completed games go to lie.

Re: The Mansion 3

Postby InsaneSmile » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:42 pm

Yau takes advantage of the failed throw and swings at the lightly armored gladiator. Spending decades in the arena, the gladiator skillfully thrusts his trident at the sword, throwing it from the hands of Yau. The sword clatters to the ground and Yau is left defenseless. He again thrusts his trident forward, and Yau is unable to avoid the attack. It pierces his gut close to the gash in his side. Yau stumbles backwards, feeling weaker due to losing even more blood. Xer sees the injured viking approaching him, and despite his wound, swings the sledgehammer into his helmet. The heavy sledgehammer crushes through the metal helmet and the viking drops to the floor, blood pooling by his motionless body. The Zulu leaps over the fallen viking and jabs his cow skin shield into Xer's face, breaking his nose and clouding his vision.

Echo: Favored, stop the ritual! Make them submit!

The knight rises to his feet and scrambles towards Sword. Sword desperately tries to light another herb pile, and it just manages to catch fire as the knight arrives. Sword brings his sword to parry, but is too slow. The spiked mace tears through the side of Sword's face, pulling skin apart as creates canyons of gouged flesh. Sword staggers backwards, pain burning through his face, as blood pours out and bits of flesh hang from the side of his face.
Special thanks to Burgy and Parker for their amazing artwork!
Check out my Guide to Hosting
DizzyWaddleDoo wrote:Starting to think your smile isn't the only thing that's insane.
My custom role...
Anarchist

Rest in Peace Spirit.
InsaneSmile
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby XerxesLeFan » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:01 am

/smash the zulu in the legs and take his shield

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
【Horane - Lucius - Phoenix】
chubee wuz heer
XerxesLeFan
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Location: ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ, ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ, ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ, ꜱᴀʏ ɪ'ᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ

Postby yauaustin202 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:46 pm

/run to grab my sword and attack the knight attacking Swords
yauaustin202
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby InsaneSmile » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:53 pm

On Swords.
DizzyWaddleDoo wrote:Starting to think your smile isn't the only thing that's insane.
My custom role...
Anarchist

Rest in Peace Spirit.
InsaneSmile
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby InsaneSmile » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:02 pm

I'll give it 24 hours, but then we gotta move along.
My custom role...
Anarchist

Rest in Peace Spirit.
InsaneSmile
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Swordsworth » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:36 pm

[Sorry about that]

/defend myself while finishing all the lightings
Spoiler: Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere waiting for me

S E N A T O R M E M E C H I N O
Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

Postby InsaneSmile » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:18 am

Ghostly hands burst from the ground, but again they catch no one. Xer squares off with the Zulu, each waiting for the other to move first. The Zulu bursts forwards, but Xer is ready. The sledgehammer crashes through the Zulu's leg, snapping its femur and sending it to the ground. Xer grabs its shield while dodging it's jabs from the ground. Yau grabs his sword, breaks combat with the gladiator and rushes to Sword's defense. The knight turns to engage Yau, giving his mace a flourish. Despite his horrific wounds, with extreme precision, Yau manages to glide the sword through the knight's visor slight, directly into its brain. Immediately the knight ceases all movement, and collapses to the floor when Yau removes the blade. Sword manages to get one lit quickly, and then races to another herb pile. The gladiator tries to intercept, but with a parry and a kick away, Sword is again moving towards a herb pile. This one catches quickly, leaving on one remaining.

Echo: When the collection fails, the collector must intervene. But it won't be alone.

With a wave of her hand, Xer feels something immediately tighten around his ankle. He looks downward and see Chubby grabbing his leg, his obliterated head still leaking blood. Xer tries to shake him as Samuel gets to his feet, a clear hole right through his skull, and runs towards Xer, preparing to attack with his bar.
My custom role...
Anarchist

Rest in Peace Spirit.
InsaneSmile
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby XerxesLeFan » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:48 am

/smash samuel's body, and block attacks with the shield

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
chubee wuz heer
XerxesLeFan
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Location: ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ, ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ, ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ, ꜱᴀʏ ɪ'ᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ

Postby yauaustin202 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:33 pm

/watch and dive to tackle the gladiator if it tries to attack swords, attempting to interrupt if it attacks
yauaustin202
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby InsaneSmile » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:10 am

On Sword. We'll wait 24hours.
My custom role...
Anarchist

Rest in Peace Spirit.
InsaneSmile
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Swordsworth » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:39 am

/finish the final lighting, defending against attacks

This will be all, Echo.
Spoiler: Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere waiting for me

S E N A T O R M E M E C H I N O
Swordsworth
Patron
Patron

Postby InsaneSmile » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:01 am

Xer swings the sledgehammer with one hand at the undead Samuel, but Samuel is quicker than his dead state suggests. He parries with his bar and knocks the hammer from Xer's hand. He then swings the heavy bar at Xer, who ducks behind his shield. But the cowskin shield provides little protections and the bar crashes through it, right into Xer's arm. He howls in pain as the bones in his forearm shatter, leaving his left arm at a horrific angel. Chubby then raises to his feet, and grabs the hammer from the ground. The Zulu, despite begins slowed immensely by his wound, begins making his way over to Xer. The gladiator rushes toward Sword, but gets utterly laid out by a tackle from Yau, allowing Sword to light the final herb pile. As the leaves catch fire, the blood smears turn from a deep crimson, to a glowing bright red. Echo screams, as her ghostly white form turns grey, and a glowing beating red aura appears in her chest. She begins to yell, her voice portraying how unhinged she has become.

Echo: I shall torture you for eternity!

She dives at Sword, who tries to lunge backwards, but her speed has increased from her rage. She grabs him by the neck, lifting him into the air. Sword desperately tries to tear himself from her grasp, but with every passing second, he becomes weaker and weaker. Yau and Xer look on in horror as Sword's hair turns grey and his face becomes wrought with wrinkles. After only a few moments, Echo drops Sword to the floor, and his hundred year old corpse lies still

Spoiler: Swordsworth is dead!
My custom role...
Anarchist

Rest in Peace Spirit.
InsaneSmile
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby yauaustin202 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:22 pm

/attempt to get away from the gladiator and run my sword through echo
yauaustin202
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby InsaneSmile » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:52 pm

yauaustin202 wrote:/attempt to get away from the gladiator and run my sword through echo

Where through her body?
My custom role...
Anarchist

Rest in Peace Spirit.
InsaneSmile
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby yauaustin202 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:29 am

InsaneSmile wrote:
yauaustin202 wrote:/attempt to get away from the gladiator and run my sword through echo

Where through her body?

/Attempt to go for the head
yauaustin202
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby XerxesLeFan » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:55 am

/dodge and take an obsidian club from a dead caveman in my good hand

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
chubee wuz heer
XerxesLeFan
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby InsaneSmile » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:10 pm

Fortunately for Xer, there is a club close by, and he snatches it up with his good had. Chubby reaches him first, and begins swinging wildly, although isn't even close. The crippled Zulu then tries to stab Xer with his broken spear, but his attacks are easily dodged. Rounding out the mangled bunch, Samuel swings his bar at Xer, but is parried away by the club. Sword gets to his feet, and begins to rush towards the hovering Echo. He hears a loud grunt from behind, and turns in time to see the gladiator throw his trident. It flies over Yau's head, and lodges itself in the statue of Echo in the middle of the foyer. Yau continues towards Echo, no more undead standing in the way. He jumps in the air, and swings his enchanted sword into Echo's head. The sword again seems to hang in time as it passes through the side her head, time only being kept by Echo's screams. Yau pulls out the blade as he comes crashing to the ground, and turns to see the damage. Echo's ghostly face has a large cut across it, but as she raises her hands, and her fingers curl into fists, the gash fades away. She smiles at Yau, a smile like a corpse's mouth being moved by fish hooks and wire. Echo then dives towards Yau, sweeping low to grab his neck, like she did to Sword, but Yau drops to the ground and she passes over him.
My custom role...
Anarchist

Rest in Peace Spirit.
InsaneSmile
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby yauaustin202 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:47 pm

/focus on dodging attacks, and when echo attempts to attack me, raise my sword towards her hands so that she pierces herself with it
yauaustin202
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby XerxesLeFan » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:04 am

/club the shit outta samuel and block the hammer from chubby

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
chubee wuz heer
XerxesLeFan
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby InsaneSmile » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:39 am

Samuel is the first the approach Xer, but with one powerful swing, Xer caves in Samuel's head. His body drops to the floor, once again becoming a corpse. Chubby and the Zulu then attack in unison, but Xer some manages to fend both of the off with only one hand. Echo flies down towards Yau once again, trying to lift him in the air. But when she reaches out for Yau, he thrusts his sword forward into her extending hands. As the sword hangings in time, passing through her hands, Echo's mouth twists in agony. She reels backwards and darts away, but it only takes a moment for her hands to heal once more.
My custom role...
Anarchist

Rest in Peace Spirit.
InsaneSmile
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby yauaustin202 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:30 am

/as she is darting back, attempt to rush for her and run the sword through her chest
yauaustin202
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby XerxesLeFan » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:38 pm

/bonk the zulu

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
chubee wuz heer
XerxesLeFan
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby InsaneSmile » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:48 am

Xer side steps the Zulu's thrust and brings his club to it is face, obliterating the its skull. It drops, leaving only Chubby left standing in front of Xer. Chubby slowly approaches Xer, and the two circle each other for a moment, before Chubby barrels forward. The sledgehammer, which has taken so much life, is about to take one more. The metal head crashes into Xer's side, shattering his ribs, and tearing apart his organs. Crying out, Xer drops to a knee, losing his grip on his club. Chubby walks to the crippled Xer, and for a moment, Xer believes he catches a glimpse of his old friend Chubby in that undead husk.

Xer: Chubby, don't...

The hesitation ends suddenly as Chubby raises his hammer, and brings it crashing through Xer's head. One more death attributed to the hammer. Chubby and the gladiator begin moving towards Yau, but are intercepted as ghostly versions of the two Roman legionaries and the Greek hoplite appear to help. The two groups clash, allowing Yau to totally focus on Echo. As Echo floats away, Yau tenaciously pursues her despite his wounds. When she turns to face him, Yau leaps into the air. He aims his sword at the beating red aura in her chest and thrusts forward. Echo darts backwards away from the attack, but then swoops back down at Yau. With one hand she grabs him by the neck, and the other grabs the wrist holding the sword. She lifts him into the air and horrific pain erupts across Yau's body. Aging. Yau can feel the aging that would take place over decades, happening in a second. His muscles begin to sage, his skin develops a unhealthy tint, and looking at his reflection in the fiery eyes of Echo, he can even see his hair turning grey. Yau knows he only has a few seconds to kill Echo before she kills him.

Spoiler: XerxesLeFan is dead!

(Sorry for the delay in responses, life got a lil busy. Should be on top of responses now.)
My custom role...
Anarchist

Rest in Peace Spirit.
InsaneSmile
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby yauaustin202 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:57 am

/use the last of my strength to hold onto the sword and try to once again pierce her chest with it
yauaustin202
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Re: The Mansion 3 (Finished)

Postby InsaneSmile » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:11 pm

With years flying by every millisecond, Yau battles with Echo for control of the enchanted sword. As his youthful strength has almost left his body, he puts everything into wrenching his wrist out of Echo's grasp. Despite the screaming of his muscles and the howling of his wounds, Yau finds the strength to free his wrist and taking back control of the sword. He drives the enchanted weapon through Echo's chest, piercing the red aura. Echo shrieks as blinding white light begins to tear through her ghostly skin. Terrified of what will happen, Yau tries to free himself from her grip. He drops the sword and begins prying her fingers from his neck as cracks of light continue to spread across her body. With almost no energy left, Yau puts the last of it to wrench her hand from his neck and he begins to fall. Yau braces himself to hit the tile, but he passes right through the floor and continues to fall into an abyss. He watches Echo thrash about, pain so obviously running rampant through her body, until the light becomes so blinding Yau must shut his eyes. Even closed, the light penetrates through his eyelids, until suddenly there is only black. Yau tries to open his eyes again, but can't feeling or move anything in his body. He begins to panic, wondering if this is what death is, until he remembers this is just like when they traveled to the mansion. Just like before, he soon spots his body below him, and falls directly into it.

Yau bolts to his feet, his breathing heavy. Sweat soaks through his undershirt and rolls down his face. He looks around and see he's in a filthy alley off of a bustling city street. Could it have all been a dream, he thinks. Spotting a broken mirror propped against a wall, he hurries over to look at himself. Through a shattered image, Yau barely recognizes himself. His hair, while always light, is now ghostly white. His once smooth skin is now covered in wrinkled. Always adapting to new situations, Yau smiles to himself. As he exits the alley, and joins the crowd, he begins to think about what cons and schemes can be pulled of by being thirty and looking sixty.

The End.

Well y'all, this is it. The end of The Mansion 3 and Full Circle 3. I hope those who played enjoyed it as much as I did. I'd like to get your thoughts about this game, what you liked and what you didn't. Also, since this is my last game hosting I'd also like to hear about what you thought of my games overall. Which ones did you like and which ones didn't you? What were some of your most memorable or fun moments from the games? I've enjoyed hosting many games over the years and so thankful to those who continued to play my games and really made awesome to host. Throughout these two games, Ive been making notes about forum games stuff, and figured this would be a good place to drop them.

Spoiler: As I have spent over a quarter of my life on these forums playing, but mainly hosting, forum games, I'd figure I'd say some stuff on my last one. It's mostly my opinions on forum games, useless information that's been clogging up my brain, and a healthy dose of rambling. Honestly I'm not entirely sure why I'm writing this all out, but hosting forum games have brought me a lot of joy and pride over the year, and I'd like say something about it.

Forum Games Types:
I hosted three types of games:
PvE- The Ship, The Vanity of Snow, Oxygen is a Luxury, The Mansion 3
PvP (Individual)- Full Circle 1-3
PvP (Team)- The Mansion, The Zeppelin 1-3

My favorite to run would definitely be the PvE because I could really create a story as well as have much more control of actions and the environment and really make crazy thinks happen. This was unquie to PvE as any sort of advantage for one player in PvP is directly a disadvantage to another player. The downside of PvE is they can really drag out, especially when there is a specific issue that needs to be resolved by one player or a small group of players, that halts the progress of the game. This was a particularly unforeseen issue with The Ship, which was one of the reason it took so long.

PvP (Individual) were fun to host, stayed on track better than PvE, and definitely the best type of forum game for newer hosts. They run well as people are more motivated to be active and if someone is inactive, they only hurt themselves and don't foul up pacing. The scope is also usually smaller so you have to worry less about players getting creative and having to completely rewrite the story.

PvP (Team) forum games were incredibly hit or miss. The Mansion and the first Zeppelin were excellent. The bad guys were a force to be reckoned with and nearly won both times. The games were exciting throughout and had climactic endings. The Zeppelin 2&3, not so much. The bad guys, which are the driving force in a game of informed minority vs uninformed majority, did almost nothing until the final moments of the game. This lead to a lot of walking around and questioning other players, for almost nothing to happen by the end of the game. I would give a warning to anyone who tries to run this type of game as it can be a frustrating endeavor. That being said, the two that worked are among my favorite games ever hosted.

On the specific games, nearly unquestionably my favorite was The Vanity of Snow. The pacing ended up great, people got into their characters, and just a very enjoyable game to host. I really wanted to tie the story into Full Circle 3/The Mansion 3, with the scientist and mutated creatures, but kept feeling restrained and had real difficulty creating a story for these games with a continuation of that story. I enjoyed hosting every game I hosted, but of course some went better than others. For Oxygen is a Luxury, I didn't prep as much as I had for other games as well as didn't really understand the physics of space too well, and honestly I think it showed in the final result. The Ship, while I very much enjoyed it, took 10 months with a 4 month break, and had other bumps, but I am so glad I brought it back to finish it. I highly recommend to hosts, that unless you have created a game that's either too massive in scope or just doesn't work, power through and try to end it, even if that ending isn't the way you imagined. You'll have a great sense of achievement from it as well as learn lessons for a future game.

Combat:
I would like to discuss how I have done combat throughout my games as it is a focal point in all of them. The RNG would be between 1 and 10 and the rolls would be modified depending on weapons used, being wounded would add a negative modifier, and environmental effects. Say A attacks B, I would roll for A's attack and then B's defense. If A's roll was higher than B's, the attack would hit, I would then roll again for the damage done, which would be modified by what weapons were being used. This is why you'd sometimes hit, but only scratch your opponent. Certain weapons, like the bench press bar would be interesting as it would have a negative to hit modifier due to weight, but a large positive modifier to wound because of the weight.

The exact numbers and damage done depended on the circumstance, but for PvP games, I normally gave each player three "lives", with each solid hit taking away a life, and really high rolls taking two. On the topic of injuries, I would like to address bleeding out and medical care. If you attended to your wounds in almost anyway, I accepted that as stopping the bleeding. The reason for this is because death from blood loss really isn't a fun forum game mechanic. Most people who sustained the serious wounds that the characters take, would die in the following days from lack of medical care. I try to keep my games as realistic as possible, but dying two days after a fight because all you could find was a rag to wrap around your gaping wound, isn't fun.

Misc:
Time moves strangely in a forum game and it can be difficult to handle at times if you have a free form game. They can be over in a matter of hours or drag on for days. If there is a fight in one room, how do you handle someone who is active and moving quickly about the map, when they want to move into the room with the fight?

Writing in 2nd/3rd person in the present tense is weird. I think it works best for how a forum game should sound, but it is funky to write in and why sometimes I just butchered the grammar.

Final:
Full Circle 3/The Mansion 3 will be the last games I host. I'm joining my country's army and thus will not have the time to host games in the future. I hope to stay in contact with y'all and depending on certain circumstances, may even have enough time to play in a forum game. I won't be checking the forums much in the future, but if you're hosting a game or are playing in one you think I'd like, send me a PM or discord. Also if you want my advice on anything relating to hosting, I couldn't be happier to help. I've been lucky there has been such a great forum games community here and its bittersweet to be leaving it, but the memories I've made with y'all will not soon be forgotten.
My custom role...
Anarchist

Rest in Peace Spirit.
InsaneSmile
Retributionist
Retributionist

PreviousNext

Return to Completed/Abandoned Games