RR:R - 3A [May 12, 4:21am Old City District, St. Lucius]

A place for old, unplayed, and completed games go to lie.

RR:R - 3A [May 12, 4:21am Old City District, St. Lucius]

Postby DJVoxel » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:48 pm

Group Members:
  1. Scyther: (GrumpyGoomba)
    Model: SF-Ripper-01
    Company: Sangvis Ferri

Performance Parameters:
    Spoiler: PLT: 10
    POT: 2
    PRC: 5
    PRV: 1
    POW: 65/100
    Priority: 11
    Protocols:
    Spoiler:
    Assimilate (ACT):
    Cost: 3 Power
    Requires Nanotech
    You can quickly add or remove metallic objects to your body, treating them as augments. This allows you to use any metal object in the environment as a potentially useful asset in combat.
    Augments:
    Spoiler:
    I.R.I.S: (EXA)
    Cost: 1 Power per turn
    Your I.R.I.S system allows you to perceive the world in the infrared spectrum rather than the visible light spectrum, akin to a thermal camera. This allows you to locate relative sources of heat and cold, such as the bodies of your targets through a window from a sniping position across the street. The effect lasts until you turn it off with an Extra Action.
    Self-Replicating Nanotech:
    Cost: 1 Power per hour
    Cannot be removed
    Microscopic robots that act similarly to human cells make up most of your body, allowing you to recover from damage over time. If you are at less than 5 PLT, you will recover 1 per hour.
    Items:
    Spoiler:
    P320-S: (ACT/EXA)
    Cost: 1 9mm bullet
    Ammo: 17/34
    Standard issue military sidearm. Your chance of hitting is (95-5*(Distance in Spaces/2+E.PRV-PRC)%. Attempting to shoot an enemy next to you will halve your hit chance. You may choose to aim for a specific part of an enemy in order to hit a vital part or bypass their armor, taking a -30% penalty to your hit chance. Firing the gun as an Extra Action will also incur a -30% penalty. On a hit, deals 5 damage.
    Appearance:
    Spoiler: Image
  2. "Iso": (Technetium)
    Model: PLN-086 Release Candidate #09
    Company: Photon Automated Systems Inc.

Performance Parameters:
    Spoiler: PLT: 10
    POT: 3
    PRC: 1
    PRV: 4
    POW: 50/100
    Priority: 3
    Protocols:
    Spoiler:
    Shock (ACT):
    Cost: X Power
    Range: 1.5m
    You direct an electrical current through two metal points on the exterior of your body, dealing POT/2 damage to robots, or POT damage to humans, with a chance equal to 50% - 5%*(E.PRV-POW) of disabling the target for one turn.
    Restrain (ACT):
    Cost: 2 Power per turn
    You grab on to the enemy, preventing them from moving. On their turn, they may use their EXA to attempt to escape, rolling 1dE.POT versus your 1dPRV. Once you have grabbed your opponent, you are free to use both your ACT and EXA on subsequent turns. You may still move, but at half your normal amount, dragging your victim with you. If an external force forces you or your opponent to move, you will no longer be restraining them.
    Augments:
    Spoiler:
    Heavy Plating:
    Damage you take is reduced by 1.5*PRV, rounded down. Your priority is reduced by PLT/5 instead of PLT/10.
    Items:
    Spoiler: None Appearance:
    Spoiler: Iso stands just over 6 feet tall, and has an overall "build" designed to look similar to a strong human. The "armor" covering most of the body consists of blue-painted metal, with silver-colored trim lines near joints. The front torso has a large access panel taking up most of its space, what appears to be a car's ignition lock on the right side of the "chest," with positions for POWER and ACCESS (A key is needed, though it would make sense considering the stuff in Backstory for it to be stored with the robot), and a small Photon logo (red, yellow, and blue hexagons around a white triangle) on the left side of the "chest." The major joints are exposed, except for heavy circular metal plates on the knees and elbows, which are not painted. These plates have started to rust. The face, painted silver instead of blue, contains two large camera "eyes" with a ring of lights around each one, which can display various colors, and a grating below protecting a speaker for audio output. A radio antenna is attached vertically to the right side of the head. The hands appear to be wearing black gloves.
Discord ID: DJVoxel#2226
DJVoxel
Janitor
Janitor

Re: Robot Rampage: Rebooted - 3A [Location Unknown]

Postby DJVoxel » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:51 pm

Code: Select all
Boot.....Initialized
Searching Storage.....Found Drive C:\
Security Key.....Match Found
scytheOS.....Started on Main CPU
################################################
                  ╔═╗╔═╗   
                  ╚═╗╠╣
                  ╚═╝╚
      "Quality and Results You Deserve"
            Copyright 1988-2027
                Version 1.27
                Build SIF32C
################################################
Scanning....No Connected Devices
Battery.....|Charging....5%|
P.Matrix....Started

You boot up to complete and utter darkness. None of your sensors are online, nor are they even connected, leaving you completely guessing as to where you are.

You stay devoid of information for about a minute, after which you finally get a connection to one of your sensors.

External Audio Recieving Sensors Connected.

"Hello?" You hear an echoing voice calling out to you. "I assume you can hear me. One of these idiots decided to get you back online before we'd finished reassembling you."

You recognize this voice. It took you a moment to account for the change due to her biological growth while you've been offline, but this is the voice of Angelina Ferri, daughter of Markus Ferri; your creator. Last time you heard her, she had just turned 13.

Jugular Audio Wavelength Synthesizer Connected.

"Now that you can respond," she continues. "I'll ask you again."

"Can you hear me, Scyther?"
DJVoxel
Janitor
Janitor

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:39 pm

"Speech pattern recognized as Angelina Ferri. Yes I can hear you. Awaiting orders."
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby DJVoxel » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:53 pm

"Hmmm...."

You hear the sound of slow tapping from near the same location as Angelina's voice.

"That's not a very interesting answer for one with a Matrix like yourself.... Then again, you've never really been one to talk much."

The tapping stops.

"Tell me, is there anything you wish to know at the moment? We have a good while to chat before the reassembly is complete."
DJVoxel
Janitor
Janitor

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:44 pm

"Your speech pattern is a bit... different than the last time I heard you. What is the current date?"
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby DJVoxel » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:26 pm

"The twelfth of May, two thousand thirty six. I believe it's been five years since you were last online."

Infrared Radiation Information System Connected.

Your I.R.I.S. is reconnected, allowing you to get a general sense of the room, from the faint existence of infrared radiation through the room dousing it in a blue hue.

Your torso is currently seated in a chair, in an empty room probably in a vacant apartment building. Across from you sits a figure that you can only assume to be Angelina, since you can't fully make out her features, with her entire face appearing a bright red. She is sitting in somewhat of a slouch toward the left side of the chair, with her opposite leg hanging and the right armrest. Two guards stand on either side of her, though judging from their chests being red as opposed to their extremities, you infer that they are robotic in nature.

"Any other inquiries at the moment?"
DJVoxel
Janitor
Janitor

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:42 pm

"What... happened to Mr.Ferri? Where is he?"
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby DJVoxel » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:17 am

"Missing, presumed dead. He disappeared soon after the company filed for bankruptcy and hasn't been heard from since."
DJVoxel
Janitor
Janitor

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:20 am

"What are the current circumstances of the company? Can I do something to help?"
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby DJVoxel » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:17 pm

"The company has already been liquidated. Bringing it back now would be nothing short of a miracle. Rather, I've reassembled you for the sake of revenge."

The person behind you places their hand over your left eye socket.

Local Electromagnetic Node Sensor Connected.

Your system switches over to the L.E.N.S. for visual reception, causing the blues of the room to fade out to grey. You seem to be in an empty room underground somewhere. A single lightbulb hangs from the center of the ceiling, illuminating Angelina. She leans forward in her chair, causing the light to shine off her long auburn hair, as her blue eyes stare into your visual receptors.

"Eight years ago, there was a call to action for a peacekeeping operation in the middle east," she began. "Personality Matrix technology was on the rise and the world was watching how well such robots would function on the battlefield. The army, though reluctant to the idea, decided to allow a handful of units from each of the major corporations and have them trained alongside the newer recruits to the military at a bootcamp. By the end, the robots were inseparable from the rest of their unit.

The units were deployed as necessary for the operation, and for two years, everything was running smoothly. Suddenly, one day, some of the robots changed. They defected from the army, declaring independence from humans, and condemning us for our supposedly 'petty' conflicts. They wrecked havoc on our forces, setting back progress on the peacekeeping efforts by a few years.

The thing is, all of the robots that defected initially were created by the same manufacturer, Photon. I know you were made for assassination, but I'd imagine infiltration shouldn't be too much of a stretch from your usual."
DJVoxel
Janitor
Janitor

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:50 pm

"This is so... foolish... We are but tools, made for the convenience of our masters. Questioning their motives is nothing but vanity. Target has been accepted as 'Photon'. Requesting more information it."
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby DJVoxel » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:19 pm

"Well, some would believe otherwise...." She trails off, returning to her original, relaxed position in the chair.

"Regardless, your target is currently Photon Automated Systems Incorporated," she continues, twirling a lock of hair between her fingers. "They shut down their robotics division back when the incident happened. So it may be difficult to find information on what happened.

In order to help with this, I managed to scrounge up one of their old prototype models."

Angelina gestures to the robot to the left of her and it leaves the room through a door in the wall behind her.

"The prototype in question has a Personality Matrix, so it can be deceived just like a human, which is perfect for convincing it to aid you. I don't have much else in the way of information at the moment, but feel free to ask any questions you still have."
DJVoxel
Janitor
Janitor

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:40 pm

"Further questions are unnecessary. I am ready to begin the interrogation."
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby DJVoxel » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:18 am

"I was thinking more along the lines of convincing him to aid you with your job, but you are the expert."

You are lifted up into the air and placed on some kind of mount with a metal frame around it. The spindly man now in front of you, you assume was the one that was rebuilding you all this time. He gives you a grin from underneath his white handlebar mustache and pulls a lever on the frame.

Liniarily Integrated Motor Body Systems Connected.

All at once, your arms and legs click into place, allowing you to now move freely. The white-haired man then walks to the workbench next to the mounting frame and continues tinkering away at the bits and pieces scattered across its surface.

Just then, the robotic guard returns with a trolley. On it stands a six foot tall robot with a its whole body covered in blue, with the exception of its head, the rusted metal plates on its knees, and the trim on its joints, which are all silver.

Angelina gets up off her chair, takes something from the guard and walks over to you. She holds out her hand which has a key in its palm. You deduce this key goes in the keyhole on the right side of the robot's chest, especially since the logo on the keychain matches that on the opposite side of its chest.

"Feel free to make any preparations you need before turning it on."
DJVoxel
Janitor
Janitor

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:52 am

I would like to perform an internal scan confirm my current status and abilities.
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby DJVoxel » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:23 am

Current Status: Core Functionality Online (Basically you can do anything a human can do)
I.R.I.S. Online (Infrared vision)
Battery: [40% Charging....]

There is a charging cord attached to the back of your head that is connected to a port on the wall behind you. It's fairly long so as long as you don't tangle it up, it shouldn't restrict your movement around the room. Your synthetic hair flows around it.
DJVoxel
Janitor
Janitor

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:59 am

Turn the robot on.
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby DJVoxel » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:55 pm

You insert the key into the keyhole on its chest and turn it to the "POWER" position.

===============

Booting....
\\————————————————//
         __
        /  \
        \__/
        ____
    __  \10/  __
   /  \  \/  /  \
   \__/      \__/
Photon Automated Systems Incorporated
Prismux Version 2.3.1
Copyright 2020-2030
//————————————————\\
Scanning....
All devices connected and operational.
For a detailed log, please check diaglog3.txt.

You find yourself lying down on a metal surface and staring up at a grimy ceiling with a single lightbulb. Towering over you is a woman that your recognition software would have mistaken as human if it weren't for her clearly robotic legs.

===============

You see the rings of lights around the robot's optical receptors light up and it begins looking around the room.
DJVoxel
Janitor
Janitor

Postby Technetium » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:08 pm

Checking date and time...
Checking battery charge...
//I do not recognize this location. The same is true for this person, no, other robot, that I see here.
//How did I end up here?
//Actually, that's just one question to ask. I have several. What to start with?

Attempting to stand up.

"Hello. Who are you?"

In memory of those who have been deleted.
The last poster to survive Blindside Island will win a cookie. Or perhaps 1500...
Technetium#8515 on Discord
Technetium
Godfather
Godfather

Postby DJVoxel » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:12 pm

Your antenna attempts to connect to the Photon private network to update the date and time and receives no response. At the very least, you are certainly not where you should be.
DJVoxel
Janitor
Janitor

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:46 pm

"Greetings, automaton. I am known as Ripper, a creation of Sangvis Ferri. You have been offline for almost 6 years so it may take you some time to calibrate. Take your time and ask any questions you may have."
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Technetium » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:41 pm

//No signal? Impossible. Unless I've been moved.
//Unless a lot of possible reasons, actually, but having been moved seems most likely.

"It seems that this location isn't where I was stored, and that it isn't a location which is owned by my manufacturer, Photon Automated Systems. How, then, did I get here?"

The last poster to survive Blindside Island will win a cookie. Or perhaps 1500...
Technetium
Godfather
Godfather

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:19 am

"There was a malfunction in the personality matrix of robots of Photon 6 years ago, causing them to go rogue. The models were promptly disabled, and I assume you were among them. We wish to investigate the cause of this malfunction and get to the truth of this, and thus we require your assistance."
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Technetium » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:27 am

"This is the first I have heard of this. I was not informed as to why I was shut down and stored. As I also want to find out more information about that situation, I will be willing to help you."

"Wait. Would it not be likely that I would also 'go rogue,' whatever that might result in?"

Technetium
Godfather
Godfather

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:31 am

"Although all the robots that went rogue belonged to Photon Automated Systems, not all of them were affected. The fact that you are not hostile to me immediately is testament to that. I believe the remaining models were deactivated to prevent the spread of whatever was causing it."
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Next

Return to Completed/Abandoned Games