Another Calamity: Class 3-3 [Game Over | Extra wins]

A place for old, unplayed, and completed games go to lie.

Re: Another Calamity: Class 3-3 [October]

Postby Chemist1422 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:17 pm

PolyesterHomes wrote:
timurtheking wrote:/vote MoustacheMario

why

whyn’t
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby BRVR » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:37 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:
PolyesterHomes wrote:
timurtheking wrote:/vote MoustacheMario

why

whyn’t

//vote Mmouustachemario
THE GREAT KIJAH IS BACK AND IS HERE TO STAY!
I AM OPEN TO MAKING NEW FRIENDS TO FILL THE VOID IN MY HEART OF SADNESS!
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby MoustachioMario » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:20 pm

I feel like i'm always the reason town loses
Games Won
Spoiler:
SFM63
The Godfather
[Survived]

Games Lost
Spoiler:
NFMNFM3
The Consigliere
[Lynched Day Four]
MoustachioMario
Doctor
Doctor

Postby destawaits » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:00 pm

BRVR: 1 vote
MoustachioMario: 2 votes

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:53 pm

/vote mario
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Chemist1422 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:56 am

/vote Mario

wheeee
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Chemist1422 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:51 am

oh wait I didn’t realize I can actually kill this month

who should I kill
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby BRVR » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:14 am

Acidic or RNG it
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby UzayAltay » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:25 am

/vote Mario
46-46 Spoiler: Town Games(27-32)

NFM50,NFM51,NFM52,14D,14E, NFM54 ,14H (AF), 14G, NFM 55, NFM 56, 15C, NFM 57, NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B, VFM36, 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38, NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39, EpisodeXVII, 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58,VFM59 ,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7,XX9, VFM71,VFM72, VFM73, VFM74, 21A,VFM75,VFM76,XX14,VFM77,XX16,VFM78,VFM79

Scum Games (19-14)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53, VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E, 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8,VFM70,XX10,SFM76,SFM80
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Postby PolyesterHomes » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:03 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:oh wait I didn’t realize I can actually kill this month

who should I kill

BRVR
"Whisper in the dark. The battle may yet be won."
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby BRVR » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:18 pm

PolyesterHomes wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:oh wait I didn’t realize I can actually kill this month

who should I kill

BRVR

Lol
Makes sense though
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby destawaits » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:51 am

GAME OVER

Results will be posted in a moment.

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby destawaits » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:19 am

END OF SCHOOL TERM

Mei Misaki opened her eyepatch one last time, revealing her green, artificial eye. The last six people she checked seemed completely clean; they appeared to have not a single stain on them. Perhaps her eye had lost its properties?

As the wood-built inn began to feel strangely warm, the group reached a consensus and began to corner MoustachioMario, who starts backing away, feebly trying to find reasons for his innocence.

As Mei glanced around the inn, checking the students one last time, she saw it: an incredible, dark veil of purple, blue, and red. The color of death was radiating off none other than Chemist1422. Thinking quickly, she ran in the direction of the kitchen, hoping to send him back with a knife.

This proved to be impossible, however. As MoustachioMario tried to escape from the advancing students, he opened the door to the dining hall, only to be greeted by an explosion of fire, incinerating him. As if in response, the walls of the inn began collapsing due to a long-burning fire. As the rest of the students, the Extra included, escaped the burning inn, Mei made one last attempt to find the Extra but to no avail, as he disappeared, never to be seen again.

The Extra subsequently disappeared from the memories of the remaining students, leaving a trail of death and calamity in his wake.

MoustachioMario had the most votes. However, he died due to the Calamity! He was an Independent Investigator. His identity was Ikuo Takabayashi - The Willed.

MoustachioMario left behind this message:
MoustachioMario wrote:BeMoreActive,CarryMe,TALK

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby destawaits » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:28 am

Chemist1422 survived the school year. He was a Countermeasures Helper and The Extra. His identity was Takeru Mizuno - The Punisher.

Role-list:
Spoiler:
  • BRVR - Independent Investigator - Yumi Ogura; The Avenger
  • transportowiec96 - Independent Investigator - Yuuya Mochizuki; The Messenger
  • PolyesterHomes - Independent Investigator - Yukari Sakuragi; The Officer
  • AaronC - Independent Investigator - Naoya Teshigawara; The Sociable
  • GrumpyGoomba - Independent Investigator - Shoji Kubodera; The Teacher
  • timurtheking - One Who Does Not Exist - Mei Misaki; The Eye
  • ZoruaLuhansk - Independent Investigator - Kouichi Sakakibara; The Investigator
  • UzayAltay - Independent Investigator - Izumi Akazawa; The Head
  • Chemist1422 - Countermeasures Helper, The Extra - Takeru Mizuno; The Punisher
  • MoustachioMario - Independent Investigator - Ikuo Takabayashi; The Willed
  • Jalandh - Independent Investigator - Takako Sugiura; The Broadcaster
  • AcidicBreeze - Countermeasures Helper - Aya Ayano; The Carefree
  • DJVoxel - Independent Investigator - Tomohiko Kazami; The Vigilante

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Chemist1422 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:38 am

ez
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Re: Another Calamity: Class 3-3 [Game Over]

Postby destawaits » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:13 am

Thank you all for testing the first iteration of this game. There are a lot of improvements to make to this game, so be sure to leave your feedback and criticism.

Unfortunately, this game failed my expectations quite heavily. Then again, I don't play a lot of FM and didn't deeply consider what might happen during discussion. Some of you have talked with me regarding the improvements I can make on Discord as well. Here are some of the problems this game had and the solutions to solve them:

• Lack of discussion: Since you're playing this for the first time and not familiar with the various mechanics of its roles, you often made mistakes when discussing mechanics, which I often corrected. However, the hypoclaim strategy implemented, the role mechanics, and the incentive to avoid being a target for the Calamity left a lack of discussion, leaving non-investigative roles with no info to go on.
    Technetium from Discord wrote:But I know what I want to see is people lying to try and not be targets, not trusting other people because they may be lying, and general chaos for the Extra to exploit, and non-Extras to try and contain without endangering themselves.

In the Discord server, we've discussed changing the rules so that the people who get killed lose and adding an extra execution that only activates when the players hit vote majority in any month before the class trip. This adds an incentive to talk and not be ruled out for execution, but if people choose not to talk to avoid becoming a target for the Calamity, they may contribute to a game lost. I realize that, to avoid becoming a target, you might save things for September, so a lot more consideration on this is needed.
  • Lack of deaths: With Yukari's reworked role and the vigilantes' vests, the Calamity could claim as little as 4 lives per game. I've decided to balance this by reducing the player count to 12 and removing Ikuo Takabayashi from the identity list, as his ability is too similar to the Teacher's and inherently useless, while the Teacher may use his ability to confirm himself.
  • One Who Does Not Exist: Ideally, the person with this class position will claim his/her class position on Month 1, creating a meta where every game may result in this scenario.
    AcidicBreeze from Discord wrote:Probably a good idea to also give the one that dosnt exist a more harsher punishment for speaking up
    Since if the two deaths are triggered they would speak up about who they are anyway

I may have to change how this class position functions, although, with the new rules, people may lie about being the non-existent one.
  • To move this game along, I have considered shortening the timeframe for a month to 24 hours and prodding people to avoid tragedies such as timur forgetting his result on Mario
  • Addition rules to add include not to quote host PMs.

In conclusion, this is a hard game to fix if I am to ever fix it, since it's missing a core element for most of the game. What can I replace the voting system with that can generate discussion?

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Re: Another Calamity: Class 3-3 [Game Over | Extra wins]

Postby timurtheking » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:36 am

Ngl i did not have fun

Also i found extra as we lost
Check out my ideas:
The Philosophers (New Faction)
Witch Change/buff

Just remembering the good times when this forum was alive :))

Best known for; hosting The Room FG series and being the Right Hand of Game's Hub
timurtheking
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Another Calamity: Class 3-3 [Game Over]

Postby UzayAltay » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:53 pm

destawaits wrote:Thank you all for testing the first iteration of this game. There are a lot of improvements to make to this game, so be sure to leave your feedback and criticism.

Unfortunately, this game failed my expectations quite heavily. Then again, I don't play a lot of FM and didn't deeply consider what might happen during discussion. Some of you have talked with me regarding the improvements I can make on Discord as well. Here are some of the problems this game had and the solutions to solve them:

• Lack of discussion: Since you're playing this for the first time and not familiar with the various mechanics of its roles, you often made mistakes when discussing mechanics, which I often corrected. However, the hypoclaim strategy implemented, the role mechanics, and the incentive to avoid being a target for the Calamity left a lack of discussion, leaving non-investigative roles with no info to go on.
    Technetium from Discord wrote:But I know what I want to see is people lying to try and not be targets, not trusting other people because they may be lying, and general chaos for the Extra to exploit, and non-Extras to try and contain without endangering themselves.

In the Discord server, we've discussed changing the rules so that the people who get killed lose and adding an extra execution that only activates when the players hit vote majority in any month before the class trip. This adds an incentive to talk and not be ruled out for execution, but if people choose not to talk to avoid becoming a target for the Calamity, they may contribute to a game lost. I realize that, to avoid becoming a target, you might save things for September, so a lot more consideration on this is needed.
  • Lack of deaths: With Yukari's reworked role and the vigilantes' vests, the Calamity could claim as little as 4 lives per game. I've decided to balance this by reducing the player count to 12 and removing Ikuo Takabayashi from the identity list, as his ability is too similar to the Teacher's and inherently useless, while the Teacher may use his ability to confirm himself.
  • One Who Does Not Exist: Ideally, the person with this class position will claim his/her class position on Month 1, creating a meta where every game may result in this scenario.
    AcidicBreeze from Discord wrote:Probably a good idea to also give the one that dosnt exist a more harsher punishment for speaking up
    Since if the two deaths are triggered they would speak up about who they are anyway

I may have to change how this class position functions, although, with the new rules, people may lie about being the non-existent one.
  • To move this game along, I have considered shortening the timeframe for a month to 24 hours and prodding people to avoid tragedies such as timur forgetting his result on Mario
  • Addition rules to add include not to quote host PMs.

In conclusion, this is a hard game to fix if I am to ever fix it, since it's missing a core element for most of the game. What can I replace the voting system with that can generate discussion?
monthly events Maybe
You can flavor them as " exams "
And have Interesting mechanics at there
46-46 Spoiler: Town Games(27-32)

NFM50,NFM51,NFM52,14D,14E, NFM54 ,14H (AF), 14G, NFM 55, NFM 56, 15C, NFM 57, NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B, VFM36, 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38, NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39, EpisodeXVII, 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58,VFM59 ,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7,XX9, VFM71,VFM72, VFM73, VFM74, 21A,VFM75,VFM76,XX14,VFM77,XX16,VFM78,VFM79

Scum Games (19-14)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53, VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E, 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8,VFM70,XX10,SFM76,SFM80
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Postby destawaits » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:33 pm

I was thinking of adding exams and midterms but idk about the mechanics
Maybe some sort of clue as to each one's identity
I don't want this to be too similar to BtM either

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby destawaits » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:01 am

If no one has anything to elaborate, I'll probably lock the thread/ask DJ to move it to the appropriate sub-forum
This game probably won't ever surface again, but I gained experience

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby destawaits » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:40 am

Also I archived the server and I'm ready to delete it

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby destawaits » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:00 pm

destawaits wrote:Also I archived the server and I'm ready to delete it

I deleted the server. If you want a copy of server archives, you can PM me.

Spoiler:
destawaits
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Previous

Return to Completed/Abandoned Games