Queue Issues

Queue Issues

Postby WeepingRaven » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:39 pm

Whenever I log in to ToS I play ranked and it says it's off season. When I logged in today, something showed up on the home screen saying to try out season one of ranked, and when I clicked on that it had me log in again and half of my friends were gone. It said I had to play 10 ranked placement games, and whenever I join a queue for that it says that the numbers were uneven and I was placed in another queue. It has done this to me 7 times now. Any suggestions?

Edit: I closed the window and retried it, and when I log in it takes me to where it usually does and there's no option for ranked placement, and it just goes back to saying offseason and all of my friends are there.
WeepingRaven

Re: Queue Issues

Postby Jerme » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:40 pm

Please be aware that the offseason is currently on the main server, while the season 1 is found at the PTR, which has a small playerbase, thus rnaked games are not easily found :c
The PTR is a different server and is not synced 24/7 with the main server, thus there is an old state of your account there.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Queue Issues

Postby Chancell0r » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:34 am

WeepingRaven wrote:Whenever I log in to ToS I play ranked and it says it's off season. When I logged in today, something showed up on the home screen saying to try out season one of ranked, and when I clicked on that it had me log in again and half of my friends were gone. It said I had to play 10 ranked placement games, and whenever I join a queue for that it says that the numbers were uneven and I was placed in another queue. It has done this to me 7 times now. Any suggestions?

Edit: I closed the window and retried it, and when I log in it takes me to where it usually does and there's no option for ranked placement, and it just goes back to saying offseason and all of my friends are there.

Basically you were on the Public Test Realm, which as Jerme said is NOT the same server as the main game. The main game has 4000+ people online, whereas the PTR barely gets 100 online (almost all are playing RP/Custom). So in order to get into the Ranked queue, you need 15 people in the queue in PTR.

So in order for this to happen, you need to organise 15+ people to queue at the same time. I decided to try and do this yesterday, so I made a Discord server to help people queue at the same time. I've played 8/10 placement games on the PTR - join our Discord server here: https://discord.gg/wCeEY67
Check out my Competitive Ranked guide for all roles in Ranked.
https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/v ... =3&t=73489

2k+ elo
Go by Chancellor/Illuminate/Emily in Ranked.
Chancell0r
Transporter
Transporter

Return to Archived PTR Posts