Filter Out Blank Reports

Suggestions you have for the Trial System go here.

Filter Out Blank Reports

Postby iScabs » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:06 pm

This isn't a big issue, but occasionally when someone is reported the reason is blank. Obviously in the case of inappropriate usernames this isn't needed, but other reports means the juror has to read through the entire game to find where the gamethrow happened

Suggestion: Filter out reports of gamethrowing and harassment that are blank. But, if this were to be implemented, put in the report screen: "Please fill out the description box. Reports without descriptions may be dismissed without review." just so people actually put in the description.

This streamlines the Trial System so jurors can get through more reports and also makes sure the exact point of the rulebreak is clear. I often have to clarify with a dupe saying "Check Day #" or "Read will" because the person DID break a rule, but it's hidden in there and I literally used ctrl+f to find it
Shut up exe
iScabs
Jester
Jester

Re: Filter Out Blank Reports

Postby Jerme » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:14 pm

that could be a QoL (Quality of life) change, yet requires for the reporting part dev tiem that is currently not available I believe.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby iScabs » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:41 pm

That is true, it would require more coding. At the very least though it would be nice if the description box was a little more emphasized

Like even just a little message on the report screen would go a long way (and would also dissuade false reporters as they wouldn't have a valid reason to report someone)
Shut up exe
iScabs
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:26 pm

That might not lead to a better description, but instead to a "." as details or similar, since they have to type in something there. Or something completely different from the actual report, which also happened already in some reports.YOur proposed change does lead to a higher usage of the details box, but the quality of its content is not granted.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Flavorable » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:15 am

Also keep in mind that it's generally a good idea to read through the report anyway, in case there are other people breaking any rules.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby kubakuba007 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:48 am

and usually when this happens, the person is innocent
kubakuba007
Jester
Jester

Postby KAKERMAN23 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:08 am

I'd say if this were to be implemented, that there should be an option to skip blank reports, similar to the other skip options (like skipping Turkish/Spanish reports, skipping gamethrowing reports, etc), since some people, including myself, would want to be able to see those reports since there could be a potential rule break in them.
signature

this is a certified floating candle moment

i am female now jsjsjs
KAKERMAN23
Retributionist
Retributionist

Return to Trial System Suggestions