A couple of suggestions

Suggestions you have for the Trial System go here.

A couple of suggestions

Postby sassteroid » Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:45 pm

Hi everyone!

Couple of suggestions I have here for the current trial system, I hope these are worthwhile:

1) Having roles listed next to names in the filter area.

Right now we have [username] [ign] I propose [username] [ign] [role] ~ that way if we have a case where say someone listing random numbers 'outing' the mafia (i.e, a jester) vs an actual mafia member outing their peers - it takes about 3 seconds to determine an actual throw vs sifting through mafia chat and so on.

2) Additional rules on hate speech.

I've been overruled on a couple of cases I've guiltied where the accused player told another player to self harm or worse (and I got a demerit) ~ is this really not considered a rule break within the player base?!

3) Expiring guilty reports

Someone else posted this, but I support it. If a player has had no additional guilty verdicts within say a 12 month period, I think it should be expunged - either that or using a gamer score system (similar to how xbox works) to not only suspend players, but move the more consistently bad sports into bad sport lobby's so the better players can avoid the bad apples (I get this is a huge undertaking but i suspect the ranked ELO system could be tweaked to do this?).

4) Notes to the judge

On complicated cases or ones where you're on the fence, it might be helpful to add a note or two from a juror to a judge to explain your rationale.

Just my 2 cents!
sassteroid
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: A couple of suggestions

Postby Ezradekezra » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:11 pm

sassteroid wrote:1) Having roles listed next to names in the filter area.

Right now we have [username] [ign] I propose [username] [ign] [role] ~ that way if we have a case where say someone listing random numbers 'outing' the mafia (i.e, a jester) vs an actual mafia member outing their peers - it takes about 3 seconds to determine an actual throw vs sifting through mafia chat and so on.

iirc the "view as role" and "view by player" filters are listed in the same order (the first role listed will always correspond to player 1, for instance), although this fact probably should be made a bit clearer
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby EqsyLootz » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:25 pm

sassteroid wrote:Hi everyone!

Couple of suggestions I have here for the current trial system, I hope these are worthwhile:

1) Having roles listed next to names in the filter area.

2) Additional rules on hate speech.

I've been overruled on a couple of cases I've guiltied where the accused player told another player to self harm or worse (and I got a demerit) ~ is this really not considered a rule break within the player base?!

3) Expiring guilty reports

Someone else posted this, but I support it. If a player has had no additional guilty verdicts within say a 12 month period, I think it should be expunged - either that or using a gamer score system (similar to how xbox works) to not only suspend players, but move the more consistently bad sports into bad sport lobby's so the better players can avoid the bad apples (I get this is a huge undertaking but i suspect the ranked ELO system could be tweaked to do this?).

4) Notes to the judge

On complicated cases or ones where you're on the fence, it might be helpful to add a note or two from a juror to a judge to explain your rationale.

Just my 2 cents!

#1 is already a thing in 2.0 which should hopefully be released soon.
#2 I suggest reading the Juror guide.
#3 Staff confirmed that will never happen.
#4 Our judges know what they're doing and they will give the correct call.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Flavorable » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:33 pm

#1: The rolelist corresponds with the player list. You can also hover over a player's name and see their role.
#2: There's a big area which you could consider "told to self harm", if it's just "kys" for example, that's filtered and will not get guiltied. Only if the player implied IRL, it'd generally get guiltied. The juror guide and rules guide are good ways to check what is and isn't considered guilty.
#3: As per the game becoming pay to play, the devs have decided reports expiring is no longer a thing, which is wholly understandable. People shouldn't need to break the rules multiple times and the amount of games played should not influence whether or not people break the rules. There's plenty of people with over 10k games played who have not been suspended more than once.
#4: Staff does not take a juror's perspective into consideration when it comes to whether or not something breaks the rules. If we have questions and the juror is available in Discord, we'll ask, but this hardly ever happens. All our staff go by the rules set out by the Devs in determining whether or not something is guilty.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Trial System Suggestions