Remove or reduce newbie immunity

Suggestions you have for the Trial System go here.

Remove or reduce newbie immunity

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:03 pm

I feel like this immunity is abused by players who create new accounts knowing their first 10 trollings are free. I don't really see the point of giving them special treatment, since it's not that hard to know that screaming slurs or revealing the mafia is bad.

Right now punishing someone for gamethrowing is almost impossible because of the definition of gamethrowing (it's only punishable if you admit it, with only a few exceptions). In the case where a new account throws and they can be punished for it, it's obvious that they had malicious intent. What I want to say is that this immunity won't save newbies from being punished for being ignorant. It only protects toxic players.

I would understand it if the game was p2p, but since anyone can make an account for free on mobile, this can be endlessly abused by trolls.

Maybe we could give "newbies" some kind of leniency (like allowing them to shoot the revealed mayor as vigis if they don't admit they wanted to throw, because there is a slight chance they didn't know mayor was a town role even though that still sounds very hard to believe). But things like revealing the whole mafia while laughing at everyone are inexcusable.

Maybe new accounts could get a "new" tag for their first 10 reports, so jurors can go easy of them but still punish them if their intentions are obviously malicious. Please listen to this suggestion.

I suppose examples are not necessary, but here is an example of a new account (who admitted being an alt) abusing this mechanic to gamethrow: https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewReport.php?id=3378428
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Re: Remove or reduce newbie immunity

Postby Dragnier » Sun May 02, 2021 5:39 pm

Agree with this suggestion.

The reports shouldn't be automatically closed if the player has less than 10 games, instead the jurors should handle them normally as with any regular report.

Later, a judge can review an decide if they can grant an exception (if the player really looks like a rookie and has less than 10 games played), or just confirm the guilty verdict.

When you check the report you can easily tell if the player made a "newbie mistake", or if it was intentional gamethrowing. A player that reveals all mafia members Day1, laughs that reports do nothing, and proceeds to leave is clearly not a newbie even if he has less than 10 games played.

It is pretty sad that clear gamethrowing reports get closed automatically because of the 10 day immunity, and trolls use alt accounts to abuse the trial system.

Joacgroso wrote:
Maybe new accounts could get a "new" tag for their first 10 reports, so jurors can go easy of them but still punish them if their intentions are obviously malicious. Please listen to this suggestion.

I made a suggestion about a [Newbie} tag for the game, here is the link to the suggestion:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=116199

Regarding this topic, it could be a Newbie tag only visible in the trial system as well, just for Judges when making a final decision about the reports.
Dragnier
Witch
Witch

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun May 02, 2021 6:21 pm

Developer intervention required. It is their idea to have the first 10 gamethrowing reports be used as leniency. TurdPile can change it, however the Developers have held onto this idea and require it to be there and set to 10 until said otherwise.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Joacgroso » Sun May 02, 2021 8:15 pm

Does that mean I just suggested into the void, or is there a chance they consider this?

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Dragnier » Mon May 03, 2021 8:52 am

LevinSnakesRise wrote:Developer intervention required. It is their idea to have the first 10 gamethrowing reports be used as leniency. TurdPile can change it, however the Developers have held onto this idea and require it to be there and set to 10 until said otherwise.

This is completely valid as that is required by the Developers, but there is a difference from the 10 first games of a new player, and the 10 first games of an alt account. You can tell in the report when a player sounds like a newbie, and when he is clearly aware that he is trolling on purpose. Newbie users usually are not aware they are gamethrowing and ask for forgiveness as they are new. Trolls are fully aware of this, and mock the system that won't punish them.

Instead of having the reports automatically closed when submitted, the leniency would be as making exceptions if the player really sounds like a newbie and it isn't blatant gamethrowing. All newbie players that make a gamethrowing mistakes will receive an exception on their guilty reports, if this happens during their first 10 games.

If the player is fully aware he is GTing, then he will be punished as such. Remember that this rule of the 10 games comes with the premise that the player doesn't know enough of the rules, so mistakes can happen. A player that is aware of what he is doing shouldn't receive this benefit.
Dragnier
Witch
Witch

Postby Joacgroso » Mon May 03, 2021 9:39 am

Exactly.

As I said, it doesn't matter wheter the reported player knows the rules or not because any mistake they could possibly make is already not punished as gamethrowing, newbie or not. The only thnings that are already punishable are things that are obviously malicious and completely inexcusable. So the restriction protects mostly trolls, and barely any actual newbie (I guess some spammers are saved this way, but this could be fixed by giving them leniency).

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Return to Trial System Suggestions