Make reportable to name like others

Suggestions you have for the Trial System go here.

Make reportable to name like others

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:21 am

We all have seen people that name almost the same than other, like you name yourself

"Coffeemaster"

And someone else names themselves

"Coffemaster"

It causes a lot of confusion, yeah you can turn on numbers but not everyone knows that

I was just in a game where ambusher was named the same than LO, bg and doc though that 9 was ambusher

The name was too long, something like

whatuwantforme

And ambusher was names

whatuwanforme

It is hard to tell the diference, the thing is that mafia got an undeserved win because they used name tricking to confuse others, that should be against the rules because it only causes confusion and a lot is misslynches for something that shouldnt be part of the game
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Re: Make reportable to name like others

Postby Flavorable » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:32 am

This is why numbers were implemented.

It's a bit overkill to ban people for just simply having a name that looks like someone else's.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StlnSP » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:55 am

Besides, it's a legitimate strategy. Whether to use similar names in hopes of mislynch, or using default names so people wouldn't read your meta, it's still a strat and mods can't just ban people for that reason, no matter how ridiculous tht sounds.

And yeah, just use numbers. It's a lot faster and you wouldn't need to care about the names (or skins) at all. It should be expected to happen on ranked plays.
It's short for Stallion, but you can call me Stin.

FM Record: 0 / 0 / 0

Image Spoiler:
Goodbye, GrandChase.
StlnSP
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby OreCreeper » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:20 pm

StlnSP wrote:Besides, it's a legitimate strategy. Whether to use similar names in hopes of mislynch, or using default names so people wouldn't read your meta, it's still a strat and mods can't just ban people for that reason, no matter how ridiculous tht sounds.

And yeah, just use numbers. It's a lot faster and you wouldn't need to care about the names (or skins) at all. It should be expected to happen on ranked plays.

Reghunting is a "strategy" as well, and it's considered harassment. Not all strategies are valid.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby StlnSP » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:52 pm

OreCreeper wrote:
StlnSP wrote:Besides, it's a legitimate strategy. Whether to use similar names in hopes of mislynch, or using default names so people wouldn't read your meta, it's still a strat and mods can't just ban people for that reason, no matter how ridiculous tht sounds.

Reghunting is a "strategy" as well, and it's considered harassment. Not all strategies are valid.

I don't have the right to judge, but according to flavorable, unless they admitted to it or certain people are targeted consistently, it doesn't fall under harrasment. After all, it's the player's freedom as to choose who they check first for any reason, including regchecking.
It's short for Stallion, but you can call me Stin.

FM Record: 0 / 0 / 0

Image Spoiler:
Goodbye, GrandChase.
StlnSP
Disguiser
Disguiser

Return to Trial System Suggestions