Have guilty reports expire from record

Suggestions you have for the Trial System go here.

Have guilty reports expire from record

Postby SwampRabbit » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:56 am

This is quoted from a feedback thread.

Naru2008 wrote:Statistics haven't been released in years. However Devs have said that Ranked isn't as popular as everyone makes it out to be.

In regards to the reports and the punishments, I can confirm you indeed are on the second tier, which is 3 days, at Kat mentioned above.

First report from 2016 - https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... ?id=480458
Second report from 2019 - https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=2643042

Your set to be unbanned on the 30th, per the 3 day time limit.

I don't even know that player, but his situation makes the excellent point of how unfair it is for guilty verdicts to remain forever on a player's record. He got his first guilty more than 3 years before his second one. All of the players that I personally know who got permanently banned go through all 4 guilty verdicts within the span of 12 months or less.

I think guilty verdicts should be rolled off each player after 1 year--or 2 years at the most--the same way points for traffic violations roll off your driving record over time.

The increasing punishments are meant to be for the repeat and serious offenders. The player in the reports above is not a severe offender who deserved more than the 24 hour suspension. For crying out loud--he has had 2 guilty reports over more than THREE years. That is not someone who needs to be severely punished.

By not having an expiration on guilty reports, BMG is punishing it longest, most loyal players by handing out punishments to them that should be reserved for the most heinous offenders--those who violate rules often.

So, my suggestion is that guilty verdicts are purged from player records after the guilty verdict is one year old (or 2 years at the most).
SwampRabbit
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Have guilty reports expire from record

Postby Jerme » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:04 am

This is nothing on he side of the trial System, as it was the devs decision to not have reports expiring.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SwampRabbit » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:09 am

OK, if trial system is not the proper place to make the suggestion, then where would be? And also the trial system has been in place since like 2015, about a year after the game was online. Maybe the devs did not foresee their game lasting this long. :)
SwampRabbit
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Jerme » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:10 am

I am not sure on the location, thus I haven't moved the thread.
The thing is, that the devs ordered the no expiriation around 11 months ago, when the appeal-rules changed. I believe they keep with their words on that.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SwampRabbit » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:01 pm

Well, I think they are wrong on that. ofc it is ultimately their call, but I do not see how it would be fair to permanently ban someone for breaking 4 rules over a period of 10 years (if the guy above keeps his rule-breaking rate of once per every 3 years)

Now I do agree that if they see the error in their thinking and allow guilty verdicts to expire after say 2 years, that if a person still manages to get himself permanently banned, then that should be it for that particular account and no amount of time should make them eligible to play again.
SwampRabbit
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby ShylokVakarian » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:34 pm

Jerme wrote:This is nothing on he side of the trial System, as it was the devs decision to not have reports expiring.

Why? What possible reason could they have for this? To filter out players that accidentally screw up one too many times?

This is a very shitty business practice if you ask me, and they're bound to lose people over it.
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Brilliand » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:09 am

I'd move this out into the "Suggestions" subforum. Shapesifter has been seen posting there on occasion, and Shapesifter is really this proposal's best chance of being considered.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Trial System Suggestions