Allow Notes to be Added by Triallers

Suggestions you have for the Trial System go here.

Allow Notes to be Added by Triallers

Postby SeerSword » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:59 am

I've gone through a fair few reports where there is little or no information given by the person who is in charge of the system. When a trialler duplicates a report they can add the reason in there. I would propose the ability for a trialler to add a 1 sentence note about what has happened to give context for future triallers and give a more accurate result.

Recent example:
Reported for Hate Speech
No Reason Given

After a few minutes scrawling through the report I discover the user used the n word, a clear guilty but potentially missable with the sheer amount of dialogue they've sent, and even if not it takes up a lot of time.
SeerSword
Survivor
Survivor

Re: Allow Notes to be Added by Triallers

Postby noveiia » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:47 am

As someone who uses the trial system I support this. Another example is someone is using slang that’s offensive but you wouldn’t know the word unless it you were familiar with slang. For example, earlier today I saw a report where another player had the in game name “Nonce”, which is British slang for pedophile. I wasn’t actually trying that one I just read report appeals for fun sometimes (it makes me laugh whenever people scream about suing) but I don’t know if it ever got duped due to it being slang, and even if it was duped it could be deemed innocent if enough people who aren’t familiar with the slang inno it. However, with an add notes button someone who duped it and is familiar with it being slang could simply inform the other possible triallers that it means pedophile, especially since there’s zero tolerance for that.
noveiia
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Transcender » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:57 am

you can, you just have to dupe it I think.
or its a 2.0 thing- just-
I know its possible somehow
ok
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Meteorite21 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:15 pm

you can add extra details to a report, all you need to do is to duplicate the report for the same reason, but with details added
there are two rules in life

first rule and second rule
Meteorite21
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Transcender » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:56 pm

Meteorite21 wrote:you can add extra details to a report, all you need to do is to duplicate the report for the same reason, but with details added

yeah this
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:23 pm

Google wrote:
Meteorite21 wrote:you can add extra details to a report, all you need to do is to duplicate the report for the same reason, but with details added

yeah this

But that's a whole lot more complicated than it really could be
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Meandrina » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:25 pm

We had juror notes at one time with blue's script. It led to quite a few problems. 1. Votes are supposed to be anonymous (his included juror names with their notes) 2. Jurors votes would be influenced since other jurors left notes that they would never put under details. 3. It's better to be in details so that everyone can see it, including the player, instead of just trial people. It often explains to the player what they did wrong.
~Judge Emeritus~
Do you know all the game rules?? Check out the guide: http://bit.do/Juror-Guide

Have you played 150 games? Consider being a juror for the trial system: http://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start If you would like to join the Trial discord server, https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Meandrina
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby SeerSword » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:40 am

The problem with this approach is then there are two reports of the same designation awaiting verdict instead of one, increasing the workload in a system that already struggles to keep up.

That said I agree that reports need to be anonymous and their notes should be likewise. But then....you could have some jokers who come along and grafitti that, and reporting reports seems burdensome. That said juror notes should be included. But like, when the details are nothing and you find the kernel of hatred on day 4 or 5 it can be difficult and reports slip through the cracks. I suppose no system is perfect.
SeerSword
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Flavorable » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:54 am

SeerSword wrote:

The problem with this approach is then there are two reports of the same designation awaiting verdict instead of one, increasing the workload in a system that already struggles to keep up.

That said I agree that reports need to be anonymous and their notes should be likewise. But then....you could have some jokers who come along and grafitti that, and reporting reports seems burdensome. That said juror notes should be included. But like, when the details are nothing and you find the kernel of hatred on day 4 or 5 it can be difficult and reports slip through the cracks. I suppose no system is perfect.

Duping it does not create an extra report if the category stays the same. It just adds details and makes you automatically vote guilty.

Also, details are an extra help and should never be gone off of regardless and people are still expected to read through the entirety of the report. There have been enough times where the details on a report were downright false, as well as details on reports where people badgered other jurors into voting a particular way ("X Judge/Mod/Admin/Dev said this is guilty, so just guilty").

Whilst duping and adding details is fine, separate juror notes are definitely not, since this is what allows for sheep-voting, it also gives you insight in what other people voted to begin with (which, again, enables sheep voting).

The goal for people who vote in Trial has always been to be thorough and check through the report. We always value quality over quantity and adding notes might severely damage the quality of votes.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:48 pm

Especially since I was told that several people are starting to slip from their 'quality' and focusing on 'quantity' as I've seen several reports now that should have been Guilty or Innocent, and was the complete opposite.

No support, however staff will be getting notes to use on reports to show why they were closed, iirc.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Trial System Suggestions