Split diff. reports on same person with diff. violations

Suggestions you have for the Trial System go here.

Split diff. reports on same person with diff. violations

Postby Corsaka » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:00 pm

I've been seeing a lot of reports coming into the Trial System claiming "Hate Speech / Harassment" with one report covering it, while the rest of the "reason for report" text is about the person Cheating or Gamethrowing. It's scared me several times that I've accidentally guiltied someone who wasn't gamethrowing but was harassing others, and it makes me think they get punished for gamethrowing, even though I encounter the gamethrowing report later and inno it.

Could we please split off reasons for reports so that they're only for the currently reported offense, rather than cumulatively collecting all of them?
Corsaka

Re: Split diff. reports on same person with diff. violations

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:01 pm

If report A is for HateSpeech Harassment, and is duplicated as Cheating to create report B, it will not carry over the details for report A. The only way a duplicate report will carry over details is if the in-game report also created a report for both.

You should also only be using the 'details' as a way to narrow down where the infraction occured. You should always go by report type, not the details, as the details will not always include valid reasons on why the report is Guilty. If the reasoning is wrong, dupe for the correct reasoning and vote Innocent on said report.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Trial System Suggestions