What's the point?

Put any feedback about the game here.

What's the point?

Postby stupidphoenix » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:13 am

I just played a game in ranked where the moment day 2 started, people VFR'd and role called instantly, then day 3, same thing happened, day 4, game ended, all evils were dead. SK died to BG night one (unlucky), Jailor exe'd Mafioso n2, and Framer n3, Godfather was hung day 3. What is the point of even playing this game if things like that can happen, it completely ruins any of the fun of the game.

Literally from that game alone I am thinking about quitting.
stupidphoenix
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: What's the point?

Postby RavelordAlyssa » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:40 am

You could always just leave games when you are at graveyard and get to low elo. Because this way if you were to say "VFR", it would be like you swore at their mothers and they'll lynch you immediately. Though nobody likes low elo and I think everyone would much rather have it your way rather than gambling on ti's or jailor's to do something of use. Considering town loses majority most of the times past D2 its kinda mandatory to be active and this doesn't always mean vfr but most cases it does, especially since town loses much more points if they lose. To add on to vfr; this doesn't always make town win this just makes lazy mafs lose because they cant come up with competent role claims.
RavelordAlyssa
Medium
Medium

Postby Mroz4k » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:20 am

I mean, this is kind of how the game was meant to be played.

It works this way because of how TOS is - the TOS is, out of all the Mafia games I know, the most relient on the strenghts of roles. This puts evils into direct disadvantage, if the Town uses their initial majority to collect down the roles and weed out the liars. TOS doesnt have anything that would allow evil roles to counter this situation, unlike some other Mafia games like Forum Mafia in here, where the day literally lasts from 3 to 7 IRL days, and everyone has enough time to talk and evil roles have easier time to hide in the text.

The only hope evils have is that they all manage to claim a good enough role and keep up their deception for long enough that they can use their night abilities to take away the majority from Town.

This is why the Win ratio was always 70-80% in Town favour, rather then 50% where it should be.
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby khakha1036 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:46 am

To face this it completely easy. Answer fake-roleclaim (do good one) right after they asked. If you could survive the claim the game will go around, aroung until end.
Image Image
khakha1036
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

Postby mdb1023 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:06 am

So what you're telling me is that town was playing smart!?

Spoiler: Image
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:37 pm

So what should they do, then? Please tell me how you think Town should spend the day productively without VFR.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby DragonClaw66 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:51 pm

I'm guessing you're talking about ranked? Just play ranked practice. It may sound like a horrible idea, but I've met some pretty good players in it.
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner

Postby stupidphoenix » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:50 pm

khakha1036 wrote:To face this it completely easy. Answer fake-roleclaim (do good one) right after they asked. If you could survive the claim the game will go around, aroung until end.

Two Lookout's were Confirmed, as well as two Transporters, Serial Killer had killed been killed by Bodygaurd night one, so what exactly is there to claim, Town Killing, Random Town and Any, which let's be honest, no one believes. The moment you claim Vigilante and don't shoot anyone, you're killed, you claim Veteran, that's suicide.
stupidphoenix
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:54 pm

The problem is the rolelist, not VFR. Add more claimspace by opening up the rolelist more, and VFR becomes weaker. Easy.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby khakha1036 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:42 pm

stupidphoenix wrote:
khakha1036 wrote:To face this it completely easy. Answer fake-roleclaim (do good one) right after they asked. If you could survive the claim the game will go around, aroung until end.

Two Lookout's were Confirmed, as well as two Transporters, Serial Killer had killed been killed by Bodygaurd night one, so what exactly is there to claim, Town Killing, Random Town and Any, which let's be honest, no one believes. The moment you claim Vigilante and don't shoot anyone, you're killed, you claim Veteran, that's suicide.

Mafias keep making the same mistakes everytime, being unactive. Like when you see they flooded with roles, you must act immidately to not being catched, pick some roles, not dangerous one (like BG, Vigi) and avoid killing people who have claimed the same. It's worked yes.
Image Image
khakha1036
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

Postby Parallax7 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:48 pm

You want to quit the game because people were properly playing the game...? This is:

A) Misfortune, bad luck, nothing more really.
&
B) Poor play on scum's part, and good play on Town's part.

Don't get be a poor sport, mate.
FM Record

3-0-5-2

Newest YouTube Video

Spoiler:

Discord: Parallax#4977
Parallax7
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Location: .-. .. --. .... - / -... . .... .. -. -.. / -.-- --- ..- (EST)

Postby Tsaifly » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:03 am

Welp, face it, and claim a good fake role and participate in VFR.
Stuck at elo hell: 1070(Thx jester for 13 elo)

Played: 200 up game

Gamethrowing: None

RIP MY LIFEEEE.

Spoiler: Yeah, so my life sux
Spoiler: Right?
Spoiler: I am giving up.
Spoiler: When can I?
Spoiler: Escape this....
Spoiler: ELO
Spoiler: HELLLLLL.
Tsaifly
Medium
Medium

Location: Elsewhere in the moon, maybe in M O O N M A N's house

Postby orangeandblack5 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:25 am

This was good Town play, yes, but the fact that this is possible shows the weakness in claimspace that I've been fighting for over two years now.
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Return to Feedback